Yoh Employee Reviews

Manufacturing Engineer Planner (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA9 February 2016
Manager requested that I ask for a release from my current assignment and when I got the release I was not supported by the contract house. Current management misled me about opportunities closer to home.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Lack of intregrity
Easy to work with
Engineering Mgr. II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS2 March 2016
As a contracting company, Yoh made the process simple and easy to navigate. The on-boarding process was flawless, and their management staff was pleasant to work with.
Where did my company go?
rather not say (Current Employee) –  rather not say25 October 2015
I have worked for this company for 10yrs. They are great to keep you working. You will be on your next job before you are finished with the one you are on. IF........you are under 40 They are insensitive to older workers and anyone who is "different" and do not tolerate different, or innovative thinking.
Day and Zimmerman does not control the work sites, letting the local managers run amok. In the early years they were about service, loyalty and work ethics. Today they hove lost sight of the people who took them this far. They allow, tolerate and condone.inappropriate behaviors. They fail to correct behaviors of the field management who are allowed to run the company into the ground hiring unqualified ex-client personnel to manage.

It Could be a Great company, instead of what it is.
Pros
All gone
Cons
Everything about them.
Great staffing firm
Senior Administrative Assistant/ HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA25 January 2016
Conducted an in-depth audit of I-9 compliance for a Home Land Security inquiry.

Management was very much involved in the auditing process to ensure that all areas were covered and in full compliance with the government standards.

My fellow co-workers were troopers.
You would be crazy to work for this company
Systems Engineer/DBA (Current Employee) –  Telecommute17 March 2016
The HR department constantly requested and then finally SENT my Social Security Number in plain text over the internet.

I cannot imagine a company not knowing better then this. Have they never even seen a TV commercial?

Just imagine, people from this company setting up computers for clients?
Cons
lack of IT security oversight
Call centers mean study time.
Contract Worker for UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN22 April 2013
I was contracted through YOH to work at Nal/Sirva, a call center that functioned at part of a supply chain solution. My job was to take calls from dispatchers and track parts delivered to engineers who would call the order taking department. The order takers would contact my call center to advise of orders placed and we tracked the package until it was delivered. My manager was by far the best part of my job. He was excellent at motivating and kept the workplace fun and functional. He understood that most of the employees were not making a career of call center work and allowed us to study or pursue hobbies that were quiet and confined to our cubicals.

Eventually my department and the order taking department were phased out, blended and then moved to Costa Rica.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
outsourced.
An OK place to work, if you don't feel like advancing to better things.
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Some Place25 March 2014
I worked there for a bit over a year. In my time there I found:

-There are few good eggs in management, the vast majority of them, not so good.
-The company is incredibly cheap.
-I liken the environment similar to Scranton Office (if you watch the show "The Office") Too many people bored with not enough viable work to do, getting involved in/causing trivial drama just to fill the day with some kind of excitement.
-The goals are extremely unrealistic due to the fact that client relationships are "acquaintances" at best.
-It's a great company if you want to coast, and not further your career; Management can teach you very little (with the exception of a few), and the pay for the bay is very poor.

Other than the aforementioned, the company is OK. In my opinion, the company should worry more about retention of good people than of their image that is already non-existent, and quite frankly not that positive.
Pros
I left at 5pm everyday.
Cons
I had to come in everyday.
Contract recruiter for a major US company
Senior Recrutier (Former Employee) –  Mid-west24 April 2012
Yoh is a body shop at its core.
It has an RPO service group that burns through people very quickly and does so without any remorse.
Wages are average and don't ever ask for a raise.
My 18 month experience with Yoh was a thankless grind punctuated by visits from a person that had no management skills.
The best way to describe how Yoh manages a project is by "Downward Pressure" the manager never has to find a solution to a problem those who work for them are the problem and therefore should provide the cure.

From my experience Yoh does not do a good job in managing customer expectations and this caused many problems.
Yoh was not and is not respected by their client and Yoh was afraid of them. This may not be the case everywhere but it was where I worked.

I observed a few situations where Yoh threw a co-worker under the bus and did not defend them because they feared their client.
After such an episode would unfold you would be told see if you don't jump when they say jump you might be next.

Praise was not given and if you produced better number than those who were fulltime you must have padded your numbers.

I would not work for Yoh again unless it was my only option.
Pros
you work a strait 40
Cons
poor managers, poor client managment, you are a commodity.
Yoh On-site Manager at SAP
On-Site Client Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA21 January 2016
Working onsite at SAP has provided a tremendous amount of exposure to the innovative tech industry. Working on-site with a client has provided invaluable experiences I would not have gained otherwise. Everything from strategic planning, value in relationships/partnerships, why change is good, and even simple life values.
Great work environment.
LVN -Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  southern ca1 July 2015
The majority of work consists of completing OSHA mandated physical Including vision, hearing, and pulmonary function exams.I also provide assistance with injuries and provide first aid. Our clinic supports a manufacturing company with over 2,000 employees, so I see a wide range of injuries such as lacerations, strains/sprains, fractures, head traumas. My co-workers are FANTASTIC and very knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job is tracking down employees for their appointments. I enjoy the patient teaching aspect of my job, and when the employees has positive results due to the things I teach them. Whether it be management for diabetes, hypertension, or wound care. This job has given me great opportunities to multi-task, and prioritize as well as scheduling and improve my organization skills.
Pros
Being able to work independently, co-workers
Cons
No vacation or sick time
Great professional networking and job placement resource
Registered Nurse (Occupational Health) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CA17 February 2016
Staffing recruiters are professional and helpful, responding via email to questions and concerns in good time. Allows for the option of a flexible work schedule.
Good company to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VA11 February 2016
Good pay. Does not offer health insurance. Don't get aid time off until you have been there 1 year. They do offer a pretty good 401
Productive workplace where we had a gym and could play basketball at lunch
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA28 August 2013
We were always preparing acetonitrile diluent for HPLC analysis of Insulin Samples. I learned about record keeping and accuracy. Management was strict. My co workers were a fun group about my age. The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent pay.
I just completed this survey this must be a mishap
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA14 October 2015
Great company good people even better pay and benefits. Ill say it a million times over. Based out of Philadelphia and has a lot of opportunities in the Bay Area
Once in a life time.
Systems Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TX18 August 2014
A very good life experience. For a year a worked, on shore on a Exploration and Production Platform. It was massive. long hours and the elements were hard. I learned a lot. I have the privilege of working with very good guys. I really enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Good money, free lunch PerDiem.
Cons
Benefits. Being away from my family.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alton, IL21 September 2015
This job had great employees and an outstanding job culture. They job training was extensive and made me very comfortable when I was put on the floor.
Typical Temp Agency
hr admin specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston1 January 2015
Worked for this company for two months. You will not be supported. What the client says goes and it does not matter if the client is wrong and has poor best practices. Deplorable company. Will not support you.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
poor management, unorganized
Never Actually Met Anyone There
Contract Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, TX15 December 2015
I worked for a chemical plant in Texas through them. All my communication with them was either by phone or by email. I never met anyone from there. They were great about finding you work but not so much on protecting you. Be prepared to be totally on your own if you work for them.
Good management, little chance for advancement
Systems & Applications Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington DE21 August 2013
Was a contractor for several years, had no shot of being hired on FT, was used as a pool of labor. Raises were few and far between.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits, no PTO
Thrown into shark infested waters
Sourcer (Former Employee) –  New York24 September 2012
Difficult to know what expectations are because turnover is extremely high within management. Seems everyone there is doing two or three jobs. Promotions depend on who you know not wht you know.

2.8