Yoh Employee Reviews

interacting with artists
Materials clerk at AM Water (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PANovember 11, 2015
This was a very exciting & different job I really enjoyed interacting & working with local & international artists. Most days were different so no mundane schedules.
Pros
comfortable atmoshere
Cons
not enough work
Great to work there
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 18, 2015
Excellent company to work with. Always available to address my issues and concerns. Communicated quite well. Good work ethics.
Once in a life time.
Systems Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXAugust 18, 2014
A very good life experience. For a year a worked, on shore on a Exploration and Production Platform. It was massive. long hours and the elements were hard. I learned a lot. I have the privilege of working with very good guys. I really enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
good money, free lunch perdiem.
Cons
benefits. being away from my family.
Contract recruiter for a major US company
Senior Recrutier (Former Employee) –  Mid-westApril 24, 2012
Yoh is a body shop at its core.
It has an RPO service group that burns through people very quickly and does so without any remorse.
Wages are average and don't ever ask for a raise.
My 18 month experience with Yoh was a thankless grind punctuated by visits from a person that had no management skills.
The best way to describe how Yoh manages a project is by "Downward Pressure" the manager never has to find a solution to a problem those who work for them are the problem and therefore should provide the cure.

From my experience Yoh does not do a good job in managing customer expectations and this caused many problems.
Yoh was not and is not respected by their client and Yoh was afraid of them. This may not be the case everywhere but it was where I worked.

I observed a few situations where Yoh threw a co-worker under the bus and did not defend them because they feared their client.
After such an episode would unfold you would be told see if you don't jump when they say jump you might be next.

Praise was not given and if you produced better number than those who were fulltime you must have padded your numbers.

I would not work for Yoh again unless it was my only option.
Pros
you work a strait 40
Cons
poor managers, poor client managment, you are a commodity.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 21, 2015
This job had great employees and an outstanding job culture. They job training was extensive and made me very comfortable when I was put on the floor.
Temporary
Project Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2014
No benefits, no job security. Worked as a temporary employee on a contractual basis.
Pros
low pay and no benefits
Cons
people are nice
Great Recruiting Firm
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2014
Contract work for ACE Cash Express. Great co-workers. Benefits are very good.
Good management, little chance for advancement
Systems & Applications Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington DEAugust 21, 2013
Was a contractor for several years, had no shot of being hired on FT, was used as a pool of labor. Raises were few and far between.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, no pto
Productive and fun place.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort S.CSeptember 1, 2015
Working for Yoh is a great experience and I enjoy working here on Marine Core Air Station (MCAS) base to support all of their clients in IT issue.
good compensation but terrible followup with employees
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  orlandoMay 17, 2014
company offers very good compensation as far as wages go but keeping in touch with their contracted employees is terrible no follow up
YOH-LPL Contracted Services
Exchange Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2015
Coordinate effort to migrate existing email to hosted environment. Validating each Exchange Account, confirming successful mailflow. Maintain implemented migration schedule, accept and confirm last minute add-ons. Joined team for project, extended experience within EAC administration, as well as ProofPoint entries during migrations. Coordinate and communicate issues and assist with resolution. Troubleshoot any issues that arise.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
long distance from residence
I am a sub contractor
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard-Washington D.C.November 17, 2013
They did what they said they would do. I was able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance which I very much wanted/need.
Pros
put me in for a top secret clearance
Cons
no benefits, holidays, sick leave or vacation
YOH
System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 22, 2015
I work for Yoh but work at GE Campus. My typical day at work is very busy. Working with diff group to meet the deadline for product go-live in the Cloud and Security environment.
Pros
We have free drinks
A good Place to work
Escalations (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2012
YOH is a contracting company that places people with great jobs. Ericsson is the company I was placed with and it was a good place to work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no benefits and contracted positions
Great Company
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Results oriented company that is quickly growing. Responsible for processing payroll, SAP HR Administration, Recruiting functions and benefits.
Productive...
Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
Need better benefits. Sick time, PTO, Vacation for this contract position.
Pros
better pay.
benefits
Excellent customer service
Network Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66251June 27, 2015
I have been a contractor for YOH for about 5 years and they have always been excellent in working with me to find jobs within the telecom industry that fit my skill set.
Interesting work
Lab Technician/Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTJuly 17, 2015
Good place to work. every one is very nice. learn new skills. You are not do the same thing every day. The only problem is it contract work.
An OK place to work, if you don't feel like advancing to better things.
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Some PlaceMarch 25, 2014
I worked there for a bit over a year. In my time there I found:

-There are few good eggs in management, the vast majority of them, not so good.
-The company is incredibly cheap.
-I liken the environment similar to Scranton Office (if you watch the show "The Office") Too many people bored with not enough viable work to do, getting involved in/causing trivial drama just to fill the day with some kind of excitement.
-The goals are extremely unrealistic due to the fact that client relationships are "acquaintances" at best.
-It's a great company if you want to coast, and not further your career; Management can teach you very little (with the exception of a few), and the pay for the bay is very poor.

Other than the aforementioned, the company is OK. In my opinion, the company should worry more about retention of good people than of their image that is already non-existent, and quite frankly not that positive.
Pros
i left at 5pm everyday.
Cons
i had to come in everyday.
Great Place to work
Senior RPO Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJJune 30, 2015
Positive experience with YOH. Clients are respected and employees are recognized. Would like to see YOH higher Virtual Staff again
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
no longer supporting virtual recruiters