Yoh Employee Reviews

Great professional networking and job placement resource
Registered Nurse (Occupational Health) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CA17 February 2016
Staffing recruiters are professional and helpful, responding via email to questions and concerns in good time. Allows for the option of a flexible work schedule.
Good company to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VA11 February 2016
Good pay. Does not offer health insurance. Don't get aid time off until you have been there 1 year. They do offer a pretty good 401
Manufacturing Engineer Planner (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA9 February 2016
Manager requested that I ask for a release from my current assignment and when I got the release I was not supported by the contract house. Current management misled me about opportunities closer to home.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Lack of intregrity
Not a great atmosphere for work/life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MO5 February 2016
Very corporate atmosphere, and they expect you to be married to your job. Don't expect to get ahead if you won't sacrifice your personal/family life for them. Also, you will likely have to "worship" your management to get ahead. Hard work and revenue mean a lot less to them, than bowing down to everything the managers and leadership ask you to do/say.
Pros
Good recruiters
Cons
Poor ATS; Very Top Heavy; Metrics Driven
Great staffing firm
Senior Administrative Assistant/ HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA25 January 2016
Conducted an in-depth audit of I-9 compliance for a Home Land Security inquiry.

Management was very much involved in the auditing process to ensure that all areas were covered and in full compliance with the government standards.

My fellow co-workers were troopers.
Yoh On-site Manager at SAP
On-Site Client Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA21 January 2016
Working onsite at SAP has provided a tremendous amount of exposure to the innovative tech industry. Working on-site with a client has provided invaluable experiences I would not have gained otherwise. Everything from strategic planning, value in relationships/partnerships, why change is good, and even simple life values.
Never Actually Met Anyone There
Contract Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, TX15 December 2015
I worked for a chemical plant in Texas through them. All my communication with them was either by phone or by email. I never met anyone from there. They were great about finding you work but not so much on protecting you. Be prepared to be totally on your own if you work for them.
Good experience, horrible environment.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY20 November 2015
The Clients I worked with were amazing and it was great experience that got me a much better job! The time off and the flexible hours were a plus. However, these is no work-life balance. You either have to work late or come in early (and beg for OT) to complete your work, or not finish and risk management finding out. You get absolutely no recognition for your hard work, while other doing less/nothing excel because they are a friend of a friend. The team environment is good, when there is a team, there is way to much turn over.
Pros
Great location, flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Great to work there
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY18 November 2015
Excellent company to work with. Always available to address my issues and concerns. Communicated quite well. Good work ethics.
interacting with artists
Materials clerk at AM Water (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PA11 November 2015
This was a very exciting & different job I really enjoyed interacting & working with local & international artists. Most days were different so no mundane schedules.
Pros
comfortable atmoshere
Cons
not enough work
Great company to work
Fleet Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 November 2015
I've only been employed with YOH for about 6 months and this is an outstanding company to work for. When i first was hired, the process went smoothly and was much quicker than I anticipated.
Where did my company go?
rather not say (Current Employee) –  rather not say25 October 2015
I have worked for this company for 10yrs. They are great to keep you working. You will be on your next job before you are finished with the one you are on. IF........you are under 40 They are insensitive to older workers and anyone who is "different" and do not tolerate different, or innovative thinking.
Day and Zimmerman does not control the work sites, letting the local managers run amok. In the early years they were about service, loyalty and work ethics. Today they hove lost sight of the people who took them this far. They allow, tolerate and condone.inappropriate behaviors. They fail to correct behaviors of the field management who are allowed to run the company into the ground hiring unqualified ex-client personnel to manage.

It Could be a Great company, instead of what it is.
Pros
All gone
Cons
Everything about them.
I just completed this survey this must be a mishap
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA14 October 2015
Great company good people even better pay and benefits. Ill say it a million times over. Based out of Philadelphia and has a lot of opportunities in the Bay Area
Dead End
Science (Current Employee) –  PA7 October 2015
Yoh has little to no contact with employees, nor are there any perks of the job except for a yearly bonus (which is the same for all employees regardless of seniority or performance). The Yoh manager is very heartless and generic to all employees and only cares about keeping employees on site and the client happy. The on site management (Yoh) is worthless and never contacts anyone to see how things are going.The client I am assigned to work for offers more vacation and far more perks. It is very difficult to develop your skills in this environment since you are hired to perform a certain function and the hiring company does not recognize you as able to excel because you are a "contractor." This of course depends on which person representing the client is managing you. They are getting cheap labor without increasing their head count so they are happy as clams.There is also no room for a promotion since the hiring company dictates your salary. I know other Yoh employees who have been asked to take on more work and were refused a raise. A lot really depends on the client company so choose carefully.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alton, IL21 September 2015
This job had great employees and an outstanding job culture. They job training was extensive and made me very comfortable when I was put on the floor.
Productive and fun place.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort S.C1 September 2015
Working for Yoh is a great experience and I enjoy working here on Marine Core Air Station (MCAS) base to support all of their clients in IT issue.
must be able to multi-task
IT specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA30 July 2015
when working with YOH you must be willing to wear multiple hats. One day I am in the office doing paperwork the next day I am out in the field running line or installing computers. My co-workers are a nice bunch of people and we get along with each other great. They are very down to earth and very willing to help each other. I like that I'm not doing the same thing everyday and sometimes I get a break from being in the field to update paperwork.
Pros
not doing the same thing everyday, get to go to different building and work with the customer personally
Cons
short lunches, micro management from supervisors, no benefits, on a contract that could end at any time.
YOH
System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CA22 July 2015
I work for Yoh but work at GE Campus. My typical day at work is very busy. Working with diff group to meet the deadline for product go-live in the Cloud and Security environment.
Pros
We have free drinks
Interesting work
Lab Technician/Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CT17 July 2015
Good place to work. every one is very nice. learn new skills. You are not do the same thing every day. The only problem is it contract work.
Great work environment.
LVN -Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  southern ca1 July 2015
The majority of work consists of completing OSHA mandated physical Including vision, hearing, and pulmonary function exams.I also provide assistance with injuries and provide first aid. Our clinic supports a manufacturing company with over 2,000 employees, so I see a wide range of injuries such as lacerations, strains/sprains, fractures, head traumas. My co-workers are FANTASTIC and very knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job is tracking down employees for their appointments. I enjoy the patient teaching aspect of my job, and when the employees has positive results due to the things I teach them. Whether it be management for diabetes, hypertension, or wound care. This job has given me great opportunities to multi-task, and prioritize as well as scheduling and improve my organization skills.
Pros
Being able to work independently, co-workers
Cons
No vacation or sick time

2.8