Yoh Employee Reviews

Overall okay staffing firm. Little, unclear advancement opportunities. Can't pay contractors on time.
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC8 September 2016
I was a Recruiter at Yoh for a little over 3 years. During my tenure the company had difficulties paying contractors on time, answering contractor questions, or generally running back office operations. There is little advancement opportunities. It is nearly impossible to make the Incentive Trip for producers. Yoh is unable to recruit good talent and after 3 years I know why.
Pros
Decent base salary
Cons
Back office operations, management, advancement opportunities.
Contract work
Switch Technician (Former Employee) –  Missouri14 March 2017
Contract: As far as the actual work it was a great place to work. But, being a contractor without any benefits will take a toll. Not able to get paid for taking personal time off will limit your options. Not having that full-time title also limits in other areas that include financing, etc.

Job: Great place to work with good people. Clearly defined job roles and responsibilities.
great
Nurse Practitioner/Site Coordinatoror (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA30 July 2016
they have allowed me to work with benefits. It's nice to have an Human resources, information technology, payroll and all other administrative type of people/representatives available and with separate and individually listed easy to find phone nos.
a typical contract company
Quality Acceptance (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC25 June 2016
A typical contract company, poor management, lack of integrity, long work hours, and no raises for one whole year or Per Diem when other contract companies were providing it.
Cons
a typical contract company
Each and every work day was positive and fulfilling.
Content/software tester (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CA2 November 2016
A fulfilling day at work that involves challenges & accomplishments; learning from co-workers and being a team player, with a management look up to. The most enjoyable part of the day is the entire day. I learned something new every day and had a strong sense of purpose.
Pros
A positive work environment; short commute; set schedule, Monday through Friday.
Cons
Long commute; Expensive healthcare.
Good Income
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC13 May 2016
They supply good income and a steady employment. If you have an issue they will help you. They also provide good benefits such as medical benefits.
Pros
Steady Income and experience in aviation.
Cons
Staffing Agency
Great company to work for.
HR Specialist Globalfoundries (Former Employee) –  Malta, NY16 November 2016
Great company that placed me with GF to work for. Challenging and rewarding! Learned so much in a year and the role really kept me challenged. HR dept. was supportive and overall a great team to work with. Would recommend this company to work for. Overall great culture and values!
Great company
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Swiftwater, PA7 April 2016
YOH is the only contract company that has ever allowed job security including benefits and vacation time. I would highly recommend.
General overview
Temporary Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OH17 March 2016
This temporary opportunity came at a good time. It was an absolutely wonderful job which I enjoyed. There were no benefits due to the temporary nature but otherwise, I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a high quality job.
Transition Process
Implementation, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY26 September 2016
Extensive Corporate Organizational Transition Process to provide an accurate response. The Management Team was also undergoing a major transition process which filtered to the new employees. The communication from the Executive Team to the team members was lacking and much to be desired.
Pros
Lack of communication
Cons
Remote work environment
Dead End
Science (Current Employee) –  PA7 October 2015
Yoh has little to no contact with employees, nor are there any perks of the job except for a yearly bonus (which is the same for all employees regardless of seniority or performance). The Yoh manager is very heartless and generic to all employees and only cares about keeping employees on site and the client happy. The on site management (Yoh) is worthless and never contacts anyone to see how things are going.The client I am assigned to work for offers more vacation and far more perks. It is very difficult to develop your skills in this environment since you are hired to perform a certain function and the hiring company does not recognize you as able to excel because you are a "contractor." This of course depends on which person representing the client is managing you. They are getting cheap labor without increasing their head count so they are happy as clams.There is also no room for a promotion since the hiring company dictates your salary. I know other Yoh employees who have been asked to take on more work and were refused a raise. A lot really depends on the client company so choose carefully.
Nice Environment
Payroll Analyst / Assistant Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA28 November 2016
Working in a team setting with great people. Where everyone is there to help when there is a hard deadline to meet. I enjoy speaking with and helping clients from across the country while learning new skills to improve productivity.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Commuting
Contract Service
Quality Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC25 February 2017
I have had no problems with my present contract company.I would recommend them should someone be in need a job resource company.
Pros
onsite
research analyst
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater, PA30 October 2016
• Performed ELISA technique by using plates coated with contaminant proteins in toxoid preparation in order to indicate if the antibodies to contaminants were responsible for the discrepancy
• Maintained impeccable standards in chemical inventories, safely disposing of waste and accurately calibrating laboratory equipment
must be able to multi-task
IT specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA30 July 2015
when working with YOH you must be willing to wear multiple hats. One day I am in the office doing paperwork the next day I am out in the field running line or installing computers. My co-workers are a nice bunch of people and we get along with each other great. They are very down to earth and very willing to help each other. I like that I'm not doing the same thing everyday and sometimes I get a break from being in the field to update paperwork.
Pros
not doing the same thing everyday, get to go to different building and work with the customer personally
Cons
short lunches, micro management from supervisors, no benefits, on a contract that could end at any time.
Great team with helpful opportunities
Facilities/Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CA7 November 2016
Had a great experience with Yoh and would definitely work with Yoh in the future. There are established and have good relations with the facilities the assist.
Pros
great team
Cons
contract/temp work
Excellent Company to work for!
Occupational Health RN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC8 November 2016
I had the best recruiter and they pay well. What you see is what you get with them! I just wish they had more opportunities in my area! They are professional but down to earth.
Pros
Pay Scale and Quality Assignments
Cons
unknown
Great company, terrible clients,
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC3 November 2016
Great company, terrible clients, no control over MSP. I enjoyed working virtua/remote, not all roles are this way. The major concern was the quality of our clients
Pros
Cons
Terrible clients to work
What I learned
PC Deployment Roaming Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 200015 October 2016
During my time with Yoh services I was able to learn the proper procedures and methods of a pc deployment project and I was also able to learn basic pc troubleshooting skills.
Contract recruiter for a major US company
Senior Recrutier (Former Employee) –  Mid-west24 April 2012
Yoh is a body shop at its core.
It has an RPO service group that burns through people very quickly and does so without any remorse.
Wages are average and don't ever ask for a raise.
My 18 month experience with Yoh was a thankless grind punctuated by visits from a person that had no management skills.
The best way to describe how Yoh manages a project is by "Downward Pressure" the manager never has to find a solution to a problem those who work for them are the problem and therefore should provide the cure.

From my experience Yoh does not do a good job in managing customer expectations and this caused many problems.
Yoh was not and is not respected by their client and Yoh was afraid of them. This may not be the case everywhere but it was where I worked.

I observed a few situations where Yoh threw a co-worker under the bus and did not defend them because they feared their client.
After such an episode would unfold you would be told see if you don't jump when they say jump you might be next.

Praise was not given and if you produced better number than those who were fulltime you must have padded your numbers.

I would not work for Yoh again unless it was my only option.
Pros
you work a strait 40
Cons
poor managers, poor client managment, you are a commodity.

2.8