Yoh Employee Reviews

fun work place
Technician / Engineering (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 19, 2016
this job was exactly what I was hoping it was going to be, I loved this job. we were working on prototypes and conducting experiments
Pros
great work cutting edge technology
Cons
didn't last longer
a typical contract company
Quality Acceptance (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 25, 2016
A typical contract company, poor management, lack of integrity, long work hours, and no raises for one whole year or Per Diem when other contract companies were providing it.
Cons
a typical contract company
Good Income
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 13, 2016
They supply good income and a steady employment. If you have an issue they will help you. They also provide good benefits such as medical benefits.
Pros
Steady Income and experience in aviation.
Cons
Staffing Agency
Contract company
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2016
Good place to work. Management responds to contact with the employee. Diverse employment market. Easy to communicate with. I liked working for them.
Pros
Good response by staff and management
Cons
Hard to make initial contact.
Great company
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Swiftwater, PAApril 7, 2016
YOH is the only contract company that has ever allowed job security including benefits and vacation time. I would highly recommend.
General overview
Temporary Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 17, 2016
This temporary opportunity came at a good time. It was an absolutely wonderful job which I enjoyed. There were no benefits due to the temporary nature but otherwise, I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a high quality job.
You would be crazy to work for this company
Systems Engineer/DBA (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteMarch 17, 2016
The HR department constantly requested and then finally SENT my Social Security Number in plain text over the internet.

I cannot imagine a company not knowing better then this. Have they never even seen a TV commercial?

Just imagine, people from this company setting up computers for clients?
Cons
lack of IT security oversight
Easy to work with
Engineering Mgr. II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 2, 2016
As a contracting company, Yoh made the process simple and easy to navigate. The on-boarding process was flawless, and their management staff was pleasant to work with.
Great professional networking and job placement resource
Registered Nurse (Occupational Health) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Staffing recruiters are professional and helpful, responding via email to questions and concerns in good time. Allows for the option of a flexible work schedule.
Good company to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 11, 2016
Good pay. Does not offer health insurance. Don't get aid time off until you have been there 1 year. They do offer a pretty good 401
Manufacturing Engineer Planner (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 9, 2016
Manager requested that I ask for a release from my current assignment and when I got the release I was not supported by the contract house. Current management misled me about opportunities closer to home.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Lack of intregrity
Not a great atmosphere for work/life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Very corporate atmosphere, and they expect you to be married to your job. Don't expect to get ahead if you won't sacrifice your personal/family life for them. Also, you will likely have to "worship" your management to get ahead. Hard work and revenue mean a lot less to them, than bowing down to everything the managers and leadership ask you to do/say.
Pros
Good recruiters
Cons
Poor ATS; Very Top Heavy; Metrics Driven
Great staffing firm
Senior Administrative Assistant/ HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Conducted an in-depth audit of I-9 compliance for a Home Land Security inquiry.

Management was very much involved in the auditing process to ensure that all areas were covered and in full compliance with the government standards.

My fellow co-workers were troopers.
Yoh On-site Manager at SAP
On-Site Client Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Working onsite at SAP has provided a tremendous amount of exposure to the innovative tech industry. Working on-site with a client has provided invaluable experiences I would not have gained otherwise. Everything from strategic planning, value in relationships/partnerships, why change is good, and even simple life values.
Never Actually Met Anyone There
Contract Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 15, 2015
I worked for a chemical plant in Texas through them. All my communication with them was either by phone or by email. I never met anyone from there. They were great about finding you work but not so much on protecting you. Be prepared to be totally on your own if you work for them.
Good experience, horrible environment.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 20, 2015
The Clients I worked with were amazing and it was great experience that got me a much better job! The time off and the flexible hours were a plus. However, these is no work-life balance. You either have to work late or come in early (and beg for OT) to complete your work, or not finish and risk management finding out. You get absolutely no recognition for your hard work, while other doing less/nothing excel because they are a friend of a friend. The team environment is good, when there is a team, there is way to much turn over.
Pros
Great location, flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Great to work there
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 18, 2015
Excellent company to work with. Always available to address my issues and concerns. Communicated quite well. Good work ethics.
interacting with artists
Materials clerk at AM Water (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PANovember 11, 2015
This was a very exciting & different job I really enjoyed interacting & working with local & international artists. Most days were different so no mundane schedules.
Pros
comfortable atmoshere
Cons
not enough work
Great company to work
Fleet Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2015
I've only been employed with YOH for about 6 months and this is an outstanding company to work for. When i first was hired, the process went smoothly and was much quicker than I anticipated.
Where did my company go?
rather not say (Current Employee) –  rather not sayOctober 25, 2015
I have worked for this company for 10yrs. They are great to keep you working. You will be on your next job before you are finished with the one you are on. IF........you are under 40 They are insensitive to older workers and anyone who is "different" and do not tolerate different, or innovative thinking.
Day and Zimmerman does not control the work sites, letting the local managers run amok. In the early years they were about service, loyalty and work ethics. Today they hove lost sight of the people who took them this far. They allow, tolerate and condone.inappropriate behaviors. They fail to correct behaviors of the field management who are allowed to run the company into the ground hiring unqualified ex-client personnel to manage.

It Could be a Great company, instead of what it is.
Pros
All gone
Cons
Everything about them.

2.8