Yoh

Yoh Employee Reviews

Not a great atmosphere for work/life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Very corporate atmosphere, and they expect you to be married to your job. Don't expect to get ahead if you won't sacrifice your personal/family life for them. Also, you will likely have to "worship" your management to get ahead. Hard work and revenue mean a lot less to them, than bowing down to everything the managers and leadership ask you to do/say.
Pros
Good recruiters
Cons
Poor ATS; Very Top Heavy; Metrics Driven
Great staffing firm
Senior Administrative Assistant/ HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Conducted an in-depth audit of I-9 compliance for a Home Land Security inquiry.

Management was very much involved in the auditing process to ensure that all areas were covered and in full compliance with the government standards.

My fellow co-workers were troopers.
Yoh On-site Manager at SAP
On-Site Client Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Working onsite at SAP has provided a tremendous amount of exposure to the innovative tech industry. Working on-site with a client has provided invaluable experiences I would not have gained otherwise. Everything from strategic planning, value in relationships/partnerships, why change is good, and even simple life values.
Never Actually Met Anyone There
Contract Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 15, 2015
I worked for a chemical plant in Texas through them. All my communication with them was either by phone or by email. I never met anyone from there. They were great about finding you work but not so much on protecting you. Be prepared to be totally on your own if you work for them.
Good experience, horrible environment.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 20, 2015
The Clients I worked with were amazing and it was great experience that got me a much better job! The time off and the flexible hours were a plus. However, these is no work-life balance. You either have to work late or come in early (and beg for OT) to complete your work, or not finish and risk management finding out. You get absolutely no recognition for your hard work, while other doing less/nothing excel because they are a friend of a friend. The team environment is good, when there is a team, there is way to much turn over.
Pros
Great location, flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Great to work there
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 18, 2015
Excellent company to work with. Always available to address my issues and concerns. Communicated quite well. Good work ethics.
interacting with artists
Materials clerk at AM Water (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PANovember 11, 2015
This was a very exciting & different job I really enjoyed interacting & working with local & international artists. Most days were different so no mundane schedules.
Pros
comfortable atmoshere
Cons
not enough work
Great company to work
Fleet Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2015
I've only been employed with YOH for about 6 months and this is an outstanding company to work for. When i first was hired, the process went smoothly and was much quicker than I anticipated.
Where did my company go?
rather not say (Current Employee) –  rather not sayOctober 25, 2015
I have worked for this company for 10yrs. They are great to keep you working. You will be on your next job before you are finished with the one you are on. IF........you are under 40 They are insensitive to older workers and anyone who is "different" and do not tolerate different, or innovative thinking.
Day and Zimmerman does not control the work sites, letting the local managers run amok. In the early years they were about service, loyalty and work ethics. Today they hove lost sight of the people who took them this far. They allow, tolerate and condone.inappropriate behaviors. They fail to correct behaviors of the field management who are allowed to run the company into the ground hiring unqualified ex-client personnel to manage.

It Could be a Great company, instead of what it is.
Pros
All gone
Cons
Everything about them.
I just completed this survey this must be a mishap
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 14, 2015
Great company good people even better pay and benefits. Ill say it a million times over. Based out of Philadelphia and has a lot of opportunities in the Bay Area
Dead End
Science (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 7, 2015
Yoh has little to no contact with employees, nor are there any perks of the job except for a yearly bonus (which is the same for all employees regardless of seniority or performance). The Yoh manager is very heartless and generic to all employees and only cares about keeping employees on site and the client happy. The on site management (Yoh) is worthless and never contacts anyone to see how things are going.The client I am assigned to work for offers more vacation and far more perks. It is very difficult to develop your skills in this environment since you are hired to perform a certain function and the hiring company does not recognize you as able to excel because you are a "contractor." This of course depends on which person representing the client is managing you. They are getting cheap labor without increasing their head count so they are happy as clams.There is also no room for a promotion since the hiring company dictates your salary. I know other Yoh employees who have been asked to take on more work and were refused a raise. A lot really depends on the client company so choose carefully.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 21, 2015
This job had great employees and an outstanding job culture. They job training was extensive and made me very comfortable when I was put on the floor.
Productive and fun place.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort S.CSeptember 1, 2015
Working for Yoh is a great experience and I enjoy working here on Marine Core Air Station (MCAS) base to support all of their clients in IT issue.
must be able to multi-task
IT specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 30, 2015
when working with YOH you must be willing to wear multiple hats. One day I am in the office doing paperwork the next day I am out in the field running line or installing computers. My co-workers are a nice bunch of people and we get along with each other great. They are very down to earth and very willing to help each other. I like that I'm not doing the same thing everyday and sometimes I get a break from being in the field to update paperwork.
Pros
not doing the same thing everyday, get to go to different building and work with the customer personally
Cons
short lunches, micro management from supervisors, no benefits, on a contract that could end at any time.
YOH
System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 22, 2015
I work for Yoh but work at GE Campus. My typical day at work is very busy. Working with diff group to meet the deadline for product go-live in the Cloud and Security environment.
Pros
We have free drinks
Interesting work
Lab Technician/Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTJuly 17, 2015
Good place to work. every one is very nice. learn new skills. You are not do the same thing every day. The only problem is it contract work.
Great work environment.
LVN -Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  southern caJuly 1, 2015
The majority of work consists of completing OSHA mandated physical Including vision, hearing, and pulmonary function exams.I also provide assistance with injuries and provide first aid. Our clinic supports a manufacturing company with over 2,000 employees, so I see a wide range of injuries such as lacerations, strains/sprains, fractures, head traumas. My co-workers are FANTASTIC and very knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job is tracking down employees for their appointments. I enjoy the patient teaching aspect of my job, and when the employees has positive results due to the things I teach them. Whether it be management for diabetes, hypertension, or wound care. This job has given me great opportunities to multi-task, and prioritize as well as scheduling and improve my organization skills.
Pros
Being able to work independently, co-workers
Cons
No vacation or sick time
Great Place to work
Senior RPO Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJJune 30, 2015
Positive experience with YOH. Clients are respected and employees are recognized. Would like to see YOH higher Virtual Staff again
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
no longer supporting virtual recruiters
long work no time off
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2015
I didnt like how you work 12 Days on and get only 2 days off that is 4 days off a month thats not right
I dont like putting plane together I like fixing them
Excellent customer service
Network Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66251June 27, 2015
I have been a contractor for YOH for about 5 years and they have always been excellent in working with me to find jobs within the telecom industry that fit my skill set.