YMCA
2,712 reviews

YMCA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
keep always on contact with every employee
Volunteer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2013
Pros: free barbeque
Cons: don't spend to much on 1 task/job
Available always,in the area of work. Make your work efficient. Time management, keep always on the run. Keep on smiling to make them alive in their respective jobs. When you try to help but you cannot do it for it is not part of my accountability. When you did a great job well done.
Volunteering position
Volunteer, Office Work (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
They were flexible and very friendly.
It was a great volunteer opportunity.
Relaxed but respectful work environment
Community Worker (Former Employee), Petrolia, ONJuly 19, 2013
Co-workers and management were polite,kind and respectful. They helped me out whenever I had questions or some trouble.
Worked at Apple auto glass for this program.
YMCA (job program) - Apple auto glass (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 14, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: 1 fan, in a store thats 30-35 degrees.
Dealt with windshields, fixing broken windshields, replacing them, fixing small chips.

Learned how to clean a windshield, change whiper blades, put on a windshield, use equipment etc.

Coworkers were amazing people, really friendly and they had many good life stories to share with me.

Hardest part of the job is a really busy day, was tough handling – more... all the customers especially with no air conditioner.

Most enjoyable part, was bonding with my bosses, being able to talk when we had free time and just share stories. – less
Very fun and active work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCJuly 13, 2013
Beautiful environment to work in, many people with different cultural backgrounds, different ages.
Productive and fun volunteering place.
Child Care Provider (volunteer) (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 11, 2013
the co-workers are very peaceful, responsible, and fun to be with. The most enjoyable part of job is that I got to deal with a diverse variety of people.
I was a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), YMCA of Greater Toronto AreaJuly 11, 2013
do not know about actual workers because i was a volunteer
Great place, having fun metting and working with bunch of new people, learning lots of new things.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Learned how to deal with children.
Sat in the front desk, talking to people helping them find their way.
Met many new workers.
Sitting in a game room watch kids play, being their partners and playing with them.
Fun & productive working environment, great company values
Membership Sales Officer (Former Employee), Ascot ValeJuly 2, 2013
I worked within the memberships & marketing team to help drive membership sales by effectively creating, implementing and maintaining successful outreach campaigns & promotions. A large portion of my role was also contacting prospects in hopes of booking them in for an appointment for a tour & price presentation with myself. Occasionally I would also – more... assist the front desk during peak times. – less
Outside of the comfort zone
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJuly 2, 2013
At around 14 or 15 I had done some foolish acts on my part. As a consequence for my actions I had been given 20 hours of community service to complete. They registered me with a community service located in the housing projects in the city of Pierrefonds. This wasn't a wealthy community at all. My job was to clean the appartments where community gatherings – more... are held and help with any services my supervisor needed assistance with. This volunteer work put me out of my comfort zone and to be honest opened my eyes. This was an exellent experience for me – less
Enjoy Playing Badminton at the school
Child Care educator (Former Employee), A.Blair Macpherson school at TamarackJune 26, 2013
Pros: parents were very co-operative.
Cons: there were no long hours.
I enjoy working with children.The center is closed for summer now I want to work with other day care where I can use my best capabilities as a Child Care educator.
GOVERNMENT INTERN (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 25, 2013
Minimum wage but good learning opportunity. Great staff, very helpful and very caring of a person's needs.
Easy, but poor management
Cleaner (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbJune 24, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: poor management and mind numbing boredom
West Portage has poor management skills, as in they neglect others and only care about themselves and see themselves as being a higher person within society and look down to others. Only select managers share this, and ruin the atmosphere for others, Typical day is little to no work as no one cares so you get basically free money for doing nothing, – more... which sounds good, but in reality it's soooo boring. Good high school job. – less
First experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Generally I was there only for three hours. I was volunteer because I just wanted to see the environment before I started to study early childhood education. When I was there, I only played with the children.
It is a really enjoyable place to work
Youth Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2013
Pros: if we are allowed to go home early we still get payed for the rest of the hours
Cons: n/a
We played a lot of activities and we learnt a lot of new things like the dangers of smoking weed.
This place is a great place for youths who are struggling to get a job.
There is no hard part of the job.
a great place with great people
child and youth assistant (Former Employee), 350 Quigley rd hamilton onJune 2, 2013
it was a great place. employes had a lot of fun and interacted with each other all the time. we worked as a team and got every job done
Friendly
Teacher (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 25, 2013
Nice Friendly Workplace
Teaching High school students
time management
preparing teaching material was the hardest part
friendly work enviornment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: work enviornment
The work envirnment is so friendly. I have learned alot from this job.Especially improved my communicating skills, managing tasks and taking proper care of the customers accounts.The co-workers are really helpful. Overall, i really enjoy my job and i dont feel anything is hard in this job.I really enjoy working in YMCA and it keeps me motivating.
enjoyed working with kids
Volunteer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: wonderful people working with you
i would help get the gym area ready for the kids, and watch them and play games and draw,
Kids are fun and always surprise you
Instructor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 14, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: sometimes kids have bad days.
You always got your exercise running around in the playground and helping the kids participate in games and activities or being encouraged because you saw a kid do something amazing that they thought that they didn't have the confidence to do until you gave them a little push.

About YMCA

The YMCA was established over 160 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus – Read more