YMCA Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun place to work at.
Prep / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
I got to learn and grow as a up coming chef in training. Also management was understanding and at the same time stern. My co workers made the job more fun and enjoyable. I was good in a group setting at the YMCA.
fitness trainer volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
I learned about how to deal with client in the real world and helping them with correct exercise techniques. my co-workers was really helpful.
Pros
I got chance to participate in group fitness classes.
Cons
dirty washrooms
fun place to work
Membership Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
I would of have liked to work there longer but it was contract work. some times it was overwhelming at times when it had gotten pretty busy. But if I had the chance to work there again, I would totally apply it also gave you a free membership for a year.
Nice staff and atmosphere
Information and Referral Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
I am a placement student here and YMCA staff is too good. I would like to work here and get more experience in such organization.
volunteering with Pickle Ball program
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 15, 2016
I Really enjoy working at the Y. I help the children with learning and supervising Pickle Ball. This involves setting up the area and getting it ready. It has given me responsibility and an opportunity to learn.
Multicultural
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 15, 2016
Meet new people, grow your network.
Learn how to have a balance schedule between going to the gym and going to your job daily
Pros
Coffee
Cons
disable people
It was a learning experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be to unlock the door to the storage room, sit down on the bench and wait for parents to bring their children downstairs. Sometimes it would not happen, sometimes people would show up.
Pros
Free membership if your willing to do the work
Good Environment
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
People are friendly at YMCA. They are doing the renovation for the facility and parking lot. Students are willing to learn and trying hard to learn
Maintaining a clean and safe environment for children and co-workers and instilling good values for the children
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 30, 2016
I go into work every day to a room full of fun loving children. My job is to keep them engaged in learning about anything they are interested in.
amazing experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 30, 2016
Every one is amazing and hard working, You get to meet amazing people who share the same interests and passions as you. It is welcoming and a good atmosphere.
Great job
Housekeeping and pool maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed my time at the YMCA. The work was demanding and rewarding. I felt valued and had a wonderful relation ship with my fellow employees.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No advancment
Most rewarding job I've ever had.
Child Day Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 9, 2016
As I stated in my summary, working for the YMCA was very rewarding, in the sense that I was able to work with such an amazing group of children, meet incredible parents, while working with extremely hard-working and intelligent co-workers.
Pros
Educational, loving, and diverse environment.
Cons
No cons.
Best Work Enviornment Ever
Martial Arts Instructor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Working at the YMCA has in short, changed my life. It has provided me an opportunity to do something fun, exciting and challenging while also giving back to the community. The staff at the YMCA are incredible, they always give me a lot of motivation, support and really make me feel like I belong. As a martial arts instructor, a lot of people are looking up to you and depending on you. I consider myself to be a good leader, I enjoy what I do, I enjoy teaching students and providing them with help and it gives me incredible pride and joy when I see students that I personally coach achieve their goals.
Pros
Become phyiscally, mentally and spiritually stronger.
Cons
Endless exercise and training
Requires the ability to work in teams in a dynamic setting
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 6, 2016
The YMCA is not a high stress environment. The work conducted my require efficiency and organization, but as long as all tasks are conducted in a timely manner, the scheduling is not too overwhelming.
Great development opportunities
Supervisor/Education/Community Programmer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I learned a lot throughout my time at the YMCA. The provided great training and development programs, and ensured you were ready for your position. The various training sessions, development sessions and encouragement by managers and coaches was fantastic.
great
Early Childhood Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
love working here. great hours. flexible when need be. would suggest working here to anyone who likes working with the community.
Pros
good hours and fun programming
Cons
not enough back staff
boring
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONAugust 2, 2016
volunteering at the YMCA was boring because none of the kids knew how to play the sports properly so the sports were never fun to play.
did volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2016
they needed more activities for the kids and for it to be more outdoors and fun I found that it was lacking in that department.
N/a
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
Connections with other service providers
Opportunities to engage in other departments such as Employment and Community, Health Fitness and Recreation and Child care
its a good place to work
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
its nice, I like it and it was a fun summer. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to work and gain experience in working with children especially if you are going to be a teacher.