YMCA

YMCA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun
Gym staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: can work out on break
It was a fun first job I worked with kids played games, rock climbed and enjoyed every shift. The basketball and soccer shift was fun to work as well.
it was a fun place to volenteer at
Volunteer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 1, 2015
I volunteered with other volunteers and dealing with the toddlers was probably the hardest part in my opinion so many and get the occasional 1-5 kids that don't want to listen.
nice organization
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee), ScarFebruary 23, 2015
good organization nice people and environment. good atmosphere. enjoy working there and working with coworker. job culture is very good.
really fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 22, 2015
we scheduled meetings, a lot of ideas were generated by almost everyone present in the room. and the seats were really comfy
Fun workplace, always ready to provide friendly help
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Love helping as volunteer for the community. Health an mind are important in every persons life. Friendly staff, excellent machines, and guide programs and services
Executive Administration Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: broad range of tasks, flexibility, community involvement
Cons: as a not-for-profit, budget restraints have reduced hours to part-time
Board Meeting Preparation
 Attendance
 Survey Data
 Assembly of Board Package
 Resolutions/Motions
 Prepare – PPt slides and reports as required for presentation at Board meeting
 Meeting Evaluation Questions & data analysis preparation (Survey Monkey)
 Work Plan Management
 Process Minutes
 Distribute Management Report and other identified documents from Board meeting to SLC

Committees / Events Support
Package assembly and distribution, minutes, follow-up, communications, meeting schedule invitations, meals and inventory, venue, IT, motion and activity inventory from meetings
 Accreditation

Production Support
 Constitution and By-Laws Management
 Annual Plans – Association and Strategic
 Monthly Meeting Calendar
 Maintain Master Association Meeting Schedule for core groups (Board Committees, EMT, Managers/Site Supervisors, Events, SLC
Secretary Assistant
Clerical Assistant Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I organized and filed YMCA memberships in alphabetical order, and went through memberships that were expired , also occasionally I would take phone calls and transfer customers, I was a quick learner as soon as I started there, because I have exceptional computer skills, the people I worked with were very friendly, and I had no issues with anyone , the hardest part was probably getting used to transferring customers to other workers, I love this type of work because I have the proper skills to preform the right qualities.
Fun workplace with many different locations throughout Windsor, Ontario
Day Camp Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 14, 2015
A typical day at work included setting camp up with the other camp leaders before everyone arrived. This was followed by planning activities and a timeline for the day. The activities commenced once everyone arrived. Parents usually had questions about the camp, so answering these questions was a part of daily activities.
Loved this job
Employment Counsellor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Meeting clients to assist them in finding jobs. Presenting Life Skills workshop are the most enjoyable. Helping clients find out about themselves and how to present their skills to an employer. Meeting with other team members to review case files.

The joy on the face of a client when you have assisted them in finding a job or even to develop their self esteem.
Great place to work for
Before and after school leader (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time here as a Before and After school leader. I was given enough flexibility and responsibility to do my job.
Awesome summer!
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Great administration and co-workers for the summer term. Flexible and very energetic environment.
A great and fun environment with a pool, table tennis and a big gym.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: very interesting and fun
Cons: my time working there was too short
In a typical day at work, i learned that working with kids gives you the ability to understand them and learn more about how they think. The most enjoyable part of the hob was working with the kids and learning from them the way they see the things we can't. The hardest part of the job was giving all the kids the same amount of attention in order for one not to feel left out.
A fun and enjoyable work enviroment! Great Staff
Educator (Former Employee), Six Nations, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Arrive at the school by 2:30
make sure the after school program area is clean chairs and tables set up and whipped down.
go into storeage area get out all material needed for the days program
set up
wait for children's arriaval
go over with children what is planned for today
look over childrens agenda to see who has homework
do the days planned main activity
then go get snack prepared
have snack
then homewirk with children
do craft/gym activitcs
get ready for home time
Amazing Place To Work
YMCA of Niagara Childcare Employee (Current Employee), St.CatharinesJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, relationships with families
Cons: not enough hours
The YMCA is an amazing place to work. I am really close with all my co -workers and my boss. The job is rewarding and fun. Getting to build relationships with the children is the most amazing part. Seeing how families grow and learn is also a bonus to the job.
YMCA of Greater Toronro
Soccer Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
A great organization. I have worked for the head office of the YMCA of Greater Toronto for 2.5 years. Since then I have and still am working part time at the Central YMCA as a soccer coordinator/coach.
Overall, a great to be a part of this organization.
fun place to work at
student placement (Former Employee), highparkJanuary 5, 2015
great place to work and exercise my skills, nice neighbourhood and close to transit.
The best and only place that I have ever volunteered in totalling multiple thousands of hours.
Youth Leader (Volunteer) (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: nothing
No salary stars mainly because I was a volunteer. I volunteered at the North York YMCA for years between being a youth leader and a youth karate instructor. I just found the place and the people to be so enjoyable that I never wanted to leave and would keep coming back despite not even being employed. I learned so many skills here that mainly involve leadership and public speaking which were things I did not know how to properly utilize before. There is no hard part of the job if you enjoy it and the most enjoyable part is really just being able to talk to anyone and have such a positive environment to reinforce you with anything. I do not know the state of the NY YMCA now but during my time there between my peers and the employees,managers, and the head, I just found everyone and everything to be so enjoyable and I will never forget my time there.
Fun place to work at
I volunteer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: hours gained
Cons: a bit boring
Organize events, booths, and sections.
Help out with events, show people around
Hand out flyers about the event.
Take place in the booths, play games help kids win prizes
Clean up stations
Talk to others
Show teamwork (work together)
hahaha
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2014
really dope volunteer experience, helped disabled kids swim. in the pools.
Good
Program Participant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2014
Good working with this company

Typical day is Good

Learned Good information

Management Good

Co-workers Good

Hardest part Good

Most enjoyable part Good.

About YMCA

The YMCA was established over 160 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus – Read more