YMCA

YMCA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Volunteer
Brockville YMCA Volunteer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONApril 21, 2015
I was a volunteer at the Brockville YMCA. Please disregard the ratings I gave them in the previous section and do not use it for any other purposes.
Fun outdoor environment
Camp Councillor (Former Employee), ExshawApril 14, 2015
Met Awesome people and learned a lot about myself. Was a busy job, but you were never stressed and you always had a team behind so you could step out whenever.
Enjoyable Environment
After School Care (Current Employee), Whitby, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Met new people
Cons: Short hours
I have a great time working in this environment and teaching these children and being active every day. I enjoyed my co-workers and manager and never had a bad situation.
Enjoyable and welcoming place to work
Child and Youth Leader (Current Employee), Innisfil, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Fun and positive atmosphere
Cons: Lack of hours
On a typical day at work it is my duty to greet parents and their children and to ensure them that their child will have a safe and enjoyable time at the facility. One of my other responsibilities is to keep the storage rooms clean and accessible for others to use. Co-workers and volunteers are friendly, inviting and experienced to work with. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that parents feel their child had an enjoyable time playing activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is playing and learning with the children and seeing them leave with smiles on their faces.
A highly productive and fun working environment and excellent management
Job Skills Counsellor (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work I would engage in telephone and personal contacts with clients and employers to ensure the placement goals were achieved by both employers and employees
I learned to facilitate workshops and teaching a diverse group of clirents how to apply the skills and knowledge on the Retail Sales Associate workbooks designed by The Retail Council of Canada
Resolve all issues that could arise during the course of placements
Recuring accurate and timely payments of contractual obligations with program clients and employers
Coordinating with diverse organizations for the appropriate and complete WHIMIS, First Aid & CPR Training and Certificates issued accordingly
The hardest part of the job was to resolve any conflicts that arose due to unforeseen circunstances with clients could not comply with employers work rules and schedules. These were quicly addressed and promptly resolved to both parties satisfaction,
DIfferent activities for various ages
Volunteer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2015
I signed various members up for activities they wanted to participate it and acted accordingly. I enjoyed interacting with the staff members and the members of the YMCA. They have taught me simple values of respect.
Fun place to work
Placement Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: not friendly
I did love being a student and working with the staff but not agree with some of the decision taken upon with some staff. At times I did feel left out or taken advantage of. Loved the kids but the staff need to be reevaluated.
Learning and Gaining Experience
Resource Specialist Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Gaining Experiences
I have learned about a lot of useful experiences that I needed to use in the future. My supervisor has taught me a lot of numerous of useful strategies and helpful tip and tricks on how to get the job done in a professional manner. I have also learned how to use computer programs such as CATS, H drive, Gmail account, MS word, MS Publisher, and MS PowerPoint. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping out with clients, I'm very interested in learning about other people and developing a well build relationship with my clients and as well with my co-workers. Therefore I thank the YMCA for there commitment and leadership skills for helping me grow in the work field.
YMCA
Volunteer (Former Employee), pickeringMarch 25, 2015
Working at YMCA as a volunteer was a very fun and good learning experience. I enjoyed working there for the short time that I did .
The YMCA
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
The YMCA is a great organization; there are many interesting people you will meet and lots of training sessions. However, if you don't have management support you won't like working at the YMCA
The pay was very good.
LIFEGUARD/INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 17, 2015
If you are a student, the hours are amazing. Works well with your school hours. If you are planning to work full time, however, that is not possible with the YMCA. Only two full time positions with the aquatics team. Overall, decent place to work.
Fun
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Exshaw ABMarch 15, 2015
YMCA camp chief hector was a very fun place for a summer job. The pay is very low, but it is a great experience to work with children in the outdoors. It is not a good job in terms of professional development, but does provide great friendships and lasting skills.
barbacking
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee), Scarborough/ malvern areaMarch 12, 2015
Friday and Saturday, working form 9pm-3:30am. prepare garnishes, restock the bar, count how many stocks on hand, ect. during middle of work i walk around to collect empty/dirty cups and bottles. the fun part of the job is i get to see many different attractive girls. at the end of the night we clear all cups and bottles, take out the garbage, clean the bar and wip the floor if necessary.
Fun, Family Environment that Makes Work Fun
Child and Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun and friendly
Cons: understaffed moments
My work day starts out nice, I enjoy working with all the different families. My co-workers and I all get along like friends. The best part of the job would be getting to handle my own programs. The hardest part would be when you feel like management is isn't listening to you concerns.
fun
Gym staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: can work out on break
It was a fun first job I worked with kids played games, rock climbed and enjoyed every shift. The basketball and soccer shift was fun to work as well.
it was a fun place to volenteer at
Volunteer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 1, 2015
I volunteered with other volunteers and dealing with the toddlers was probably the hardest part in my opinion so many and get the occasional 1-5 kids that don't want to listen.
nice organization
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee), ScarFebruary 23, 2015
good organization nice people and environment. good atmosphere. enjoy working there and working with coworker. job culture is very good.
really fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 22, 2015
we scheduled meetings, a lot of ideas were generated by almost everyone present in the room. and the seats were really comfy
Fun workplace, always ready to provide friendly help
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Love helping as volunteer for the community. Health an mind are important in every persons life. Friendly staff, excellent machines, and guide programs and services
Executive Administration Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: broad range of tasks, flexibility, community involvement
Cons: as a not-for-profit, budget restraints have reduced hours to part-time
Board Meeting Preparation
 Attendance
 Survey Data
 Assembly of Board Package
 Resolutions/Motions
 Prepare – PPt slides and reports as required for presentation at Board meeting
 Meeting Evaluation Questions & data analysis preparation (Survey Monkey)
 Work Plan Management
 Process Minutes
 Distribute Management Report and other identified documents from Board meeting to SLC

Committees / Events Support
Package assembly and distribution, minutes, follow-up, communications, meeting schedule invitations, meals and inventory, venue, IT, motion and activity inventory from meetings
 Accreditation

Production Support
 Constitution and By-Laws Management
 Annual Plans – Association and Strategic
 Monthly Meeting Calendar
 Maintain Master Association Meeting Schedule for core groups (Board Committees, EMT, Managers/Site Supervisors, Events, SLC

1 2 3 4 5

About YMCA

The YMCA was established over 160 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus – Read more