YMCA

YMCA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
YMCA
Volunteer (Former Employee), pickeringMarch 25, 2015
Working at YMCA as a volunteer was a very fun and good learning experience. I enjoyed working there for the short time that I did .
The YMCA
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
The YMCA is a great organization; there are many interesting people you will meet and lots of training sessions. However, if you don't have management support you won't like working at the YMCA
Fun
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Exshaw ABMarch 15, 2015
YMCA camp chief hector was a very fun place for a summer job. The pay is very low, but it is a great experience to work with children in the outdoors. It is not a good job in terms of professional development, but does provide great friendships and lasting skills.
barbacking
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee), Scarborough/ malvern areaMarch 12, 2015
Friday and Saturday, working form 9pm-3:30am. prepare garnishes, restock the bar, count how many stocks on hand, ect. during middle of work i walk around to collect empty/dirty cups and bottles. the fun part of the job is i get to see many different attractive girls. at the end of the night we clear all cups and bottles, take out the garbage, clean the bar and wip the floor if necessary.
Fun, Family Environment that Makes Work Fun
Child and Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun and friendly
Cons: understaffed moments
My work day starts out nice, I enjoy working with all the different families. My co-workers and I all get along like friends. The best part of the job would be getting to handle my own programs. The hardest part would be when you feel like management is isn't listening to you concerns.
fun
Gym staff (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: can work out on break
It was a fun first job I worked with kids played games, rock climbed and enjoyed every shift. The basketball and soccer shift was fun to work as well.
it was a fun place to volenteer at
Volunteer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 1, 2015
I volunteered with other volunteers and dealing with the toddlers was probably the hardest part in my opinion so many and get the occasional 1-5 kids that don't want to listen.
nice organization
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee), ScarFebruary 23, 2015
good organization nice people and environment. good atmosphere. enjoy working there and working with coworker. job culture is very good.
really fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 22, 2015
we scheduled meetings, a lot of ideas were generated by almost everyone present in the room. and the seats were really comfy
Fun workplace, always ready to provide friendly help
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Love helping as volunteer for the community. Health an mind are important in every persons life. Friendly staff, excellent machines, and guide programs and services
Executive Administration Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: broad range of tasks, flexibility, community involvement
Cons: as a not-for-profit, budget restraints have reduced hours to part-time
Board Meeting Preparation
 Attendance
 Survey Data
 Assembly of Board Package
 Resolutions/Motions
 Prepare – PPt slides and reports as required for presentation at Board meeting
 Meeting Evaluation Questions & data analysis preparation (Survey Monkey)
 Work Plan Management
 Process Minutes
 Distribute Management Report and other identified documents from Board meeting to SLC

Committees / Events Support
Package assembly and distribution, minutes, follow-up, communications, meeting schedule invitations, meals and inventory, venue, IT, motion and activity inventory from meetings
 Accreditation

Production Support
 Constitution and By-Laws Management
 Annual Plans – Association and Strategic
 Monthly Meeting Calendar
 Maintain Master Association Meeting Schedule for core groups (Board Committees, EMT, Managers/Site Supervisors, Events, SLC
Secretary Assistant
Clerical Assistant Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I organized and filed YMCA memberships in alphabetical order, and went through memberships that were expired , also occasionally I would take phone calls and transfer customers, I was a quick learner as soon as I started there, because I have exceptional computer skills, the people I worked with were very friendly, and I had no issues with anyone , the hardest part was probably getting used to transferring customers to other workers, I love this type of work because I have the proper skills to preform the right qualities.
Fun workplace with many different locations throughout Windsor, Ontario
Day Camp Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 14, 2015
A typical day at work included setting camp up with the other camp leaders before everyone arrived. This was followed by planning activities and a timeline for the day. The activities commenced once everyone arrived. Parents usually had questions about the camp, so answering these questions was a part of daily activities.
Loved this job
Employment Counsellor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Meeting clients to assist them in finding jobs. Presenting Life Skills workshop are the most enjoyable. Helping clients find out about themselves and how to present their skills to an employer. Meeting with other team members to review case files.

The joy on the face of a client when you have assisted them in finding a job or even to develop their self esteem.
Great place to work for
Before and after school leader (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time here as a Before and After school leader. I was given enough flexibility and responsibility to do my job.
Awesome summer!
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Great administration and co-workers for the summer term. Flexible and very energetic environment.
A great and fun environment with a pool, table tennis and a big gym.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: very interesting and fun
Cons: my time working there was too short
In a typical day at work, i learned that working with kids gives you the ability to understand them and learn more about how they think. The most enjoyable part of the hob was working with the kids and learning from them the way they see the things we can't. The hardest part of the job was giving all the kids the same amount of attention in order for one not to feel left out.
A fun and enjoyable work enviroment! Great Staff
Educator (Former Employee), Six Nations, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Arrive at the school by 2:30
make sure the after school program area is clean chairs and tables set up and whipped down.
go into storeage area get out all material needed for the days program
set up
wait for children's arriaval
go over with children what is planned for today
look over childrens agenda to see who has homework
do the days planned main activity
then go get snack prepared
have snack
then homewirk with children
do craft/gym activitcs
get ready for home time
Amazing Place To Work
YMCA of Niagara Childcare Employee (Current Employee), St.CatharinesJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, relationships with families
Cons: not enough hours
The YMCA is an amazing place to work. I am really close with all my co -workers and my boss. The job is rewarding and fun. Getting to build relationships with the children is the most amazing part. Seeing how families grow and learn is also a bonus to the job.
YMCA of Greater Toronro
Soccer Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
A great organization. I have worked for the head office of the YMCA of Greater Toronto for 2.5 years. Since then I have and still am working part time at the Central YMCA as a soccer coordinator/coach.
Overall, a great to be a part of this organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About YMCA

The YMCA was established over 160 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus – Read more