YMCA Employee Review

Youth Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA6 July 2012
Working for the YMCA was amazing until my director retired/mentor. Management was unorganized. It was very unhealthy for me to work at times because we for forbidden to help others when they needed it. We were asked to lie when I had to let go of people. Employees didn’t get along with other employees and management wouldn’t fix the problem therefore I stepped up to the plate and did. The best thing about me working at the YMCA, was that I took it upon myself to learn about the organization and I started to do my directors job when she would be out of the office. I also received 2 awards from the organization.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
schedule was different everyday

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work/Volunteer
Team Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2018
Great people to work with here and they are understanding and polite people to work with. You can teach/Volunteer in classes depending on your experience
Pros
People to work with
Cons
Mon expérience dans la YMCA
Moniteur de camp d'été à Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2018
Ce travail ma permis d'avoir un tout premier contact avec des jeunes personnes en étant un assistant. De plus, mon anglais a était grandement améliorer parce que, entouré d'un environnement anglais, j'ai forcément optimiser cette langue. Bien évidemment, ce n'était facile au début, mais, au fil du temps, je me suis habitué.
Pros
Endroit chaleureuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

58.7K