YMCA Employee Review

Youth Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA6 July 2012
Working for the YMCA was amazing until my director retired/mentor. Management was unorganized. It was very unhealthy for me to work at times because we for forbidden to help others when they needed it. We were asked to lie when I had to let go of people. Employees didn’t get along with other employees and management wouldn’t fix the problem therefore I stepped up to the plate and did. The best thing about me working at the YMCA, was that I took it upon myself to learn about the organization and I started to do my directors job when she would be out of the office. I also received 2 awards from the organization.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
schedule was different everyday

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

FUN AND amazing
Part time educator (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2017
i was able to work with amazing staff and in different locations. the staff was amazing. they were able to give me my needed days off and got positive immediate feedback.
Pros
understanding staff and supervisor
Cons
couldnt provide better benefits
It is a fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quinte West, ON20 November 2017
It is a pleasant environment to work in,
Members and staff are friendly. The pay does not match the job requirements. this maybe because it is a charity organization. Very little room for advancement.
Pros
discounted membership or free membership
Cons
very early starts and late closes, only day that the facility is closed is Christmas day, open on all stat holidays including family day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.