YMCA Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Preschool and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON20 February 2017
I enjoyed being around the children and interacting with them everyday. The staff is all very welcoming and a very organized institutuin
Volunteer Work
Gym Welcoming Staff (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC16 February 2017
Volunteer work.

Had to aid clients find their way around the complex and got to meet many new faces.

Would put away weights that the clients have forgot to put back.

Would do a little cleaning around and had to be readily available for people to talk with me.
Great Organization that provides amazing opportunities.
Youth Internship Program, Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2017
Such an amazing organization, with excellent programs. I enjoyed my time as an intern sponsored by them. So much so that I ended up mentoring a YMCA intern further in my career.
Very Friendly, relaxed and stress free
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 February 2017
A typical day at work would be making sure the printers have enough paper, typing information on the computer, filing, & sorting and organizing files.

I learned to always focus on the task at hand because the boss might not like what i do.
temporay woman locker cleaner
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
clean and tidy locker rooms, showers, steam room. i vacuum carpets, sweep floors and mop area to shine. throw out garbage from each stall, each toilet wipe and clean bowl. sink and mirrows clean. lockers empty.
Pros
nice exercise routin
Cons
very messy
Not practicum or student friendly
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 February 2017
Most of the childcare workers are uncertified, untrained, they feel threatened by those who are. Not a place I would do a practicum at.
Love the programing, and the dedication towards the children.
Pros
Children programs
Cons
Untrained staff
Long hours but great staff
Junior Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON7 February 2017
Worked full-time for two summers in a row and the staff was great and hard-working. Loved working with the kids and spending my time outdoors. All in all a great experience!
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor pay rate
Good customer service
Swim Coach and Lifesaving Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
One of the characteristics of YMCA is its customer service which it has high standards. Three times a year, we receive training about how to do our job much better.

My job is basically to resolve conflicts, manage the lanes and keep the pool deck safe to make the members feel comfortable in the Y.
Free membership
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 February 2017
Excellent place of employment. Good people not just the employees but the members ship the have as well.great facility for working out . They wages could be better
Very fun
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
I love working at the Y, everybody there is amazing and so nice! Some of the management could use some work but apart from that it is a very pleasant place to work!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Not enough hours, constantly changing your availability

Want to know more about YMCA?

Ask a question
children
Early Childhood Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
the children are fun energetic and enthusiastic. learn from them and teach them new experiences. great learning experience
Great and fun enviroment
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
I enjoy it and like the people I work with. They are great for helping and understanding when someone new is joining the team. Its great to learn in and gain new skills.
Pros
Great people and very understanding poeple.
Cons
Its only part time hours and not enough full time availability.
Productive and fun with kids
Teach kifs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I like kids, follow up them with love is ny talent, nothing dificult with kids. More than 10 years I teach kids and follow up them, my live serve them. Blessing
Pros
Home in
Cons
Long hour
Volunteer work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2017
I worked honorably here to give something back to the community. I enjoy being able to help people to give something back who felt there is nobody else who cares for them.
Pros
Good dicepline
amazing
Assist teachers/ ECE (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 February 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company. Everything about it was great, no complaints. The management was great too. I felt like everyone who worked there was so passionate about what they did (the children), and ya over all a great place to work.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent place to meet new people.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, AB2 February 2017
Currently volunteering here. I go to the Ymap program every Thursday plus other days that we go to different places to explore and learn.
Pros
Meet new people, more opportunities
Cons
No payment
Great Learning Opportunity
Aquatic Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2017
I really enjoyed working as a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor for the YMCA. I was able to work with a great group of people and interact with the people of my community.
Amazing Work Place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2017
Amazing people that are employed by the company. Many different experiences and jobs that can and will be offered if they see you thriving in an environment.
Pros
People
Cons
Participants in some programs
Good place to work. Kind leaders andvolunteers
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 January 2017
Good days, lots to do. Fun. Empowering. Nice leaders. Good training. Every week is different. Learn life skills while you do this job. Flexible schedules
playing games with kids
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 January 2017
watching over the kids and making sure there were safe and they enjoy their day with us the counselor. The hardest part on the job was maintaining a happy environment for the kids because they be running around but manageable .
Pros
lunches