YMCA of Oakville

YMCA of Oakville Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and rewarding
Child Care Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: split shifts
Was responsible for 15 to 200 children. Oversaw 4-50 staff depending on the month. Responsible for planning daily activities, shopping, budgeting, planning group trips and organizing events.
The hardest part of the job was working a split shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was guiding cildren and teaching children.
My co workers – more... were amazing people who loved the job just as much as i did. – less
Fast pace, high demanding and fun work environment
SUPERVISOR/ TEAMLEADER SACC (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: benefits and team bonding
Cons: split shift
Working for the YMCA was truly an experience. I have worked for both Oakville and Burlington YMCA. Learning about children development and how to communicate and structure a specific program for their needs has been overall fulfilling.

I have worked specifically one on one with special needs children. I had a child with Autism and was their care giver – more... aside from the YMCA. I knew the childs specific needs and where generally the child was on the spectrum. Not only did I learn through my personal experience, but also Halton provided work-shops related to the topics a childcare worker can use to better themselves.

I will take my experience along with me in this journey of life. – less

About YMCA of Oakville

The YMCA was established over 150 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus – Read more