YMCA of Oakville Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
YMCA is a reputable place to work
RECE (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 23, 2015
Over all, YMCA of Oakville is a good place to work. They take good care of the employees and salary package is also pretty decent.
Outdoor/Indoor setting with a pool and phenomenal co workers
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Working together with a team to over see the well being of kids registered for day camp. Planning activities to see to it that campers have a great safe summer filled with a lot of physical activity and peer relation building. I learnt team work multi-tasking and etc. The staff is amazing and we all get along well.
Child Care
Program Teacher (Current Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Really great work environment.
Healthy food for children
Play to learn philosophy
Great management, hands on management who were always in the classrooms
clean fun and exciting work place.
Life guard (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free food, friends, skills, and exercise.
Cons: makes one really tired after a day at work
I would instruct a class for 45 minutes, and take a 15 minute break, for 4-6 hours.
I learn to lead, teach, and communicate.
The Y is very organized, always something to do, but never too much for one person, we worked as a team.
Co-workers are harder workers who take responsibility and pride of what they do.
Hardest part of the job was trying to teach a toddler who is scared of water to put his/her face into the water.
Every bit of this job is enjoyable.
Fast pace, high demanding and fun work environment
SUPERVISOR/ TEAMLEADER SACC (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: benefits and team bonding
Cons: split shift
Working for the YMCA was truly an experience. I have worked for both Oakville and Burlington YMCA. Learning about children development and how to communicate and structure a specific program for their needs has been overall fulfilling.

I have worked specifically one on one with special needs children. I had a child with Autism and was their care giver aside from the YMCA. I knew the childs specific needs and where generally the child was on the spectrum. Not only did I learn through my personal experience, but also Halton provided work-shops related to the topics a childcare worker can use to better themselves.

I will take my experience along with me in this journey of life.
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
great place to work for
getting to know the childrens needs is important.
Challenging and rewarding
Child Care Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: split shifts
Was responsible for 15 to 200 children. Oversaw 4-50 staff depending on the month. Responsible for planning daily activities, shopping, budgeting, planning group trips and organizing events.
The hardest part of the job was working a split shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was guiding cildren and teaching children.
My co workers were amazing people who loved the job just as much as i did.
Employees