Yelp Employee Reviews

fun environment, terrible work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
great place to work if you are a new grad, but for someone older, it will feel really unprofessional. Managers are inexperienced because yelp doesn't pay enough to keep employees around
Pros
free snacks
Cons
miserable pay
Great for recent grads
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 8, 2016
Yelp is great for entry level professionals who wants to learn sales and account management. They have an awesome training program. However, the competitiveness and frat mentality may not be for everyone.
Pros
Get experience and cool events
Cons
Compensation is not competitive
Very Productive and Active days
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at yelp is not like anywhere else. You are held to a high standard of professionalism and work ethic while keeping the atmosphere light and fun. Everyone become a team player and supports the goals and achievements of everyone around them. Management is the best. They provide daily feedback and ensure you are on the path to hit all of your personal goals. The hardest part of the job is of course the constant learning curve. It is very challenging to convince a business owner over the phone to invest with someone who they have never met in person. Sales in general is a tough but very rewarding career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the yelp atmosphere created by the great people who work there.
Pros
Free food, Free Health Insurance, Tons of Company events and sales contests
Cons
Non
Fun workplace, meaningless work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
Fun office, fun people. It's easy to get distracted by the perks, especially if this is your first job out of college. Work is too repetitive - 8 hours of non-stop cold calling. Numbers are the only thing that matter.
Pros
Free lunches, fun coworkers
Cons
No work diversity
Fun place work
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2016
Great culture but undercompensates and has high expectations. Needs to value each employee more versus continuously hiring new sales people.
Great place to work. Best years of my life.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2016
Simply put, I love working at Yelp. The training is unparalleled, and the people are amazing. There are several upper level sales opportunities that have clear paths to get to. Unlike many other sales positions, it is unclear how to get promoted, however it seems as though all managers' goals are to get their reps promoted.

The recipe to success at this company is simple: work hard, be the obvious choice, and be a team player.

The hardest part of this job is the work itself, however Yelp is quite clear about what our average level of work is. Cold-calling is never easy, especially when dealing with small business owners, however there are several tools at our fingertips to improve our sales acumen. As long as your goal (as a sales rep) is to genuinely help a small business, there is no reason why you wouldn't succeed.

All in all, would highly recommend. This is one of the few companies that allows college grads to develop a lifelong career with some hard work and dedication to the role.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, good beer, gym stipend, awesome health benefits
Cons
Cold calling, but it's what you signed up for!
Very productive yet fun and young atmosphere
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2015
Took a 2-month full training course through the Yelp University sales program. Learned various sales techniques and the ins and outs of online marketing. A typical day of work consisted of vetting accounts to reach out to throughout the day, coming up with a game plan to approach a certain number of accounts in a day, and ultimately closing sales. Management was very helpful and approachable about anything. Managers successfully lead sales teams as a whole while still focusing on individuals. The hardest part of the job is the cold calling aspect, and getting small business owners to commit to and advertising program. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the atmosphere as food and drinks were complimentary, and Yelp provided many activities such as ping pong and mini basketball hoops.
Great work culture, young hungry employees.
account executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2015
Working at Yelp was a great experience and I learned a lot, however for those considering the Account Executive position, be sure that you want and are willing to make cold calls all day. It is definitely not for everyone. Managers are all people who have had the same job as you for over a year so they are really helpful and genuinely want to see you succeed.
Pros
Work Culture, Co-workers, Fully stoked fridges with all the food you could desire
Cons
Cold Calling
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 30, 2016
It's the best company anyone could work for. They care about their employees and the culture is to die for. I would recommend this company to anyone.
amazing
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2016
I could not ask for a better job. Unfortunately I have to start looking elsewhere because I moved to be closer to family to start my own.
No comment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. The lack of professionalism is none like I've ever seen. The Ad Sales Department maybe one of the worst jobs I've held in any sales role.
Great work/life balance, Energetic workplace, constant inside training, learning new ways to bring in revenue
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2015
This was a great opportunity that helped build upon my Sales skills and close business daily.
Through calling businesses I was able to help grow their revenue by bringing in new clients/customers.
Helping Business owners grow their business by showing them the Yelp process, responding to reviews and helping them manage their Yelp Review page.
Pros
Weekly reviews with management to continue to improve my sales ability
Cons
A bit of a revolving door with employees as well as not a ton of advancement opportunities
Sales & Lively Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2016
calling customer leads every day into given territories. allocating ad-click budgets for business owners with an enhanced profile as part of the advertising packages.
productive, sales calls
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2015
super great culture working for an established start up. there were a lot of fun activities in and out of the office on fridays.
Pros
great relationship with my peers, kitchen full of snacks
Cons
sometimes a lull in workflow, which could also be followed by a super busy streak
Account Executive
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Great first job, made a ton of friends and learned basic sales and negotiation skills. Success is celebrated, and it's a really fun team environment.
Pros
Team bonding
Cons
Difficult to make comission
Productive and fun work place.
International User Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Telecommuting most of the time.
Cons
fun place but the job gets rough
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2016
great place to gain new skills, meet friends and get professional experience. But not a role you can do forever. You call all day long, dial dial dial.
Fun Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2016
Very upbeat and exciting company to work for. Amazing training program. Very few people make over $45k, 10% of company stay for over a year.
fun workplace with customer driven work
Eat24 customer support specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2015
great work environment, fun people to be around as well as fun space to be in. we at Eat24 are all bout our customer service and making sure anyone we get off the phone with had a positive outcome no matter what they called in for. very detail oriented job which needs undivided attention on the one customer at hand
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2015
Great company culture! The am surrounded by hardworking, like-minded co-workers who are interested in helping out advertising clients. We have a great management tier system set up and open communication. I highly recommend Yelp, Inc. as a great place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
N/A