Yelp

Yelp Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace, meaningless work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Free lunches, fun coworkers
Cons: No work diversity
Fun office, fun people. It's easy to get distracted by the perks, especially if this is your first job out of college. Work is too repetitive - 8 hours of non-stop cold calling. Numbers are the only thing that matter.
Very Productive and Active days
Account Executive (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Free food, Free Health Insurance, Tons of Company events and sales contests
Cons: Non
A typical day at yelp is not like anywhere else. You are held to a high standard of professionalism and work ethic while keeping the atmosphere light and fun. Everyone become a team player and supports the goals and achievements of everyone around them. Management is the best. They provide daily feedback and ensure you are on the path to hit all of your personal goals. The hardest part of the job is of course the constant learning curve. It is very challenging to convince a business owner over the phone to invest with someone who they have never met in person. Sales in general is a tough but very rewarding career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the yelp atmosphere created by the great people who work there.
Great Job
sales trainee (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 29, 2015
I learned how to talk to small business owners. I was only there for 3 months because I had to move. Their sales training is awesome.
Fast pace environment
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2015
-Make a lot of calls.
-Learned how to make cold calls, sound professional, be understanding.
-Great environment of people
productive, sales calls
Sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2015
Pros: great relationship with my peers, kitchen full of snacks
Cons: sometimes a lull in workflow, which could also be followed by a super busy streak
super great culture working for an established start up. there were a lot of fun activities in and out of the office on fridays.
Low pay but easy work.
Freelance Videographer/Producer/Editor (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Easy, fun, meet new people
Cons: Low pay
Work for yelp as freelance through a 3rd party.

It takes 4 weeks to get paid by them and the pay is not good in the first place. Other than that it's not bad.
Great work culture, young hungry employees.
account executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2015
Pros: Work Culture, Co-workers, Fully stoked fridges with all the food you could desire
Cons: Cold Calling
Working at Yelp was a great experience and I learned a lot, however for those considering the Account Executive position, be sure that you want and are willing to make cold calls all day. It is definitely not for everyone. Managers are all people who have had the same job as you for over a year so they are really helpful and genuinely want to see you succeed.
Great work/life balance, Energetic workplace, constant inside training, learning new ways to bring in revenue
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Weekly reviews with management to continue to improve my sales ability
Cons: A bit of a revolving door with employees as well as not a ton of advancement opportunities
This was a great opportunity that helped build upon my Sales skills and close business daily.
Through calling businesses I was able to help grow their revenue by bringing in new clients/customers.
Helping Business owners grow their business by showing them the Yelp process, responding to reviews and helping them manage their Yelp Review page.
Yelp - Great Starter Company
Mid-Market Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Pay
I have been working at Yelp since I graduated college. Starting as a grunt to working with some of the top businesses in the country.

But then that company advancement stops. There is little to do within the company once you are a part of the sales team.
Great environment
Account Executive (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 26, 2015
I am not sure if I am allowed to review this position, working at a review company you are not allowed to review things. Great environment, but a really tough job.
What I Learned
Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, New YorkAugust 24, 2015
With a fun and vibrant culture, Yelp is a great work environment. There is a lot of opportunity to make a name for yourself and grow your book of business. Still a young company, Yelp does have its growing pains. There is a need for a little more structure and support within sales. Overall it has been an extremely healthy and enjoyable place to work.
Great Company
Display and Mobile Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2015
Great company and culture. Work/Life balance has to be one of the best. NYC office is amazing and continues to grow. Would recommend working here at Yelp.
Run!
account executive (Former Employee), new York, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management, goals, work life
a typical day starts off with enjoying free breakfast then hitting the phones. Its a typical telemarketing job with perks of free food that is all. Your co workers are nice. They know how to pick the right people for this job. But management sucks. Your suppose to call up to 120 people per day and your manager can and will listen in on your phone calls. They set unrealistic sales goals and basically try to teach you how to harass small business owners. Prior to this job I've worked in sales but working here is like being a bill collector. You will be forced to call the same businesses over and over again even if they tell you no I'm not interested. If your fine bugging people on a daily bases as a job then yelp is the job for you.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2015
Great place to learn the ropes. Amazing benefits and work life balance. I would suggest them to anyone looking to work in digital marketing.
terrible company
sales executive (Former Employee), ScottsdaleJune 17, 2015
by far the worst company you can ever work for period. The CEO should be ashamed of the work tactics. Your day consist on harassing businesses all day long while they try to make you just a ton of red bull or coffee with music blaring which you cant hear people on the phone.
Account Executive
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: beef jerky
Cons: cat food
terrible place i would never work here again, you are treated like a prawn and fed cat food during the lunch hours to keep you from banging your head against the wall...
Love at first sight
Scout (Former Employee), Guadalajara, MéxicoMay 5, 2015
Pros: Made my own schedule
Cons: I'm a passionate workaholic
Yelp was a company that I felt in love really fast. I got the opportunity to do what I did as a volunteer during my years of collage, but they also pay me for doing it. So that was love at first sight.

I was a content media writer, for a newly arrived app at Mexico, and my contract was to develop information about interesting places in Guadalajara. So basically I would pedal around the city with my notebook and camera (the more evidence I had from places was the better) riding my bicycle, taking notes and making online recommendations for people who didn't know were to eat, where to buy clothes, or probably where to get a book. Was the dream job. But, the project ended and I moved from Mexico to Canada, so my need to share with the world what I know is still alive.

The only thing that I regret is that I didn't have the chance to meet my boss in person, all networking was via skype and emails. Still, was a great woman and always ready to answer my questions.

I still use this app, is my favorite way to get around when I travel, in my everyday research for new places to eat. I continue to support their content for the pleasure of continuing to write recommendations.
Great environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
This is a great out of college work experience dealing with a lot of small to medium businesses. Really young and hip crowd.
Awesome Place to work
Jr. Account Executive (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Hands down best job I ever had. Management is supportive coworkers are all young and personable. overall just a fun place to work and get great experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Love that they give everyone the chance to take on projects and make their own path for growth,

Management is great, as they help you with anything you need and really care about your work and constructively criticize your work.
Headquarters