Yelp

Yelp Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company, tough job
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
Yelp as a company is one of the best. They're caring, they're smart, they seem as though they're always going to be progressing to get better and better.

The job itself (Account Executive) was a cold call sales job. It's the best one you're going to have, but if it's not something you're comfortable doing it's not a fun job at all. Hours can feel long, – more... batting average is way below that of a baseball players'. You have to go in expecting rejection and hoping for deals. – less
I would recommend Yelp
Account Executive - Local Sales (SMB) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, advancement opportunities, good benefits, free lunches
Cons: sometimes the culture at yelp is immature with so many young adults out of college
Great opportunity for advancement. You can make good money with effort and dedication to the job. It's large corporation with many young adults, for some this can be distracting but if your focused Yelp can be a great place to work.

Management is fair. Some are better than others but the training is the best I've come across.
Great place to work, surrounded by hardworking motivated collegues.
Elite Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2014
The job requires you to be aggressive and optimistic. Strong work ethic is required in order to be successful. . As long as you bring a good attitude and willingness to learn you will find this to be a great place to work.
Stay away from this people
Sales (Former Employee), PhoenixMarch 1, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: all cons, horrible, horrible place to work
This company specializes in hiring people in their early 20s living with their parents and with little expectations as far as future and financial planning. They have a pretty nice revolving door going on and they make sure they truly squeeze you real good until they let you go. Benefits do not kick in until 90 days, the leads are old and have been – more... contacted 200 times already. Managers are out of lower end positions at ilegitimate call centers.
They also discriminate against people of Hispanic culture big time!
Stay away from these idiots. The competition pays better but they are more genuine and human. – less
The Best Inside Sales Experience
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, strong company culture, good potential earnings.
Cons: there is a low starting salary. low performers are given less desirable territories, which tends to perpetuate low performance.
My day consists of strategically working a book of business in a geographic territory. I call small-medium sized businesses and schedule phone appointments to discuss CPM and PPC advertising options.

Yelp has an incredible company culture, and the health benefits are nearly unbeatable. The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve. If you – more... have not done any form of cold calling previously, it takes a few months to find your voice.

My colleagues with past cold calling experience insist that working at Yelp is by far the most enjoyable phone sales job available. – less
Good company over all!
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Good company over all! They have an excellent training program.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2013
Prepared for and served various country club events and conferences
Enhanced member’s experiences by fulfilling
their questions and needs
Strengthened my professional and social skills through interacting with professional organizations
Yelp
Senior Elite Account Executive (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2013
Great culture, very much work hard play hard environment. Great training program.
Yelping New York City
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
In the sales trenches at Yelp, I became an expert in online advertising, spearheading 80 cold-calls a day working with brands to effectively reach their clients by way of advertising solutions through mobile, search and display products.

My local territories spanned the state of New York, including parts of Ballston Spa, the Bronx, Brooklyn, the Hamptons – more... and Montauk. Though challenging, and at times frustrating, I found it was a great experience in which I was able to refine my communication skills, implement a full-sales cycle and learn about online advertising and competing social platforms.

I was part of the first class Yelp hired as a public company. It was an exciting time and a unique experience inside a scaling organization. After time, I became discouraged by the cold sales environment and the waves of employees that were being hired every other month. Though I did love speaking with a variety of small business owners, from vineyards to pizza shops to plumbers, I no longer found myself passionate about my daily responsibilities and felt my talents would be better suited elsewhere. – less
Yelping for Yelp!
Yelp Marketing Internship (Current Employee), West Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2013
As the LA West Marketing Intern, I am responsible for submitting "On the Radar" events for our "Weekly Yelp", submitting a specified theme of businesses for our "Weekly Yelp" finding sponsorships for our newsletter, locating venues for events, representing Yelp.com at marketing events, preparing events beforehand and making sure everyone is having a – more... great time! – less
If you're going to work incredibly hard, you want be sure the right decisions are being made at the top.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoAugust 18, 2012
Pros: phenomenal leadership, simple mission, growth company
Cons: growing pains, sales is a tough racket
Usually when I'm interviewing a new sales hire, I get asked what I like most about Yelp. Although I could point to our sales culture, which is something I think most people would be lucky ever to experience in their careers, instead I talk about the executives.

Two things about me: I work my *** off and I never effing quit.

Prior to Yelp, I saw a – more... lot of success and learned a lot, but the company I worked for fell apart due to either arrogance or incompetance on the part of the leadership team. (I'm not sure which because obviously I wasn't in those meetings.) At Yelp, most of the decisions handed down are brilliant, and when our executive leadership makes a mistake, they look at the data and pivot. As long as I'm learning and being challenged, being compensated fairly with a decent work/life balance, and feel inspired by what I do, the only other thing I need to be happy is trust in the folks at the top. So far they've earned it. – less
A great place to learn, advance, and grow
Jr. Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free beer, events, parties, general respect, awesome benefits
Cons: money could be better
Yelp is a fun, dynamic place to work. You work closely with management, and there's a lot of transparency with what's going on in the upper levels of the company.

The training is extremely comprehensive and useful. The management provides you the right tools to learn and succeed at your job, and although expectations are high, there's not an unhealthy – more... amount of pressure.

The atmosphere is young, fun, but hardworking -- you are held accountable and to a high standard. – less

About Yelp

Yelp (NYSE: YELP) connects people with great local businesses. Yelp was founded in San Francisco in July 2004. Since then, Yelp – Read more