Yelp

Yelp Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
What I Learned
Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, New YorkAugust 24, 2015
With a fun and vibrant culture, Yelp is a great work environment. There is a lot of opportunity to make a name for yourself and grow your book of business. Still a young company, Yelp does have its growing pains. There is a need for a little more structure and support within sales. Overall it has been an extremely healthy and enjoyable place to work.
Great Company
Display and Mobile Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2015
Great company and culture. Work/Life balance has to be one of the best. NYC office is amazing and continues to grow. Would recommend working here at Yelp.
Run!
account executive (Former Employee), new York, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management, goals, work life
a typical day starts off with enjoying free breakfast then hitting the phones. Its a typical telemarketing job with perks of free food that is all. Your co workers are nice. They know how to pick the right people for this job. But management sucks. Your suppose to call up to 120 people per day and your manager can and will listen in on your phone calls. They set unrealistic sales goals and basically try to teach you how to harass small business owners. Prior to this job I've worked in sales but working here is like being a bill collector. You will be forced to call the same businesses over and over again even if they tell you no I'm not interested. If your fine bugging people on a daily bases as a job then yelp is the job for you.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2015
Great place to learn the ropes. Amazing benefits and work life balance. I would suggest them to anyone looking to work in digital marketing.
terrible company
sales executive (Former Employee), ScottsdaleJune 17, 2015
by far the worst company you can ever work for period. The CEO should be ashamed of the work tactics. Your day consist on harassing businesses all day long while they try to make you just a ton of red bull or coffee with music blaring which you cant hear people on the phone.
Account Executive
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: beef jerky
Cons: cat food
terrible place i would never work here again, you are treated like a prawn and fed cat food during the lunch hours to keep you from banging your head against the wall...
Love at first sight
Scout (Former Employee), Guadalajara, MéxicoMay 5, 2015
Pros: Made my own schedule
Cons: I'm a passionate workaholic
Yelp was a company that I felt in love really fast. I got the opportunity to do what I did as a volunteer during my years of collage, but they also pay me for doing it. So that was love at first sight.

I was a content media writer, for a newly arrived app at Mexico, and my contract was to develop information about interesting places in Guadalajara. So basically I would pedal around the city with my notebook and camera (the more evidence I had from places was the better) riding my bicycle, taking notes and making online recommendations for people who didn't know were to eat, where to buy clothes, or probably where to get a book. Was the dream job. But, the project ended and I moved from Mexico to Canada, so my need to share with the world what I know is still alive.

The only thing that I regret is that I didn't have the chance to meet my boss in person, all networking was via skype and emails. Still, was a great woman and always ready to answer my questions.

I still use this app, is my favorite way to get around when I travel, in my everyday research for new places to eat. I continue to support their content for the pleasure of continuing to write recommendations.
Great environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
This is a great out of college work experience dealing with a lot of small to medium businesses. Really young and hip crowd.
Awesome Place to work
Jr. Account Executive (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Hands down best job I ever had. Management is supportive coworkers are all young and personable. overall just a fun place to work and get great experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Love that they give everyone the chance to take on projects and make their own path for growth,

Management is great, as they help you with anything you need and really care about your work and constructively criticize your work.
Really fun company to work for.
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: young, vibrant environment.
The office environment is fun, energetic, and lively.

Yelp is a great place to get your sales career off the ground. If you can flourish as an Account Executive at Yelp, you're setting yourself up for a prosperous sales career anywhere.
Great company, tough job
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
Yelp as a company is one of the best. They're caring, they're smart, they seem as though they're always going to be progressing to get better and better.

The job itself (Account Executive) was a cold call sales job. It's the best one you're going to have, but if it's not something you're comfortable doing it's not a fun job at all. Hours can feel long, batting average is way below that of a baseball players'. You have to go in expecting rejection and hoping for deals.
I would recommend Yelp
Account Executive - Local Sales (SMB) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, advancement opportunities, good benefits, free lunches
Cons: sometimes the culture at yelp is immature with so many young adults out of college
Great opportunity for advancement. You can make good money with effort and dedication to the job. It's large corporation with many young adults, for some this can be distracting but if your focused Yelp can be a great place to work.

Management is fair. Some are better than others but the training is the best I've come across.
Great place to work, surrounded by hardworking motivated collegues.
Elite Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2014
The job requires you to be aggressive and optimistic. Strong work ethic is required in order to be successful. . As long as you bring a good attitude and willingness to learn you will find this to be a great place to work.
Stay away from this people
Sales (Former Employee), PhoenixMarch 1, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: all cons, horrible, horrible place to work
This company specializes in hiring people in their early 20s living with their parents and with little expectations as far as future and financial planning. They have a pretty nice revolving door going on and they make sure they truly squeeze you real good until they let you go. Benefits do not kick in until 90 days, the leads are old and have been contacted 200 times already. Managers are out of lower end positions at ilegitimate call centers.
They also discriminate against people of Hispanic culture big time!
Stay away from these idiots. The competition pays better but they are more genuine and human.
The Best Inside Sales Experience
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, strong company culture, good potential earnings.
Cons: there is a low starting salary. low performers are given less desirable territories, which tends to perpetuate low performance.
My day consists of strategically working a book of business in a geographic territory. I call small-medium sized businesses and schedule phone appointments to discuss CPM and PPC advertising options.

Yelp has an incredible company culture, and the health benefits are nearly unbeatable. The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve. If you have not done any form of cold calling previously, it takes a few months to find your voice.

My colleagues with past cold calling experience insist that working at Yelp is by far the most enjoyable phone sales job available.
Good company over all!
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Good company over all! They have an excellent training program.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2013
Prepared for and served various country club events and conferences
Enhanced member’s experiences by fulfilling
their questions and needs
Strengthened my professional and social skills through interacting with professional organizations
Yelp
Senior Elite Account Executive (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2013
Great culture, very much work hard play hard environment. Great training program.
Yelping New York City
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
In the sales trenches at Yelp, I became an expert in online advertising, spearheading 80 cold-calls a day working with brands to effectively reach their clients by way of advertising solutions through mobile, search and display products.

My local territories spanned the state of New York, including parts of Ballston Spa, the Bronx, Brooklyn, the Hamptons and Montauk. Though challenging, and at times frustrating, I found it was a great experience in which I was able to refine my communication skills, implement a full-sales cycle and learn about online advertising and competing social platforms.

I was part of the first class Yelp hired as a public company. It was an exciting time and a unique experience inside a scaling organization. After time, I became discouraged by the cold sales environment and the waves of employees that were being hired every other month. Though I did love speaking with a variety of small business owners, from vineyards to pizza shops to plumbers, I no longer found myself passionate about my daily responsibilities and felt my talents would be better suited elsewhere.
Headquarters