Yellowhead Regional Employment Skills & Services (YRESS) is a non-profit, government funded organization that provides community-based employment assistance services to assist unemployed and underemployed people in preparing for, finding and keeping jobs. Our office is located in Minnedosa and services the surrounding communities and RM’s.
This is an F/T opportunity to the end of a current contract. Renewal of contract each year is dependent upon government funding.
As the Administrative Assistant you will:
- Use your accounting knowledge to maintain the YRESS computerized accounting system
- Manage the on-site job board
- Input and prepare reports on statistical data
- Ensure a positive and supportive experience for clients, the general public and employers
- Apply your enthusiasm for helping people by providing information, assisting with online applications and facilitating job referrals
- Coordinate meetings, attend meetings and take and transcribe minutes.
- Process and deliver mail, bank deposits, invoices and receipts. Photocopy documents and send facsimiles
- Receive and respond to telephone inquires
- Maintain and order office supplies and resource materials
You bring the following attributes to the position:
- Experienced and proficient with computerized accounting preferably QuickBooks
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office applications, email and internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish effective working relationships with a wide range of clients
and interact with employees, the public, and representatives from external agencies
- An understanding of resume development, job search tools and interview skills
- Well-developed organization, decision making and problem-solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to resolve situations utilizing knowledge of policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in written form
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
If you are a self-motivated, team-focused person with an interest in providing career services in the community, please forward your resume with cover letter and 3 work related references by May 1, 2013 to:
Yellowhead Regional Employment Skills and Services
133 Main Street South
PO Box 367
Minnedosa, MB R0J 1E0
All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.