Yellow Pages Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible place to work, $18,000 a year base, forget it
Sales (Former Employee) –  VancouverJuly 25, 2013
I worked her and it was awful. Managers are awful. You have to make $6000 and then you do not get it till you leave YPG.
Pros
Cafeteria in building
Cons
Different computer systems can drive a person crazy
YP had seen better times
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  BurnabyFebruary 9, 2013
Very long hours, pay was ok. My channel was dissolved, was not happy with the new role of handling all the cancellations in new role.
Mgmt was so-so. However their training was second to none.
YP's CRM system was a joke, hopefully it was upgraded because it was a nightmare to navigate and the biggest time waster.
Pros
ongoing training, home offices, benefits, autonomy
Cons
long hours, crm, mgmt
Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines
Overall work day is working in a high-volume, in-demand needs for the business
Production Support Analyst/Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 17, 2012
My Review is that the organization needs to engage more in current technology.
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making money.
There was never any pressure.Only requested to have so many ads put in the system in a run of the day.
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John n.bOctober 2, 2012
Each day going to work was exciting for me. Management was great! My co-workers were really nice people.Very east to get along with.The hardest part of the job was understanding what different options that need to be added to a specific request customer wanted.At times that was a challenge. The whole day going into work was the most enjoyablw with all honesty.Very bright and happy place to be.
Pros
for great attendance and you would receive free 15 mins breaks at the end of the month.
Cons
trying to figure out ads(prints)that customers requested.
Amazing work culture
Consumer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2012
It's a great location with an amazing work culture, benefits are really good as well.
A fun workplace where company values are demonstrated and applied everyday
Payroll Specialist / HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2012
Working for the Yellow Pages Group has allowed me to grow professionally and expand my knowledge in the Human Resources field.
My work specifically comprised of handling everything from payroll, compensation, benefits and all things related to HR for our US offices in Indiana and Pennsylvania. Yellow Pages even paid for my courses to better prepare me for my job in regards to all the US rules and regulations with HR and Payroll.
Our management team was also excellent because they had 6 months and yearly evaluations with their teams. This allowed individuals to express their work and any issues they were having or areas which needed improvement.
I truly enjoyed the one on one time I had with my management team because it allowed me to show my comprehension and offer my opinion which later secure me a promotion within 4 months of my hire.
I have enjoyed my time at the Yellow Pages Group, and I know that the skills and knowledge which I have acquired there will only lead me to success for my next opportunity.
Great Company
Director Distribution (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 3, 2012
Awesome place to be, great management team and very interactive. All high performing people.
A very collaborative place to work
Great Products
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OntarioAugust 28, 2012
Great Products and Customer's. Fantastic online courses about Mobile, SEM, SEO and Social Media.
Pros
home office
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  BarrieAugust 10, 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor
Fun and challenging environment
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 26, 2012
Yellow Pages Group is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. YPG brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties.
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
Good in general
Spring developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
It was a good company, but it had a hard time mid-2015. There are interesting projects, benefits are good in general for developers and they are well considered in general.
Environnement agréable
Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2014
En général travailler chez GPJ c'est une belle expérience, mais avec la transformation de l'entreprise malheureusement il n'y a pas beaucoup de stabilité.