Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Great and flexible hours
Learn time mgmt skills
mgmt is lacking
creating value with the product is difficult
get to meet and work with many different verticals of business
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Change mgmt
Terrible place to work, $18,000 a year base, forget it
Sales (Former Employee) –  VancouverJuly 25, 2013
I worked her and it was awful. Managers are awful. You have to make $6000 and then you do not get it till you leave YPG.
Pros
Cafeteria in building
Cons
Different computer systems can drive a person crazy
Overall work day is working in a high-volume, in-demand needs for the business
Production Support Analyst/Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 17, 2012
My Review is that the organization needs to engage more in current technology.
This company is currently going through a major restructuring of its platform and the way in which it delivers its services to their clients.
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth , NSAugust 24, 2013
At YP, your job as a media sales consultant has many repetitive tasks as far as submitting the final sale in our system, how we log our daily activities and all the clerical duties we are required to perform.It makes up over 30% of our day. The clients we meet and talk to make what is ever changing in this environment. Challenges change and then business goals are then adjusted to meet those goals. We consult our clients on how they can accomplish their sales and marketing goals through directive and creative forms of advertising. We are constantly being educated on our products and services and more importantly on how these products will benefit our clients - through print, yp.ca and via search engines. My co-workers are great. The seasoned crew has learned the value of team work.
The hardest part of the job is the demand for perfection from both management and our clients. The best part is the flexibility to manage your accounts and book appointments.
A fun workplace where company values are demonstrated and applied everyday
Payroll Specialist / HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2012
Working for the Yellow Pages Group has allowed me to grow professionally and expand my knowledge in the Human Resources field.
My work specifically comprised of handling everything from payroll, compensation, benefits and all things related to HR for our US offices in Indiana and Pennsylvania. Yellow Pages even paid for my courses to better prepare me for my job in regards to all the US rules and regulations with HR and Payroll.
Our management team was also excellent because they had 6 months and yearly evaluations with their teams. This allowed individuals to express their work and any issues they were having or areas which needed improvement.
I truly enjoyed the one on one time I had with my management team because it allowed me to show my comprehension and offer my opinion which later secure me a promotion within 4 months of my hire.
I have enjoyed my time at the Yellow Pages Group, and I know that the skills and knowledge which I have acquired there will only lead me to success for my next opportunity.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ile des Soeurs, QcAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work. Awesome people! Excellent location and easy access to public transportation. Close to Champlain bridge and downtown.
Fun place to work
Editor / Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
The company had a good organizational culture.

I had the opportunity to contribute to a women's online article by writing content.
na
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 14, 2014
it was a professional working environment. However there seems to be no improvement for career advancement.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
low career advancement
Review:
Data entry specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Very up beat enviroment. Very enjoyable to go to work.Co-workers were very pleasant and inviting.
Pros
Day shifts/no weekends
Cons
No cons in this job.
Great Company
Director Distribution (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 3, 2012
Awesome place to be, great management team and very interactive. All high performing people.
A very collaborative place to work
Great Products
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OntarioAugust 28, 2012
Great Products and Customer's. Fantastic online courses about Mobile, SEM, SEO and Social Media.
Pros
home office
Cons
Flexible, casual work environment.
Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  BurnabyJanuary 15, 2014
Flexible schedule, varied start times. Casual dress code makes a relaxed work environment.
A great work experience
DataStage Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
I was lucky to work with a great team of co-workers. Working with XML files to feed YP.CA website
Amazing work culture
Consumer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2012
It's a great location with an amazing work culture, benefits are really good as well.
great company
sales representative (Former Employee) –  montrealAugust 21, 2014
great company
great advatages
flexible schedule
possibility of advancement
High pressure atmosphere with good incentives to excel
MEDIA CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
I am very impressed with the training program at YPG. I have been on a continual learning curve from the day I started the 5 week training program.There is something to learn each day and each day brings new challenges to learn and expand one's sales experience, organization skills, customer service skills, conflict management and much more. It is an environment that is fast paced and requires efficient and organized planning. The management team are continually looking for ways to help hone the skills of the sales reps both in a team setting and individually. The sales floor is full of ambitious people and although there is a great deal of competitiveness there is always someone that will pitch in if you need help. The hardest part of the job is handling people who don't understand the changes that YP has gone through to become one of the Nation's strongest media companies. Digital is the way to go and trying to change the image of print advertising in the minds of the general public/business people has been more of a challenge than I expected. Customers have been more closed minded than I expected. There are 2 parts of the job that I enjoy equally, working with the customers and finding a program that works optimally for them & interacting with my co-workers.
Very challenging, rewarding, and overall a wonderful learning experience
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2013
If I were not a single mother, I would have loved this job for the rest of my career. Unfortunately the assignment and hours needed to invest were more than I could juggle.

As it was outside sales, I was responsible to work from home, which was ideal, as 2 days a week were allotted to administration, and 3 days were on the road meeting with clients.

I learned that I am capable of maintaining a very corporate and professional countenance, as I am generally very laid-back and personable. I learned more about advertising and the internet than I ever knew was out there, and I learned that I can push myself to new heights and achieve anything I try at.

My co-workers were like family. I am still in constant contact with many of them in my personal life. I learned a lot and our team was very strong and helped each other constantly.

My managers were amazing and were truly there to help. I can't say enough good things about them.

The hardest part of my job was being away from my children, which proved to be too much. I handled the hour+ daily commute well and enjoyed the many challenges the job presented.

The part of the job I enjoyed the most was the actual face-to-face time with the clients, and presenting the proposals. I researched each business and designed marketing campaigns specifically for them, to improve their ROI and bring the best qualified leads possible. I absolutely loved going over analytics and finding new ways to improve their ROI.
Pros
Company laptop, iPhone, internet & phone, mileage & benefits
Cons
Long hours (I was working over 60 hours a week)
Good in general
Spring developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
It was a good company, but it had a hard time mid-2015. There are interesting projects, benefits are good in general for developers and they are well considered in general.
Environnement agréable
Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2014
En général travailler chez GPJ c'est une belle expérience, mais avec la transformation de l'entreprise malheureusement il n'y a pas beaucoup de stabilité.