Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

fun work environment, great atmosphere, productive
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 September 2015
Great company culture with amazing earning potential. Company offers amazing sales incentives. Fosters good relationships between coworkers with various team building activities outside of the office.
High pressure atmosphere with good incentives to excel
MEDIA CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2014
I am very impressed with the training program at YPG. I have been on a continual learning curve from the day I started the 5 week training program.There is something to learn each day and each day brings new challenges to learn and expand one's sales experience, organization skills, customer service skills, conflict management and much more. It is an environment that is fast paced and requires efficient and organized planning. The management team are continually looking for ways to help hone the skills of the sales reps both in a team setting and individually. The sales floor is full of ambitious people and although there is a great deal of competitiveness there is always someone that will pitch in if you need help. The hardest part of the job is handling people who don't understand the changes that YP has gone through to become one of the Nation's strongest media companies. Digital is the way to go and trying to change the image of print advertising in the minds of the general public/business people has been more of a challenge than I expected. Customers have been more closed minded than I expected. There are 2 parts of the job that I enjoy equally, working with the customers and finding a program that works optimally for them & interacting with my co-workers.
Meet Great People and Clients
Media Account Consultant - Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 November 2015
Wonderful Company, meet great clients. Work from Home. Head office in Scarborough. I enjoy working at Yellow Pages. Its a great company, with great products, solutions and people
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 October 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making money.
A dying industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 February 2015
Yellow Pages has tried to get into the digital world, but they have bumbled their way to it, many younger companies are eating their lunch.

The money has potential but you must work long hours to get it. The work life balance is very off.
Pros
potential to make money
Cons
no work life balance.
Fun workplace
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  QC27 August 2014
Amazing people!!!

A production clerk must have the following: the ability to quickly learn new systems and applications. Ability to utilize system resources, such as, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet and to also handle large volume of activity. We work with various levels of the management team to coordinate and lead lead assignment.
Pros
Cafeteria access
Cons
N/A
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario27 April 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
Excellent team environment
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 October 2015
YP fosters your ability to generate ideas and ways of making your job better for the employee and clients. Great place to grow and develop your skill set.
A productive company with great benefits.
Listing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BC27 March 2014
Yellow Pages Group is a great company to work for with great benefts including healthcare, vacation time and flexible working hours in some areas. My daily activities will include problem solving, training and support for the Listings team. We have a very supportive team that will pitch in to help out wherever they are needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to support and help others.
Great hours, little management
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary30 November 2014
You have very little support to help you with your job. Co-workers are great, but management is relatively unhelpful.
Pros
Work rarely extends past typical work hours
Cons
You are greatly mislead as to how "easy" making sales will be
na
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 March 2014
it was a professional working environment. However there seems to be no improvement for career advancement.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
low career advancement
Great Products
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario28 August 2012
Great Products and Customer's. Fantastic online courses about Mobile, SEM, SEO and Social Media.
Pros
home office
great company
sales representative (Former Employee) –  montreal21 August 2014
great company
great advatages
flexible schedule
possibility of advancement
Fun place to work
Editor / Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2014
The company had a good organizational culture.

I had the opportunity to contribute to a women's online article by writing content.
good team
Sr. TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 April 2015
the IS-IT teams and members have good collaboration across the their fields of expertise. Progressive and innovative in technology.
Business to Business Sales
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2015
- Business to Business Sales
- Cold Calling
- Consulting
- Great Environment to work in
- Fun Place to work at
- Great Co workers
Pros
Commision
Cons
Cold Calling
Overall work day is working in a high-volume, in-demand needs for the business
Production Support Analyst/Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA17 December 2012
My Review is that the organization needs to engage more in current technology.
Fun and challenging environment
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary26 July 2012
Yellow Pages Group is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. YPG brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties.
Terrible place to work, $18,000 a year base, forget it
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver25 July 2013
I worked her and it was awful. Managers are awful. You have to make $6000 and then you do not get it till you leave YPG.
Pros
Cafeteria in building
Cons
Different computer systems can drive a person crazy
A place in transformation
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2014
Great and flexible hours
Learn time mgmt skills
mgmt is lacking
creating value with the product is difficult
get to meet and work with many different verticals of business
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Change mgmt

2.9