Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Great culture, competitive, great place to learn
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Yellow Pages and would recommend it to anyone looking to get a great start in their sales career. Great management and tools in place for you to succeed.
Pay was good but no work/life balance
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 July 2015
Pay was good but no work/life balance. Coworkers were great. Lots of change from print to online. Work from home so lots of flexability. benifits were good.
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance
Good environment
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  325 Milner Ave18 May 2016
Work from my home office and enjoy travelling to meet clients on a daily basis.
Clients can be difficult at times but its about providing an optimal solution for their advertising needs
Pros
home office
Cons
Very long hours
Customer Focused - fast paced and challenging environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC V3W3E320 August 2014
daily claim resolution as well as escalations from call center representative on difficult calls
provide coaching and training to all agents on the floor
reporting daily to the managers on areas of improvement on processes
enjoyed working in a fast paced and challenging environment
Benefits
Customer Experience Manager (Retention) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 July 2016
I have no reason to state anything in this field. So here is your 20 word minimum so I can move on. I hope you are happy with this.
Horrible Bosses
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2016
The most unqualified management team I've come across in my 16 years in the corporate world. There's a lot of of favouritism, lack of training and ridiculous unqualified leads.
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
unprofessionalism
A place you could retire from
Client Relations Representative/Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 May 2016
The knowledge and information sharing at the Yellow Pages has not been surpassed by any other employer. The staff was involved and attentive. The range of opportunities allowed you to go anywhere in the company and I believed in the product.
Positive, employee friendly, work place, with lots of opportunity for advancement
Senior Graphic Consultang (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 May 2016
A progressive company that for the most part, was employee friendly, which gives you a chance to learn and grow, with the proper support available, to help you succeed with in the corporation.
Great company to work for
DEDICATED ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 September 2013
Very good employment opportunities and benefits, flex schedules at some departments, spacious office, gym, free fitness classes everyday.
Pros
Online learning Portal with lots of courses, shuttle from Skytrain.
Cons
non compete clause
Very challenging, rewarding, and overall a wonderful learning experience
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2013
If I were not a single mother, I would have loved this job for the rest of my career. Unfortunately the assignment and hours needed to invest were more than I could juggle.

As it was outside sales, I was responsible to work from home, which was ideal, as 2 days a week were allotted to administration, and 3 days were on the road meeting with clients.

I learned that I am capable of maintaining a very corporate and professional countenance, as I am generally very laid-back and personable. I learned more about advertising and the internet than I ever knew was out there, and I learned that I can push myself to new heights and achieve anything I try at.

My co-workers were like family. I am still in constant contact with many of them in my personal life. I learned a lot and our team was very strong and helped each other constantly.

My managers were amazing and were truly there to help. I can't say enough good things about them.

The hardest part of my job was being away from my children, which proved to be too much. I handled the hour+ daily commute well and enjoyed the many challenges the job presented.

The part of the job I enjoyed the most was the actual face-to-face time with the clients, and presenting the proposals. I researched each business and designed marketing campaigns specifically for them, to improve their ROI and bring the best qualified leads possible. I absolutely loved going over analytics and finding new ways to improve their ROI.
Pros
Company laptop, iPhone, internet & phone, mileage & benefits
Cons
Long hours (I was working over 60 hours a week)
Amazing work culture
Consumer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2012
It's a great location with an amazing work culture, benefits are really good as well.
Large Business
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 February 2016
Very enriching job that can present optimum opportunity to make money if you are a person of integrity when dealing with their clients. Based on the integrity and honesty of the individual sales rep, some solutions are highly effective for marketing business.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Steady Employment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  scarborough21 September 2014
Working from home, I set appointments and visit prospective clients on a daily/weekly schedule
Closing 2-3 deals weekly on average
The work atmosphere, culture and management is fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work from home
The hardest part of the job is the limitations we are put under and
no chance for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
zero advancement; little respect
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie10 August 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor
Changing with the times.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 July 2014
Company is committed to change and wants to become a Market Leader / On-line Power House in Canada.
Offer tremendous value to advertisers and constantly looking at acquiring partnerships to elevate performance + exposure for paying customers.
Employees work hard and are dedicated to the company.
Corporate culture has been a focal point and getting better over the last few years.
Pros
Committed to changes, always looking to improve business ROI for SMB`s.
Cons
Many moving parts, IT systems, Org. changes, Competitive pricing models.
Very Difficult Environment on East Coast
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 May 2015
The YP division in Atlantic Canada is the only one not Unionized, and I never thougth I'd be a Pro Union person especially in sales, but there is a need for the "checks and balances" they would provide where this company is concerned with respect to the way they treat their people. They manage by fear and be prepared to work 70+ hours a week. The management team is made up of hand picked individuals that will obey the rules from the director, their loyalty is to the director (and covering their rear ends), not their teams for the most part. Money can be decent, but the company has enormous fufillment issues that the reps have to deal with the mistakes and omissions with the customers, and the reps have nothing to do with the foul ups. Stay clear of this dying dinosaur, her best days are way behind her, just ask about their turnover rates, very high.
Listing Service Representative.
Bilingual Listings Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2015
"open-space office" is a 5'x5' cubicle.You repeat the same task ALL DAY, every day. Customer service is talking to entitled and taking abuse from rude sale rep from the company. Empty management "advancement" promises. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't lose their time with this.
Pros
none.
Cons
repetitive. toxic team work environment.
Good money, bad culture
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby15 September 2015
Anyone can easily make $80k a year or more here, even the laziest person can but people still leave in droves because the culture and management are just too stressful.
Pros
work from home, good pay
Cons
it's never good enough. if you hit 100% of target you get asked why you didn't get 110%
Best place to work
Billing Clerk and Comission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2014
I was able to work in various departments and learn new skill with each of them. The company gave us opportunities through their free courses to better our skills with our jobs. I was fortunate to have worked with other people work oriented like myself. Whenever I learned something useful or beneficial to my job/dept, I would share it or present it to my co-workers if it was something I knew would help them.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet all deadlines when things went wrong like system crashes or last minute advertising changes.

I really liked that I was able to move around in various departments from switchboard , to clerical for 21 years.
Pros
Company celebrations
Cons
Job security
very flexible
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 June 2014
Yellow Pages was very flexible where you were able to come to work between the hours of 6am - 9am as long as you worked an 8 hour day. I was the escalations specialist and constantly had new situations arise that I would have to find the best outcome for the customer and the company simultaneously. Management figures fluctuated continuously and it was difficult to find a working relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was constant changes within the company, annual layoffs, management changes and department shutdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I got to work with and the satisfaction when amicable solutions were reached with escalations.
Pros
the option of compressed work week schedule and access to multiple gyms
Cons
the constant company transitions

2.9