Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

One of the best companies to work for in Montreal
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2015
they've moved past their print directory legacy and are forging a strong presence in the digital world. Lots of interesting and fun projects!
A dying industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 3, 2015
Yellow Pages has tried to get into the digital world, but they have bumbled their way to it, many younger companies are eating their lunch.

The money has potential but you must work long hours to get it. The work life balance is very off.
Pros
potential to make money
Cons
no work life balance.
Good salary potential, lots of pressure and deadlines. Lots of "challenges and opportunities"
MAC (Current Employee) –  inside officeJanuary 22, 2015
Good benefits, possible good wages. Base salary is barely minimum wage. Regular culling of mediocre achievers. Regular training classes to replace YOu. Be prepared for lots of constant pressure from management. Far too much admin work as the entire admin department has been laid off. It's a call centre. Becoming micro managed. Has extreme ups and downs. Good if you want to make a quick buck. Not such a good outlook for the long term as many departments have been/are being shut down. I've never worked at a company where so many staff have been off on disability. The different offices across the country have very different outlooks. You might like one. Another might be closed a month after you are hired. (You won't be given any notice). Very limited advancement opportunities. The best thing (and probably the most important) is that most of the people are great. I'd say go for it if you think you're up for it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The job takes its toll, insecure position
Great hours, little management
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 30, 2014
You have very little support to help you with your job. Co-workers are great, but management is relatively unhelpful.
Pros
Work rarely extends past typical work hours
Cons
You are greatly mislead as to how "easy" making sales will be
Steady Employment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  scarboroughSeptember 21, 2014
Working from home, I set appointments and visit prospective clients on a daily/weekly schedule
Closing 2-3 deals weekly on average
The work atmosphere, culture and management is fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work from home
The hardest part of the job is the limitations we are put under and
no chance for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
zero advancement; little respect
Fun workplace
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  QCAugust 27, 2014
Amazing people!!!

A production clerk must have the following: the ability to quickly learn new systems and applications. Ability to utilize system resources, such as, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet and to also handle large volume of activity. We work with various levels of the management team to coordinate and lead lead assignment.
Pros
Cafeteria access
Cons
N/A
great company
sales representative (Former Employee) –  montrealAugust 21, 2014
great company
great advatages
flexible schedule
possibility of advancement
Customer Focused - fast paced and challenging environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC V3W3E3August 20, 2014
daily claim resolution as well as escalations from call center representative on difficult calls
provide coaching and training to all agents on the floor
reporting daily to the managers on areas of improvement on processes
enjoyed working in a fast paced and challenging environment
Benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ile des Soeurs, QcAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work. Awesome people! Excellent location and easy access to public transportation. Close to Champlain bridge and downtown.
Fun place to work
Editor / Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
The company had a good organizational culture.

I had the opportunity to contribute to a women's online article by writing content.
Changing with the times.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 2, 2014
Company is committed to change and wants to become a Market Leader / On-line Power House in Canada.
Offer tremendous value to advertisers and constantly looking at acquiring partnerships to elevate performance + exposure for paying customers.
Employees work hard and are dedicated to the company.
Corporate culture has been a focal point and getting better over the last few years.
Pros
Committed to changes, always looking to improve business ROI for SMB`s.
Cons
Many moving parts, IT systems, Org. changes, Competitive pricing models.
very flexible
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 22, 2014
Yellow Pages was very flexible where you were able to come to work between the hours of 6am - 9am as long as you worked an 8 hour day. I was the escalations specialist and constantly had new situations arise that I would have to find the best outcome for the customer and the company simultaneously. Management figures fluctuated continuously and it was difficult to find a working relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was constant changes within the company, annual layoffs, management changes and department shutdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I got to work with and the satisfaction when amicable solutions were reached with escalations.
Pros
the option of compressed work week schedule and access to multiple gyms
Cons
the constant company transitions
Best place to work
Billing Clerk and Comission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 21, 2014
I was able to work in various departments and learn new skill with each of them. The company gave us opportunities through their free courses to better our skills with our jobs. I was fortunate to have worked with other people work oriented like myself. Whenever I learned something useful or beneficial to my job/dept, I would share it or present it to my co-workers if it was something I knew would help them.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet all deadlines when things went wrong like system crashes or last minute advertising changes.

I really liked that I was able to move around in various departments from switchboard , to clerical for 21 years.
Pros
Company celebrations
Cons
Job security
High pressure atmosphere with good incentives to excel
MEDIA CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
I am very impressed with the training program at YPG. I have been on a continual learning curve from the day I started the 5 week training program.There is something to learn each day and each day brings new challenges to learn and expand one's sales experience, organization skills, customer service skills, conflict management and much more. It is an environment that is fast paced and requires efficient and organized planning. The management team are continually looking for ways to help hone the skills of the sales reps both in a team setting and individually. The sales floor is full of ambitious people and although there is a great deal of competitiveness there is always someone that will pitch in if you need help. The hardest part of the job is handling people who don't understand the changes that YP has gone through to become one of the Nation's strongest media companies. Digital is the way to go and trying to change the image of print advertising in the minds of the general public/business people has been more of a challenge than I expected. Customers have been more closed minded than I expected. There are 2 parts of the job that I enjoy equally, working with the customers and finding a program that works optimally for them & interacting with my co-workers.
A productive company with great benefits.
Listing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BCMarch 27, 2014
Yellow Pages Group is a great company to work for with great benefts including healthcare, vacation time and flexible working hours in some areas. My daily activities will include problem solving, training and support for the Listings team. We have a very supportive team that will pitch in to help out wherever they are needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to support and help others.
na
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 14, 2014
it was a professional working environment. However there seems to be no improvement for career advancement.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
low career advancement
A great work experience
DataStage Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
I was lucky to work with a great team of co-workers. Working with XML files to feed YP.CA website
Flexible, casual work environment.
Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  BurnabyJanuary 15, 2014
Flexible schedule, varied start times. Casual dress code makes a relaxed work environment.
A place in transformation
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Great and flexible hours
Learn time mgmt skills
mgmt is lacking
creating value with the product is difficult
get to meet and work with many different verticals of business
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Change mgmt
Review:
Data entry specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Very up beat enviroment. Very enjoyable to go to work.Co-workers were very pleasant and inviting.
Pros
Day shifts/no weekends
Cons
No cons in this job.

2.8