Yellow Pages Employee Reviews in Canada

Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines
There was never any pressure.Only requested to have so many ads put in the system in a run of the day.
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John n.bOctober 2, 2012
Each day going to work was exciting for me. Management was great! My co-workers were really nice people.Very east to get along with.The hardest part of the job was understanding what different options that need to be added to a specific request customer wanted.At times that was a challenge. The whole day going into work was the most enjoyablw with all honesty.Very bright and happy place to be.
Pros
for great attendance and you would receive free 15 mins breaks at the end of the month.
Cons
trying to figure out ads(prints)that customers requested.
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  BarrieAugust 10, 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making money.
very flexible
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 22, 2014
Yellow Pages was very flexible where you were able to come to work between the hours of 6am - 9am as long as you worked an 8 hour day. I was the escalations specialist and constantly had new situations arise that I would have to find the best outcome for the customer and the company simultaneously. Management figures fluctuated continuously and it was difficult to find a working relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was constant changes within the company, annual layoffs, management changes and department shutdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I got to work with and the satisfaction when amicable solutions were reached with escalations.
Pros
the option of compressed work week schedule and access to multiple gyms
Cons
the constant company transitions
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
Business to Business Sales
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
- Business to Business Sales
- Cold Calling
- Consulting
- Great Environment to work in
- Fun Place to work at
- Great Co workers
Pros
Commision
Cons
Cold Calling
YP had seen better times
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  BurnabyFebruary 9, 2013
Very long hours, pay was ok. My channel was dissolved, was not happy with the new role of handling all the cancellations in new role.
Mgmt was so-so. However their training was second to none.
YP's CRM system was a joke, hopefully it was upgraded because it was a nightmare to navigate and the biggest time waster.
Pros
ongoing training, home offices, benefits, autonomy
Cons
long hours, crm, mgmt
Good salary potential, lots of pressure and deadlines. Lots of "challenges and opportunities"
MAC (Current Employee) –  inside officeJanuary 22, 2015
Good benefits, possible good wages. Base salary is barely minimum wage. Regular culling of mediocre achievers. Regular training classes to replace YOu. Be prepared for lots of constant pressure from management. Far too much admin work as the entire admin department has been laid off. It's a call centre. Becoming micro managed. Has extreme ups and downs. Good if you want to make a quick buck. Not such a good outlook for the long term as many departments have been/are being shut down. I've never worked at a company where so many staff have been off on disability. The different offices across the country have very different outlooks. You might like one. Another might be closed a month after you are hired. (You won't be given any notice). Very limited advancement opportunities. The best thing (and probably the most important) is that most of the people are great. I'd say go for it if you think you're up for it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The job takes its toll, insecure position
Great hours, little management
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 30, 2014
You have very little support to help you with your job. Co-workers are great, but management is relatively unhelpful.
Pros
Work rarely extends past typical work hours
Cons
You are greatly mislead as to how "easy" making sales will be
good team
Sr. TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2015
the IS-IT teams and members have good collaboration across the their fields of expertise. Progressive and innovative in technology.
One of the best companies to work for in Montreal
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2015
they've moved past their print directory legacy and are forging a strong presence in the digital world. Lots of interesting and fun projects!
Great company to work for
DEDICATED ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 6, 2013
Very good employment opportunities and benefits, flex schedules at some departments, spacious office, gym, free fitness classes everyday.
Pros
Online learning Portal with lots of courses, shuttle from Skytrain.
Cons
non compete clause
Fun and challenging environment
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 26, 2012
Yellow Pages Group is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. YPG brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties.
A place in transformation
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Great and flexible hours
Learn time mgmt skills
mgmt is lacking
creating value with the product is difficult
get to meet and work with many different verticals of business
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Change mgmt
Terrible place to work, $18,000 a year base, forget it
Sales (Former Employee) –  VancouverJuly 25, 2013
I worked her and it was awful. Managers are awful. You have to make $6000 and then you do not get it till you leave YPG.
Pros
Cafeteria in building
Cons
Different computer systems can drive a person crazy
Overall work day is working in a high-volume, in-demand needs for the business
Production Support Analyst/Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 17, 2012
My Review is that the organization needs to engage more in current technology.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ile des Soeurs, QcAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work. Awesome people! Excellent location and easy access to public transportation. Close to Champlain bridge and downtown.
Fun place to work
Editor / Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
The company had a good organizational culture.

I had the opportunity to contribute to a women's online article by writing content.
This company is currently going through a major restructuring of its platform and the way in which it delivers its services to their clients.
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth , NSAugust 24, 2013
At YP, your job as a media sales consultant has many repetitive tasks as far as submitting the final sale in our system, how we log our daily activities and all the clerical duties we are required to perform.It makes up over 30% of our day. The clients we meet and talk to make what is ever changing in this environment. Challenges change and then business goals are then adjusted to meet those goals. We consult our clients on how they can accomplish their sales and marketing goals through directive and creative forms of advertising. We are constantly being educated on our products and services and more importantly on how these products will benefit our clients - through print, yp.ca and via search engines. My co-workers are great. The seasoned crew has learned the value of team work.
The hardest part of the job is the demand for perfection from both management and our clients. The best part is the flexibility to manage your accounts and book appointments.

2.9