Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Meet Great People and Clients
Media Account Consultant - Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 November 2015
Wonderful Company, meet great clients. Work from Home. Head office in Scarborough. I enjoy working at Yellow Pages. Its a great company, with great products, solutions and people
Energetic atmosphere
Outside Sales Acquisition (Current Employee) –  st johns nl25 August 2015
Productive company with good support.

-excellent co-workers
-good training
-benefits
-competitive wages
-provides a good life/work balance
-attainable targets
-excellent products
-good customer feedback

Learned a lot from the people that had been there for years.
Listing Service Representative.
Bilingual Listings Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2015
"open-space office" is a 5'x5' cubicle.You repeat the same task ALL DAY, every day. Customer service is talking to entitled and taking abuse from rude sale rep from the company. Empty management "advancement" promises. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't lose their time with this.
Pros
none.
Cons
repetitive. toxic team work environment.
fun work environment, great atmosphere, productive
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 September 2015
Great company culture with amazing earning potential. Company offers amazing sales incentives. Fosters good relationships between coworkers with various team building activities outside of the office.
Very Difficult Environment on East Coast
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 May 2015
The YP division in Atlantic Canada is the only one not Unionized, and I never thougth I'd be a Pro Union person especially in sales, but there is a need for the "checks and balances" they would provide where this company is concerned with respect to the way they treat their people. They manage by fear and be prepared to work 70+ hours a week. The management team is made up of hand picked individuals that will obey the rules from the director, their loyalty is to the director (and covering their rear ends), not their teams for the most part. Money can be decent, but the company has enormous fufillment issues that the reps have to deal with the mistakes and omissions with the customers, and the reps have nothing to do with the foul ups. Stay clear of this dying dinosaur, her best days are way behind her, just ask about their turnover rates, very high.
Changing with the times.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 July 2014
Company is committed to change and wants to become a Market Leader / On-line Power House in Canada.
Offer tremendous value to advertisers and constantly looking at acquiring partnerships to elevate performance + exposure for paying customers.
Employees work hard and are dedicated to the company.
Corporate culture has been a focal point and getting better over the last few years.
Pros
Committed to changes, always looking to improve business ROI for SMB`s.
Cons
Many moving parts, IT systems, Org. changes, Competitive pricing models.
Best place to work
Billing Clerk and Comission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2014
I was able to work in various departments and learn new skill with each of them. The company gave us opportunities through their free courses to better our skills with our jobs. I was fortunate to have worked with other people work oriented like myself. Whenever I learned something useful or beneficial to my job/dept, I would share it or present it to my co-workers if it was something I knew would help them.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet all deadlines when things went wrong like system crashes or last minute advertising changes.

I really liked that I was able to move around in various departments from switchboard , to clerical for 21 years.
Pros
Company celebrations
Cons
Job security
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario27 April 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
There was never any pressure.Only requested to have so many ads put in the system in a run of the day.
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John n.b2 October 2012
Each day going to work was exciting for me. Management was great! My co-workers were really nice people.Very east to get along with.The hardest part of the job was understanding what different options that need to be added to a specific request customer wanted.At times that was a challenge. The whole day going into work was the most enjoyablw with all honesty.Very bright and happy place to be.
Pros
for great attendance and you would receive free 15 mins breaks at the end of the month.
Cons
trying to figure out ads(prints)that customers requested.
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie10 August 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor
A productive company with great benefits.
Listing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BC27 March 2014
Yellow Pages Group is a great company to work for with great benefts including healthcare, vacation time and flexible working hours in some areas. My daily activities will include problem solving, training and support for the Listings team. We have a very supportive team that will pitch in to help out wherever they are needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to support and help others.
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 October 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making money.
Steady Employment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  scarborough21 September 2014
Working from home, I set appointments and visit prospective clients on a daily/weekly schedule
Closing 2-3 deals weekly on average
The work atmosphere, culture and management is fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work from home
The hardest part of the job is the limitations we are put under and
no chance for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
zero advancement; little respect
Fun workplace
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  QC27 August 2014
Amazing people!!!

A production clerk must have the following: the ability to quickly learn new systems and applications. Ability to utilize system resources, such as, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet and to also handle large volume of activity. We work with various levels of the management team to coordinate and lead lead assignment.
Pros
Cafeteria access
Cons
N/A
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2012
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
YP had seen better times
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby9 February 2013
Very long hours, pay was ok. My channel was dissolved, was not happy with the new role of handling all the cancellations in new role.
Mgmt was so-so. However their training was second to none.
YP's CRM system was a joke, hopefully it was upgraded because it was a nightmare to navigate and the biggest time waster.
Pros
ongoing training, home offices, benefits, autonomy
Cons
long hours, crm, mgmt
Excellent team environment
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 October 2015
YP fosters your ability to generate ideas and ways of making your job better for the employee and clients. Great place to grow and develop your skill set.
Customer Focused - fast paced and challenging environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC V3W3E320 August 2014
daily claim resolution as well as escalations from call center representative on difficult calls
provide coaching and training to all agents on the floor
reporting daily to the managers on areas of improvement on processes
enjoyed working in a fast paced and challenging environment
Benefits
very flexible
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 June 2014
Yellow Pages was very flexible where you were able to come to work between the hours of 6am - 9am as long as you worked an 8 hour day. I was the escalations specialist and constantly had new situations arise that I would have to find the best outcome for the customer and the company simultaneously. Management figures fluctuated continuously and it was difficult to find a working relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was constant changes within the company, annual layoffs, management changes and department shutdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I got to work with and the satisfaction when amicable solutions were reached with escalations.
Pros
the option of compressed work week schedule and access to multiple gyms
Cons
the constant company transitions
A dying industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 February 2015
Yellow Pages has tried to get into the digital world, but they have bumbled their way to it, many younger companies are eating their lunch.

The money has potential but you must work long hours to get it. The work life balance is very off.
Pros
potential to make money
Cons
no work life balance.

2.8