Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

A day in the life of me
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yellow Pages14 May 2016
My day always begins with good morning and a smile to my team and ends with good night...and a smile to the team! As a leader, it is important for me to set the right tone with my employees at the start and end of the day. Being positive and upbeat is a part of my nature and always being sure to set the right example every minute of the day. 80% of my day is spent supporting my team and 20% of admin and reports.

I learned to value each employee as being truly unique and genuinely want to do a good job.

Management to me is leadership.

My co-workers are my left and right hands.

The hardest part of my job is working with employees who have no desire and see the glass as 'half empty'. I this as a challenge to find the magic key that unlocks their inner potential and turns them around.

The best part of my job is my employees for I genuinely want to see them succeed.If I do my job well, they will be happy and that will lead to good results and ultimately...their success!
Pros
Working with people with diverse experiences across all cultures
Great Global focus on quality and productivity
Search Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2016
Depending on the amount of work, the schedule is flexible within reason and there is always work to be done.

Developed greatly my customer approach on the phone and great understanding of SEM products and data analysis.

Depending on your immediate supervisors, work atmosphere is relax and focused on reaching long and short term objectives.

New waves of employees are younger as well as more and more knowledgeable on PPC, SEO & Social Media services. The company foster in-team cooperation which enables fast personal growth and a great learning environment.

The hardest part of the job would be to relentlessly answer/manage internal communication which are often unnecessary to our individual work and portfolio of accounts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having meaningful conversations with clients actively invested in their product with us. When they correctly inform us is when we thrive to our work.
Pros
Great advantages and base salary
Cons
Complex internal communications
Great culture, competitive, great place to learn
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Yellow Pages and would recommend it to anyone looking to get a great start in their sales career. Great management and tools in place for you to succeed.
If you enjoy office politics and negative atmosphere...
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 March 2016
There is little leadership from upper management and most Sr. Executives lack the qualifications to be in their roles. The company is desperately trying to become 'digital' to remain relevant but simply aren't succeeding.

They pay well, but that is simply the only reason most people stay. The culture, especially in Burnaby, is about as exciting and engaging as a funeral.

The physical environment is dull grey and badly outdated. They really need to move to more modern surroundings. God forbid that there is any laughter, music or noise!

Last year they installed televisions throughout the building, but they only show YP propaganda. They spent money to create employee 'lounge' areas where people could socialize, then turned them into quiet spaces where no talking is allowed. They just empty.

The managers there simply don't have a clue!
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lifeless corporate environment in a dying company
Large Business
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 February 2016
Very enriching job that can present optimum opportunity to make money if you are a person of integrity when dealing with their clients. Based on the integrity and honesty of the individual sales rep, some solutions are highly effective for marketing business.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Good Company to work for
Certified Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2016
Good Company to work for. Very demanding job and be prepared to work into the evening. This is not a nine to five job.

You will learn quite a bit about SEM, SEO, Social Media and it`s impact to todays advertisers. Training is second to none.
Productive, friendly and fun workplace
Workflow Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 December 2015
I have worked at this company for 18 years and loved every minute of it. It's like having a second family and I looked forward to going to work every morning. I have learned various positions over the years and the hours were great. My co-workers were awesome to work with.
Great Company to work for as they are on the leading edge of digital techology
Senior Sales Manager,Diamond Channel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2015
A great place to learn valuable skills as you advance . It has become a more collaborative culture as it transforms from print to digital
Meet Great People and Clients
Media Account Consultant - Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 November 2015
Wonderful Company, meet great clients. Work from Home. Head office in Scarborough. I enjoy working at Yellow Pages. Its a great company, with great products, solutions and people
Fun workplace with innovative ways to work as a team
Quality Assurance Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
Overall it is a very good company to work with.
Team leaders are very skilled and nice. Loved to work in the company.
But there is no job security. Management is not so good
Pros
Good salary, good holiday package, latest technologies and tool platform
Cons
no job security
Struggling to remain relevant in the digital world
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 October 2015
PROS:
Great people to work with, good benefits and compensation. I was also lucky to have had a good manager.
CONS:
Zero job security due to declining print revenues and overall precarious financial health of the company. Many layoffs as a result, including another round last month. Company cannot grow organically so it has to rely on acquisitions and aforementioned layoffs to meet quarterly financial targets. Senior management hopes to "return the growth" (their current mantra) by 2018. Problem is, 3 years is an eternity in the digital space and the company competes against far more nimble and entrepreneurial competitors.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, great people
Cons
Lack of long-term strategic focus, outdated archaic systems, no job security.
Excellent team environment
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 October 2015
YP fosters your ability to generate ideas and ways of making your job better for the employee and clients. Great place to grow and develop your skill set.
Good money, bad culture
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby15 September 2015
Anyone can easily make $80k a year or more here, even the laziest person can but people still leave in droves because the culture and management are just too stressful.
Pros
work from home, good pay
Cons
it's never good enough. if you hit 100% of target you get asked why you didn't get 110%
Good place to work if you are great with cold calling
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC14 September 2015
Great benefits, good work environment and stable work life.
If you are able to sell without too much concern on what you are selling than you would do well here.The learning curve is steep and always changing. If you are comfortable in constantly learning to technologies and systems you will do fine.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
cold calling
fun work environment, great atmosphere, productive
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 September 2015
Great company culture with amazing earning potential. Company offers amazing sales incentives. Fosters good relationships between coworkers with various team building activities outside of the office.
Energetic atmosphere
Outside Sales Acquisition (Current Employee) –  st johns nl25 August 2015
Productive company with good support.

-excellent co-workers
-good training
-benefits
-competitive wages
-provides a good life/work balance
-attainable targets
-excellent products
-good customer feedback

Learned a lot from the people that had been there for years.
Organisational Transformation
Digital Fulfilment (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2015
In the modern days of internet, mobile devices, internet,Google, Yelp ... the Yellow Pages has finally initiated its digital transformation.
The requirements to promote the new products, new IT systems, platforms, ... are huge and demanding. The Teams are great and so willing to improve, make a difference, deliver better service but alas the company lacks the culture for it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a retrograde management culture
Pay was good but no work/life balance
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 July 2015
Pay was good but no work/life balance. Coworkers were great. Lots of change from print to online. Work from home so lots of flexability. benifits were good.
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance
Not the Ideal employer
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Canada23 June 2015
I applied as the job ad appeared very attractive but shortly after being hired I realized that all that was offered would never be delivered.
They are very pushy and require you to sell high priced products that many small business owner/operators do not need.
The products are very overpriced and the technical service is dismal at best. Customer service is nil
Manager are all push push and little back end support.
We had one manager who didn't even know the operating system.
The final kicker was that they call meeting with little or no notice and you have to drop everything and attend. Even if it means ignoring an appointment you have with a customer
Would not recommend this to anyone
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hour, no support
Listing Service Representative.
Bilingual Listings Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2015
"open-space office" is a 5'x5' cubicle.You repeat the same task ALL DAY, every day. Customer service is talking to entitled and taking abuse from rude sale rep from the company. Empty management "advancement" promises. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't lose their time with this.
Pros
none.
Cons
repetitive. toxic team work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9