Yellow Pages Employee Reviews in Canada

If you enjoy office politics and negative atmosphere...
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 15, 2016
There is little leadership from upper management and most Sr. Executives lack the qualifications to be in their roles. The company is desperately trying to become 'digital' to remain relevant but simply aren't succeeding.

They pay well, but that is simply the only reason most people stay. The culture, especially in Burnaby, is about as exciting and engaging as a funeral.

The physical environment is dull grey and badly outdated. They really need to move to more modern surroundings. God forbid that there is any laughter, music or noise!

Last year they installed televisions throughout the building, but they only show YP propaganda. They spent money to create employee 'lounge' areas where people could socialize, then turned them into quiet spaces where no talking is allowed. They just empty.

The managers there simply don't have a clue!
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lifeless corporate environment in a dying company
Struggling to remain relevant in the digital world
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 8, 2015
PROS:
Great people to work with, good benefits and compensation. I was also lucky to have had a good manager.
CONS:
Zero job security due to declining print revenues and overall precarious financial health of the company. Many layoffs as a result, including another round last month. Company cannot grow organically so it has to rely on acquisitions and aforementioned layoffs to meet quarterly financial targets. Senior management hopes to "return the growth" (their current mantra) by 2018. Problem is, 3 years is an eternity in the digital space and the company competes against far more nimble and entrepreneurial competitors.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, great people
Cons
Lack of long-term strategic focus, outdated archaic systems, no job security.
Fun workplace with innovative ways to work as a team
Quality Assurance Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
Overall it is a very good company to work with.
Team leaders are very skilled and nice. Loved to work in the company.
But there is no job security. Management is not so good
Pros
Good salary, good holiday package, latest technologies and tool platform
Cons
no job security
A day in the life of me
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yellow PagesMay 14, 2016
My day always begins with good morning and a smile to my team and ends with good night...and a smile to the team! As a leader, it is important for me to set the right tone with my employees at the start and end of the day. Being positive and upbeat is a part of my nature and always being sure to set the right example every minute of the day. 80% of my day is spent supporting my team and 20% of admin and reports.

I learned to value each employee as being truly unique and genuinely want to do a good job.

Management to me is leadership.

My co-workers are my left and right hands.

The hardest part of my job is working with employees who have no desire and see the glass as 'half empty'. I this as a challenge to find the magic key that unlocks their inner potential and turns them around.

The best part of my job is my employees for I genuinely want to see them succeed.If I do my job well, they will be happy and that will lead to good results and ultimately...their success!
Pros
Working with people with diverse experiences across all cultures
Great Global focus on quality and productivity
Search Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 3, 2016
Depending on the amount of work, the schedule is flexible within reason and there is always work to be done.

Developed greatly my customer approach on the phone and great understanding of SEM products and data analysis.

Depending on your immediate supervisors, work atmosphere is relax and focused on reaching long and short term objectives.

New waves of employees are younger as well as more and more knowledgeable on PPC, SEO & Social Media services. The company foster in-team cooperation which enables fast personal growth and a great learning environment.

The hardest part of the job would be to relentlessly answer/manage internal communication which are often unnecessary to our individual work and portfolio of accounts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having meaningful conversations with clients actively invested in their product with us. When they correctly inform us is when we thrive to our work.
Pros
Great advantages and base salary
Cons
Complex internal communications
Good Pay; extremly toxic work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 6, 2016
The politics in this place is outrageous.
Management does not listen and HR is virtually useless
Management does not have accountability
Disadvantaged if working in the Toronto office, Montreal employees have better employment opportunites
No job security; you can be laid off for unjust reasons
Most employees who had been in the company (10yrs
+) for a while are very egotistical
Not a team enviroment, it's who-can-be-blamed-for-failures -environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Leadership at Director Level
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
Horrible sales director with a self serving attitude she either likes you or your out. sales and results don't matter as the company would rather have you play dress up or dance like an idiot then make money. RELENTLESS amounts of cold calling to the same client some times multiple times a day. Do your self a favor and skip this place
Pros
clueless managers able to come and go
Cons
overbearing director very self serving
Large Business
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Very enriching job that can present optimum opportunity to make money if you are a person of integrity when dealing with their clients. Based on the integrity and honesty of the individual sales rep, some solutions are highly effective for marketing business.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
yellow pages
Certified Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 15, 2016
there isn't much of a work/life balance, but you will get paid extremely well. About 25% of sales representatives exceed their sales goals and they will make over $100K a year. You will receive a lot of training (expect to take 2-3 days off for training every month) as well as completing online courses in your free time and this can be very difficult to manage when you have a full 7 day a week work schedule.
Organisational Transformation
Digital Fulfilment (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2015
In the modern days of internet, mobile devices, internet,Google, Yelp ... the Yellow Pages has finally initiated its digital transformation.
The requirements to promote the new products, new IT systems, platforms, ... are huge and demanding. The Teams are great and so willing to improve, make a difference, deliver better service but alas the company lacks the culture for it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a retrograde management culture
Above average pay, and flexible work schedule
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2016
- Contracted IT Helpdesk support, I come in twice a week to support Sales and Editorial staff.

- Most flexible contract I've ever had, I can arrive anytime and have very little reporting to superiors.

- Enterprise policies are strict, so there isn't any wiggle room for creative implementations.
Pros
Great pay, awesome work environment
Cons
small amount of billable hours, little room for advancement
Good place to work if you are great with cold calling
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BCSeptember 14, 2015
Great benefits, good work environment and stable work life.
If you are able to sell without too much concern on what you are selling than you would do well here.The learning curve is steep and always changing. If you are comfortable in constantly learning to technologies and systems you will do fine.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
cold calling
Work Hard, Play Hard
Acquisition Prospect Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
I mean that, best work parties I've ever attended is here in this company. The benefits are incredible and you're unionized as well but probation is 1 long year. Would love to work at this company again if given the chance. Commissions are best I've ever seen as well.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
High turn over rate
Productive, interesting and fun.
Specialist Business & Listing Services (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 29, 2016
I loved working for the company. Great people to work with. I learned so much over the years, i.e. advertising, customer service, different systems, etc. Unfortunately, I had to resign from the company as we moved to another province.
Great place to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 21, 2016
Great place to work, competitive compensation, good benefits, excellent management, opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Cons
Non
A place you could retire from
Client Relations Representative/Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 27, 2016
The knowledge and information sharing at the Yellow Pages has not been surpassed by any other employer. The staff was involved and attentive. The range of opportunities allowed you to go anywhere in the company and I believed in the product.
No Job Security
Sales Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 22, 2016
I worked there for three years. I quickly learned there was no job security as people would be laid off/surplussed yearly from multiple departments. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
People are great to work with
Good money, bad culture
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  BurnabySeptember 15, 2015
Anyone can easily make $80k a year or more here, even the laziest person can but people still leave in droves because the culture and management are just too stressful.
Pros
work from home, good pay
Cons
it's never good enough. if you hit 100% of target you get asked why you didn't get 110%
Positive, employee friendly, work place, with lots of opportunity for advancement
Senior Graphic Consultang (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 17, 2016
A progressive company that for the most part, was employee friendly, which gives you a chance to learn and grow, with the proper support available, to help you succeed with in the corporation.
Energetic atmosphere
Outside Sales Acquisition (Current Employee) –  st johns nlAugust 25, 2015
Productive company with good support.

-excellent co-workers
-good training
-benefits
-competitive wages
-provides a good life/work balance
-attainable targets
-excellent products
-good customer feedback

Learned a lot from the people that had been there for years.

2.8