Yellow Pages Employee Review

View all Yellow Pages reviews

This company is currently going through a major restructuring of its platform and the way in which it delivers its services to their clients.
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth , NS24 August 2013
At YP, your job as a media sales consultant has many repetitive tasks as far as submitting the final sale in our system, how we log our daily activities and all the clerical duties we are required to perform.It makes up over 30% of our day. The clients we meet and talk to make what is ever changing in this environment. Challenges change and then business goals are then adjusted to meet those goals. We consult our clients on how they can accomplish their sales and marketing goals through directive and creative forms of advertising. We are constantly being educated on our products and services and more importantly on how these products will benefit our clients - through print, yp.ca and via search engines. My co-workers are great. The seasoned crew has learned the value of team work.
The hardest part of the job is the demand for perfection from both management and our clients. The best part is the flexibility to manage your accounts and book appointments.

Other Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Great people, Great commission structure (2017), Dont be late. Ever.
Media Accounts Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 November 2017
Company full of top sales talent and people that love what they do. Most leave because they were late or took too many sick days. If you can grind as hard as the top talent, you'll be very wealthy and work with some of the most impressive partnerships that any marketing company could dream of.
Pros
Crazy monthly and quarterly incentives, Great people
Cons
You need to work at least 10 hours a day, no leniency with adherence
Hours were long and travel became more and more each year
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  2891 Sunridge Way NE1 November 2017
It's nice to be able to be home office based but also puts you on a bit of an island as well. As admin roles were cut, the duties grew and hours did not allow for much work/life balance and the income did not reflect the effort by the end.
Pros
Home office based. Variety of clientelle
Cons
Traveled a lot and hours were long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9