Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
Nothing bad to say. Typical sales environment. Very attractive and lucrative incentives. The people are great. The supervisors are great. The upper management are really engaged with the sales staff.
Fun when ship was not sinking
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
i joined Yellow pages in 2011 and it was great. work life balance was perfect. hardly did overtime. (they dont pay for overtime) no pressures! very relaxed! now they have laid off more than 50% of the original IT department and there is lots of pressure on remaining team. They have lost so much knowledge bcz of firing knowledgeable people. Its difficult to do your job now bcz you dont have proper help from others.
There are no extra social fun activities.
Low pay, hard labour.
Delivery Labourer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 May 2017
My father and I decided it seemed like not that bad of a small job to do. They do pay 39 cents for delivering the yellow pages as well as the rider. Our route was quite large and we ended up delivering to over a hundred houses and we were hardly a quarter of the way through and we left at around 1:00 - 1:30pm and by the time we gave up it was literally 8:30 and dark out.
My legs burned for 2 days. and we were driving.

The only enjoyable part was the fact that we got to know a bit of the community in the area we delivered in.

The hardest part would have to be walking up peoples drive ways, some are very steep depending on where you are delivering to.

From 7 hours of work we made a bit more than fifty dollars.

You would be better with a job that doesnt even pay minimum wage.
I feel quite sorry for the people who do this on a regular basis.

***I DO NOT RECOMMEND DELIVERING FOR THEM***
Pros
Knowing your area
Cons
very little pay for lots of work
Fun and focused place to work. Amazing managers and company culture
Appointment Setter Acquisition Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Yellow Pages is a fun and interesting place to work. Managers are very supportive and advancement is available for any one who wants to move to the next level in his or her career goals.
Media consultant
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2017
Get ready to get yelled at and guilt trip. Had a bad day, you didn't make enough calls, had a great day, imagine if you would've made more calls. The pay is great, no job security, they always hire new employees to replace the one that doesn't have a ''yes man'' attitude to avoid having to give them their permanency.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Sweatshop environment
Unstable Company
Media Account Consultant - Premise (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
Work life balance is amazing but the company is extremely unstable at the moment. The company will either have one of the greatest turnarounds of all time, or it will fail within the next few years.
Great Place to work
Media Account Consultant - Signature Channel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
This was a great Field Sales job. The industry however has changed and has become more of an online company. Worked there for almost 14 years and had the best experience working for this company.
Pros
Great attmospher and they really cared about their employees
Cons
changing industry
Great company to work for
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 March 2017
Yellow Pages is a great place to work. The work life balance is fantastic as is the salary and benefits. The training and tools provided really set you up for success. As a company, Yellow Pages, is focused on acquisition sales. They have been incredibly successful at acquiring new customers over the last few years and are on track this year to acquire 50,000 new customers across Canada.
Loved the Travel
Business Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2017
Long days, on road by 7am and not home until between 6 and 8 pm, it was hard when my kids were small.

The office was wonderful, great culture and made some amazing friends and business contacts.

Loved the travelling and the fast pace environment.

Learned how to create layouts and advertising tips and tricks that helped my clients get a much higher ROI with working with me.
Interactive and progressive workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
It is a great company which offers quite a learning experience. Learn new technologies and CRM strategies. Corporate culture is relaxed with everyone willing to help to achieve personal and company goals.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Over load of work
Excellent company culture
Advertising Account Executive - Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
Yellow Pages constantly trained their employees on techniques and strategies to help improve the results of the sales team. They invested in their employees!
Pros
met many good people at this company
Great workplace
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
If you put in the work you can make a lot of money that's typical with any sales job. great work culture everyone is friendly and willing to help each other.
Fun workplace
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2017
YPG was enjoyable place to work. Management always worked with team members to achieve sales targets. They always treated the staff exceptionally well.
Pros
pay grade was decent
Cons
very tough industry
Fair and productive workplace with fantastic employee support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 February 2017
Excellent place to work with plenty of opportunity to keep up to date on an ever-changing business environment. Great Supervisors, great co-workers and I was fortunate enough to work with an awesome team in Customer Service. Very dedicated, passionate and positive team. Excellent employee services if needed,

A typical day at work would be to be assigned to address customer complaints related to their published advertising whether in print or online. An investigation would be done to find out what went wrong, who was responsible for the error (YP or client). Once the investigation was completed, a call to the client to explain the error, how the error occurred and then negotiate a fair and reasonable offer of compensation to the client. The negotiations could get tough as I had to keep in mind that I was working on behalf of three very important entities: Yellow Pages (loss of revenue), Sales Rep (loss of income) and the customer (did the error hurt his business and is Yellow Pages going to lose this customer)
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
All calls were forwarded to Customer Service even if the customer wanted another department
High stress environment with great support from your team and management.
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 January 2017
We set our own hours, work from home with 5 weeks vacation plus a free confidential hot line for moral and psychological support.

Though tough with targets our management teams are very supportive.

It is a fast pace high stress job. That being said; working in teams by region there usually a colleague close by to share lunch or dinner
allowing a calm relaxing way to share the ups and downs of the day.

Following up with customers to make sure they don't miss any publication deadlines.

I work from home most of the year. That has allowed me to be involved with my family.
Pros
Work from home, great benefits, good salary
Cons
Pending dead lines, travel 4 months a year, high stress environment
Great place to work, management lacking.
Business Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2017
A great place to work. Fun office with lots of wonderful people but, the Management is uninspired and should move to new people. Very little feedback on performance even though there are quarterly meetings with managers to discuss it they never have actual feed back.
Pros
Lots of fun office activities during holidays, great location.
Cons
Terrible management, no over-time, no feedback.
Productive and fun work environment
Business Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
Managers were not as helpful, but coworkers and seniors were very helpful. It is not a stressful work environment, but you can tell not everyone felt secure in their positions at the company. The company is undergoing through a lot of change, and as a result many departments can be laid off at a time.
However, most of the work time is individually scheduled, so it is up to you to work efficiently or as hard as your colleagues to meet the deadlines.
Pros
Efficient use of individual work and time scheduling
Cons
Temporary position
Current responsibilities & duties
Client Services Representative & Claims Liaison (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 January 2017
Workplace duties include intake of client services calls related to product management, billing & billing investigation, complaint management & resolution, reception coverage, and sales triage.
productive and fun work environment cafeteria downstairs
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
Regular 9-5 or flexible hours depending on management team

weekends are off

typical day will depend on the job there are so many positions

awesome product and great teams

good employee benefits
Pros
work benefits
Cons
office will move from current location
Overall Positive Experience
Media Account Consultant (Key Accounts Manager) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
The benefits and the salary were very excellent. I was also able to work from home so that allowed me a lot of flexibility in my overall work and life.
Pros
Excellent Commission Structure
Cons
Poor company outlook and upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9