Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Good Pay; extremly toxic work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 July 2016
The politics in this place is outrageous.
Management does not listen and HR is virtually useless
Management does not have accountability
Disadvantaged if working in the Toronto office, Montreal employees have better employment opportunites
No job security; you can be laid off for unjust reasons
Most employees who had been in the company (10yrs
+) for a while are very egotistical
Not a team enviroment, it's who-can-be-blamed-for-failures -environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management
MULTIMEDIA CONTENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 September 2016
no job security a corporation that does not care about employees no feedback from management and no coordination between offices terrible communication and compensation was lackluster pros: great benefits Cons: management poor communication very unprofessional
benefits
Cons
management
Very Good Enviroment to work for
2015-2016: Buisness Validations (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 August 2016
Working for yellow pages was the best experience i have ever had in my life NO The best company ever to work for it was a relaxing job.

Management was excellent always around when you needed them , the co-workers were always working with a smile on their face.

it was not a hard job to do cause all i needed to do was to pay attention at the trainning.:-)).

and every once in a while we had enjoyable days with games ect.plus all the benifits was awesome. i dont need to say more about yellow pages they were the best . is too bad they closed in saint-john nb.
Mac
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2016
great company, great compensation, great motivation but need to work on lead generation techniques and management needs to be trained a little more. work.life balance is great
Pros
compensation, work culture
Cons
gossip
Great place to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA21 June 2016
Great place to work, competitive compensation, good benefits, excellent management, opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Cons
Non
If you enjoy office politics and negative atmosphere...
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 March 2016
There is little leadership from upper management and most Sr. Executives lack the qualifications to be in their roles. The company is desperately trying to become 'digital' to remain relevant but simply aren't succeeding.

They pay well, but that is simply the only reason most people stay. The culture, especially in Burnaby, is about as exciting and engaging as a funeral.

The physical environment is dull grey and badly outdated. They really need to move to more modern surroundings. God forbid that there is any laughter, music or noise!

Last year they installed televisions throughout the building, but they only show YP propaganda. They spent money to create employee 'lounge' areas where people could socialize, then turned them into quiet spaces where no talking is allowed. They just empty.

The managers there simply don't have a clue!
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lifeless corporate environment in a dying company
A day in the life of me
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yellow Pages14 May 2016
My day always begins with good morning and a smile to my team and ends with good night...and a smile to the team! As a leader, it is important for me to set the right tone with my employees at the start and end of the day. Being positive and upbeat is a part of my nature and always being sure to set the right example every minute of the day. 80% of my day is spent supporting my team and 20% of admin and reports.

I learned to value each employee as being truly unique and genuinely want to do a good job.

Management to me is leadership.

My co-workers are my left and right hands.

The hardest part of my job is working with employees who have no desire and see the glass as 'half empty'. I this as a challenge to find the magic key that unlocks their inner potential and turns them around.

The best part of my job is my employees for I genuinely want to see them succeed.If I do my job well, they will be happy and that will lead to good results and ultimately...their success!
Pros
Working with people with diverse experiences across all cultures
Little Value in Employees
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Doesn't value employees. Doesn't care about work/life balance. Unethical management. Favouritism. Only cares about acquiring clients, not about maintaining client relationships.
No Job Security
Sales Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 August 2016
I worked there for three years. I quickly learned there was no job security as people would be laid off/surplussed yearly from multiple departments. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Great Global focus on quality and productivity
Search Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2016
Depending on the amount of work, the schedule is flexible within reason and there is always work to be done.

Developed greatly my customer approach on the phone and great understanding of SEM products and data analysis.

Depending on your immediate supervisors, work atmosphere is relax and focused on reaching long and short term objectives.

New waves of employees are younger as well as more and more knowledgeable on PPC, SEO & Social Media services. The company foster in-team cooperation which enables fast personal growth and a great learning environment.

The hardest part of the job would be to relentlessly answer/manage internal communication which are often unnecessary to our individual work and portfolio of accounts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having meaningful conversations with clients actively invested in their product with us. When they correctly inform us is when we thrive to our work.
Pros
Great advantages and base salary
Cons
Complex internal communications
yellow pages
Certified Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2016
there isn't much of a work/life balance, but you will get paid extremely well. About 25% of sales representatives exceed their sales goals and they will make over $100K a year. You will receive a lot of training (expect to take 2-3 days off for training every month) as well as completing online courses in your free time and this can be very difficult to manage when you have a full 7 day a week work schedule.
Great culture, competitive, great place to learn
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Yellow Pages and would recommend it to anyone looking to get a great start in their sales career. Great management and tools in place for you to succeed.
Struggling to remain relevant in the digital world
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 October 2015
PROS:
Great people to work with, good benefits and compensation. I was also lucky to have had a good manager.
CONS:
Zero job security due to declining print revenues and overall precarious financial health of the company. Many layoffs as a result, including another round last month. Company cannot grow organically so it has to rely on acquisitions and aforementioned layoffs to meet quarterly financial targets. Senior management hopes to "return the growth" (their current mantra) by 2018. Problem is, 3 years is an eternity in the digital space and the company competes against far more nimble and entrepreneurial competitors.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, great people
Cons
Lack of long-term strategic focus, outdated archaic systems, no job security.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Acquisition Prospect Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I mean that, best work parties I've ever attended is here in this company. The benefits are incredible and you're unionized as well but probation is 1 long year. Would love to work at this company again if given the chance. Commissions are best I've ever seen as well.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
High turn over rate
Above average pay, and flexible work schedule
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2016
- Contracted IT Helpdesk support, I come in twice a week to support Sales and Editorial staff.

- Most flexible contract I've ever had, I can arrive anytime and have very little reporting to superiors.

- Enterprise policies are strict, so there isn't any wiggle room for creative implementations.
Pros
Great pay, awesome work environment
Cons
small amount of billable hours, little room for advancement
Lots of Challenges and tons of learning
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
This is a company still I transition so the demands are significant. Lots of challenges in product and systems but tons of learning opportunities as well.
Horrible Leadership at Director Level
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
Horrible sales director with a self serving attitude she either likes you or your out. sales and results don't matter as the company would rather have you play dress up or dance like an idiot then make money. RELENTLESS amounts of cold calling to the same client some times multiple times a day. Do your self a favor and skip this place
Pros
clueless managers able to come and go
Cons
overbearing director very self serving
Horrible Bosses
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2016
The most unqualified management team I've come across in my 16 years in the corporate world. There's a lot of of favouritism, lack of training and ridiculous unqualified leads.
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
unprofessionalism
Fun workplace with innovative ways to work as a team
Quality Assurance Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
Overall it is a very good company to work with.
Team leaders are very skilled and nice. Loved to work in the company.
But there is no job security. Management is not so good
Pros
Good salary, good holiday package, latest technologies and tool platform
Cons
no job security
Good environment
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  325 Milner Ave18 May 2016
Work from my home office and enjoy travelling to meet clients on a daily basis.
Clients can be difficult at times but its about providing an optimal solution for their advertising needs
Pros
home office
Cons
Very long hours

2.8