Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Good Pay; extremly toxic work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 July 2016
The politics in this place is outrageous.
Management does not listen and HR is virtually useless
Management does not have accountability
Disadvantaged if working in the Toronto office, Montreal employees have better employment opportunites
No job security; you can be laid off for unjust reasons
Most employees who had been in the company (10yrs
+) for a while are very egotistical
Not a team enviroment, it's who-can-be-blamed-for-failures -environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Mac
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2016
great company, great compensation, great motivation but need to work on lead generation techniques and management needs to be trained a little more. work.life balance is great
Pros
compensation, work culture
Cons
gossip
Terrible management
MULTIMEDIA CONTENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 September 2016
no job security a corporation that does not care about employees no feedback from management and no coordination between offices terrible communication and compensation was lackluster pros: great benefits Cons: management poor communication very unprofessional
benefits
Cons
management
Very Good Enviroment to work for
2015-2016: Buisness Validations (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 August 2016
Working for yellow pages was the best experience i have ever had in my life NO The best company ever to work for it was a relaxing job.

Management was excellent always around when you needed them , the co-workers were always working with a smile on their face.

it was not a hard job to do cause all i needed to do was to pay attention at the trainning.:-)).

and every once in a while we had enjoyable days with games ect.plus all the benifits was awesome. i dont need to say more about yellow pages they were the best . is too bad they closed in saint-john nb.
Overall Positive Experience
Media Account Consultant (Key Accounts Manager) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
The benefits and the salary were very excellent. I was also able to work from home so that allowed me a lot of flexibility in my overall work and life.
Pros
Excellent Commission Structure
Cons
Poor company outlook and upper management
productive and fun work environment cafeteria downstairs
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
Regular 9-5 or flexible hours depending on management team

weekends are off

typical day will depend on the job there are so many positions

awesome product and great teams

good employee benefits
Pros
work benefits
Cons
office will move from current location
Great company
Senior Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Yellow Pages is a great company to work for the salary and benefits are great..
The ability to learn new skills are always available.
Great Management
Pros
salary and benefits are great
Cons
company moved downtown Toronto
Great place to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA21 June 2016
Great place to work, competitive compensation, good benefits, excellent management, opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Cons
Non
Little Value in Employees
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Doesn't value employees. Doesn't care about work/life balance. Unethical management. Favouritism. Only cares about acquiring clients, not about maintaining client relationships.
If you enjoy office politics and negative atmosphere...
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 March 2016
There is little leadership from upper management and most Sr. Executives lack the qualifications to be in their roles. The company is desperately trying to become 'digital' to remain relevant but simply aren't succeeding.

They pay well, but that is simply the only reason most people stay. The culture, especially in Burnaby, is about as exciting and engaging as a funeral.

The physical environment is dull grey and badly outdated. They really need to move to more modern surroundings. God forbid that there is any laughter, music or noise!

Last year they installed televisions throughout the building, but they only show YP propaganda. They spent money to create employee 'lounge' areas where people could socialize, then turned them into quiet spaces where no talking is allowed. They just empty.

The managers there simply don't have a clue!
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lifeless corporate environment in a dying company
A day in the life of me
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yellow Pages14 May 2016
My day always begins with good morning and a smile to my team and ends with good night...and a smile to the team! As a leader, it is important for me to set the right tone with my employees at the start and end of the day. Being positive and upbeat is a part of my nature and always being sure to set the right example every minute of the day. 80% of my day is spent supporting my team and 20% of admin and reports.

I learned to value each employee as being truly unique and genuinely want to do a good job.

Management to me is leadership.

My co-workers are my left and right hands.

The hardest part of my job is working with employees who have no desire and see the glass as 'half empty'. I this as a challenge to find the magic key that unlocks their inner potential and turns them around.

The best part of my job is my employees for I genuinely want to see them succeed.If I do my job well, they will be happy and that will lead to good results and ultimately...their success!
Pros
Working with people with diverse experiences across all cultures
Great place to work, management lacking.
Business Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2017
A great place to work. Fun office with lots of wonderful people but, the Management is uninspired and should move to new people. Very little feedback on performance even though there are quarterly meetings with managers to discuss it they never have actual feed back.
Pros
Lots of fun office activities during holidays, great location.
Cons
Terrible management, no over-time, no feedback.
No Job Security
Sales Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 August 2016
I worked there for three years. I quickly learned there was no job security as people would be laid off/surplussed yearly from multiple departments. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
People are great to work with
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Good company that provides opportunities to improve processes with open communication at all levels about company strategies, results and objectives. Excellent benefits and the possibility of working remotely.
Current responsibilities & duties
Client Services Representative & Claims Liaison (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 January 2017
Workplace duties include intake of client services calls related to product management, billing & billing investigation, complaint management & resolution, reception coverage, and sales triage.
Productive and fun work environment
Business Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
Managers were not as helpful, but coworkers and seniors were very helpful. It is not a stressful work environment, but you can tell not everyone felt secure in their positions at the company. The company is undergoing through a lot of change, and as a result many departments can be laid off at a time.
However, most of the work time is individually scheduled, so it is up to you to work efficiently or as hard as your colleagues to meet the deadlines.
Pros
Efficient use of individual work and time scheduling
Cons
Temporary position
yellow pages
Certified Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2016
there isn't much of a work/life balance, but you will get paid extremely well. About 25% of sales representatives exceed their sales goals and they will make over $100K a year. You will receive a lot of training (expect to take 2-3 days off for training every month) as well as completing online courses in your free time and this can be very difficult to manage when you have a full 7 day a week work schedule.
Great Global focus on quality and productivity
Search Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2016
Depending on the amount of work, the schedule is flexible within reason and there is always work to be done.

Developed greatly my customer approach on the phone and great understanding of SEM products and data analysis.

Depending on your immediate supervisors, work atmosphere is relax and focused on reaching long and short term objectives.

New waves of employees are younger as well as more and more knowledgeable on PPC, SEO & Social Media services. The company foster in-team cooperation which enables fast personal growth and a great learning environment.

The hardest part of the job would be to relentlessly answer/manage internal communication which are often unnecessary to our individual work and portfolio of accounts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having meaningful conversations with clients actively invested in their product with us. When they correctly inform us is when we thrive to our work.
Pros
Great advantages and base salary
Cons
Complex internal communications
Struggling to remain relevant in the digital world
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 October 2015
PROS:
Great people to work with, good benefits and compensation. I was also lucky to have had a good manager.
CONS:
Zero job security due to declining print revenues and overall precarious financial health of the company. Many layoffs as a result, including another round last month. Company cannot grow organically so it has to rely on acquisitions and aforementioned layoffs to meet quarterly financial targets. Senior management hopes to "return the growth" (their current mantra) by 2018. Problem is, 3 years is an eternity in the digital space and the company competes against far more nimble and entrepreneurial competitors.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, great people
Cons
Lack of long-term strategic focus, outdated archaic systems, no job security.
Great culture, competitive, great place to learn
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Yellow Pages and would recommend it to anyone looking to get a great start in their sales career. Great management and tools in place for you to succeed.

2.8