Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Business is in transformation
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada8 August 2017
Recent changes in Sr. Leadership will greatly help with the future transformation at YP. Still... more needs to be done... The sales organization lacks direction and leadership at many levels. What was once one of the best sales groups in Canada and the prime value of the business has now become lethargic and disinterested mainly due to products that are unimaginative and for the most part pedestrian versus the competition. Combine this with a Marketing team whom only listens to their personal agenda and lacks zero knowledge of the customers needs. Time is not their friend...
Pros
The people
Cons
leadership
Good company, Bad Management
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
A typical day at Yellow Pages involves many meetings, kick offs, call blitz's. micromanagement at its best! The genuine top sales people are not recognized but the ones who are being gifted by management or being guided for a management position get all the benefits and praise. Company's transition from print to digital has been very slow and not at the pace of other competitor companies. Yellow Pages products don't work for customers for the most part, basically selling a dream that doesn't work. Targeting small/medium size business often without a huge budget for advertising. No proper sales training for staff mostly because managers were great at sales but not great a duplicating themselves. Therefore sales reps have to learn on their own and often fail as they are not given the proper structure. Very high turnover.
Pros
nice new office
Cons
micormanagement
A bit tiring and hard
Yellow pages distributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
My day at work would start early in the morning at around 7:00.My task was to deliver yellow pages to various houses. The Management was pretty good and this job taught me a lot of skills. Some of which are teamwork and perseverance. Th e hardest part of the job was carrying those big heavy books and the most enjoyable part of the job was lunchtime because you were able to talk with one another and learn different things about your colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches, Salary
Cons
Long hours, Early Mornings
Loved my time there
Senior Business Consultant - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Bank in its hey day this was a great place to work. People came together as a team, worked hard, and played hard. The company leadership was there for you when you needed them.
N/a
Bilingual National Publishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 June 2017
Loved, loved, loved my Manager. If he was around I would still be employed here. Family oriented environment, we worked hard and found time to support, play and came good friends.
Great for young professionals
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 June 2017
Great company to work for, amazing managers that are engaging and motivational. Great money, and benefits. 830-430 who could complain about the perfect schedule! I have recommended this company to all friends, and people looking for more of a professional change.
Pros
Great Opportunity
In Transition
Business Analyst - Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 June 2017
Company is in transition from print to digital. The environment feels very unstable and there is a lot of turnover and there does not seem to be a positive future.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
very transitional
Great culture and awesome people to work with!
Social Media Campaign Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2017
Really great culture, support from management, amazing people to work with! Decent pay and great benefits as well! Love working here and would definitely recommend to others.
High turnover
Manager Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 June 2017
Company desperately trying to stay relevant in the digital world. The company constantly laying off employees which made the environment toxic. I would not recommend for someone with a stable job to quit and work for Yellow Pages, I would recommend for university grad.
Pros
not many
Cons
constant layoffs
Not the worst place
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 May 2017
I would recommend YP for any new professional who is looking to experience a corporate world but in a much less corporate way. Interpersonal skills are vital to the roles success.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and general atmosphere.
Cons
inexperienced management.

Want to know more about Yellow Pages?

Ask a question
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
Nothing bad to say. Typical sales environment. Very attractive and lucrative incentives. The people are great. The supervisors are great. The upper management are really engaged with the sales staff.
Fun when ship was not sinking
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
i joined Yellow pages in 2011 and it was great. work life balance was perfect. hardly did overtime. (they dont pay for overtime) no pressures! very relaxed! now they have laid off more than 50% of the original IT department and there is lots of pressure on remaining team. They have lost so much knowledge bcz of firing knowledgeable people. Its difficult to do your job now bcz you dont have proper help from others.
There are no extra social fun activities.
Low pay, hard labour.
Delivery Labourer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 May 2017
My father and I decided it seemed like not that bad of a small job to do. They do pay 39 cents for delivering the yellow pages as well as the rider. Our route was quite large and we ended up delivering to over a hundred houses and we were hardly a quarter of the way through and we left at around 1:00 - 1:30pm and by the time we gave up it was literally 8:30 and dark out.
My legs burned for 2 days. and we were driving.

The only enjoyable part was the fact that we got to know a bit of the community in the area we delivered in.

The hardest part would have to be walking up peoples drive ways, some are very steep depending on where you are delivering to.

From 7 hours of work we made a bit more than fifty dollars.

You would be better with a job that doesnt even pay minimum wage.
I feel quite sorry for the people who do this on a regular basis.

***I DO NOT RECOMMEND DELIVERING FOR THEM***
Pros
Knowing your area
Cons
very little pay for lots of work
Fun and focused place to work. Amazing managers and company culture
Appointment Setter Acquisition Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Yellow Pages is a fun and interesting place to work. Managers are very supportive and advancement is available for any one who wants to move to the next level in his or her career goals.
Media consultant
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2017
Get ready to get yelled at and guilt trip. Had a bad day, you didn't make enough calls, had a great day, imagine if you would've made more calls. The pay is great, no job security, they always hire new employees to replace the one that doesn't have a ''yes man'' attitude to avoid having to give them their permanency.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Sweatshop environment
Unstable Company
Media Account Consultant - Premise (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
Work life balance is amazing but the company is extremely unstable at the moment. The company will either have one of the greatest turnarounds of all time, or it will fail within the next few years.
Great Place to work
Media Account Consultant - Signature Channel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
This was a great Field Sales job. The industry however has changed and has become more of an online company. Worked there for almost 14 years and had the best experience working for this company.
Pros
Great attmospher and they really cared about their employees
Cons
changing industry
Great company to work for
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 March 2017
Yellow Pages is a great place to work. The work life balance is fantastic as is the salary and benefits. The training and tools provided really set you up for success. As a company, Yellow Pages, is focused on acquisition sales. They have been incredibly successful at acquiring new customers over the last few years and are on track this year to acquire 50,000 new customers across Canada.
Loved the Travel
Business Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2017
Long days, on road by 7am and not home until between 6 and 8 pm, it was hard when my kids were small.

The office was wonderful, great culture and made some amazing friends and business contacts.

Loved the travelling and the fast pace environment.

Learned how to create layouts and advertising tips and tricks that helped my clients get a much higher ROI with working with me.
Interactive and progressive workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
It is a great company which offers quite a learning experience. Learn new technologies and CRM strategies. Corporate culture is relaxed with everyone willing to help to achieve personal and company goals.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Over load of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9