Yellow Pages Employee Review

View all Yellow Pages reviews

Very challenging, rewarding, and overall a wonderful learning experience
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2013
If I were not a single mother, I would have loved this job for the rest of my career. Unfortunately the assignment and hours needed to invest were more than I could juggle.

As it was outside sales, I was responsible to work from home, which was ideal, as 2 days a week were allotted to administration, and 3 days were on the road meeting with clients.

I learned that I am capable of maintaining a very corporate and professional countenance, as I am generally very laid-back and personable. I learned more about advertising and the internet than I ever knew was out there, and I learned that I can push myself to new heights and achieve anything I try at.

My co-workers were like family. I am still in constant contact with many of them in my personal life. I learned a lot and our team was very strong and helped each other constantly.

My managers were amazing and were truly there to help. I can't say enough good things about them.

The hardest part of my job was being away from my children, which proved to be too much. I handled the hour+ daily commute well and enjoyed the many challenges the job presented.

The part of the job I enjoyed the most was the actual face-to-face time with the clients, and presenting the proposals. I researched each business and designed marketing campaigns specifically for them, to improve their ROI and bring the best qualified leads possible. I absolutely loved going over analytics and finding new ways to improve their ROI.
Pros
Company laptop, iPhone, internet & phone, mileage & benefits
Cons
Long hours (I was working over 60 hours a week)

Other Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Great people, Great commission structure (2017), Dont be late. Ever.
Media Accounts Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 November 2017
Company full of top sales talent and people that love what they do. Most leave because they were late or took too many sick days. If you can grind as hard as the top talent, you'll be very wealthy and work with some of the most impressive partnerships that any marketing company could dream of.
Pros
Crazy monthly and quarterly incentives, Great people
Cons
You need to work at least 10 hours a day, no leniency with adherence
Hours were long and travel became more and more each year
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  2891 Sunridge Way NE1 November 2017
It's nice to be able to be home office based but also puts you on a bit of an island as well. As admin roles were cut, the duties grew and hours did not allow for much work/life balance and the income did not reflect the effort by the end.
Pros
Home office based. Variety of clientelle
Cons
Traveled a lot and hours were long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9