Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Products
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OntarioAugust 28, 2012
Great Products and Customer's. Fantastic online courses about Mobile, SEM, SEO and Social Media.
Pros
home office
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  BarrieAugust 10, 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor

Comment – August 21, 2012

If you were forced to leave the business, your attitude shows why. If you chose to leave, Great you clearly didn't believe in the transformation. Best of luck finding a company that provides a compensation plan as competitive as YP!

Comment – August 26, 2012

I appreciate an honest review. Honestly I've heard many similar unfavourable comments from employees. The stocks died! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK No need to make rude comments...idontknow?

Fun and challenging environment
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 26, 2012
Yellow Pages Group is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. YPG brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties.
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
Good in general
Spring developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
It was a good company, but it had a hard time mid-2015. There are interesting projects, benefits are good in general for developers and they are well considered in general.
Environnement agréable
Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2014
En général travailler chez GPJ c'est une belle expérience, mais avec la transformation de l'entreprise malheureusement il n'y a pas beaucoup de stabilité.