Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This is a good, just out of college job.
Web Builder (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2013
Pros: the management, the social aspect of a large production office.
Cons: tediousness of building the same thing day in and day out, the pay rate.
A typical day is grabbing the next available web site that needs to be built, gathering all the information that needs to be present on the site. Designing graphics that work with what the client has provided or finding images that will work with the type of business the client owns and putting all of the pieces together in the template based builder.

I – more... have learned a lot about Photoshop. Much of what I learned at school was focused on print so I was dealing with InDesign and Illustrator. Working with a digital medium has allowed me to explore photoshop in greater detail

Management is wonderful and always there to help when needed and give praise when it is earned.

The hardest part of the job is finding inspiration. Working in a template based builder it is easy to feel like you are constantly building the same site over and over. Breaking away from what you know works and experimenting while still trying to meet the deadlines is probably the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part is learning something new from other builders. Having over thirty builders in the same room offers a lot of opportunity to learn new tricks from other people. – less
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCECUTIVE (Former Employee), chennaiFebruary 28, 2013
SPECIAL SKILLS
• MS Office Suite
• Excellent Grammar and Punctuation
• Multicultural interaction
• Keyboard 60 WPM
• Soft and hard record maintenance
• Office machines
Flexible schedule and good team work
Bilingual Data entry/Routing & QA Specialist (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 28, 2013
Reviewing customers ads
Team work, pre-proofing products, attention to details
Good management and workers atmosphere
A challenging workplace allowing for self management to acheive goals
Delivery person (Former Employee), WiganNovember 26, 2012
Pros: freedom to do what i wanted
Cons: long hours
The experience here taught me how to optimise tasks and think ahead to ensure all several thousand books were delivered in a weeks time, if this was not done then salary was cut for each day overdue.
The job was very challenging as I had to deliver thousands of books, sometimes working from 7am to 10pm, however I enjoyed this job as I was allowed to – more... set my own days targets and go about it however I wished. – less
Had days when we would have a fun day, e.g. womans day, come dresesed up.
Graphic designer (Former Employee), GautengNovember 23, 2012
Pros: 13th check, work overtime.
I worked there 4 years ago, I was there for 14 years, during my time there I learned a lot, had very nice co-workers, enjoyed my job, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new programmes and using my experience and knowlege in making customers happy. I just found that i was not moving forward and I need to expand my self in graphics and designing. – more... Can't think of any thing that would describe my job as being hard, did work under a lot of pressure, had deadlines to meet. – less
Sales in the Yellow Page industry
Account Executive (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 18, 2012
Pros: everyone knows of the yellow pages
Cons: it's a dying industry
You were responsible for bringing in new sales, renew existing accounts and increase sales in existing accounts. You have to be a self motivated individual that has to have the ability to work with all levels from the C-Suites, Managers, mid managers & independent owners.
Plus you have to know something about all kinds of businesses from A-Z. You have – more... to be a relationship, consultative seller. Each and everyday you have to be a hunter and be able to network and always be closing. – less
Flexible
Executive Account Manager - Media Specialist (Current Employee), Wellington citySeptember 19, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: job stability - don't feel secure
Daily contact with Government based customers, selling print and digital advertising solutions. Strong empathas on deadlines, and customer satisfaction. Lot of work via email. Enjoy keeping customers happy and win-win solutions for customer and employee.
The best job I have ever worked at.
Temp (Former Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great pay, great co-workers steady work pace
Cons: management
The Yellow pages group was one of the best jobs that I have ever worked. It was a data entry position. Keying in contacts of different reps for different businesses. The office was lively and the co-workers was very easy to get a long with.
Nice co workers
Outside sales rep (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good co workers
Cons: product not so good.
cold call over the phone and in person. Call on business like: doctors, small business, retails, resturants.

January 24, 2013

Hey, I was just hired by YPG as an outside MAC and have read many unfavourable reviews (I'm now a little concerned). I was told there was zero cold calling required, that all business was existing in my interview. How often would you be cold calling? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Good work - play balance
Proof-reader (Former Employee), BirminggamJune 14, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours sometimes
With flexible working patterns employees are able to fulfill their in-work and out-of-work responsibilities.
Typical day at work:
Constant screen and paper proof-reading over a variety of systems, checking both US and UK English and looking at the design and layout of adverts of various sizes, including full double page spreads and complicated menus. – more... Daily deadlines for publication were always met. A good relaxed approach to breaks and down-time allowed for eye rest and a recharging of batteries!
What I learned:
Application to the task and concentration on detail.
Management:
A good hands-off approach but supportive and encouraging.
Co-Workers:
Teams varied in size and make up. Generally a good supportive atmosphere. Lots of banter and fun.
Hardest aspect of the Job:
Maintaining concentration looking for errors.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interaction with colleagues and satisfaction that the job was completed to target each day. Also the companies approach in allowing flexibility. – less
a very fine firm
artist (Former Employee), blue bell paMarch 9, 2012
a fine firm to work for.
i would suggest it a possible job selection
home based office which was very nice
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee), Southwestern OntarioMarch 4, 2012
Pros: traveling quite a bit
Cons: bad manager
Ok place to work I just got in at the time the company took a pretty big down turn, plus I was looking for management down the road and it would never happen there.
Environnement agréable
Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2014
En général travailler chez GPJ c'est une belle expérience, mais avec la transformation de l'entreprise malheureusement il n'y a pas beaucoup de stabilité.

About Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide – Read more

Yellow Pages Group Photos