Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting
Complex Specialist (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAAugust 29, 2013
The job came to us 3 days before Thanksgiving to tell us that we would no longer have jobs come June because the company was sending the work back to Canada.
High Pressure unprofessional Roswell,Ga
advertisng media consultant (Former Employee), Roswell,GaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: management.
They don't tell you about charge backs your managers will embarrass you in front of your co-workers mine did. They want to write up when your numbers are down and demoralize you instead of working with you to help you. You have to join a union and pay dues every month and they don't do anything for you and the medical benefits are awful. $2500 deducitible – more... for you and your spouse. That is like having no insurance and you have to wait six months before you are eligble – less
Temp role
Data Input (Former Employee), BristolAugust 6, 2013
Pros: it was a very easy job
Cons: not a challenge
Data input on a computer.

A temporary role working through an agency.
Productive and fun workplace
Yellow Pages Deliverer (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTAugust 1, 2013
Over seven days I delivered 800 Yellow Pages Directories. I learned that I have good navigation skills as I was able to find the quickest route possible so I was able to deliver all 800 Directories on time. My Manger was very encouraging and helpful during my employment. It was hard to deliver more that 100 Directories each day but because of my route – more... planning skills I was able to complete the task I was given. The most enjoyable part of the job was when all 800 directories were delivered and I had achieved my goal by completing the job on time. – less
Fast paced environment; great team members
Senior Manager (Current Employee), United StatesJuly 18, 2013
I enjoy working with my team members on a daily basis on project management and error resolution. We collaborate with our internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction.

My immediate management team is supportive and accommodating when needed. I would like to see more work/life balance and telecommuting opportunities for all employees – more... in the United States. The company does offer a competitive benefits plan, and bonus opportunities.

My immediate concern is the lack of growth opportunities. – less
Would not recommend if you are an ethical and logical person
Account Executive Inside Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2013
Cons: upper management from atlanta makes unpopular appearences as preacher/sales motivator
I would not recommend this company to anyone who is concerned with their reputation as a professional salesperson.
Their priorities are not with the customer but with their internal game plan. I've never worked anywhere where there was so much stress and so little job satisfaction. Although the people I worked alongside and under were honest, the process – more... is complicated to a fault. Customers and prospects constantly hung up on me when I told them who I worked for. Their Voice Verification phone process is a tricky way to get a signed "verbal" contract from their customer and customers hate it.

I have an issue with an employer that takes my urine... but does not give me theirs to examine before I am hired. The HR department is virtual and best practices of new employee procedures were totally thrown out the door. This employer won't make the list of Best Places to Work. Attrition rate is high.

OH,GM likes to "play ball" and have employees do a Monday morning Soul Train dance from the meeting room to their cubes. – less
Ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Little Oakley/WrabnessJune 20, 2013
Pros: could do it in your own time
Cons: middle of summer hard to carry a large amount of books at once
This was hard work as it was in the middle of the summer, great for exercising but it became boring, I presume its much like being a postman!
This is a good, just out of college job.
Web Builder (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2013
Pros: the management, the social aspect of a large production office.
Cons: tediousness of building the same thing day in and day out, the pay rate.
A typical day is grabbing the next available web site that needs to be built, gathering all the information that needs to be present on the site. Designing graphics that work with what the client has provided or finding images that will work with the type of business the client owns and putting all of the pieces together in the template based builder.

I – more... have learned a lot about Photoshop. Much of what I learned at school was focused on print so I was dealing with InDesign and Illustrator. Working with a digital medium has allowed me to explore photoshop in greater detail

Management is wonderful and always there to help when needed and give praise when it is earned.

The hardest part of the job is finding inspiration. Working in a template based builder it is easy to feel like you are constantly building the same site over and over. Breaking away from what you know works and experimenting while still trying to meet the deadlines is probably the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part is learning something new from other builders. Having over thirty builders in the same room offers a lot of opportunity to learn new tricks from other people. – less
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCECUTIVE (Former Employee), chennaiFebruary 28, 2013
SPECIAL SKILLS
• MS Office Suite
• Excellent Grammar and Punctuation
• Multicultural interaction
• Keyboard 60 WPM
• Soft and hard record maintenance
• Office machines
Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of – more... the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines – less
Flexible schedule and good team work
Bilingual Data entry/Routing & QA Specialist (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 28, 2013
Reviewing customers ads
Team work, pre-proofing products, attention to details
Good management and workers atmosphere
A challenging workplace allowing for self management to acheive goals
Delivery person (Former Employee), WiganNovember 26, 2012
Pros: freedom to do what i wanted
Cons: long hours
The experience here taught me how to optimise tasks and think ahead to ensure all several thousand books were delivered in a weeks time, if this was not done then salary was cut for each day overdue.
The job was very challenging as I had to deliver thousands of books, sometimes working from 7am to 10pm, however I enjoyed this job as I was allowed to – more... set my own days targets and go about it however I wished. – less
Had days when we would have a fun day, e.g. womans day, come dresesed up.
Graphic designer (Former Employee), GautengNovember 23, 2012
Pros: 13th check, work overtime.
I worked there 4 years ago, I was there for 14 years, during my time there I learned a lot, had very nice co-workers, enjoyed my job, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new programmes and using my experience and knowlege in making customers happy. I just found that i was not moving forward and I need to expand my self in graphics and designing. – more... Can't think of any thing that would describe my job as being hard, did work under a lot of pressure, had deadlines to meet. – less
Sales in the Yellow Page industry
Account Executive (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 18, 2012
Pros: everyone knows of the yellow pages
Cons: it's a dying industry
You were responsible for bringing in new sales, renew existing accounts and increase sales in existing accounts. You have to be a self motivated individual that has to have the ability to work with all levels from the C-Suites, Managers, mid managers & independent owners.
Plus you have to know something about all kinds of businesses from A-Z. You have – more... to be a relationship, consultative seller. Each and everyday you have to be a hunter and be able to network and always be closing. – less
Flexible
Executive Account Manager - Media Specialist (Current Employee), Wellington citySeptember 19, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: job stability - don't feel secure
Daily contact with Government based customers, selling print and digital advertising solutions. Strong empathas on deadlines, and customer satisfaction. Lot of work via email. Enjoy keeping customers happy and win-win solutions for customer and employee.
The best job I have ever worked at.
Temp (Former Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great pay, great co-workers steady work pace
Cons: management
The Yellow pages group was one of the best jobs that I have ever worked. It was a data entry position. Keying in contacts of different reps for different businesses. The office was lively and the co-workers was very easy to get a long with.
A fun workplace where company values are demonstrated and applied everyday
Payroll Specialist / HR Generalist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2012
Working for the Yellow Pages Group has allowed me to grow professionally and expand my knowledge in the Human Resources field.
My work specifically comprised of handling everything from payroll, compensation, benefits and all things related to HR for our US offices in Indiana and Pennsylvania. Yellow Pages even paid for my courses to better prepare – more... me for my job in regards to all the US rules and regulations with HR and Payroll.
Our management team was also excellent because they had 6 months and yearly evaluations with their teams. This allowed individuals to express their work and any issues they were having or areas which needed improvement.
I truly enjoyed the one on one time I had with my management team because it allowed me to show my comprehension and offer my opinion which later secure me a promotion within 4 months of my hire.
I have enjoyed my time at the Yellow Pages Group, and I know that the skills and knowledge which I have acquired there will only lead me to success for my next opportunity. – less
Great Company
Director Distribution (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 3, 2012
Awesome place to be, great management team and very interactive. All high performing people.
A very collaborative place to work
Nice co workers
Outside sales rep (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good co workers
Cons: product not so good.
cold call over the phone and in person. Call on business like: doctors, small business, retails, resturants.

– January 24, 2013

Hey, I was just hired by YPG as an outside MAC and have read many unfavourable reviews (I'm now a little concerned). I was told there was zero cold calling required, that all business was existing in my interview. How often would you be cold calling? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Good work - play balance
Proof-reader (Former Employee), BirminggamJune 14, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours sometimes
With flexible working patterns employees are able to fulfill their in-work and out-of-work responsibilities.
Typical day at work:
Constant screen and paper proof-reading over a variety of systems, checking both US and UK English and looking at the design and layout of adverts of various sizes, including full double page spreads and complicated menus. – more... Daily deadlines for publication were always met. A good relaxed approach to breaks and down-time allowed for eye rest and a recharging of batteries!
What I learned:
Application to the task and concentration on detail.
Management:
A good hands-off approach but supportive and encouraging.
Co-Workers:
Teams varied in size and make up. Generally a good supportive atmosphere. Lots of banter and fun.
Hardest aspect of the Job:
Maintaining concentration looking for errors.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interaction with colleagues and satisfaction that the job was completed to target each day. Also the companies approach in allowing flexibility. – less

About Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide – Read more

Yellow Pages Group Photos