Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of – more... the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines – less
Flexible schedule and good team work
Bilingual Data entry/Routing & QA Specialist (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 28, 2013
Reviewing customers ads
Team work, pre-proofing products, attention to details
Good management and workers atmosphere
A challenging workplace allowing for self management to acheive goals
Delivery person (Former Employee), WiganNovember 26, 2012
Pros: freedom to do what i wanted
Cons: long hours
The experience here taught me how to optimise tasks and think ahead to ensure all several thousand books were delivered in a weeks time, if this was not done then salary was cut for each day overdue.
The job was very challenging as I had to deliver thousands of books, sometimes working from 7am to 10pm, however I enjoyed this job as I was allowed to – more... set my own days targets and go about it however I wished. – less
Had days when we would have a fun day, e.g. womans day, come dresesed up.
Graphic designer (Former Employee), GautengNovember 23, 2012
Pros: 13th check, work overtime.
I worked there 4 years ago, I was there for 14 years, during my time there I learned a lot, had very nice co-workers, enjoyed my job, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new programmes and using my experience and knowlege in making customers happy. I just found that i was not moving forward and I need to expand my self in graphics and designing. – more... Can't think of any thing that would describe my job as being hard, did work under a lot of pressure, had deadlines to meet. – less
Sales in the Yellow Page industry
Account Executive (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 18, 2012
Pros: everyone knows of the yellow pages
Cons: it's a dying industry
You were responsible for bringing in new sales, renew existing accounts and increase sales in existing accounts. You have to be a self motivated individual that has to have the ability to work with all levels from the C-Suites, Managers, mid managers & independent owners.
Plus you have to know something about all kinds of businesses from A-Z. You have – more... to be a relationship, consultative seller. Each and everyday you have to be a hunter and be able to network and always be closing. – less
Flexible
Executive Account Manager - Media Specialist (Current Employee), Wellington citySeptember 19, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: job stability - don't feel secure
Daily contact with Government based customers, selling print and digital advertising solutions. Strong empathas on deadlines, and customer satisfaction. Lot of work via email. Enjoy keeping customers happy and win-win solutions for customer and employee.
The best job I have ever worked at.
Temp (Former Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great pay, great co-workers steady work pace
Cons: management
The Yellow pages group was one of the best jobs that I have ever worked. It was a data entry position. Keying in contacts of different reps for different businesses. The office was lively and the co-workers was very easy to get a long with.
A fun workplace where company values are demonstrated and applied everyday
Payroll Specialist / HR Generalist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2012
Working for the Yellow Pages Group has allowed me to grow professionally and expand my knowledge in the Human Resources field.
My work specifically comprised of handling everything from payroll, compensation, benefits and all things related to HR for our US offices in Indiana and Pennsylvania. Yellow Pages even paid for my courses to better prepare – more... me for my job in regards to all the US rules and regulations with HR and Payroll.
Our management team was also excellent because they had 6 months and yearly evaluations with their teams. This allowed individuals to express their work and any issues they were having or areas which needed improvement.
I truly enjoyed the one on one time I had with my management team because it allowed me to show my comprehension and offer my opinion which later secure me a promotion within 4 months of my hire.
I have enjoyed my time at the Yellow Pages Group, and I know that the skills and knowledge which I have acquired there will only lead me to success for my next opportunity. – less
Great Company
Director Distribution (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 3, 2012
Awesome place to be, great management team and very interactive. All high performing people.
A very collaborative place to work
Nice co workers
Outside sales rep (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good co workers
Cons: product not so good.
cold call over the phone and in person. Call on business like: doctors, small business, retails, resturants.

– January 24, 2013

Hey, I was just hired by YPG as an outside MAC and have read many unfavourable reviews (I'm now a little concerned). I was told there was zero cold calling required, that all business was existing in my interview. How often would you be cold calling? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Good work - play balance
Proof-reader (Former Employee), BirminggamJune 14, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours sometimes
With flexible working patterns employees are able to fulfill their in-work and out-of-work responsibilities.
Typical day at work:
Constant screen and paper proof-reading over a variety of systems, checking both US and UK English and looking at the design and layout of adverts of various sizes, including full double page spreads and complicated menus. – more... Daily deadlines for publication were always met. A good relaxed approach to breaks and down-time allowed for eye rest and a recharging of batteries!
What I learned:
Application to the task and concentration on detail.
Management:
A good hands-off approach but supportive and encouraging.
Co-Workers:
Teams varied in size and make up. Generally a good supportive atmosphere. Lots of banter and fun.
Hardest aspect of the Job:
Maintaining concentration looking for errors.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interaction with colleagues and satisfaction that the job was completed to target each day. Also the companies approach in allowing flexibility. – less
a very fine firm
artist (Former Employee), blue bell paMarch 9, 2012
a fine firm to work for.
i would suggest it a possible job selection
home based office which was very nice
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee), Southwestern OntarioMarch 4, 2012
Pros: traveling quite a bit
Cons: bad manager
Ok place to work I just got in at the time the company took a pretty big down turn, plus I was looking for management down the road and it would never happen there.
Environnement agréable
Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2014
En général travailler chez GPJ c'est une belle expérience, mais avec la transformation de l'entreprise malheureusement il n'y a pas beaucoup de stabilité.

About Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide – Read more

Yellow Pages Group Photos