Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews in Canada

A dying industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 3, 2015
Yellow Pages has tried to get into the digital world, but they have bumbled their way to it, many younger companies are eating their lunch.

The money has potential but you must work long hours to get it. The work life balance is very off.
Pros
potential to make money
Cons
no work life balance.
This company is currently going through a major restructuring of its platform and the way in which it delivers its services to their clients.
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth , NSAugust 24, 2013
At YP, your job as a media sales consultant has many repetitive tasks as far as submitting the final sale in our system, how we log our daily activities and all the clerical duties we are required to perform.It makes up over 30% of our day. The clients we meet and talk to make what is ever changing in this environment. Challenges change and then business goals are then adjusted to meet those goals. We consult our clients on how they can accomplish their sales and marketing goals through directive and creative forms of advertising. We are constantly being educated on our products and services and more importantly on how these products will benefit our clients - through print, yp.ca and via search engines. My co-workers are great. The seasoned crew has learned the value of team work.
The hardest part of the job is the demand for perfection from both management and our clients. The best part is the flexibility to manage your accounts and book appointments.
Fun workplace
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  QCAugust 27, 2014
Amazing people!!!

A production clerk must have the following: the ability to quickly learn new systems and applications. Ability to utilize system resources, such as, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet and to also handle large volume of activity. We work with various levels of the management team to coordinate and lead lead assignment.
Pros
cafeteria access
Cons
n/a
Amazing work culture
Consumer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2012
It's a great location with an amazing work culture, benefits are really good as well.
Customer Focused - fast paced and challenging environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC V3W3E3August 20, 2014
daily claim resolution as well as escalations from call center representative on difficult calls
provide coaching and training to all agents on the floor
reporting daily to the managers on areas of improvement on processes
enjoyed working in a fast paced and challenging environment
benefits
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making money.
good team
Sr. TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2015
the IS-IT teams and members have good collaboration across the their fields of expertise. Progressive and innovative in technology.
Great Place To Work
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2015
You get to use all your knowledge about Online products, and Google products, Great place to work. Great Money. Always taking classes, and updating your knowledge regarding Google changes or on-line changes.
Pros
get to meet all business owners. always a new challenge.
Cons
always changing with new updates
Business to Business Sales
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
- Business to Business Sales
- Cold Calling
- Consulting
- Great Environment to work in
- Fun Place to work at
- Great Co workers
Pros
Commision
Cons
Cold Calling
na
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 14, 2014
it was a professional working environment. However there seems to be no improvement for career advancement.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low career advancement
great company
sales representative (Former Employee) –  montrealAugust 21, 2014
great company
great advatages
flexible schedule
possibility of advancement
Great Company
Director Distribution (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 3, 2012
Awesome place to be, great management team and very interactive. All high performing people.
A very collaborative place to work
Fun place to work
Editor / Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
The company had a good organizational culture.

I had the opportunity to contribute to a women's online article by writing content.
Great company to work for
DEDICATED ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 6, 2013
Very good employment opportunities and benefits, flex schedules at some departments, spacious office, gym, free fitness classes everyday.
Pros
online learning portal with lots of courses, shuttle from skytrain.
Cons
non compete clause
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines
One of the best companies to work for in Montreal
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2015
they've moved past their print directory legacy and are forging a strong presence in the digital world. Lots of interesting and fun projects!
Great Products
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OntarioAugust 28, 2012
Great Products and Customer's. Fantastic online courses about Mobile, SEM, SEO and Social Media.
Pros
home office
Cons
A productive company with great benefits.
Listing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BCMarch 27, 2014
Yellow Pages Group is a great company to work for with great benefts including healthcare, vacation time and flexible working hours in some areas. My daily activities will include problem solving, training and support for the Listings team. We have a very supportive team that will pitch in to help out wherever they are needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to support and help others.
Overall work day is working in a high-volume, in-demand needs for the business
Production Support Analyst/Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 17, 2012
My Review is that the organization needs to engage more in current technology.