Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent team environment
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 2, 2015
YP fosters your ability to generate ideas and ways of making your job better for the employee and clients. Great place to grow and develop your skill set.
Listing Service Representative.
Bilingual Listings Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 14, 2015
"open-space office" is a 5'x5' cubicle.You repeat the same task ALL DAY, every day. Customer service is talking to entitled and taking abuse from rude sale rep from the company. Empty management "advancement" promises. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't lose their time with this.
Pros
none.
Cons
repetitive. toxic team work environment.
Very Difficult Environment on East Coast
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 7, 2015
The YP division in Atlantic Canada is the only one not Unionized, and I never thougth I'd be a Pro Union person especially in sales, but there is a need for the "checks and balances" they would provide where this company is concerned with respect to the way they treat their people. They manage by fear and be prepared to work 70+ hours a week. The management team is made up of hand picked individuals that will obey the rules from the director, their loyalty is to the director (and covering their rear ends), not their teams for the most part. Money can be decent, but the company has enormous fufillment issues that the reps have to deal with the mistakes and omissions with the customers, and the reps have nothing to do with the foul ups. Stay clear of this dying dinosaur, her best days are way behind her, just ask about their turnover rates, very high.
Pay was good but no work/life balance
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 3, 2015
Pay was good but no work/life balance. Coworkers were great. Lots of change from print to online. Work from home so lots of flexability. benifits were good.
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance
Great Place To Work
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2015
You get to use all your knowledge about Online products, and Google products, Great place to work. Great Money. Always taking classes, and updating your knowledge regarding Google changes or on-line changes.
Pros
get to meet all business owners. always a new challenge.
Cons
always changing with new updates
A dying industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 3, 2015
Yellow Pages has tried to get into the digital world, but they have bumbled their way to it, many younger companies are eating their lunch.

The money has potential but you must work long hours to get it. The work life balance is very off.
Pros
potential to make money
Cons
no work life balance.
Business to Business Sales
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
- Business to Business Sales
- Cold Calling
- Consulting
- Great Environment to work in
- Fun Place to work at
- Great Co workers
Pros
Commision
Cons
Cold Calling
Steady Employment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  scarboroughSeptember 21, 2014
Working from home, I set appointments and visit prospective clients on a daily/weekly schedule
Closing 2-3 deals weekly on average
The work atmosphere, culture and management is fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work from home
The hardest part of the job is the limitations we are put under and
no chance for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
zero advancement; little respect
Fun workplace
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  QCAugust 27, 2014
Amazing people!!!

A production clerk must have the following: the ability to quickly learn new systems and applications. Ability to utilize system resources, such as, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet and to also handle large volume of activity. We work with various levels of the management team to coordinate and lead lead assignment.
Pros
cafeteria access
Cons
n/a
good team
Sr. TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2015
the IS-IT teams and members have good collaboration across the their fields of expertise. Progressive and innovative in technology.
Changing with the times.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 2, 2014
Company is committed to change and wants to become a Market Leader / On-line Power House in Canada.
Offer tremendous value to advertisers and constantly looking at acquiring partnerships to elevate performance + exposure for paying customers.
Employees work hard and are dedicated to the company.
Corporate culture has been a focal point and getting better over the last few years.
Pros
committed to changes, always looking to improve business roi for smb`s.
Cons
many moving parts, it systems, org. changes, competitive pricing models.
Customer Focused - fast paced and challenging environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC V3W3E3August 20, 2014
daily claim resolution as well as escalations from call center representative on difficult calls
provide coaching and training to all agents on the floor
reporting daily to the managers on areas of improvement on processes
enjoyed working in a fast paced and challenging environment
benefits
Best place to work
Billing Clerk and Comission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 21, 2014
I was able to work in various departments and learn new skill with each of them. The company gave us opportunities through their free courses to better our skills with our jobs. I was fortunate to have worked with other people work oriented like myself. Whenever I learned something useful or beneficial to my job/dept, I would share it or present it to my co-workers if it was something I knew would help them.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet all deadlines when things went wrong like system crashes or last minute advertising changes.

I really liked that I was able to move around in various departments from switchboard , to clerical for 21 years.
Pros
company celebrations
Cons
job security
Good salary potential, lots of pressure and deadlines. Lots of "challenges and opportunities"
MAC (Current Employee) –  inside officeJanuary 22, 2015
Good benefits, possible good wages. Base salary is barely minimum wage. Regular culling of mediocre achievers. Regular training classes to replace YOu. Be prepared for lots of constant pressure from management. Far too much admin work as the entire admin department has been laid off. It's a call centre. Becoming micro managed. Has extreme ups and downs. Good if you want to make a quick buck. Not such a good outlook for the long term as many departments have been/are being shut down. I've never worked at a company where so many staff have been off on disability. The different offices across the country have very different outlooks. You might like one. Another might be closed a month after you are hired. (You won't be given any notice). Very limited advancement opportunities. The best thing (and probably the most important) is that most of the people are great. I'd say go for it if you think you're up for it.
Pros
great people
Cons
the job takes its toll, insecure position
A productive company with great benefits.
Listing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BCMarch 27, 2014
Yellow Pages Group is a great company to work for with great benefts including healthcare, vacation time and flexible working hours in some areas. My daily activities will include problem solving, training and support for the Listings team. We have a very supportive team that will pitch in to help out wherever they are needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to support and help others.
very flexible
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 22, 2014
Yellow Pages was very flexible where you were able to come to work between the hours of 6am - 9am as long as you worked an 8 hour day. I was the escalations specialist and constantly had new situations arise that I would have to find the best outcome for the customer and the company simultaneously. Management figures fluctuated continuously and it was difficult to find a working relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was constant changes within the company, annual layoffs, management changes and department shutdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I got to work with and the satisfaction when amicable solutions were reached with escalations.
Pros
the option of compressed work week schedule and access to multiple gyms
Cons
the constant company transitions
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  BarrieAugust 10, 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor

Comment – August 21, 2012

If you were forced to leave the business, your attitude shows why. If you chose to leave, Great you clearly didn't believe in the transformation. Best of luck finding a company that provides a compensation plan as competitive as YP!

Comment – August 26, 2012

I appreciate an honest review. Honestly I've heard many similar unfavourable comments from employees. The stocks died! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK No need to make rude comments...idontknow?

Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
There was never any pressure.Only requested to have so many ads put in the system in a run of the day.
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John n.bOctober 2, 2012
Each day going to work was exciting for me. Management was great! My co-workers were really nice people.Very east to get along with.The hardest part of the job was understanding what different options that need to be added to a specific request customer wanted.At times that was a challenge. The whole day going into work was the most enjoyablw with all honesty.Very bright and happy place to be.
Pros
for great attendance and you would receive free 15 mins breaks at the end of the month.
Cons
trying to figure out ads(prints)that customers requested.