Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
Pros: excellent compensation
Cons: lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided – more... the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives. – less
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee), BarrieAugust 10, 2012
Pros: good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons: high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......

Idontknow – August 21, 2012

If you were forced to leave the business, your attitude shows why. If you chose to leave, Great you clearly didn't believe in the transformation. Best of luck finding a company that provides a compensation plan as competitive as YP!

Thanks – August 26, 2012

I appreciate an honest review. Honestly I've heard many similar unfavourable comments from employees. The stocks died! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK No need to make rude comments...idontknow?

Fun and challenging environment
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 26, 2012
Yellow Pages Group is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. YPG brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties.
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
Pros: tim hortons in the lobby
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like – more... a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group – less
Productive and fun place to work
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 19, 2014
The mangers try to do a good job of keeping everyone engaged.
Excellent
Great
Service Manager (Former Employee), Tucker, GAMay 16, 2014
*Taking on cases from YP Sales Reps that handle the advertiser
directly.
*Sending off cases that were beyond my training to the proper
departments for completion .
*Following up with the other departments every 48hrs requesting
a status update on that case.
Lots of meetings; very low productivity
Senior Director - Architecture (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PA & Montreal, QC, CanadaApril 28, 2014
Many individual silo's within the business; Executive team had different agendas; and were not engaged in solving real business problems.
Phone Book Delivery
Product Development Corp (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 25, 2014
Typical day at work would be loading my car with phone books and head to my destination. Duties would be walking door to door dropping off phone books.
Challenging workplace with great coworkers
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, compensation, flexibility
Cons: stressful do less with more
The overall "feel" of the job was do less with more in a challenging environment. My co-workers were the best part of the job, always willing to help and teach when needed, and they were all very supportive.
hard work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 17, 2014
hard work great co workers, every single day, this is the place to be if you like to stay busy
Relaxed, fun work environment
Senior Specialist-Business Services (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, relaxed work environment.
The good: The work environment at YPG was great. The setting was very relaxed and casual, with the majority of employees being friendly and helpful.

The bad: My department, along with others, was eliminated due to a restructuring of the company. We were previously assured that we would have positions, and within a month an announcement was made that – more... we would in fact not have positions. We were given false hope that "new projects" or opportunities would become available. They were not. – less
Productive work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), PuneJanuary 3, 2014
I learned lot of new things that helps for my future.
I like learn new things.
Fine for entry level, can't do anything else with it.
Ad Production (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2013
Pros: casual dress code
Cons: low pay, poor leadership, not a "creative" environment
Typical day is get to your cube, clock-in, produce-produce-produce, clock-out. Generally the co-workers are pleasant. With a few exceptions, leadership (team seniors on up) is fairly unreliable. The hardest part is trying to produce the amount of ads at the expected quality. The amount seems to be the most important. This is just one of those places – more... where you get in and get out. No room for a career here. – less
Engaging and Productive
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
Pros: holidays off, and predictable work schedual
Cons: cubicle environment
Working for Yellow Pages Group has been an eye-opening opportunity. This was one of my first jobs in the design community and I am grateful for all the experience and skills that I have acquired with-in these past three years. Yellow Pages Group is a productive and engaging environment run and organized my hardworking and driven people. They have been – more... helpful and encouraging and working for them has benefited me as a designer. – less
Productive work environment
Distributor, Driver Helper (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: free transportation
Cons: lots of lifting and walking
I enjoyed working here its a great company which involves consumer services , time management and channeled my intra personal skills. i learned how to work in a fast paced environment whilst working with a deadline. management were kind to the workers
Good place to work to work
contract preparation specialist (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAOctober 15, 2013
Learned how to multi task in different departments. it is a good job overall
Many shortcuts
Contract Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Toa PayohSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: near my home
Cons: had to work saturdays
This was a freelance position so not much to be mentioned during my stint here. Just that the team was very helpful especially in the production department. I tend to like exploring this area and learnt much from the team.

A typical day here is the Sales team will deliver a stream of work requests from their clients and we are supposed to churn out – more... a layout as soon as possible for the sales team to pitch to their clients. Then once its done we convert the files to send to the art department for them to prep for print.

Not much of a hard part of the job as its typical in any design setup. Just readjusting to the way the office works and the many protocols to uphold.

Most enjoyable was the many break sessions we had .. we had a 45 min lunch and a 2 15min breaks in between. – less
great driving job
delivery man (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2013
routes were confusing had me duing extra driving around in circles, but you can work at your own pace.
Yellow Pages a great place to work
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: not being able to finish my carreer with this company
Overall i like Yellow Pages Group. I learned much about print media in my 4 years here with the company. The work and the people i worked with are a great group of people. I am always fascinated with the people i have met in my IT career. I have been lucky to have worked with some of the best and brightest people along the way.
Sadly the print media – more... business is going away and has been replaced with more and more digital solutions.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job will be not being able to work here with the people i have grown fond of over the years – less

About Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide – Read more

Yellow Pages Group Photos