Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Achieve a career in a creative design position where I can contribute my graphic design, creative, and technical skills
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I am able to work well under any environment and have strong creative skills. I have excellent Adobe CS skills as were used on a daily basis. I have worked on many projects requiring my attention on every aspect from coordinating the needs of the sales representatives and clients to final web production. I am able to understand the specific needs of – more... the client and produce the required results even under short deadlines – less
Overall work day is working in a high-volume, in-demand needs for the business
Production Support Analyst/Client Support Analyst (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PADecember 17, 2012
My Review is that the organization needs to engage more in current technology.
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making – more... money. – less
There was never any pressure.Only requested to have so many ads put in the system in a run of the day.
Data entry specialist (Former Employee), Saint John n.bOctober 2, 2012
Pros: for great attendance and you would receive free 15 mins breaks at the end of the month.
Cons: trying to figure out ads(prints)that customers requested.
Each day going to work was exciting for me. Management was great! My co-workers were really nice people.Very east to get along with.The hardest part of the job was understanding what different options that need to be added to a specific request customer wanted.At times that was a challenge. The whole day going into work was the most enjoyablw with all – more... honesty.Very bright and happy place to be. – less
Amazing work culture
Consumer Support Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2012
It's a great location with an amazing work culture, benefits are really good as well.
A fun workplace where company values are demonstrated and applied everyday
Payroll Specialist / HR Generalist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2012
Working for the Yellow Pages Group has allowed me to grow professionally and expand my knowledge in the Human Resources field.
My work specifically comprised of handling everything from payroll, compensation, benefits and all things related to HR for our US offices in Indiana and Pennsylvania. Yellow Pages even paid for my courses to better prepare – more... me for my job in regards to all the US rules and regulations with HR and Payroll.
Our management team was also excellent because they had 6 months and yearly evaluations with their teams. This allowed individuals to express their work and any issues they were having or areas which needed improvement.
I truly enjoyed the one on one time I had with my management team because it allowed me to show my comprehension and offer my opinion which later secure me a promotion within 4 months of my hire.
I have enjoyed my time at the Yellow Pages Group, and I know that the skills and knowledge which I have acquired there will only lead me to success for my next opportunity. – less
Great Company
Director Distribution (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 3, 2012
Awesome place to be, great management team and very interactive. All high performing people.
A very collaborative place to work
Great Products
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Aurora, OntarioAugust 28, 2012
Pros: home office
Cons: long hours
Great Products and Customer's. Fantastic online courses about Mobile, SEM, SEO and Social Media.
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
Pros: excellent compensation
Cons: lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided – more... the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives. – less
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee), BarrieAugust 10, 2012
Pros: good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons: high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......

August 21, 2012

If you were forced to leave the business, your attitude shows why. If you chose to leave, Great you clearly didn't believe in the transformation. Best of luck finding a company that provides a compensation plan as competitive as YP!

August 26, 2012

I appreciate an honest review. Honestly I've heard many similar unfavourable comments from employees. The stocks died! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK No need to make rude comments...idontknow?

Fun and challenging environment
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 26, 2012
Yellow Pages Group is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. YPG brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties.
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
Pros: tim hortons in the lobby
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like – more... a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group – less
Great place to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2014
Great environment and great people. Overall a magnificent company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 19, 2014
The mangers try to do a good job of keeping everyone engaged.
Excellent
Great
Service Manager (Former Employee), Tucker, GAMay 16, 2014
*Taking on cases from YP Sales Reps that handle the advertiser
directly.
*Sending off cases that were beyond my training to the proper
departments for completion .
*Following up with the other departments every 48hrs requesting
a status update on that case.
Lots of meetings; very low productivity
Senior Director - Architecture (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PA & Montreal, QC, CanadaApril 28, 2014
Many individual silo's within the business; Executive team had different agendas; and were not engaged in solving real business problems.
Phone Book Delivery
Product Development Corp (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 25, 2014
Typical day at work would be loading my car with phone books and head to my destination. Duties would be walking door to door dropping off phone books.
Challenging workplace with great coworkers
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, compensation, flexibility
Cons: stressful do less with more
The overall "feel" of the job was do less with more in a challenging environment. My co-workers were the best part of the job, always willing to help and teach when needed, and they were all very supportive.
hard work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 17, 2014
hard work great co workers, every single day, this is the place to be if you like to stay busy

About Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide – Read more

Yellow Pages Group Photos