The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for the development and implementation of occupational health policies, processes and services that promote attendance at work, workplace health and wellness. The Occupational Health Nurse will employ the principles of disability management to actively manage absences from work in consultation with the Employee Health Care Providers, Human Resources and Occupational Health and Safety to facilitate an early and safe return to work; communicate, coordinate and facilitate meetings with employees, managers and unions to implement effective return to work plans, and critically analyze documentation to esnure the valid use of sick benefit payments. In addition to ensuring legislative requirements related to accommodation and Human Rights are met, the Occupational Health Nurse will also develop and implement wellness strategies and health promotion and protection policies and programs to support staff well-being.
1. Completion of appropriate credentials in the field of disability management and/or Health and Safety; and completion of an approved registered nursing programme with current certificate of competence from the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario
2. Two (2) years documented experience in the role of an Occupational Health Nurse with a working knowledge of the principles of disability/absence management
3. Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate at all management levels and prepare detailed activity to work reports
4. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, both independently and in a team environment
5. Strong mediation and negotiating skills
6. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
7. Good oral and written English communication skills; fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin required
- Regular Travel between centres
Closing date: July 6, 2013 before 5:00pm
Please submit resume indicating job reference number before closing date to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources
Fax: (416) 321-9894 or E-mail
On line: www.yeehong.com
Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal reference check and medical clearance certificate
Yee Hong is a caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest quality of life. We raise the standard in long-term care and...