Yazaki Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MI1 August 2016
I could be getting paid more at other companies, but I would also hate my life. Salary isn't everything when it comes to work/life balance. I love my job and the people that work here. My manager genuinely cares about me and my development. Some positions here have a much more competitive salary, but they also work longer hours and have to deal with more stress.
Pros
People, work environment, managers and work/life balance
Cons
Nothing significant
It is much better that my previous positions but, not by much.
Laborer (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL14 May 2016
I work long hours checking auto parts for damages. I along with a partner either to work with me or check over my work. I learned that it is easier to get the job done faster in a team than working by yourself, you have to closely follow the correct procedure in order to make sure that all table workers are following the right methods for checking for car damages, and that the table workers have the right parts for their table by checking the "good job" number on the create to see if it is above the "good job" number on the work order sheet and if the part have the right serial number. The hardest part of the job is working with heavy auto parts. However, the most enjoyable part of the job for me is being able to constantly go at a steady pace without stopping as In work.
Pros
Friendly pepople, good pay
Cons
Waiting for work sometimes, schedule changes, silly rules
Productive and fun place
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  calamba, laguna2 October 2016
i have a good co workers on this company..a lot of experience and i have learn many things not only for my company..good experience for me..
Pros
free meal
Cons
Worst mistake I have ever made
Operator (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, mi17 June 2015
Management does not communicate well and makes assumptions daily! Favoritism is huge! Promotions are not given from work ethic nor education! Promotions are based on family and friends! Some family that's here were handed everything and don't have to work hard for anything and are still terrible at there job! I dare you to ask any employee on the floor how management treats the people on the floor! The hardest and best workers are talked down to daily! Work life balance for people on the floor is nonexistent! You want overtime you will be denied. You don't want overtime, you will be pestered everyday until you recieve a lecture on priorities! Then look at education levels in management on the floor! Fifth grade science teaches better reasoning skills!
Pros
Only for friends and family so smile big!
Cons
Terrible communication!!!!!
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune9 February 2016
Not a bad place , Good work culture but difficult to advance career wise. Co workers are good, People who are settled permanently .
Pros
Subsidized Stuff
Production
Electronic manufacturing Inc. (Former Employee) –  Yazaki philippines25 October 2016
Production operator of Electronics Manufacturing Incorporated (EMI). EMI is wiring harness wire of car like Toyota, corolla, lexus and more car in Japan product.
Pros
Free rice
Cons
Short break
Wonderful job, terrible management.
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL30 January 2015
I loved my actual job and the tasks I completed each day. They were challenging at times and always a different situation each day. However, the immediate management of this company is terrible, unskilled and uneducated management lead to a hostile work environment and verbal harassment. Furthermore they rarely hire people permanently and will work them through a temporary staffing agency for years with no benefits.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Working late nights and weekends, terrible management.
very stressful and aggressive environment
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  TN16 October 2015
worst job experience ever. The team will not welcome you if you are new and you don't know any of them before hand. They pick favorite and you will feel left out. They will help you when ask but will talk behind your back. It's very hard to make friends or work with anybody because everyone has their own friend there. Managers expect way too much and don't have time to help you. If you work here, then prepare to throw your life away.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
workload too heavy with little management help
PRODUCTION ENGINEER
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  BOGOTA COLOMBIA10 June 2012
• Organize and manage the area where the products(wires) joined with the general planning schedule.
• Control of employee productivity
• Control quality of the final products
• Management of indicators to control all the supply waste and the productivity
• Standardization of jobs through the Japanese philosophy MOTO (5”S)
• Analysis an improvement of unsafe conduct in the cutting and assembly areas , utilizing the rapid response method.
• Conduct a study of time and movements to determine the number of machines required by demand in the secondary area of join wires.
• Perform the instructional work of some machines, taking into account industrial safety.
Pros
very good technology
Cons
long hours of working
a great job loved it
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Canton, MI6 April 2014
you work as a group each person has a different job to do on the product. lots of opportunity for promotions and overtime. they paid good and decent raises.
Pros
they reward your skill and willingness to work
Cons
none that i can think of
productive and fun workplace with a employees
Pk Manager Operator (Former Employee) –  Makiling calamba laguna27 May 2015
yes, because typical day at work in yazaki.
learn to my work in yazaki ,computer and any position in production.
management in yazaki-torres
my co-workers is a good workers.
yes i am hardest my job in yazaki.
yes, enjoy to my job in co-workers ,supervisor and any employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Lead
lead, I monitored3-9 people daily (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN17 April 2015
On a average work day, we inspected car parts and made changes when needed. I learned how to be a better leader and learned the key value of being a lead. Management was not so friendly or people friendly, but over all it was a good company to work for.
Not a very good company to work for
Quality Cpntrol Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tamworth20 December 2012
Had to manually empty wooden crates full of wiring harnesses and check for defaults and correct any faults found. Management ha no concern for your safety as deadly poisonous spiders occasionally came out of the crates such as the black widow spider. Management didn't care and nothing was ever done about it. The co-workers were the best part of the job as everyone pulled together as a team.
Pros
workmates
Cons
management
Overall this company was a decent place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH11 February 2013
The job itself is decent but the pay was'nt what I needed. I got along with people, a typical day was unloading trucks and loading trucks and I performed various other task thoughout the day.
Pros
the consistent hours
Cons
some of the management and it was through a temporary service.
japanese-filipino company
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Calamba,Phlippines16 March 2014
its a very big automotive company, which join by Filipino and Japanese business man.Were doing is same production it was process for the wiring harness for engine of the vehicle, our-model running is Toyota rav 4,it a friendly company everyone has the chance to be train in japan because they have also the company in japan.Everything is so nice and kind, we have yearly celebrating the festival every April each of the section must have the leader to represent to fight for every challenge there also awarding for that, the environment is very clean Japanese is very strict and very focus in organizing all the rules,you need to follow otherwise you will terminate or out to company.
Pros
free shuttle bus, free food, free uniform, health care.
Cons
8 hours plus over time with pay.
Descipline and good employers motivation
Method technician (Current Employee) –  bizerte18 February 2014
The typical day at work is tuesday
I learned historical books
organized management
team working staff very good relation-ship
create and modify the plug assembly
analyze new components and assure the starting of upcoming projects
Pros
ponctuel
Cons
no challenge
fun but very hard job
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  imus cavite Philippines22 April 2014
12 hour everyday
i learn how to give importance to other
very cooperative
co-workers funny and hardworking
my department is very hot,i'm getting sweat everyday,its cause my sickness
most enjoyable i receive my salary weekly
Pros
free foods
Cons
open hours
Typical Auto Supplier
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MI6 May 2013
Very typical Japanese Auto Supplier. Culture does not promote top talent, but rather longevity and loyalty to one company.
Great place to work at
Design Release engineer (Current Employee) –  canton MI21 July 2015
Working in the automotive industry is enjoyable, I work with new designs and technology every day. Yazaki is a nice and enjoyable place to work at very professional environment.
Tier 1 product engineer on wiring, and various clips, trough, grommets, brackets
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI19 September 2014
Initially accepted a position with Chrysler- Acustar manufacturing division for wiring assemblies. That division was eventually purchased by Yazaki. As a mechanical engineer converted over to the component development aspects on the clips, troughs, grommets, brackets that were part of the main harness assembly. Enjoyed learning the basics of injection molding, stamping, extrusions, material selections, testing, validations, etc...