Yankee Candle Company

Yankee Candle Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great retail company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 3, 2013
At YANKEE CANDLE CO. I was responsible for meeting daily sales goals. I learned the retail work environment which was a very grea learning experience. The manager of the store at the time had walked out. As a result, corporate had stepped in for a while to manage the store (I was hired by them). The rules were very strict which was not an issue for – more... me being I am a professional person at all times. – less
Great atmoshphere
Candle Maker (Former Employee), Deerfield, MANovember 25, 2013
Great team work, respect each other. I enjoyed the pizza party used to have every two weeks if we come up with no accidents within z specific days.
Super Smell
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Awesome place. I loved being there with all the wonderful smells. The people who come in looking for a smell often had a memory to go with it. Even during the holidays it was an awesome place to be.
Productive, but very slow.
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 15, 2013
Managed to get a lot of tasks done,not very busy with customers.
great place to work. fun work enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PANovember 15, 2013
Pros: great bonuses and discounts
Cons: short breaks
Could go from zero to sixty being busy. Had the greatest coworkers ever. Learned alot about candles and other home fragrancing items. Cant say there was a hard part of the job. I enjoyed everyday there.
good communiation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: awesome employee discount
Cons: so many candles to move around for displays
Stocking , greeting customers helping them find what they need moving and changing up displays.
Great company with the best candles made in the U S
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 13, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: no weekends off
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, great pay, You can learn as you go and good training.
Fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2013
There are two main shifts within this company. On an opening shift, the manager arrives, prepares daily paperwork, writes emails, counts the safe, and make sure the store is visually ready to open. As a manager you do manage up to six employees. When you close, it is the duty of the manager to make sure registers are counted, prepare daily deposit, – more... and make sure store is fully stocked for the next morning. – less
Aways fun to work with candles and smell them
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 11, 2013
I have learn how to open and close a store, how handle money right, learn how to be a manager and manage coworkers.
creative and fun place to work
Display artist/ visual merchandiser (Current Employee), Deerfield, MANovember 4, 2013
A great place to work. In a typical day we design and build displays that help to promote the product and that helps to create an atmosphere that is appealing to the customer.
Rewarding job with excellent benefits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2013
Pros: customers, products, discount.
Cons: parking at the mall.
Our store was always busy. Customers love the products from Yankee Candle and were very loyal. This was a great company to work for. The compensation and benefits were excellent and the employee discount was incredible.
Job
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Ft Myers Fl Edison MallOctober 8, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: no breaks*-poor managment
Manager not very supportive schedule was always last minute
But co workers were great and great discounts on candles
For a seasonal job it was ok, this was many years ago so hopefully things have changed
Should have had night stockers not trying to handle customers and put away stock small store back room was an accident waiting to happen
Enjoyable place to work
First Assistant Manager, Retail (Current Employee), Bridgewater NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: bonus incentives, discounts with partnered businesses, health benefits.
I love working with the public and helping them make their lives a bit easier. At Yankee Candle, the average customer is looking for ways to make their home smell good or they may be looking for the ideal gift. It's most busy during the holidays, so the biggest challenge is trying to give customers equal time and equal service.
Very nice place to work...smells good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: discount on candles
Cons: no real raises even when they're deserved
The team that I worked with was a great group of people, all of whom I remain friends.
The hardest part of the job was picking out a candle because they all smell terrific.
I learned a lot about how they are made and the folks who make them
The way upper management treats employees is not the way I would
amazing employees, fun, great discounts!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marlborough, MASeptember 16, 2013
Yankee Candle was my favorite job. However, that's all it would ever be for me. I did not see the potential to grow, and the pay is minimum wage. If I was able to make more money, or consume more hours, I would have worked there my whole life. It's a great job while you're in high school.
Its a great place to purchase gifts!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: getting to learn about the products and writing reviews on them!
Cons: never get more then ten hrs a week.
The average day consisted of greeting the customers trying to add on items to there purchases. cashing customers out, stocking and maintaining the stores appearance. I learned alot about candles, as far as trimming wicks and the care required to keep your candles burning properly so they last. I also learned how working as a team is really a good asset – more... to a company. Working together typically makes the day go by faster and completing tasks together. Management was strong at Yankee Candle. I liked the feed back that they were still equals. You could develop a proper business friendship. My co workers were very awesome they trained me well and always offered to work together. The hardest part was only working ten hrs a week and that your performance goes off what u "add on" not your over all determination and amount of tasks you complete. The best part of this job was all the really nice products and personable attitudes. I love the products and what I learned working there. – less
A Normal Day
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Holyoke, MASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great team and staff to work for.
Cons: working alone at times.
Would check the daily status numbers and when a new sales associated would come in have their 1 minutes meeting with them letting them know how the day has gone and what was planned for the day. Help stock the selfs and sale product through out the day. Check hour reports to see how we are doing for the day. Start to check on daily closing task. Then – more... start the closing tasks as work with customers and proceed through out the rest of the night. After store closes print out closing paper work and close down the registers. Drop money for the bank in the morning. – less
Good company overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good employee discount, great co-workers
Cons: store could have been run better
Over the company was great to work for. The other associates were great to work with as well as a good district manger. The hardest part of the job was working with a manger who did not communicate properly to the staff. Other than that it was a great place to work.
Great Customer service and a tight knit work place.
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Johnson City. New YorkAugust 22, 2013
Pros: try out new candles for free.
Cons: only two people can be considered "full time".
A typical day at Yankee Candle is all about providing the best customer service ever. They have a 100% guarantee, which makes it easier to make the customer happy. I would ASAP the customer discover their needs and show them new products. I would also try to "save the sale" when they would return items. When customer are not in the store, I usually – more... am setting tables to new planograms, filling, doing resets, inventory, making schedules, training the associates on customer service and new product knowledge, and trying to make sure we are making our goals for the day. I would also call customers about upcoming sales and events. I have learned from my manager how to delegate tasks, work efficiently, and provide the best customer service. My co workers are fantastic. They are hard working, easy to get along with, and execute daily and new tasks in an effective manner. We encourage one another and work through hard times well. – less
Very customer service oriented
Second assistant manager and sales associate (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: great discount
Cons: unsteady/fluctuating work schedule
This is a very customer oriented company that stays loyal to their customers and prioritizes their satisfaction. Training is taught hands on and step by step. It is an overall happy environment.

About Yankee Candle Company

While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their – Read more

Yankee Candle Company Photos