Yankee Candle Company

Yankee Candle Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: small store.
Cons: short breaks, busy mall.
This store taught me most of the things I needed to know about retail, despite having worked it numerous times before. Although I did enjoy my time there, for the most part, I was in disagreement with the management for my particular store. I enjoyed everyone else I worked with.

The best part of the job was the down time with my coworkers.
The hardest – more... part was trying to play two roles. – less
great people
Cashier (Former Employee), williamsburg vaJanuary 13, 2014
loved the shops within they had all types of shops in the building
overall a nice place to work
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield,MAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: work life balance-advancement
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great productive workplace especially around the holidays!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: all associates receive a 50% discount on any scented product!
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consists of assisting almost every customer, working the cashier, stocking candles, and unloading shipment. It was a fun paced job. During my time there I learned how to build a relationship with regular customers as well as compliment different fragrances with other scents as needed for the customer. The hardest part of the job – more... was trying to help every customer with their specific needs and that was also the enjoyable part of the job as well. When I know what I'm doing at a job I stick with it and it becomes enjoyable to me not just another task. – less
The most pleasant smelling environment to work in.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: 50% off discount on all fragrances
Yankee Candle had the best training program I have ever had at any job I have worked at. I gained so much valuable information to help me with my job.

Everyone was very pleasant to work with, the guests were easy to communicate with because we all had something in common--our love of Yankee Candles.

The hardest part of the job was when business was – more... slow and there was no clean up, restocking to do. It's very tiring doing nothing while waiting for guests to arrive. – less
An all around great company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2013
Worked here for 9+ years and really like the company. Hardest part is the hours can sometimes be daunting and you don't get to spend quality time with your family.
Newer copany with great promontion growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood Colorado and Laguna CalifornisDecember 22, 2013
Yankee Candle gave me the opportunity to channel in my customer service skills in a specialty retail environment. This job helped me grow my one on one selling skills.
Fast paced job and great co-workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Rochester hills, MichiganDecember 4, 2013
Yankee Candle is a great company. I learned a lot about management, budgets, displays and money management.
Great retail company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 3, 2013
At YANKEE CANDLE CO. I was responsible for meeting daily sales goals. I learned the retail work environment which was a very grea learning experience. The manager of the store at the time had walked out. As a result, corporate had stepped in for a while to manage the store (I was hired by them). The rules were very strict which was not an issue for – more... me being I am a professional person at all times. – less
Great atmoshphere
Candle Maker (Former Employee), Deerfield, MANovember 25, 2013
Great team work, respect each other. I enjoyed the pizza party used to have every two weeks if we come up with no accidents within z specific days.
Super Smell
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Awesome place. I loved being there with all the wonderful smells. The people who come in looking for a smell often had a memory to go with it. Even during the holidays it was an awesome place to be.
Productive, but very slow.
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 15, 2013
Managed to get a lot of tasks done,not very busy with customers.
great place to work. fun work enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PANovember 15, 2013
Pros: great bonuses and discounts
Cons: short breaks
Could go from zero to sixty being busy. Had the greatest coworkers ever. Learned alot about candles and other home fragrancing items. Cant say there was a hard part of the job. I enjoyed everyday there.
good communiation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: awesome employee discount
Cons: so many candles to move around for displays
Stocking , greeting customers helping them find what they need moving and changing up displays.
Great company with the best candles made in the U S
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 13, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: no weekends off
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, great pay, You can learn as you go and good training.
Fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2013
There are two main shifts within this company. On an opening shift, the manager arrives, prepares daily paperwork, writes emails, counts the safe, and make sure the store is visually ready to open. As a manager you do manage up to six employees. When you close, it is the duty of the manager to make sure registers are counted, prepare daily deposit, – more... and make sure store is fully stocked for the next morning. – less
Aways fun to work with candles and smell them
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 11, 2013
I have learn how to open and close a store, how handle money right, learn how to be a manager and manage coworkers.
creative and fun place to work
Display artist/ visual merchandiser (Current Employee), Deerfield, MANovember 4, 2013
A great place to work. In a typical day we design and build displays that help to promote the product and that helps to create an atmosphere that is appealing to the customer.
Rewarding job with excellent benefits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2013
Pros: customers, products, discount.
Cons: parking at the mall.
Our store was always busy. Customers love the products from Yankee Candle and were very loyal. This was a great company to work for. The compensation and benefits were excellent and the employee discount was incredible.
Job
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Ft Myers Fl Edison MallOctober 8, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: no breaks*-poor managment
Manager not very supportive schedule was always last minute
But co workers were great and great discounts on candles
For a seasonal job it was ok, this was many years ago so hopefully things have changed
Should have had night stockers not trying to handle customers and put away stock small store back room was an accident waiting to happen

About Yankee Candle Company

While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their – Read more

Yankee Candle Company Photos