Yankee Candle Company

Yankee Candle Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Yankee Candle has been a great expierence
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: awesome fragrance
Cons: short breaks
I love my job because we are like a family there. We know each others strengths and weaknesses. We pick each other up to keep the work flow going. Its a very happy place to work.
Second Assistant Manager
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJNovember 4, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great product and assisting the guests with there selection and I really enjoyed the paper work required with position as Second Assistant Manager.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTNovember 3, 2014
A great environment for someone just out of school and in need of a job. Hours are great depending on availability, must be able to lift at least 30lbs and must be willing to dive deep into the atmosphere of America's Best Loved Candle.
Lack of Support
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJOctober 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: long hrs
Lack of support from District manager. Loved the products and discount. A typical day would be alone in the store for 5 hrs or more. Managers are expected to work way past 40 hrs a week with no compensation.
Productive and Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: friendly team environment
Cons: retail, not enough hours
A typical day at work at Yankee Candle consisted of interacting with customers, general up-keeping of the store, entering our sales numbers into a spreadsheet, and keeping stock. From working at Yankee, I learned how to dedicate myself to a company and a job position. I loved going to work everyday and seeing what each new day brought us. At Yankee, we were family, with the manager as our mother.I would say the people I worked with were the best part of the job, and the hardest would be taking inventory! It was hard to keep count of every candle in the store while maintaining excellent customer service. Chances are that if Yankee offered more hours and pay, along with it fitting into my schedule with school and personal priorities, I would still be employed with this company.
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 19, 2014
yankee candle is a great place to work, great customers and a very fun job, I had great co workers there.
Very steady workflow. Excellent Management
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Topanga PlazaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great discounts on store and company products
Cons: not always busy
Great product. Excellent Management and Team. Not always busy , but when it is busy, sales are amazing. The hardest part of the job is convincing the customer why our product is worth the price.
the smells were wonderful, great product
Store Manager (Former Employee), Geneva, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: got a discount and you got to see the new products first
Cons: no time for breaks
Enjoyable, great customers who shared ideas, schedule was great, it felt like Christmas everyday. You were allowed to help every customer and given the opportunity to make them happy.
I love my staff and my guests
Assistant Manger/ Store Manager (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: employee discount and the flex spending match
Cons: district managers that play favorites
However, the company does not look into its Distrct managers and pay attention to the things they are doing. Favorites are definately played. My overall plan was to never leave the company, but I had to move 300 miles to get a promotion. I learned my integrity is the most improtant thing I have. I loves helping guests find everything they wanted and needed. Hardest part of the job was letting someone go for not performing to standards.
Stressful at times, fun, educational
Store Manager (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 23, 2014
Management can be " all over the place" not on the same page and other times it can be a great place to work. Senior management was very condescending at times, unappreciative of hard work.

Co-workers for the most part were supportive OR they could stab you in the back. The most difficult part of the job was the secret shops. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a cohesive team that supported each other and enjoyed the work.
Good Company that is growing
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Whately, MASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free produce
Cons: work / life balance
Hours 8am-4:30pm
Project Management / Purchasing / Negotiations
Coworkers mostly good
Managing through Infrastructure
Warm and inviting place you want to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, CTSeptember 9, 2014
Working for Yankee Candle was comfortable and slow paced. You could always find something to do between assisting a guest or stocking and fixing shelves. I learned so much about Yankee Candle products. I gained knowledge on how to cleanly burn a candle without a yucky mess. Also, I was amused by the different types of ways you can bring fragrance anywhere. Yankee Candle has so many products from burning a regular candle to using a plug-in and so much more. The people I worked with were great. Was always a joy working in the Farmington, CT store. The hardest part of the day was if we had to do a floor reset. And those were pretty frequent. The thing I enjoyed most about working for Yankee Candle was the customers. Whenever I helped a customer find what they wanted and they left in a happy mood, I felt happy.
Great product low wages
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: extremely generous discount
Cons: very low pay
Yankee Candle was a great company to work for. They give an extremely generous discount and I loved seeing all the new and unique fragrances come in. The pay however is terrible. It was minimum wage and I had a lot of previous retail experience, management even. However the weekly pay was nice as there aren't many retailers that pay weekly anymore.
Friendly work enviornment with high-quality product.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours spent alone with short breaks.
Yankee candle is a very friendly work place. The employees are helpful and knowledgable. The management team is well-trained, and efficient. All the employees are friendly. The hardest part of the job are the number of hours spent alone in the store. The most enjoyable part would be setting the displays in the store.
typical Day
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2014
-Managing day to day operations of the store
- Scheduling, interviewing, and employee reviews
- Cash handling, bank deposits, and financial reports.
-Responsible for inventory control
-Store resets and training and maintaining staff
Great Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Landover, MDAugust 12, 2014
Pros: half off candles
Cons: lots of set up's
I love this company. They kept staff happy. Great tplace to develop customer sservice skills
Organized and fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pearland, TXAugust 6, 2014
Monday's and Wednesday's are the most typical days at Yankee Candle because, it's not a much of a busy day. The management for when I first started working there was good but as soon as she got fired things with the new manger starting going downhill. I learned a lot while I was working like really learning how to work with costumers and have better communication. Probably the most stressful and hardest part of my job was shipment because, it was tiring a takes forever to complete. Therefore I love my co-workers and my job all at the same time.
Basic Retail Job
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: customers and coworkers
Cons: district managment
I learned all the basic retail skills and progressed to 2nd assistant manager while also going to school and work for a short time another or (2nd job). I worked with a wonderful bunch of co workers and had some great times there. However District Management wasn't very sympathetic and connected to their workers.
Fun company to work for
Assistant Manager/Training Sponsor (Former Employee), sterling heights, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great discount, fun, friendly, postive environment
Cons: general management was terrible
I loved my time at Yankee Candle. My immediate supervisor was wonderful and so were all the assistant managers. They really cared and made the job fun. The only issue was the general manager who was extremely mean and unprofessional.
A verticle integrated company with many different career opportunities.
Employee (Current Employee), South Deerfield, MAJuly 22, 2014
A good place to work with supportive peers and management. The company believes in promoting from within, which is apparent with an excellent Learning & Development department.

About Yankee Candle Company

While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their – Read more

Yankee Candle Company Photos