Yankee Candle Company

Yankee Candle Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a great company to work for
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), South Deerfield, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Discounts
Cons: No advancement
I loved working here for 13 years and only left because of lack of advancement and low pay. They thrived to be the best at what they did and they are.
Better Under Different Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hershey PAJune 17, 2015
Enjoyed working with the other sales associates; however, store manager was not nice. Not willing to work with my school schedule, always pushed problems on employees rather than owning up to the mistake. Overall not the greatest experience.
The people make the place
Customer Channel Marketing Manager (Current Employee), South Deerfield, MAJune 15, 2015
At Yankee, the people make the job "home". The corporate culture is unmatched in any other work environment I have been in. When the going gets tough, employees stick together and pull each other through. They truly become family.
very discrimative on age
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), elmira new yorkJune 4, 2015
very discrimative on age, had a chance to promote deserved the job and worked very hard for it but didn't get it because I was too young per the dm.
My fun experience at Yankee Candle
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
I loved coming in to work from the hectic drive . As soon as you opened the doors the fresh scents & different aroma's of the candles would hit your nostrils and you can't help but breathe them in.. It makes customers want to linger longer than they need to. I learned of so many different scents, products and usages in the store. I learned how they are made, how to cut the wick properly etc. Working with the Managers was easy & enjoyable. My co-workers were hard workers and team players so that we not only completed our tasks, we also had fun helping each other. I don't believe there was any hard part of the job. It all came natural. The most enjoyable part of the job was Christmastime . Everybody it seemed from the Pocono';s & other states bustled in and enjoyed buying gifts be it candles, tea lights,holders, votives, air freshners etc, and were so full of the holiday spirit it was in the air and contagiously delightful.
Fun, fast paced retail environment focused on guest services.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: company gave bonuses and rewards for meeting goals
Cons: worked mall hours for retail work
Energetic workplace focused on giving excellent guest services. Great place to meet new people and build workplace relationships with returning guests.
Very fun company
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 29, 2015
Everyone knows everyone. Which is really nice because you have a huge support team. The people are very friendly and fun.
Very fun work environment, Wonderful customers, Variety of Products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: Candle discounts, Great Customers, Easy job
Cons: Management, Lack of hours
Yankee Candle is a fun place to work at. You get used to all the smells in the store after awhile but the customers are almost always happy to be there. Only few customers have had complaints about the product. Management at this store was not so great. The assistant managers were very friendly and helped a lot during training. The hardest part of the job is not breaking the candles. Which is pretty easy, actually. The most enjoyable part of this job is smelling and selling the candles.
was nice working at yankee candle
Candle Maker (Former Employee), Deerfield, MAMay 29, 2015
it was nice learned how to make candle, wonderful co-workers .I did liked working for Yankee candle nice managers the most enjoyable part of the job was making candles it was very nice.
smell the seasons :)
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILMay 27, 2015
loved working here because of the fragrances but over all was kind of boring. the customers were great and the way the business was run was amazing. but lack of variety in products really was a let down.
Good company, but needs better employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMay 22, 2015
When I first started with this company I very much so enjoyed it. My manager was very understanding of my personal life, being I was planning my wedding and having a young child. My DM at the time was sometimes very rude to not only me but the other employees. The DM always had a way of making employees feel less than approved and could easily hurt feelings. I feel like the DM could have helped more on a training aspect with personality rather than yelling at employees and making them feel unnerved. Holiday season was SO MUCH FUN. The customers that we had where there for a reason and it was always fun to help the customer decorate their home without even being it their home! The reason I left this company was because I was offered the 1st Assistant Manager's position and accepted, but the next day (after being offered the position) they had already hired somebody for the position I accepted? I felt very betrayed at that time. I was then offered a better offer with another company and decided to start a new path that I currently LOVE. Over all this company is a very good company, and I'm glad that I had the chance to learn and grow from them.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), S Deerfield, MAMay 22, 2015
I enjoyed my job at Yankee Candle. I have had ample opportunities in this company. I started as a Temp and was hired by the company and worked my way up to Forklift operator.
Slower Days come and go, very productive!
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Super busy in the 3rd and 4th quarters
Cons: lots of unboxing!
This is a great company to work for with great benefits. There is usually always something to do no matter the day i.e. cleaning, stocking, new displays, etc.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 14, 2015
Pros: understanding, benefits, compensation
Cons: didn't agree with some of mandatory goals.
Yankee taught me numerous things, but most of all patience and communication. I've learned how to balance personal with career.
Yankee Candle Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Millbury, MAMay 10, 2015
Yankee Candle Company was interesting to work out. It had it's days of slow or fast. On an average day, we would have quiet a few customers. Have a few customers at a time taught me time management and how to communicate with customers better. The management and co-workers would help out a lot when there was too many customers for myself to handle. The hardest part of my job was making sure that none of the candles got broken between the time of receiving shipment and the customers purchase. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the enjoyment the customers had for the products and buying the candles.
Great place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New Philadelphia, OHMay 1, 2015
I love working for this company. Upper management is always extremely helpful and stores within your district are always willing to help other stores to create a common good.
Good Experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), BluewaterApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good Socialization
Cons: Not a great deal of free time.
A typical day at work consists of customer service, product knowledge, knowledge of promotions and offers, till duties, general housekeeping, merchandising, replenishing stock, unpacking and sorting deliveries, gift-wrapping and opening and closing store.
wonderful
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 9, 2015
amazing place to work. the product was a luxury and people didn't need it, so that meant that it was a challenge to sale. sales of luxury items still sold at large quantities.
Tight Knit Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: small store
Cons: seasonal position, hard to get part-time
I loved working in such a small store, it allowed me to interact with customers and connect with them. It allowed the stores’ sales goals to be easily planned and talked about. This made management run smooth and the learning curve for myself and others to increase.
Fantastic environment to work
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newport, RIApril 3, 2015
The people truly make this a fun place to work. On the retail side you feel pushy trying to almost force guests to buy something and not allow them to view items at their own pace.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yankee Candle Company

While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their – Read more

Yankee Candle Company Photos