Yankee Candle Company

Yankee Candle Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Small Fun Work Enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 31, 2015
Working at Yankee Candle was my best job experience so far! I met a lot of great customer and learned a lot about customer interaction.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Newington, NHMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, fun job.
Cons: Secret shoppers, hard to go corporate.
Yankee Candle is an easy going place to work at. They make working in retail more fun than it usually is. The product is amazing which makes it even more easier to sell. The customers that come in usually know what they like and what they want. The only issue with the company is that they don't have some of their priorities straight. Such as, they have secret shoppers and the criteria that you are supposed to meet while being "shopped" is next to impossible and they take them very seriously.
Great company to work for, room to expand job possibilities
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMarch 26, 2015
The work culture is full of willing to learn and improve, employees.
Management is always willing to help, very flexible with hours and tasks, always easily approachable.
Hardest part of the job is working around the many employees availabilities and scheduling.
Most enjoyable is the work force. All employees get along and mesh well, ideas are always open for discussion and improvement is every evolving.
good for a few extre bucks during season
sales associate (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMarch 24, 2015
It's a nice quiet cushy job but you can't expect to support yourself or be promoted. Also good luck getting more than a few hours a week.
Great place , friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warrington paMarch 22, 2015
I love my job. i learned alot about candles and how to help customers pick something that's right for them. I love my co-workers they all work really hard and well together. It's really a team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is probably when we get difficult customers that are never satisfied no matter what we do. The management is great they are fair and protective of their employees and help them to learn the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is being one of the best stores in the company.
Fun place to work
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2015
Pros: work life balance, great benefits
Cons: sometimes no break
I love working at Yankee Candle. They offer an exceptional work life balance for a retail company. The work can be intense at times, but if you are a people person, it is perfect!
Very difficult work enviornment. Limited payroll hours.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 20, 2015
A very difficult work environment. Limited payroll hours so the manager must work alone often for 8 or more hours. No breaks even to go to the bathroom or have lunch. No work life balance. Often spend personal time getting required tasks completed. Earned vacation time denied due to staffing or company blackout time.
Seasonal work was a great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 18, 2015
It was a great place to work. Unfortunately, it's not a career type of job so I needed to look for something that was full time and something for stable for my future. I had a lot of fun working at Yankee Candle, my co workers and managers were awesome.
I love the product and enjoy the staff I work with very much
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 13, 2015
My responsibilities requiring opening or closing the store and filling out paper work/monies depending upon the time of my shift. I greet and enjoy the customers that we have and assist them in purchasing items. I have learned quite a lot about the product and the company. I find management is overwhelmed with pushing sales for the highest average dollar sale and that sometimes interferes with the maintaining of payroll for all workers to enhance the quality of customer service. My co-workers are smart and fun young associates. The hardest part of my job is dealing the the bureaucracy of some of the district/regional demands. The most enjoyable part of the job are the associates I work with and the customers.
Interacting with customers, always a pleasure
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 13, 2015
Pros: interacting with the public
Cons: no benefits
It was a fun job, however not much room for advancement. The hours were minimal. I gained a lot of product knowledge which was essential to providing excellent customer service.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 11, 2015
I would come in, and get to work on projects that needed to be done. including but not limited to, stocking, moving shipment/signing in shipment. Cleaning, setting displays ect.

I learned alot about customer care, and candles.

Management was okay, no room to move up from part time, and after I left my friends said that they got their hours cut drastically.

My coworkers were amazing.

The hardest part of the job was the state of the store. The store was chaotic for the most part. (Not customer wise, but management and product wise)

I loved stocking and interacting with customers. I brought alot of people back.
exceptional company to work for
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), South Deerfield, MAMarch 11, 2015
Stimulating and rewarding. There was a real team effort from your co-workers. This company always treated their empolyees well. Most everyday was a pleasure to work in this environment.
slow paced, easy going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranston, Rhode islandMarch 7, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: busy time during the holidays
A typical work day includes ringing out customer's transactions, stocking all the shelves, and helping all the customers find what they are looking for. I've learned that customer service can be fun. My management was very nice. The hardest part of the job was around the holidays. Things got very busy and very hectic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the down time.
Quality merchandise, out of date systems.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Pros: quality merchandise
Cons: operating systems very outdated
Although quality merchandise, they were unfortunately behind the times in regard to their operating systems and training.
Having been in retail for over 20 years, I found this company to utilize out dated operating systems and was in need of streamlining procedures for more effective time management. The initial training was very thorough, but had little to no follow up.
I enjoyed selling the product and working with the customers, however upon reporting suspicious behavior by some of the employees, I found little support from a corporate level.
Fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great work place
Cons: nights/weekends, hard to have a family life.
I have enjoyed my time spent at Yankee Candle and working in retail over the years. It gives you opportunity to build relationships with customers and not only that, I have seen huge growth in myself. Working with fellow employees and district managers have given me so much intake on professional and personal growth and im thankful to of had the opportunity to work with such a amazing group of people and for such a valuable company. I have discovered here recently that I am at the point in my life that I would like a more stable schedule being as I am a single mother and the retail life can sometimes be hard working late nights and weekends. I have been seeking change and now is the time!!
I have been in school for a degree in medical office management and I would love to pursue a career in a medical office setting. Sad to leave my fellow co workers as we have created such a bond and even my customers but I do realize that change is important in life and I am ready to better myself and my sons life.
A great product to work with everyday, you create personal relationships through fragrance.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great product, good hours
Cons: not enough payroll, a lot of floor set requirements
I loved working for this company, we were always staying busy with tasks and had new opportunities to challenge ourselves. I loved the product and still own quite a bit to this day, this company was definitely on my top jobs list. :)
Fun as long as you get along with management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Meriden CtFebruary 17, 2015
I noticed that a lot of growth within the company only happens if you have it good with the higher ups. Training is done via outdated video tape and a few hours on the register. Ive noticed a lot of theft going on within the company that is ignored.
productive, mellow workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Freehold, NJFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoy working at Yankee Candle. It has given me the opportunity to learn and grow within my workplace. I can also interact with customers and receive feedback from regular shoppers.
Easy job that pays okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rhode IslandFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: short shifts
Cons: no breaks
A typical shift is working with costumers helping them find various things they need in the store. Working the register, and handling money. You also spend a good amount of time cleaning, and organizing, and restocking the store.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), South Deerfield, MAFebruary 2, 2015
Working there was a fun job and the people there were amazing. felt like we were family working together to beat expatiations and records.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yankee Candle Company

While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their – Read more

Yankee Candle Company Photos