Yankee Candle Company

Yankee Candle Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company, but needs better employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMay 22, 2015
When I first started with this company I very much so enjoyed it. My manager was very understanding of my personal life, being I was planning my wedding and having a young child. My DM at the time was sometimes very rude to not only me but the other employees. The DM always had a way of making employees feel less than approved and could easily hurt feelings. I feel like the DM could have helped more on a training aspect with personality rather than yelling at employees and making them feel unnerved. Holiday season was SO MUCH FUN. The customers that we had where there for a reason and it was always fun to help the customer decorate their home without even being it their home! The reason I left this company was because I was offered the 1st Assistant Manager's position and accepted, but the next day (after being offered the position) they had already hired somebody for the position I accepted? I felt very betrayed at that time. I was then offered a better offer with another company and decided to start a new path that I currently LOVE. Over all this company is a very good company, and I'm glad that I had the chance to learn and grow from them.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), S Deerfield, MAMay 22, 2015
I enjoyed my job at Yankee Candle. I have had ample opportunities in this company. I started as a Temp and was hired by the company and worked my way up to Forklift operator.
Slower Days come and go, very productive!
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Super busy in the 3rd and 4th quarters
Cons: lots of unboxing!
This is a great company to work for with great benefits. There is usually always something to do no matter the day i.e. cleaning, stocking, new displays, etc.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 14, 2015
Pros: understanding, benefits, compensation
Cons: didn't agree with some of mandatory goals.
Yankee taught me numerous things, but most of all patience and communication. I've learned how to balance personal with career.
Yankee Candle Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Millbury, MAMay 10, 2015
Yankee Candle Company was interesting to work out. It had it's days of slow or fast. On an average day, we would have quiet a few customers. Have a few customers at a time taught me time management and how to communicate with customers better. The management and co-workers would help out a lot when there was too many customers for myself to handle. The hardest part of my job was making sure that none of the candles got broken between the time of receiving shipment and the customers purchase. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the enjoyment the customers had for the products and buying the candles.
Great place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New Philadelphia, OHMay 1, 2015
I love working for this company. Upper management is always extremely helpful and stores within your district are always willing to help other stores to create a common good.
Good Experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), BluewaterApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good Socialization
Cons: Not a great deal of free time.
A typical day at work consists of customer service, product knowledge, knowledge of promotions and offers, till duties, general housekeeping, merchandising, replenishing stock, unpacking and sorting deliveries, gift-wrapping and opening and closing store.
wonderful
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 9, 2015
amazing place to work. the product was a luxury and people didn't need it, so that meant that it was a challenge to sale. sales of luxury items still sold at large quantities.
Tight Knit Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: small store
Cons: seasonal position, hard to get part-time
I loved working in such a small store, it allowed me to interact with customers and connect with them. It allowed the stores’ sales goals to be easily planned and talked about. This made management run smooth and the learning curve for myself and others to increase.
Fantastic environment to work
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newport, RIApril 3, 2015
The people truly make this a fun place to work. On the retail side you feel pushy trying to almost force guests to buy something and not allow them to view items at their own pace.
Fun, easy paced work environment
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Deptford, NJApril 3, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, excellent product
Cons: limited amount of storage
I was hired as a seasonal employee. I was promoted to second assistant manager within 5 months. The Yankee Candle product line is excellent.
Small Fun Work Enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 31, 2015
Working at Yankee Candle was my best job experience so far! I met a lot of great customer and learned a lot about customer interaction.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Newington, NHMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, fun job.
Cons: Secret shoppers, hard to go corporate.
Yankee Candle is an easy going place to work at. They make working in retail more fun than it usually is. The product is amazing which makes it even more easier to sell. The customers that come in usually know what they like and what they want. The only issue with the company is that they don't have some of their priorities straight. Such as, they have secret shoppers and the criteria that you are supposed to meet while being "shopped" is next to impossible and they take them very seriously.
Great company to work for, room to expand job possibilities
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMarch 26, 2015
The work culture is full of willing to learn and improve, employees.
Management is always willing to help, very flexible with hours and tasks, always easily approachable.
Hardest part of the job is working around the many employees availabilities and scheduling.
Most enjoyable is the work force. All employees get along and mesh well, ideas are always open for discussion and improvement is every evolving.
good for a few extre bucks during season
sales associate (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMarch 24, 2015
It's a nice quiet cushy job but you can't expect to support yourself or be promoted. Also good luck getting more than a few hours a week.
Great place , friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warrington paMarch 22, 2015
I love my job. i learned alot about candles and how to help customers pick something that's right for them. I love my co-workers they all work really hard and well together. It's really a team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is probably when we get difficult customers that are never satisfied no matter what we do. The management is great they are fair and protective of their employees and help them to learn the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is being one of the best stores in the company.
Fun place to work
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2015
Pros: work life balance, great benefits
Cons: sometimes no break
I love working at Yankee Candle. They offer an exceptional work life balance for a retail company. The work can be intense at times, but if you are a people person, it is perfect!
Very difficult work enviornment. Limited payroll hours.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 20, 2015
A very difficult work environment. Limited payroll hours so the manager must work alone often for 8 or more hours. No breaks even to go to the bathroom or have lunch. No work life balance. Often spend personal time getting required tasks completed. Earned vacation time denied due to staffing or company blackout time.
Seasonal work was a great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 18, 2015
It was a great place to work. Unfortunately, it's not a career type of job so I needed to look for something that was full time and something for stable for my future. I had a lot of fun working at Yankee Candle, my co workers and managers were awesome.
Engaging Part Time Job That I Look Forward To.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, great product, good employee discount
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of room for advancement
At this job you are required to work with customers in-depth, not just saying "hello" and waiting for them to check out, Yankee Candle's goal is to give the customer an excellent shopping experience and find the perfect candle for them. I've learned a lot about the product that I really do love, and enhanced my people skills. This is a fairly easy-going job as a Sales Associate, it is a job that I keep for leisure and extra spending money; working about 10-15 hours a week. The people I meet are nice and my managers and I have a great time everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yankee Candle Company

While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their – Read more

Yankee Candle Company Photos