PAYROLL & BENEFITS SPECIALIST (14 MONTH CONTRACT)
Summary of the Position
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator will be responsible for processing Canadian payroll and benefits administration. This position is a 14 month contract.
The candidate will be responsible for performing a diverse range of functions including but not limited to:
- Process Canadian payroll through a third party payroll services provider (ADP), on a semi-monthly basis or as necessary; Includes all payroll-related payments including manual cheques, expense reimbursements, termination pay, etc.
- Ensure all changes are processed accurately and within the set time frames
- Complete all related forms and remittances, accurately and within the set time frames
- Develop schedules and communicate deadlines to applicable parties
- Keep accurate records of all payroll transactions and related back-up
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Keep up-to-date on changes that affect payroll within Canada
- Preview US payroll through a third party payroll services provider (ADP), on a monthly basis or as necessary, ensuring accuracy prior to submitting for processing
- Ensure all benefit bills (including group insurance, , RRSP's) are accurate and sent to finance for payment within set time frames
- Process all enrolment changes accurately and within set time frames
- Calculate employee premiums and ensure accurate deductions are made through payroll (or through other arrangements e.g. during unpaid leave of absence)
- Answer employee questions regarding coverage; ensure information is accessible to all employees and is kept up-to-date
- Be aware of changes that affect benefits administration in Canada
- Administer and maintain stock options through a third party service (Optrack) as necessary
- Track vacation/sick time, calculated pension contributions, T4 reconciliations, accounting accruals, etc.
- Reconciliation of payroll related accounts and accounting records
- Assist and oversee with Payroll audits and CRA correspondence as needed
- All payroll related compliance including EHT remittances, T4’s and source deductions
- Maintain employee status for purpose of benefits, payroll, pension, etc.
- Maintain perquisite account balances
- Maintain accruals and appropriately communicate with accounting
- Calculate and monitor payroll budget
- Other related duties as required
The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for this role:
- CPP designation
- Canadian payroll experience - required
- 5 years of experience administrating Canadian benefits – required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook) – required
- Experience with Great West Life will be considered an asset
- Knowledge or experience with JD Edwards will be considered an asset
- Excellent understanding of complex employee benefits
Yamana Gold Inc. is an equally employer opportunity.
To learn more about Yamana Gold Inc. please visit www.yamana.com
Indeed - 18 months ago