Real estate and development company located in downtown Vancouver is seeking an administrative assistant to work within the construction department. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following duties:
Provide administrative support for the Project Managers and coordinators for duties related to project delivery ensuring that all applicable procedures are followed:
- Coordinate the daily activities related to project information flow.
- Verify and validate project information.
- Communicate with contractors, consultants and other vendors as requested/required.
- Assist PM's and coordinators with preparing tender packages and invitations to bid.
- Prepare contracts, scope of work and change orders as directed by PM's.
- Process and follow-up on accounts payable invoices for all contracts, consultants, disbursements and reconcile all invoices.
- Purchasing as required.
- FTP site preparations and maintenance.
- Complete and submit expense reports for the PM's and coordinators.
- Field all calls with regards to the construction department as required.
- Schedules, coordinates and attends meetings and prepares minutes as required.
The candidate must have the following:
- A combination of training, education and experience equivalent to 2 years +.
- Having knowledge/experience in the real estate or development industry is a definite asset.
- Must be able to multi-task and has strong organizational skills.
- Must work well in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals/disciplines.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
If you feel the above description fits you, please apply to the e-mail address above with your cover letter and resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.