Yahoo

Yahoo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Leader in Internet content
Executive Assistant to SVP (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2014
Fun place to work - very laid back but always busy. Great team atmosphere and company perks
Productive place to work
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), SunnyvaleAugust 14, 2014
Great executive staff. There's vision for where the company is going.
Easy, comfortable work environment
Photo Editor (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 11, 2014
Co-workers were friendly and helpful when needed. The morning snacks were helpful and unlimited drinks and snacks throughout the day helped.
Struggling giant with great benefits
Sr. Technical (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 23, 2014
I have worked with some of the nicest and smartest people in the industry at Yahoo. Unfortunately, the company is struggling to engineer a workaround and work/life balance, job security and advancement opportunities all take a backseat.
Yahoo Rocks
Sr Engineering Manager, Cloud services (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 18, 2014
Responsible for leading a software engineering team in Cloud services. Network monitoring, tools, automation and integration services provided to multiple groups across Yahoo platforms and infrastructure.
-- Network Monitoring: Monitor all network devices via SNMP or API’s , store data in grid
-- Splunk: Aggregate logs from network devices in central – more... splunk instance
-- DNS: Dns database (LAMP stack), API’s and CLI tools
-- OpenStack: Integrating Openstack with systems infrastructure, VM and baremetal provisioning -- IPMI: Enabling IPMI for console and bootbox services on production hosts
-- Security Operations: Automating ticket generation for malware alerts generated by FireEye
-- System Administration teams: Rename, Re-ip, Reimage production hosts, via web and CLI
-- Finance: Audit of all hosts and network gear across all colos worldwide
-- Site Ops: Eliminating Tech debt by identifying vulnerable packages across production hosts
-- Edge infrastructure: Configuration automation for Proxy and caching services
-- Technologies: Java, Python, Html, Css, Pig – less
Fun place to work
HEAD OF SALES FINANCE OPERATIONS MEA (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch and phone
Cons: limited reward
Challenging but very fun place to work
very smart and nice people to work with
Interactive and fun media environment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 6, 2014
It's a great company to work for that allows for a multitude of areas to development of any interest.
Fun place to work with plenty of great perks!
Program Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: free food, free shuttle, new parent perks, stock options, excellent healthcare, games and fun
Cons: cumbersome procurement system, frequent process changes as we re-align the business
A typical day at work involves grabbing a freshly juiced vegetable/fruit drink and an omelet at URLs (Yahoo's onsite cafeteria), reviewing my tasks for the day, digging into email, reviewing the systems for required action/adjudication of pending background checks, taking a coffee break for a free caramel macchiato. Next, I schedule calls with candidates – more... whose background checks require additional information or further review and responding to requests for information from clients, stakeholders. Off to URLs for free lunch with my co-workers and boss. Back to the office for meetings and/or more work. Mid-afternoon I take a walk around the campus, usually a mile or mile and a half, then grab a quick healthy snack from the kitchen on my floor. Then it's back to work until the close of the business day. I then head out to catch the free shuttle from Sunnyvale to San Francisco, at which time I might finish up work using the shuttle's wifi, listen to music, play games or watch a movie on my Kindle, or take a nice nap before getting home to my family.

I love my co-workers, who have become my friends. The hardest part of the job is getting things accomplished through our procurement system. The most enjoyable part of my job is making solid, policy-driven decisions for the safety and security of Yahoo employees and the company's assets. I have learned a lot at Yahoo and have been given the leverage to shape my program and improve process and technology. Yahoo-ooooo! – less
Fun place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), AmmanMay 3, 2014
I like that place only 6 hour scrum daily, you learn a lot of technology like javascript php and java.
Great place to work.
Service Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Quincy WaApril 26, 2014
This is a great place to work. One of the best places to grow your skills.
Freelancer on Yahoo!
Freelance Writer (Current Employee), TelecommuteApril 24, 2014
Pros: work anywhere, submit any topic for solicitation, work any hours you want, make some $ while you learn, free training academy available if you want to use it
Cons: easy to slack off, no hard deadlines unless article is from assignment desk, low pay
Great experience so far! Research and write articles either from assignment desk or submit anything you deem newsworthy and interesting. Self initiative required.
nil
India Mission Control/ technical - Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 23, 2014
•a typical day at work : Good
•what you learned : Can learn lot.
•management: Good
Great Benefits
Customer Care Agent III (Current Employee), Omaha, BEApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches and health care
Cons: vacation days are hard to get off, work most holidays
-Yahoo offers great benefits
-Co-workers are all great
-Some callers get very upset
-Enjoy helping people with their needs
-Overall great company!
Data Center Technician (Current Employee), Lockport, NYApril 21, 2014
Pros: free food, drink, cell phone and gym membership paid, vacation, holidays paid, great opportunities for advancement
Daily duties include racking and installation of server cabinets. Hardware repair on servers. Retirement of old gear and coordinating pickup of retired gear. Our mini-factory on-site allows us to pull gear on an as need basis for properties to get gear in place as soon as possible.
Fun, energetic work place with work/life balance
User Experience Researcher (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: company is too big to make changes
It's great to be around of a lot smart and fun people. Everyone has clear goals to achieve each quarter. There is unlimited free food and coffee. Pays pretty well. A great culture for interns.
Good
data scientist (Current Employee), SunnyvaleApril 16, 2014
good compensation, free food, flexible schedule, but also fast paced environment.
Great benefits, not much room to grow and delevop
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no growth
Position was portrayed different than what it really is. Did not know it was a call center. There are no guarantees for advancement and not much room to grow.
Awesome place to work and lunch if free!
Producer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: freelance
Great work life balance. Would be great if they would allow studio producers the opportunity to become staffed.
Review
Pricing Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Innovation is back and the company is moving forward fast.
Over 8 years of experience as a QA Analyst with good solid experience
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 28, 2014
I worked for Yahoo Search FE automation, designing a framework for SYC and SRP pages, preference and advanced search pages. Maintain different intls and different code base with different buckets.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yahoo

Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated – Read more

Yahoo Photos