Yahoo

Yahoo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
an awesome experience
Data Analyst (Former Employee), sunnyvale, caFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the services and employees
Cons: the bus ride to work
it was a laid back but busy environment. I enjoyed working with the department I worked for. the employees were very nice and informative if I didn't understand something. I loved the big campus the company was on and the various services they provided. the food court was awesome.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Zing was a fun and exciting start up company to work for. The leaders of the company were driven to make it succeed. The location was perfect, lots of places to hike/run and fun hip places to eat.
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee), champaignFebruary 17, 2015
Great place and small with office with so many new people from different locations and talents combined to build a big data pipeline.
Great culture and work environment
Incident Management Analyst (Former Employee), Lockport, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: job security
Although Incident Management can be a very stressful position, this is neutralized by a great team atmosphere. Co-workers are willing to lend a hand when in need.
Productive fun place to work
Walk up Tech/Deskside Support (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, health care was great, assistance with achieving your career goals
Cons: turn around time with short notice.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with everyday. The overall work culture, and career advancement assistance.
Assisting clients with difficulty using Yahoo products.
Tier 3 customer care agent (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free food/coffee
Cons: no advancement oppurtunity
Assisting clients with password recovery with 8 minute handle time. Assisting clients with browser troubleshooting via email within 4 hour turnaround.
dinner games
QA lead (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: games lunches
Cons: health care
Liked it and happy to work in this company a very great work environment and helping getting feed backs on time and having lunches with the team
Fun place , ping pong table gym, free food
Service Engineer, Content and platform team (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free food and fruits . gym
Cons: yahoo hq is now full of people moved from banglore india (more them %60, i guess). the problem is those people are on l1 and h1 visa and need to keep job for any price. so, you will see information hiding culture. and many politics and a sorta mafia in teams.
Yahoo! would be a much better company, if it was real diverse. diversity does not mean only moving people from India. This over exceeding move now are going to cause problems for the company. diversity should have a fare distribution.
healthy work environment and employee friendly
Sr. Content Writer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 22, 2015
lots to learn and opportunities to grow and explore
good managerial body
very interactive profile
friendly co workers
learned a lot about the respective market and product, opportunity to do e learning on various professional courses
Outstanding place of employment
Data center facilties (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 20, 2015
crazy awesome place to work I loved the opportunity. The management is outstanding, everything there made me want to come to work everyday and contribute to my job as best as possible on the daily.
Fun environment with a dynamic atmosphere.
SMB Search Account Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good food, beautiful business park
Cons: long commute
Fun environment with a dynamic atmosphere.

- Start at 9 am make prospecting calls till 1 pm.
- Take an hour minute break.
- Spend an hour devising marketing strategies for clients.
- Take another break for 30 minutes.
- Make more prospecting calls till 4 pm.
- Schedule and book training sessions or client facing meetings until 4.30
- Spend the last hour of the day training and up-skiling.

The main learnings is that business is tough, but you have to knuckle down and make it happen.

The most enjoyable is getting the satisfaction in helping advertisers achieve their business objectives.
Talent Acquisition at yahoo
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Rewarding yet challenging work
I would recommend others to work here
free food and coffee
Senior Localization Program Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 30, 2014
Great co-workers to work with
There's lots of scopes to work/innovate
Cool Place to Work
Technical Trainer II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 11, 2014
Yahoo is a cool place to work with free food and job work / Life balance. There is always room for advancement with plenty of job security. The culture of the campus is multicultural and a great place to learn from other people.
Yahoo!: Fast-paced but fun
Editor (various) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: great pay, yoga classes, etc.
Cons: confused priorities, constant change
Yahoo! had a lot of very talented, interesting people working there when I was there.

But many hours of time were wasted as "fire drills" happened when various departments would have issues with each other.

The pay was excellent, the commute rough, my coworkers were great.

I appreciated the opportunity to shift to various jobs within the company while I was there.
good company
Affiliate Revenue Share Accountant (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 10, 2014
Good company culture and train you well and put you in a position to succeed.
Great compensation package, poor workload management and work/life balance.
Enigineer (Former Employee), NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great compensation package
Cons: poor work/life balance, not much room for advancement without taking cuts in pay.
I worked for Yahoo for a year, within that year I've seen my department as a revolving door of new people. The team I worked with went through at least 3 major changes in order to better serve the goal they were trying to accomplish and in my opinion they still do not have a working model. My talents, along with some of the talents of my former co-workers were mismanaged in order to better serve the needs of management, from the time I started I was "guided" into an area of Operations that was not suited to my knowledge and experience.

The work/life balance in the team I worked with was barely manageable. The shift was 13 hours long and while you were given a 90 minute break, it didn't make up for the fact that every other week you worked 65 hours.
Job that was satisfactory with lack of job growth.
Customer Care Agent Tier 3 (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, game tables, healthcare, 401 k, free work phone
Cons: lack of assistance with job growth, uncertain of role worth to the company as a whole.
The job itself was repetitive and unrewarding but the benefits were there to have you stay and they tried their best to make sure that you felt appreciated but that sentiment was not always there.
I loved it
Online advertising training specialist (Former Employee), EMEAOctober 31, 2014
Search & Display advertising methodology & platforms
Microsoft & Yahoo! search alliance project
Customer relationship management
sweatshop that pays
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale HQOctober 30, 2014
Pros: food, pay, macs
Cons: sweatshop, idiots
with free food all day, gym, phones, and mac laptops it's generous.

quality of food decreased during my tenure

BUT

they expect you to work 10+ hours a day with virtually no chance to advance. They eliminated QA so we had to do everything. They play games like only SEs have root, to eliminating SEs, and then you do all the work. Managed by asshats for the most part. They are super smart but still don't get it. Too many incompetent people.

They did pretty much let me code what I wanted except for some ridiculous "we don't use python". force me to write in shell. silly

people actually wait in line to get Marissa's autograph. Imagine chinese and indian families lined up to get her autorgraph. too funny

1 2 3 4 5

About Yahoo

Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated – Read more

Yahoo Photos