Yahoo

Yahoo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outstanding place of employment
Data center facilties (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 20, 2015
crazy awesome place to work I loved the opportunity. The management is outstanding, everything there made me want to come to work everyday and contribute to my job as best as possible on the daily.
Fun environment with a dynamic atmosphere.
SMB Search Account Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good food, beautiful business park
Cons: long commute
Fun environment with a dynamic atmosphere.

- Start at 9 am make prospecting calls till 1 pm.
- Take an hour minute break.
- Spend an hour devising marketing strategies for clients.
- Take another break for 30 minutes.
- Make more prospecting calls till 4 pm.
- Schedule and book training sessions or client facing meetings until 4.30
- Spend the last hour of the day training and up-skiling.

The main learnings is that business is tough, but you have to knuckle down and make it happen.

The most enjoyable is getting the satisfaction in helping advertisers achieve their business objectives.
Talent Acquisition at yahoo
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Rewarding yet challenging work
I would recommend others to work here
free food and coffee
Senior Localization Program Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 30, 2014
Great co-workers to work with
There's lots of scopes to work/innovate
Cool Place to Work
Technical Trainer II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 11, 2014
Yahoo is a cool place to work with free food and job work / Life balance. There is always room for advancement with plenty of job security. The culture of the campus is multicultural and a great place to learn from other people.
Yahoo!: Fast-paced but fun
Editor (various) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: great pay, yoga classes, etc.
Cons: confused priorities, constant change
Yahoo! had a lot of very talented, interesting people working there when I was there.

But many hours of time were wasted as "fire drills" happened when various departments would have issues with each other.

The pay was excellent, the commute rough, my coworkers were great.

I appreciated the opportunity to shift to various jobs within the company while I was there.
good company
Affiliate Revenue Share Accountant (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 10, 2014
Good company culture and train you well and put you in a position to succeed.
Great compensation package, poor workload management and work/life balance.
Enigineer (Former Employee), NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great compensation package
Cons: poor work/life balance, not much room for advancement without taking cuts in pay.
I worked for Yahoo for a year, within that year I've seen my department as a revolving door of new people. The team I worked with went through at least 3 major changes in order to better serve the goal they were trying to accomplish and in my opinion they still do not have a working model. My talents, along with some of the talents of my former co-workers were mismanaged in order to better serve the needs of management, from the time I started I was "guided" into an area of Operations that was not suited to my knowledge and experience.

The work/life balance in the team I worked with was barely manageable. The shift was 13 hours long and while you were given a 90 minute break, it didn't make up for the fact that every other week you worked 65 hours.
Job that was satisfactory with lack of job growth.
Customer Care Agent Tier 3 (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, game tables, healthcare, 401 k, free work phone
Cons: lack of assistance with job growth, uncertain of role worth to the company as a whole.
The job itself was repetitive and unrewarding but the benefits were there to have you stay and they tried their best to make sure that you felt appreciated but that sentiment was not always there.
I loved it
Online advertising training specialist (Former Employee), EMEAOctober 31, 2014
Search & Display advertising methodology & platforms
Microsoft & Yahoo! search alliance project
Customer relationship management
sweatshop that pays
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale HQOctober 30, 2014
Pros: food, pay, macs
Cons: sweatshop, idiots
with free food all day, gym, phones, and mac laptops it's generous.

quality of food decreased during my tenure

BUT

they expect you to work 10+ hours a day with virtually no chance to advance. They eliminated QA so we had to do everything. They play games like only SEs have root, to eliminating SEs, and then you do all the work. Managed by asshats for the most part. They are super smart but still don't get it. Too many incompetent people.

They did pretty much let me code what I wanted except for some ridiculous "we don't use python". force me to write in shell. silly

people actually wait in line to get Marissa's autograph. Imagine chinese and indian families lined up to get her autorgraph. too funny
fun workplace
Junior Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: everything regarding work is free, lunches and no formal wear
Cons: longs hours sometimes
wonderful experience at yahoo. learning to work in a group and having fun with whatever we do is the best part of the job.
Good Comapny
Display Online Campaign Manager (Former Employee), DublinOctober 8, 2014
have been working at Yahoo! for nearly a year now in online advertising and it feels like years regarding all the knowledge and experience I have acquired so far.
It is a fast paced environment and we are challenged on daily basis. Our management gives us complete responsibility dealing with partners and clients. It is very challenging, we might work overtime from time to time to meet deadlines but the culture and work environment helps to overcome these challenges.
work life balance mostly depends on your way to manage your workload and also on the challenges we might face sometimes.
In a few words: Great people, great culture, fast pace environment,flexibility, team work
Awesome place to work. Management is very accommodating
Datacenter Tech (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 30, 2014
Would love to work for this company forever, the datacenter is closing down. Manager and colleagues are excellent people. They are team players. Wouldn't ask for more.
Good place
Account Manager - Search, Yahoo (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2014
Great benefits. High paced environment. Work from my inbox so there isn't a "typical" day. Each quarter we have new goals to focus on that determine the companies priorities for the next 3 months.
a fun place to work for
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: traffic
I was there for a year. It was fun but no alot of opportunities to grow.
good
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaSeptember 1, 2014
very good work culture. I like the processes. very good work culture. I like the processes. very good work culture. I like the processes.
Productive, fun, casual, exciting place to work
Executive Assistant to the SVP (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free coffee bars & drinks, large variety of food for a small price, accessibility to vip clients, events and music
Cons: large work load
A typical day is very busy -- my job would require engaging in calendar management, executive scheduling, travel arrangements, helping employees with meeting schedules, conference rooms, expense reports, social events and day-to-day operations. The hardest part of the job would be to juggle the large amount of work and e-mails. The most enjoyable part was the people, my executive and my co-workers -- we worked hard and played hard!
Leader in Internet content
Executive Assistant to SVP (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2014
Fun place to work - very laid back but always busy. Great team atmosphere and company perks
Productive place to work
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), SunnyvaleAugust 14, 2014
Great executive staff. There's vision for where the company is going.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yahoo

Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated – Read more

Yahoo Photos