Yahoo! Inc.

Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 12, 2015
a good place for new grad.student
a lot of new thing and new technology to learn
good work life balance and good compensatoin and perks
Productive and fun working Company
Sr System Engineer (Current Employee), SingaporeMay 11, 2015
Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company.
Yahoo!
Creative Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing working environment, Free lattes ALL DAY!, beautiful grounds, laid back atmosphere
Cons: Wish I could have become a permanent employee
I worked as a contractor in the SEO department for a huge merger they were conducting.

The hours were long and some days it was brutal, but the staff couldn't have been more nice to all of us contractors. Yahoo opened their arms and office to us like we were one of their own.

I would have loved to work their permanently. It was face paced, never the same and never dull.
Good Place
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Network) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free Food, great people, product that is still valid in the world
Cons: Office Politics
Yahoo is an interesting company to work for. The work is,well always there, so the people are what make a job amazing and Yahoo is filled with great people. Nice campus with free healthy food. But truly, the people at Yahoo are just wonderful
Fun and productive work atmosphere
Senior Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Lockport, NYApril 22, 2015
My typical day at Yahoo consists of assisting customers through different properties. I am cross trained in handling email accounts, mail tech, Flickr tech and billing.

Working at Yahoo has been a great learning experience. I was able to learn so much about the tech world and how emails are handled from the back end. I was able to gain many work and personal local and global connections throughout the company.
I Love Yahoo!
Global IT Onboarding Service Owner (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Yahoo
Cons: NA
I Love Yahoo! Spent almost 10 years there and would spend another 10 if the chance came about again. I don't know what else to say than if you ever get a chance to work there... Take it!
spiraling out of control
Business Operations Manager/ Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great people in the Santa Monica office
Cons: exec staff is clueless
Yahoo was great to me over the years and I did enjoy most of my time there. But as of late, under this current executive staff things are out of control. I will not name names, but I do not see a long future for what was such a bright company.
Good people. Confusing future.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 8, 2015
There are a lot of great people doing good things at the company. While some departments are strong and getting stronger, other areas seem to lack direction. This may get better as their future becomes more clear.
Yahoo
Customer Care Agent III (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
Good company to work for - really take care of their employees. Good communication company wide - fun culture and work atmosphere.
A smart company
WhiteBox QA Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 16, 2015
Yahoo provides most versatile experience and challenging projects at your desk. it helps you to think in direction to serve millions.
Good Culture
Sr. Manager, Analytics & Data Solutions (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good culture...
Very good culture, benefits and compensation. need to balance work can get hectic at times. Management is normally good , but some decisions can leave you scratching your head.
Less questions the better
Store Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: little direction which allowed the individual to be creative in their own way
Cons: non supportive staff
Daily work performed at and for contract of Yahoo!. Zagwear enjoyed seeing results with little to no direction given to their staff. They also expected little to no questions being asked and tried to keep most of their process as a needs to know basis. Overall they were out to make money and at no cost to them.
Innovation ,smart team and multicultural environment
EMEA Search Product Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), EgyptMarch 9, 2015
Pros: stock share, alot of business travel
Cons: layoffs!
Innovation ,smart team and multicultural environment
It is easy to contact with VPs so to share thoughts,as well as there is a space and encouragement to create new things along the way
Outstanding colleagues with exceptionally positive attitude
Product Manager III (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2015

Ambiguity in role

Realignment & Restructuring
Churn and burn
Manager Procurement (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free food, although selection has pared down, free phone, people are nice, your skills are used
Cons: no work life balance, the feeling you are only a number, outsourced too much
Working 24/7 wasn't enough. Their quarterly goals will burn you up and spit you out...and then they'll just hire a fresh person that knows nothing for you to train them so they can take your job. I enjoyed my role here tremendously, but departmental cuts kept whittling down my staff and pretty soon I only had the outsourced team.
an awesome experience
Data Analyst (Former Employee), sunnyvale, caFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the services and employees
Cons: the bus ride to work
it was a laid back but busy environment. I enjoyed working with the department I worked for. the employees were very nice and informative if I didn't understand something. I loved the big campus the company was on and the various services they provided. the food court was awesome.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Zing was a fun and exciting start up company to work for. The leaders of the company were driven to make it succeed. The location was perfect, lots of places to hike/run and fun hip places to eat.
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee), champaignFebruary 17, 2015
Great place and small with office with so many new people from different locations and talents combined to build a big data pipeline.
Great culture and work environment
Incident Management Analyst (Former Employee), Lockport, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: job security
Although Incident Management can be a very stressful position, this is neutralized by a great team atmosphere. Co-workers are willing to lend a hand when in need.
Productive fun place to work
Walk up Tech/Deskside Support (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, health care was great, assistance with achieving your career goals
Cons: turn around time with short notice.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with everyday. The overall work culture, and career advancement assistance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yahoo! Inc.

Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated – Read more

Yahoo! Inc. Photos