Yahoo! Inc.

Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, awesome management, flexible
Search Analyst (Former Employee), SunnyvaleJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Poor salary
Fun colleagues always considerate and with readiness to help you out, awesome management, flexible time shift due the benefit to work from our homes. Incredible and challenging projects.
Media Team
Software Engineer (Former Employee), SunnyvaleJuly 14, 2015
Company goals are changed very quickly. Not good and fair for QPR. Higher managers know nothing what their members do everyday.
Great workplace, irreverent culture
Sr. Manager, Search Products (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 6, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Smart, grounded colleagues, ethical and community-oriented culture. The engineering, Design and Product Management teams are quite stellar.
Fun place
Senior Software Engineer Team Lead (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: new technology
Cons: startup without a good plan
worked in generating leads and sales and had an excellent mentor.
learned new technologies and wonderful overall venture
good company but frequent organizational alignment happening
Program Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Yahoo. Great and talented people.
There were lots of exciting and challenging projects.
Free foods, cell phone was provided and paid, mac laptop. All good.
Great learning experience and mentoring
Freelance Jr. Art Director (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, great team, good mentoring
Yahoo Inc. was a great place to learn new skills that I still did not posses, as well it was a good place to learn to work under pressure. Had a very collaborative team and everyone was always willing to help and share ideas among the team.
No Job Secruity with Constant Layoffs
Program Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Free food coffee, gym onsite and great benefits
Cons: No job security, poor managers, and quarterly goals
Employees have been laid off after several years, only a few months, or in one case--the entire group was eliminated 2 days before the new hire's start date. Press is calling them "drip layoffs". Poor people managers who have gotten more political and micromanage more as a result of quarterly goals/reviews. If you're lucky, very lucky you might get a manager who will have your back. The current executive team is killing the great employee team culture there by pitting everyone against each other.
Previous Yahoo! Employee
Backup Operator (Former Employee), Quincy, WAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Laid back, encourages learning
I worked for Yahoo for 18 months and enjoyed my time there. I found that they had a nice laid back approach to work and it was very refreshing. Pay and benefits were all great! I actually really miss working there!
Yahoo offers a number of great benefits including a paid gym membership, free healthcare, a phone and phone plan, also lunch and snacks everyday
Information Technology Care Agent III (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits such as free food, gym membership and phone plans. Health insurance and stock options are also a pro
Cons: Shift and shift bidding. Another down side is we work weekends
Yahoo offers many great benefits to full time employees such as gym memberships, insurance, phones and phone plans and also free food and drinks during our shift. It is a very casual relaxed type of work environment. The down side can be working odd hours, weekends and holidays. We are open 24 hours 7 days a week which can make it difficult to have time for family and outside activities depending on your shift. It is hard to advance unless you consider relocation.
Great benefits
Account Management (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great benefits
Cons: moving up is difficult
The culture is amazing and you won't find a better group to work with. However, there are always changes from upper management and our strategies and vision seems to constantly change.
fun place to work
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 12, 2015
a good place for new grad.student
a lot of new thing and new technology to learn
good work life balance and good compensatoin and perks
Productive and fun working Company
Sr System Engineer (Current Employee), SingaporeMay 11, 2015
Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company,Yahoo! One of the Best Company.
Yahoo!
Creative Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing working environment, Free lattes ALL DAY!, beautiful grounds, laid back atmosphere
Cons: Wish I could have become a permanent employee
I worked as a contractor in the SEO department for a huge merger they were conducting.

The hours were long and some days it was brutal, but the staff couldn't have been more nice to all of us contractors. Yahoo opened their arms and office to us like we were one of their own.

I would have loved to work their permanently. It was face paced, never the same and never dull.
Good Place
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Network) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free Food, great people, product that is still valid in the world
Cons: Office Politics
Yahoo is an interesting company to work for. The work is,well always there, so the people are what make a job amazing and Yahoo is filled with great people. Nice campus with free healthy food. But truly, the people at Yahoo are just wonderful
Fun and productive work atmosphere
Senior Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Lockport, NYApril 22, 2015
My typical day at Yahoo consists of assisting customers through different properties. I am cross trained in handling email accounts, mail tech, Flickr tech and billing.

Working at Yahoo has been a great learning experience. I was able to learn so much about the tech world and how emails are handled from the back end. I was able to gain many work and personal local and global connections throughout the company.
I Love Yahoo!
Global IT Onboarding Service Owner (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Yahoo
Cons: NA
I Love Yahoo! Spent almost 10 years there and would spend another 10 if the chance came about again. I don't know what else to say than if you ever get a chance to work there... Take it!
spiraling out of control
Business Operations Manager/ Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great people in the Santa Monica office
Cons: exec staff is clueless
Yahoo was great to me over the years and I did enjoy most of my time there. But as of late, under this current executive staff things are out of control. I will not name names, but I do not see a long future for what was such a bright company.
Good people. Confusing future.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 8, 2015
There are a lot of great people doing good things at the company. While some departments are strong and getting stronger, other areas seem to lack direction. This may get better as their future becomes more clear.
Yahoo
Customer Care Agent III (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
Good company to work for - really take care of their employees. Good communication company wide - fun culture and work atmosphere.
A smart company
WhiteBox QA Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 16, 2015
Yahoo provides most versatile experience and challenging projects at your desk. it helps you to think in direction to serve millions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yahoo! Inc.

Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated – Read more

Yahoo! Inc. Photos