Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, excitement, challenge and rewarding
AR Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, ARJanuary 24, 2016
Working for Yahoo was the most rewarding and challenging work experience i had. Co-workers were the most dedicated and fun people I ever met in my working career. Our managers always encourage us to excel in our positions by challenge us to do the impossible possible. The reward was always great.
Great corporation, need to work the management of day to day operations.
Data Center Engineer Infrastructure II (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 31, 2015
Pros: free meals, stock equities
Cons: Lack of communication
I was excited to have the chance to work for a high profile company such as Yahoo but I found the management to be poor and chaotic at times.....very disappointing , great IT staff. Impressive facility.
Great company; not so great job
Sports writer for Yahoo Contributor Network (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Articles were published on Yahoo
Cons: Doesnt pay well
The Yahoo Contributor Network did not really pay well, though it was a great place to put stories on it never really brought in the money.
Coulda' been great — instead, meh
Senior Experience Designer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 30, 2015
Bloated middle management neither understands nor encourages creative team(s) to innovate on a stale product offering
UI Developer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 29, 2015
• Extensive experience of 6 years of developing product and information architecture using SDLC by requirement analysis, design, implementation and testing.
fun place to work
Office coordinator/admin (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 23, 2015
High tech company, a good environment and great and supportive people to work with, also good place to work and grow .
Yahoo is company that is known world wide, its a company that cares about its employe and customers.
Great place to be at
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2015
.Need more active things to do can be boring and not attentive to work due to sitting behind the desk all day. But decent benefits and management team.
Good company
Product Categorizer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 15, 2015
247 customer is a good company and we were given the best facilities for work and also they had good transport facilities.
I have learnt a lot for this company and was very satisfied with my job.
Great Company
Site Ops Engineer (Current Employee), Lockport, NYOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast, free lunch, laptop, phone, and more benefits
Cons: None
Great company, great benefits, culture is very good. Best company in the WNY area to work for. Yahoo has the best people, jobs, and culture.
The best company I have worked with till now.
Search Editor (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 29, 2015
l learnt a lot of very helpful skills during my tenure in Yahoo. My director, to whom I used to report, directly was very cool and full of ideas.
Good company to start
Database Developer Intern, Yahoo Shopping (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 27, 2015
It's a good company to start the career. Lots of freebies. However, the morale is quite low since the company used to be No.1 in social media. It's feeling like a falling ship.
Great Work Place
Search Engine Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Transport and perks
Cons: Not great work
Job which i was assigned was not which i expected as a result was not very happy with the work as a result left the job within few months, but otherwise a great company with lots of facilities provided to the employees.
i wil be active every day from 10am to 3pm
Article Writer (Current Employee), Rawalpindi, PPBSeptember 15, 2015
Cons: after 3pm
the company yahoo
am very glad to work this time ,ihave an oppertunity to work.simply i want to work like writing articles .

i will work on new projects that will challeneging and excited
Work here if you can.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Casselberry, flSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Being part of Yahoo, stock plan.
Cons: Indecision on chosen paths at the time.
It was fantastic to work for a large company that was employee centric. The work, benefits, and atmosphere were the best.
Great perks
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Lockport, NYAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work. Many amenities available to employees. They make you as comfortable as they can while expecting you to work hard.
Great start, but no room for advancement
Account Director (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, good benefits, and great culture
Cons: No room for promotion, technology backtracked by 3+ years
The change to Marissa has lifted little of the culture and precedent set for by previous CEOs. The landscape has changed and they are reacting slowly to the market - they take 2 steps back with every new change to the environment.

Direct management is great - one of the best managers I have ever worked for in the last 6 years. Unfortunately, the higher ups are comfortable in their positions, so there is no room to move up.

It has been great to work in a multinational corporation, but my time is better spent with a company that has a clear future.
whatever
Customer Care Case Manager/Person (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORAugust 17, 2015
whatever yeah bad for me great for others. If you get stuck labeled as the bad guy you won't get trained on anything or go any where
nice workplace
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 9, 2015
cool culture.. good benefits.. nice company to work with.. startup culture with all benefits of a big established company...you get the best of both the worlds.
Productive and fun place to work at
Software Engineer (Current Employee), sunnyvale,CAJuly 23, 2015
Yahoo has a big name and is a fun place to work at with lots of good , talented people around. Lots of things to learn. Free lunches available.
Fun, awesome management, flexible
Search Analyst (Former Employee), SunnyvaleJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Poor salary
Fun colleagues always considerate and with readiness to help you out, awesome management, flexible time shift due the benefit to work from our homes. Incredible and challenging projects.