YYC Freight Services is a well-established Calgary based company offering warehousing, ground handling and transportation services to the freight forwarding community, direct shippers, as well as the aviation industry. Located at the Calgary International Airport with direct access to tarmac (air side), we are perfectly situated to service our clients on and off the airport.
YYC Freight Services has always been committed to providing a superior work environment, and is proud of its established team of qualified employees. We are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a 5-Ton Delivery Driver / Warehouse Worker.
- Complete on-time deliveries, in town and out of town using our vehicle fleet (5-ton trucks with air brakes, cargo vans and minivans)
- Prepare orders by processing requests; pulling materials/shipments, packing/re-packing boxes and skids
- Split your time as needed between the warehouse (30%) and pick-ups and deliveries (70%)
- Oversee condition of vehicles including inspecting tires, lights, brakes, cold storage & other equipment
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Fill out driver’s log book on a daily basis
- Communicate with dispatchers to complete assigned deliveries & pickups.
- Clean Driver’s Abstract with an Air Brake endorsement
- Warehouse experience & forklift skills required
- Must be able to pass security clearance (background check)
- Ability to work weekends & evenings when required
- Ability to be on call when required
- Experience in the transportation industry an asset
- Transport of Dangerous Goods Certification an asset
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Clear communication skills & excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to work independently & part of a team
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Work with minimal supervision, able to follow oral and written instructions
- High level of personal initiative & motivation to participate in further training & learning
- Wage is negotiable based on experience
- Benefits Package upon completion of 3-month probationary period
This full time permanent position is available immediately.