Home Providers - Wheel Chair Accessible
YWCA Edmonton Disability Services is recruiting for home providers with Wheel Chair Accessible homes to support individuals with a disabilities for weekends or on a 24/7 basis. Successful home providers would have an adult or child live in their own home.
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe environment to an individual
- Meet the needs of the individual including proper nutrition according to the Canada Food Guide
- Provide an individual with support in personal care, behaviour management, and skill development as necessary
- Assist individual to access recreational activities within their community
- Assist individual with g-tube feeding, and medication administration as necessary
- Schedule and attend medical appointments with the individual as necessary
- Complete and provide records and documentation in a timely fashion
- Communicate regularly with the Program Coordinator and YWCA Disability Service staff as required
- Wheel Chair Accessible home a must
- A home that meets program’s and individual’s needs
- Experience supporting individuals with mental and/or physical disabilities
- Experience supporting individuals with all aspects of community inclusion
- Knowledge of community resources
- First Aid (Child and Adult) with CPR
- Completed a Criminal Record check and Child Intervention Check within 6 months
- Attend Behaviour Management, Abuse Protocol, and Medication Administration Training
- A driver’s license and vehicle would be an asset
How to apply:
Please submit all resumes to the Recruitment Coordinator.
Please don’t respond if you don’t have a Wheel Chair Accessible home.