Counselling Psychologist- Part Time Position
The YWCA Edmonton Counselling Centre offers individuals a supportive environment in which addresses their emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social needs. We offer individual counselling, group sessions or a combination of both to address the specific needs of each client.
This position requires constant concentration and attention to detail to work for extended periods.
Hours of work presently are a combination of afternoon and evening shifts.
Wage: $24 - $29 per hour depending on experience.
- Abide by all YWCA Edmonton and Counselling Centre policies
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client, employee and program information
- Provide input into the evaluation and development of annual goals and objectives for the departmental programs
- Maintain accurate and timely record keeping
- Participate in peer supervision
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding any changes in professional status
Direct Client Services
- Conduct interviews with clients, with the objective of developing an effective and appropriate strategy that best meets the clients’ needs
- Conduct the interview in accordance with the program’s philosophies of accessibility, respect for multi-cultural differences and feminist ideology
- Provide short or long term counselling as contracted by the individual
- Perform advocacy role as required by clients
- Prepare individual progress/case notes that clearly and concisely document pertinent observations regarding behaviour, affect, significant factors, goals and action plans
- Communicate any concerns directly to the Program Director
- Comply with all reporting requirements of the Child and Youth Enhancement Act or other relevant legislation
- Comply with all requirements of the appropriate professional code of ethics
- Assist with interviewing and selecting group facilitators and practicum students
- Supervision and evaluation of practicum students as appropriate
Internal/ External Relations
- Participate in internal and external training and educational opportunities
- Act as a liaison with other agencies/professionals in the community as required
- Identify areas of concern regarding program issues and procedures, client and staff relations, individual and program goals and objectives. These should be brought to the attention of the Program Director
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Psychology
- Registered Psycholgist status preferred
- A minimum of three years experience as a counsellor is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the area of family violence, loss, transition, trauma
- Ability to work from a feminist ideology
Competition Closing Date: July 5, 2013
How to apply:
Please submit all cover letters and resumes email
YWCA Edmonton is a multi-service agency with the vision of Women shaping a world of equality, opportunity and choice . We offer programs and...