You will be working on a small team, developing and maintaining one of our core platforms. You will be responsible for improving efficiency, speed and reliability of the platform as well as building new features and debugging problems and issues. You will be responsible for reporting directly to the CTO.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years software development experience
- Object oriented PHP
- Relational database design experience
- Familiar with LAMP environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and robust code
- Excellent communication, written and spoken English
- Excellent organization
- Good attitude and team player
- Experience working in development teams
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience building systems that deal with large volumes of traffic
- Web analytics
- Experience with Amazon web services (AWS)
- Versioning software – Subversion or Git
- Designing databases schemas and knowing when to normalize or de-normalize.
What we offer:
- Salary (Contact me)
- Comprehensive benefits
- Opportunity to work with new technologies
- Happy Hour Fridays
- Casual, relaxed working environment
- Located in downtown Toronto, steps away from Queen and Spadina.
- Added commission after one year of employment