YMCA of Central East Ontario
Balsillie Family Branch – Peterborough
Program Instructor - BREAKDANCING INSTRUCTOR
- First Aid, CPR and WHIMIS
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check
Years of Experience:
- Previous experience working with children and youth
- Previous Breakdancing experience
Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values:
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Concerns for Health and Safety:
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Ensures that all YMCA programs and services are superior.
Child and Youth Focused:
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
A program instructor is to supervise, instruct, and lead participants in YMCA programs in a manner that reflects the Core Values and Mission of the organization.
- Supervision of participants in all YMCA programs.
- Plan, implement and supervise age appropriate activities.
- Ensure all participants are properly signed in and out of programs.
- Ensure all participants are supervised at all times while in the programs (this includes the walkways, washrooms, water breaks, etc.)
- Supervision and guidance of all volunteers who assist in programs
- Responsible for the safety and well being of all participants in programs.
- Ensure that participants are using equipment properly and all equipment is in safe working order prior to use.
- Communication with all parents and participants
- Communication with supervisor on a regular basis about program progression and/or concerns and issues with participants, parents, programs and staff members.
- Attend all staff meetings and professional development opportunities as assigned.
- Know, understand and follow the YMCA Core values of Caring, Honest, Respect and Responsibility.
Supervisor of Preschool and Youth
- Variable Hours – regular shifts will include evenings and weekends
- Friday Evenings 7-9pm
- Multitasking and time pressures
Thank you for your interest in the YMCA.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.