Fall Outdoor Centre Program Instructor
1883 Koshlong Lake Road
Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
Come Join the team. We are hiring Outdoor Education/Adventure Instructors &Teachers for our Fall season.
Rate of Pay: $100/day
Position Status: Part-time contract
Placement: August 25th – October 24th, 2014
Nature & Scope:
The Fall Outdoor Centre Program Instructor is a contract position responsible for delivering and facilitating recreational and educational programs throughout the season. The instructor is primarily responsible for programming (canoeing, kayaking, swimming, high ropes, initiatives, archery, environmental programs, out trips etc.) and site support. The Fall Outdoor Program Instructor will report directly to the Program Coordinator under the supervision of the Outdoor Centre Director.
- Facilitate programs for school, adult, family and other special interest groups during week days and weekends;
- Act as the liaison with teachers, group leaders and other small staff teams;
- Provide site support including set up of all program areas and maintenance of trails and program equipment as well as assisting the site service staff in general site maintenance in and around the YMCA Wanakita Outdoor Centre;
- Maintain continuity and quality in programs by working co-operatively with all groups and other non-program Wanakita staff
- Minimum certifications in Standard First Aid and CPR C;
- NLS, ORCKA Basic Canoe Instructor, Camp Canoe Instructor, Canoe Tripping 2, greater or equivalent are considered assets;
- Challenge Course Practitioner Certificate from and ACCT accredited trainer is considered an asset;
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card;
- Previous experience in camp, outdoor education/recreation field;
- Current (within 6 months of contract start date) vulnerable sector screening is a condition of employment
Child and Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation
Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve the desired results.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume by August 27, 2014 attention:
Outdoor Centre Program Coordinator,