Remember when you were in high school? Imagine you could have travelled the world and made fantastic new friends in another country. Imagine going to high school and becoming fluent in the language of that country. Imagine living with a welcoming family who shared their culture, their home and their hearts with you.
At YES Canada we make these opportunities happen and as a leading provider of high school student exchange programs the great news is that you can too!
We are searching for energetic individuals to become ambassadors for our company and to tell high school students across their local school board about the fantastic opportunities available to learn, travel and experience with YES Canada.
Under the direction of YES Canada's Marketing and Recruitment Manager, recruiters will communicate directly with guidance counselors and Canadian students in high schools throughout their local area. Recruiters will conduct school information sessions where they will be expected to present directly to and/or hold information booths for interested students.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting and supporting YES Canada in outbound marketing initiatives, recruiting students for study abroad programs.
- Assisting with the development of creative strategies for promotion of the Outbound Student Exchange Program
- Communicating frequently and consistently with YES Canada in regards to marketing effectiveness, barriers and progress as well as any other issues.
- Submitting a student contact list after each school visit
- Delivering inquiry reports and updates to YES Canada relating to interested students on a monthly basis
- Submitting a visitation summary at the conclusion of each semester
- Communicating and distributing information to secondary school guidance and language staff
- Hosting presentations to interested Canadian students on YES Canada outbound programs
- Following up with interested students via phone and/or email until point of Preliminary Application submission
- Helping YES Canada to achieve target goals of outbound placements
This role is a part-time position and will require recruiters to spend between 8-50 hours (approx) per school semester depending on the size of the school district/board.
Recruiters will be expected to visit each school in their local district/board once each semester (subject to availability) and communicate with students up until the point when they submit their preliminary application to YES Canada.
- Applicants must hold a valid provincial driving licence.
- All volunteers will be required to obtain a criminal background check, including vulnerable sector screening. The cost of this process will be covered by YES Canada.
- An involvement with secondary schools, youth programs or volunteer organizations is an asset.
- Job begins immediately.
- Recruitment officers are paid a negotiated set fee per school semester plus commission for each student who successfully travels with YES Canada.
- The contract is for 2 semesters during the 2014/15 school year, renewable upon review.
- Average commission of $200 is rewarded for each student registered and travelling abroad from the designated recruitment area for standard programs.
- Further details regarding commission structure will be discussed upon interview.
If interested, please submit your resume with a short description of why you are the best candidate for the role - only successful applicants will be contacted by email or telephone.