Marketing Practicum Program
Please note This program is only available to students who wish to obtain work experience in part of their post secondary related practicum/Co-op program (presumably credit towards a diploma, degree or some other professional recognition).
The Employment Standards Act (ESA) defines a practicum as, "'hands-on' training that is required by the curriculum, and will result in a certificate or diploma." Since this is hands-on experience that involves practical application of theory directly related to course study, and is required to obtain a post-secondary degree or diploma, it is not considered to be "work", as defined under the ESA. http://www.go2hr.ca/articles/caution-you-need-pay-your-interns
In part of our practicum program, we ask for a commitment of 1-3 months, Monday to Friday with a minimum of 30 hours per week and the role is unpaid. The office is located in Downtown Vancouver.
Xyfon Solutions is a service-oriented technology provider of infrastructure setup and ongoing managed services for small- to medium-sized businesses in the Greater Vancouver area. We help our clients meet their business objectives by streamlining their day-to-day operations. By providing premium technical services, we've built a strong reputation amongst our clients.
We are seeking an energetic and organized marketer to join our dynamic team and be a part of several on-going marketing campaigns as well as assist with our social media accounts.
- Research and find target markets
- Lead list generation with key stakeholder contact information
- Organize and update leads and sales lists
- Assist with marketing and social media communications
- Assist with other administrative duties
- Organized and Detail-Oriented
- Reliable and positive attitude
- A Self - Starter
- Fluent in English - both verbally and written.
- Experience in writing articles
- Have strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Have a understanding of SEO, Google Analytics and webmaster tools
- Social Media Savvy (Particularly with Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Youtube)
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
Bonus points for:
- Strong interest in social media and technology
- Ability to thrive and laugh under pressure
The incumbent will be part of a dynamic and driven Marketing team within a growing company.
If you believe you possess the qualities above, please send us your cover letter and resume, quoting "marketing practicum" in the subject line