Do you get a kick out of working with computers and people? Do you have some desktop support experience, but you've got the “burn to learn”, and are looking for a chance to grow your skills and advance? Then this might just be the job for you!
We are looking for a committed, customer service oriented Desktop Support Specialist to join our team and assist with support of our clients. This is a junior position on our Help Desk, with the possibility of some on-site work. You will contribute to our team’s objective of service excellence, particularly rapid response. You will experience a broad range of learning opportunities and challenges, with mentoring and leadership provided by a team of IT veterans with over five decades of combined industry experience.
- Gathering information from clients, creating and managing requests in our ticketing system.
- General client support (hardware / software / operating system / network troubleshooting and problem resolution).
- Participating in scheduled Help Desk on-call rotation (evenings & weekends).
- Staging and deployment / re-deployment of PCs, laptops, thin clients, peripherals, and other hardware.
- Deploying and supporting mobile devices, and acting as the main point of contact for service providers.
- Assisting with onboarding of clients’ new hires, and providing appropriate system access and hardware.
- Working with managers to ensure all IT equipment from terminated or relocated employees is returned, and systems access is terminated as required.
- Maintaining equipment inventory.
As a successful candidate, you will be passionate about IT, and have a drive to constantly learn and upgrade your skills. You will exhibit the following fundamental character traits:
- Personable, with a positive attitude.
- Trustworthy, honest and accountable.
- Strongly committed to providing superior customer service.
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- A sense of ownership for issues and tasks, and initiative in achieving resolution.
- Able to multi-task and efficiently respond to rapidly changing priorities.
You will also have the following experience, skills, and knowledge:
- One to two years in a Desktop Support role working with Intel platform hardware & peripherals.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal & written communication skills.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills (particularly hardware / software).
- Microsoft Windows 7 and up.
- Microsoft Office 2013 and previous versions.
- Good working knowledge of networking & TCP/IP, including installation, setup and troubleshooting of network printing.
- Strong documentation skills.
Additional Beneficial Skills
Help Desk experience, including ticketing systems.
A+, MCP, or other IT certifications.
HTML / ASP.
Founded in 1998 and based in Calgary, Alberta, Xydom Technologies Ltd. is a growing IT services company servicing the SMB market, with a focus on Oil & Gas industry clients. We take pride in our use of best of breed and leading edge technologies to provide highly reliable and efficient IT infrastructure and services to our clients, both single and multi-site. We are an organization where dedication, hard work, good judgment and results are recognized and rewarded.
Xydom is committed to continuous learning and improvement, and we provide active support for training and personal advancement. Our office is centrally located just east of downtown, close to transit and restaurants, with free parking available. We offer a friendly work environment and competitive compensation.
We require a responsible individual with their own vehicle. If you believe you are the right individual for this opportunity, please submit your resume along with a cover letter and salary expectation. No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.