Desired Expertise: Mechanical Design, Drafting
Experience: entry level
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Engineer in Training or Mechanical Engineering Technologist responsible for:
- Design and detail of new and existing mechanical components.
- Manage CAD data, drawings standards
- Utilize 2D or 3D computer aided design software to create layouts of mechanical systems, devices and components, and create fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Perform numerical analysis on mechanical components or devices for strength of materials utilizing hand calculations as well as computer aided design tools.
- Conceptualization of products related to coiled tubing units and drilling rigs, devices or systems. Create sales concept drawings to communicate concepts to others.
- Create technical specifications to facilitate the procurement of components.
- Providing technical support for field and shop, sales department.
- Travel to field locations as required for quality control, supervise construction.
- Provide technical insight to rig up crews
- University degree or diploma in Engineering, or a diploma in Engineering Technology (or Mechanical Engineering Technologist ) from a recognized technical institute. Eligible for or a member of ASET or APEGGA.
- Strong mechanical problem solving skills.
- AutoCAD and/or 3D modeling software (Pro-Engineer) modeling experience preferred.
- Any experience with oilfield equipment manufacturing/design would be an asset. Strong mechanical background is beneficial. Electrical and hydraulics knowledge is beneficial.
- Organized, and able to work with minimal supervision. Self-motivated. Ability to work in multi-disciplinary environment, both team and individual.
- Attentive to detail.
- Decision making ability.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Class 5 driver's license.
- Ability to travel.