XS Cargo

XS Cargo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and diverse work crew.
Employee (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great staff
What I loved most about working at XS Cargo was the people I worked with. I get along with every type of person imaginable. I had old, young, male, female, married and single co-workers to mingle with as we delivered top notch customer service.
Poor Managment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Dealing with very difficult customers on a day to day basis.
Poor upper managment.
Longer lunch time if needed without losing hrs.
Key holder, supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: easy going management, trust
Cons: breaks not enough for long shifts.
Sign into system, count and open cash register. Serve customers as they came to you. When not busy put out stock and cleaned area.
As a key holder and opening in the morning, opened store, counted safe and entered amounts in system. Completed paper work from the night before and placed in appropriate file. Checked email for any information from head – more... office. Took float trays to the cash area, turned on music, TV's and opened store for customers. Put out stock and cleaned store. – less
Excellent place to begin your working life
Stock member/ Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge PNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: positivity
Cons: heat
Awesome atmosphere with comfortable and supportive co-workers. Many smiles and many opportunities to expand on product knowledge and to network with other people. From learning how to present stock to operating the cash registers and then being fluent with decisions and ways to sell as time went on. The hardest part of the job was rushing around on – more... busy sale days; very fast paced environment. Best parts were truck mornings having to lift heavy and move quick to unload trucks. This day was never a dull day. – less
Productive and great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 12, 2014
Enjoyed my work/life balance
Management team is very professional and understanding
Great dedicated co-workers
Great family type atmosphere with fantastic ability to move up.
Store Manager, Management Trainer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 8, 2014
Other than the past two months, this was a great company to work for
Was a great place to work
Senior Category Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga OntarioSeptember 30, 2014
Unfortunately XS Cargo is in liquidation and will not be around in the next few months. The company was a great place to work when I started but as the transformation moved to corporate we lost our identity as being a closeout retailer.
Retail Experience
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), MississaugaSeptember 28, 2014
Working for XS Cargo has given me the experience to advance in my role. You are given the opportunity to learn about the various roles that support the company. Management is very helpful.
Stressful work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good concept of business
Cons: bad return/refund policy. no quality control from vendors
XS Cargo is a liquidation company that sells new and refurbished goods. Even though there are great bargains to find (i.e. food, clothing, bedding, furniture, gardening supplies); there are more problems with any electrical refurbished products (appliances, tablets, TV's). This has been an issue for years, where products that we sell don't work and – more... when the customer comes back demanding his/her money back, all we can do is either offer them an exchange for the same product or a credit voucher. We deal with this scenario at least 20 times a day.

This is an "All Sales Final...No Refunds" business which we communicate to all of our customers.

As the store manager, I had to try and diffuse any conflict between the customer and our staff (that are only following company policy on returns). My team understood the daunting tasks that they had to endure and even though frustrating, they all succeeded.

The comradery with the staff and repeat customers was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Fun environment, nice staff and good management.
cashier (Current Employee), ajax onSeptember 24, 2014
Fun environment,nice staff good management.Cash customer good,greet customer and make sure the store is ready for the next day.
Training
Store Manager/District Manager in Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2014
XS Cargo took the time to train their Management in leadership. Staff was very friendly and we received a lot of support from Home Office.
Small company, feels like working with family, fun and productive
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: fun, exciting to watch your vision come to fruition
Cons: high stress levels meeting deadlines when working with so many people
Each week was built on the following schedule as each day was totally different as we build ads, send ads to print and then review ad performance.
Mondays we reviewed ads going to print and performance of past ads,
Tuesday was spent getting ads finalized to go to print and introduce next ad promotions,
Wednesdays were devoted to getting the outgoing – more... ad to print, Thursdays were spent building merchandising plans and communications to stores and starting to build the next set of ads, Friday was used to build and finalize placement of the next set of ads. – less
Great Place to Work
Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 28, 2014
In my previous position as a warehouse supervisor at XS Cargo, I monitor all aspect of logistic from receiving, picking, shipping and returns.
A General Work
Quality checker (Former Employee), BramptonJune 29, 2014
It was a contract Job whereas through which I learned about checking the Quality of chairs , communication skills, managerial skills from manager.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: coffee breaks
Cons: long standing hours
Managing till and interacting with customers.
Customer Interaction and Cash Handling.
Amazing Manager; Very helpful and understanding.
Very Friendly and fun to work with.
Managing erratic and irrational customers.
Customer Interaction and helping people get what they want.
up and coming business
Stock worker (Former Employee), Mississauga OntMarch 29, 2014
Pros: smoke breaks
Cons: unpaid lunches
Start at 9. unpaid lunch around 2. finish at 5.help 100 customers a day mostly for price checks because the store I worked at never had price tags on anything.
good and positive thinking and respect with coworkers be friendly and playing soccer strong work habit
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2014
fast pased very stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: could be fun and the fellow employees
Cons: angry customers, and not recieving the proper stock!!!
The work enviroment was very stressful due to angry customers but the fellow employees made up for that as we all tried to make the best of each situation! we all became one big family in many way at work and outside of work! I still talk to many of my old fellow emplyees!!
Task and Accomplished
Regional Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Maximized business growth and performance while exceeding targets and deadlines which resulted the most profitable district in Canada by providing coaching and mentoring store managers and colleagues to ensure the corporate plans were executed and operational procedures and standards adhered to

•Coached store managers across Greater Toronto Area to – more... merchandise to new structures

•Communicated with Purchasing department to allocate new merchandise into our 10 stores across GTA

•Developed “Model Store” for all visual merchandising initiatives that were then deployed to all stores company wide – less
Always stocking shelves.
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good boss
Cons: bad pay
Grab a pallet stock shelves, see how much I can do in the day. there is always something to do. Boss was very nice easy to get along with as were my co-workers, it was a good work place.