XS Cargo Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace
Supervisor/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 June 2017
A great place to advance quickly and have a fun, enjoyable workplace. The staff all got along and there were rarely any supply issues. Daily work was pretty much the same everyday and everyone knew what they had to do which made supervising less stressful.
An okay job
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 June 2017
XS Cargo went down a few years ago but the job was mostly enjoyable. Co-workers were mostly nice, management was hard but nice.
Sadly people had to be laid off due to money.
A job where you can stock and be on your own or greeting customers and asking if they need help.
Closed
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 June 2017
Typical day at work would be organizing the trucks that came in, putting stuff on shelves, organizing shelves and inventory. Aiding costumers, dealing with returns and warranty policies. Having to keep track of new inventory that comes in as well as the broken or returned items.

Most enjoyable is dealing with the people, and making sure they getting what they need.
fun workplace
Morning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2017
I enjoyed working in the fast paced warehouse, the employees were all great.
the benefits were awesome and the hours were great, sorry that the business in no longer around, I miss working and shopping there.
Eh
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 April 2017
This was my first job and it wasn't that great but it was a job and i got paid so i did my job worked long hours, learned really nothing other then to use the cash register, the manager was eh, the environment was quite, and the hardest part was the long hours, best part was that everything was cheap
shipping/ receiving , cashier, stock
STOCK, SHIPPER/RECEIVER, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2017
Fun atmosphere, fast paced, good management however company went out of business. manager was great, just not enough hours
Challenging
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2017
Good company for work for and new thing to learn every day. Merchandising skills, new ideas and as a general manager you own the store and responsibe the results and targets.
Great coworkers saved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 August 2016
This company no longer exists, having declared bankruptcy and falling apart a few years ago. While I did worker there, I admittedly did not like the job, but I had terrific coworkers. Turnover rates for this company was usually very high, within the three-month probation usually, but my coworkers and I were able to stay employed for a very long time. I was transferred to this job from an XS Cargo in Medicine Hat, Alberta. The hardest part of this job was management and customers, who were often hostile (understandably) due to the terrible return policy and practices of XS Cargo. I was expected to sell three-year "warranties" which were roundabout ways of trapping customers into never getting their money back from the store once paid, even if they got a faulty and defective product. The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers, who fought with me to keep the workplace sane.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible company policies
very busy store
Full-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2016
shift supervisor did everything that a manager did but without the pay . good job never took a day off
Pros
discounts were very good
Great people, awful management
Winnipeg Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 June 2016
I loved the work, hated the management.
Co-workers were great to be around. Always had a fun time. Upper management had no respect for us though.
Cons
upper management
Excellent co workers
Asst. Manager / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2016
Worked for XS Cargo, in Warehouse and In-store ( x2)

Everyone was great to work with and goal orientated, customer service was excellent, and treated their employees with respect
Pros
excellent opportunities to improve and advance
Cons
My district Manager at that time, unprofessional
Customer service oriented and sales driven
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 May 2016
Above all XS Cargo was a great life and career experience. During this journey i learned how to be a team leader, merchandise, generate Sales, and ship/receive product. The company closed shortly after i started my career due to bankruptcy.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Untrustworthy employers
Super fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 April 2016
The place was a mess, and unorganized for most of the time I was there. The co workers and managers were incredibly supportive though of the mistakes I would make. Eventually I got used to the workplace, which made everything more fun.
Pros
Freedom on break time
Cons
The place is a mess at the end of the day
Hooray, they're out of business
Retail clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2016
training was non-existant
manager was too laid back
shoddy merchandise
when work slowed I was cut down to 4-8 hours a week while others were working 30-40
lazy over-privileged co-workers
minimum wage
glad they're out of business
Pros
paradise if you don't care about quality or hard work or customer satisfaction
Cons
bad training and irresponsible co-workers and management
Great atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 January 2016
Wonderful management, amazing experience, and I quite enjoyed the work. It is a shame the business went under. Not enough hours though and I was constantly being left as the only sales associate on the floor with one manager or supervisor in the back.
It was a good place
Back worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2015
Lots of stock to move, it was a very busy place, always something new to do everyday that I was on shift, but ,this to, closed and went-out-of-business,
Fantastic But does not matter
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam BC25 September 2015
Company is gone so the review makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Even if I tell you to work here that can't happen so no point
Not Bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 September 2015
The company is no longer in business, however when it was it was a decent place to work. no real definitive roll as an employee. expected to do everything from cash/sales/inventory etc.
Fun and interesting place to work. Taught me a lot about retail and customer service.
Full Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, On17 September 2015
At XS Cargo you were a jack of all trades. We did everything Customer Service ,merchandising,inventory,training of staff for current store or other store locations. Educated employees and customers on products. We were a very close staff of employees and everyone helped everyone out.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling.
Cons
Shortage of product at times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan5 August 2015
Not a lot of hours depending on manager
Not a lot of shifts
Minimum wage, doesn't go up
Co workers were fun
Hardest part of job passing time