XS Cargo

XS Cargo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent pace and great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 5, 2015
Very flexible management who understands their employees needs and are clear and concise in their daily goals. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants a start on the working market.
Great Staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 27, 2015
Having known the Assistant Manager from a previous job, I knew that it would be a fun place to work, & it was, the staff made it fun to come into work every day.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), burlington onApril 23, 2015
great place to work staff was extremely friendly and welcoming to bad they closed throughtly enjoyed working there and with the safft
great employees with positive attitudes to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: limited space
working for Xs cargo has been a big eye opener.. sadly i only had the chance to work for them a little less then 4 months. it was sad to also say that they filled for bankruptcy recently leaving me with no work. it has been a joy ride working for the company, honestly. employees were confused and so were employers. i enjoyed working for the company utilizing my profound skills in communicating with costumers/ guests.
I enjoy working as a team.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), mississauga,onFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I was haired as a receiving associate but I was able to perform all the duties in all department. I don't complain about, actually I enjoyed working in different department. I learn lot.
Company no longer has holdings
Full-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: just about everything
Cons: no longer in business
working here was an absolute pleasure. I really enjoyed the positive work environment that was created by the friendly (almost family-like) staff. It is a shame that this company no longer has holdings.
I loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SaskatchewanDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: they went bankrupt
I really enjoyed working there. The staff was amazing. When I started there I was a cashier, I quickly moved up in the company. I was never afraid of a challenge and really enjoyed working with the public everyday
Fun and diverse work crew.
Employee (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great staff
What I loved most about working at XS Cargo was the people I worked with. I get along with every type of person imaginable. I had old, young, male, female, married and single co-workers to mingle with as we delivered top notch customer service.
Poor Managment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Dealing with very difficult customers on a day to day basis.
Poor upper managment.
Longer lunch time if needed without losing hrs.
Key holder, supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: easy going management, trust
Cons: breaks not enough for long shifts.
Sign into system, count and open cash register. Serve customers as they came to you. When not busy put out stock and cleaned area.
As a key holder and opening in the morning, opened store, counted safe and entered amounts in system. Completed paper work from the night before and placed in appropriate file. Checked email for any information from head office. Took float trays to the cash area, turned on music, TV's and opened store for customers. Put out stock and cleaned store.
Excellent place to begin your working life
Stock member/ Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge PNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: positivity
Cons: heat
Awesome atmosphere with comfortable and supportive co-workers. Many smiles and many opportunities to expand on product knowledge and to network with other people. From learning how to present stock to operating the cash registers and then being fluent with decisions and ways to sell as time went on. The hardest part of the job was rushing around on busy sale days; very fast paced environment. Best parts were truck mornings having to lift heavy and move quick to unload trucks. This day was never a dull day.
Productive and great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 12, 2014
Enjoyed my work/life balance
Management team is very professional and understanding
Great dedicated co-workers
Great family type atmosphere with fantastic ability to move up.
Store Manager, Management Trainer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 8, 2014
Other than the past two months, this was a great company to work for
Was a great place to work
Senior Category Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga OntarioSeptember 30, 2014
Unfortunately XS Cargo is in liquidation and will not be around in the next few months. The company was a great place to work when I started but as the transformation moved to corporate we lost our identity as being a closeout retailer.
Retail Experience
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), MississaugaSeptember 28, 2014
Working for XS Cargo has given me the experience to advance in my role. You are given the opportunity to learn about the various roles that support the company. Management is very helpful.
Stressful work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good concept of business
Cons: bad return/refund policy. no quality control from vendors
XS Cargo is a liquidation company that sells new and refurbished goods. Even though there are great bargains to find (i.e. food, clothing, bedding, furniture, gardening supplies); there are more problems with any electrical refurbished products (appliances, tablets, TV's). This has been an issue for years, where products that we sell don't work and when the customer comes back demanding his/her money back, all we can do is either offer them an exchange for the same product or a credit voucher. We deal with this scenario at least 20 times a day.

This is an "All Sales Final...No Refunds" business which we communicate to all of our customers.

As the store manager, I had to try and diffuse any conflict between the customer and our staff (that are only following company policy on returns). My team understood the daunting tasks that they had to endure and even though frustrating, they all succeeded.

The comradery with the staff and repeat customers was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Fun environment, nice staff and good management.
cashier (Current Employee), ajax onSeptember 24, 2014
Fun environment,nice staff good management.Cash customer good,greet customer and make sure the store is ready for the next day.
Training
Store Manager/District Manager in Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2014
XS Cargo took the time to train their Management in leadership. Staff was very friendly and we received a lot of support from Home Office.
Small company, feels like working with family, fun and productive
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: fun, exciting to watch your vision come to fruition
Cons: high stress levels meeting deadlines when working with so many people
Each week was built on the following schedule as each day was totally different as we build ads, send ads to print and then review ad performance.
Mondays we reviewed ads going to print and performance of past ads,
Tuesday was spent getting ads finalized to go to print and introduce next ad promotions,
Wednesdays were devoted to getting the outgoing ad to print, Thursdays were spent building merchandising plans and communications to stores and starting to build the next set of ads, Friday was used to build and finalize placement of the next set of ads.
Great Place to Work
Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 28, 2014
In my previous position as a warehouse supervisor at XS Cargo, I monitor all aspect of logistic from receiving, picking, shipping and returns.

1 2 3