Xplornet Communications Employee Reviews

Wisp
Customer Systems Engineer (CSE) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2017
With other companies IT is a necessity and a cost centre. In this organization you immediately add value through your work efforts.

As this is a small ISP you will be waring multiple hats. Which gives you exposure to the overall business.
Good pay and benefits, but the company sucks
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB8 August 2017
Xplornet Communications is an Internet Provider for customers. I worked as a Tech Agent answering phone calls from customers who had issues with our service. Our service sucks because the company oversells, and the company expects its employees to lie to customers about why the service is so bad. Again, the pay is good, the benefits are good, but everything else, sucks.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Unethical company policies
Productive workplace with incentives and room for advancement
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB7 July 2017
A typical day at work was handling incoming calls from customers who required technical support for their satellite internet and home phone services. Occasionally, when experiencing low volumes of calls in the Technical Support department, some were chosen to take billing and sales calls.
I didn't learn much, as I have been in a call centre environment dealing with these types of calls before and also work in quality assurance monitoring these types of calls, so I went in knowing a lot and besides learning about the products, there wasn't anything job or task specific that I didn't already know.
Management was great,always easily accessible and helpful.
The workplace culture was relaxed, though sometimes frantic, and my co-workers were great to work with. I found we were always able to help each other out and ask each other questions if ever needed without any hesitation.
The hardest part of the job was the juggling of day and night shifts. Half the week would be day shifts, half would be night. Overall it wasn't too bad but it was hard to stay on a good sleep schedule and be fully energized when the shifts turned over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping customers out with problems they couldn't otherwise help themselves with, especially the really complicated technical issues. Sometimes there were incentives and little bonuses for quality of calls so that was a nice perk as well.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping others, incentives, great co-workers, in my wheelhouse as far as my skills are concerned
Cons
Juggling of day and night shifts with no time between turnovers
Great place to work!!
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB3 July 2017
Xplornet is an awesome place to work. Great pay, benefits and awesome management. Employees get treated really well. Managment is constantly showing their appreciation towards employees from free lunches, games/activities, prizes etc!
Pros
Great pay, good Managment, benefits
Cons
Night shift
good but work load is high
IP Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB2 July 2017
Xplornet Communications has a good work environment with good culture. Working in Network operations team would be sometimes stressful/challenging as it's growing.
Terrible place
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB25 May 2017
I worked at Xplornet in different rolls for a number of years. Shifts are terrible even after working there for 3 years. Management did not care about advancing you if you were good at your job.

They expected us to lie to our customers (stretch have the truth). Also expected us to lie and retain customers.

The work environment is dirty and at times disgusting.
Pros
Pay is good. Lots of overtime available
Cons
Shifts were bad and management doesn't care
Excellent management, Difficult Scheduling.
Amanda Charbonneau, Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 May 2017
Overall enjoyed my time at Xplornet. Really enjoyed working with the supervisors and managers, they upheld company policy very thoroughly, and promoted an atmosphere of friendliness and understanding in a very otherwise difficult work environment. It is a 24 hour customer service center, so the work scheduling can be very inconvenient if you hope to have any sort of life outside of work, and some of the policies around employee time management were overly strict and obstructive, though admittedly much better than most customer support centers. Overall not a bad place to work, lots of internal promoting if you're looking for a career.
Pros
In building, free access gym, free lunches and gift cards, friendly management.
Cons
You will get either the hours you want or the days you want off, but never both.
worst place to work on the planet
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 March 2017
If you are ever offered a job at this business. Please do me a favor reference the facebook sight Xplornet Sucks and then calmly close your computer and RUN
Pros
Cons
Overbearing bosses, Micro Managing supervisors, Attempt to get around the LAbor board and the humar rights comminstion with bulling
satisfactory environment
System Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB30 December 2016
there is always kind of biasing towards employees and work related. Bonus starts only at higher level, that should change in good times. Work level attention should be more at all stages
A very productive, and positive environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NB12 December 2016
Clean, open concept, positive, and helpful environment. One never felt any lesser than the other when it came to position titles. Everyone was friends with each other outside of work, and that made for better productivity levels.
Pros
Open Concept, Personal desks, Nice rec room
Its a company that takes care of their employee but who needs to expand its work force
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 December 2016
They are usually very generous and do recognize their employees for their hard work as a company. But it seems they are receiving a higher call volume then their current work force is able to handle to they need to expand more on that side.
Pros
Free meals, in house reward programs, good benefits
Cons
Some of the managers shouldn't be there, hard to get a shift with good hours, not enough employees for the volume they receive
Why must I have to go through this nonsense to post my resume?
Technical Support Specialist (Home Agent) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 November 2016
technical troubleshooting for satellite Internet and fixed wireless Internt. Nothing Special about this place. The site director in Fredericton is a B. I.T.C.H.
Pros
work from home
Cons
working nights
Xplornet Communiations
Technical Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 May 2016
Excellent focus on both customer and employee satisfaction. Managing a tricky focus between handle time per call along with not rushing a customer was always a challenge.
Pros
Celebration meals after major workload spikes for the employees
Cons
Sub par salary for management personnel
Great Work Place
Network Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodsatock, NB11 April 2016
Xplornet is a great place to work. Amazing people and always a learning and encouraging atmosphere. My position requires 12 hours shift, 4 days a week. Not stressful as we are working in a team and your team work skills are proven here.
High Stress Environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB11 March 2016
Fielding calls from dissatisfied customers.
Management is not supportive of their employees.
Management is only concerned about numbers, not resolving their customer's issues.
Co-workers are great, but due to new policies, aren't able to help each other anymore. If employee reaches out to co-worker they fail QA.
Hardest part of job is no support from management and being forced to not tell the whole truth to a customer.
Pros
free food
Cons
no support from management, no tools and high stress
Always something new to learn
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 February 2016
Xplornet was a great company to work for. They always had my back, and always had something new for me to learn. They offer a great benefits package and quarterly bonuses.
Short career for an experienced professional
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB14 November 2015
I have over 13 years experience in the IT industry with a mountain of experience in disaster recovery, enterprise technologies and application development, operations and support.

Hired on to bring new technologies and techniques into the company. I left a very profitable 9 year position for this opportunity because of the technology opportunities involved. Soon after being hired, they fired my boss, and many others thereafter. Short story, internal politics so another could have the job of which they have not a single IT bone in their body. Leadership is lacking in many areas.

They have the worst culture I've ever been in!

Was let go for the following reason and I quote "you're experience and knowledge supersedes that of this department and we don't want you here!" This all happen right in front of HR who's reply was they have no power over the hiring processes. WHAT! really? First time I've heard that! My former colleagues told me first hand they were told I just left and would no longer be with them. Interesting......no?

Bottom line is, there was jockeying in the background based on social status.

I'm happy to be gone and moved on to the next adventure as I personally don't enjoy having "the tail wag the dog" so to speak. When decisions are made from the rear, it stinks!

*** Disclaimer *** - This post is made from personal experience and no confidential information was release. It's expressed as a Freedom of speech and is in no way trying to derail potential prospects for this company.
Pros
Benefits if you can negotiate them
Cons
Environment and Culture
Workplace can be noisy, share a desk with other employees on different shifts.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 October 2015
Once you complete your training, you are on the floor taking calls trouble shooting internet connectivity issues, email issues and Xplornet home phone issues.

There is not a lot of down time, so you do not get much time to interact with your co-workers.

Hardest part of the job is how repetitive the customer's issues can be.

The most enjoyable part is
Pros
Occasional free lunches, optional overtime, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Not very flexible in terms of scheduling.
Great Company - Rough Job
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton Area, NB6 July 2015
TSS is very tough, a lot of angry people and it's very taxing. This was ultimately my reason for leaving. The company itself treated us very well.
Cons
Customers
Produtive place to work and learn technical skills
Present Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB29 December 2014
At Xplornet Communications I developed the skills to troubleshoot the internet to help people's problems with it. As well developed the skill to fix an issue with computers. Overall this job taught me those skills as well as patience with others and trying to understand what a person needs to receive help.
Pros
good pay
Cons
deal with irrate customers on the phone