Xplornet Communications Employee Reviews

Great place to work!!
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB3 July 2017
Xplornet is an awesome place to work. Great pay, benefits and awesome management. Employees get treated really well. Managment is constantly showing their appreciation towards employees from free lunches, games/activities, prizes etc!
Pros
Great pay, good Managment, benefits
Cons
Night shift
good but work load is high
IP Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB2 July 2017
Xplornet Communications has a good work environment with good culture. Working in Network operations team would be sometimes stressful/challenging as it's growing.
Terrible place
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB25 May 2017
I worked at Xplornet in different rolls for a number of years. Shifts are terrible even after working there for 3 years. Management did not care about advancing you if you were good at your job.

They expected us to lie to our customers (stretch have the truth). Also expected us to lie and retain customers.

The work environment is dirty and at times disgusting.
Pros
Pay is good. Lots of overtime available
Cons
Shifts were bad and management doesn't care
Excellent management, Difficult Scheduling.
Amanda Charbonneau, Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 May 2017
Overall enjoyed my time at Xplornet. Really enjoyed working with the supervisors and managers, they upheld company policy very thoroughly, and promoted an atmosphere of friendliness and understanding in a very otherwise difficult work environment. It is a 24 hour customer service center, so the work scheduling can be very inconvenient if you hope to have any sort of life outside of work, and some of the policies around employee time management were overly strict and obstructive, though admittedly much better than most customer support centers. Overall not a bad place to work, lots of internal promoting if you're looking for a career.
Pros
In building, free access gym, free lunches and gift cards, friendly management.
Cons
You will get either the hours you want or the days you want off, but never both.
worst place to work on the planet
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 March 2017
If you are ever offered a job at this business. Please do me a favor reference the facebook sight Xplornet Sucks and then calmly close your computer and RUN
Pros
Cons
Overbearing bosses, Micro Managing supervisors, Attempt to get around the LAbor board and the humar rights comminstion with bulling
satisfactory environment
System Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB30 December 2016
there is always kind of biasing towards employees and work related. Bonus starts only at higher level, that should change in good times. Work level attention should be more at all stages
A very productive, and positive environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NB12 December 2016
Clean, open concept, positive, and helpful environment. One never felt any lesser than the other when it came to position titles. Everyone was friends with each other outside of work, and that made for better productivity levels.
Pros
Open Concept, Personal desks, Nice rec room
Its a company that takes care of their employee but who needs to expand its work force
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 December 2016
They are usually very generous and do recognize their employees for their hard work as a company. But it seems they are receiving a higher call volume then their current work force is able to handle to they need to expand more on that side.
Pros
Free meals, in house reward programs, good benefits
Cons
Some of the managers shouldn't be there, hard to get a shift with good hours, not enough employees for the volume they receive
Why must I have to go through this nonsense to post my resume?
Technical Support Specialist (Home Agent) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 November 2016
technical troubleshooting for satellite Internet and fixed wireless Internt. Nothing Special about this place. The site director in Fredericton is a B. I.T.C.H.
Pros
work from home
Cons
working nights
Xplornet Communiations
Technical Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 May 2016
Excellent focus on both customer and employee satisfaction. Managing a tricky focus between handle time per call along with not rushing a customer was always a challenge.
Pros
Celebration meals after major workload spikes for the employees
Cons
Sub par salary for management personnel
Great Work Place
Network Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodsatock, NB11 April 2016
Xplornet is a great place to work. Amazing people and always a learning and encouraging atmosphere. My position requires 12 hours shift, 4 days a week. Not stressful as we are working in a team and your team work skills are proven here.
High Stress Environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB11 March 2016
Fielding calls from dissatisfied customers.
Management is not supportive of their employees.
Management is only concerned about numbers, not resolving their customer's issues.
Co-workers are great, but due to new policies, aren't able to help each other anymore. If employee reaches out to co-worker they fail QA.
Hardest part of job is no support from management and being forced to not tell the whole truth to a customer.
Pros
free food
Cons
no support from management, no tools and high stress
Always something new to learn
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 February 2016
Xplornet was a great company to work for. They always had my back, and always had something new for me to learn. They offer a great benefits package and quarterly bonuses.
Short career for an experienced professional
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB14 November 2015
I have over 13 years experience in the IT industry with a mountain of experience in disaster recovery, enterprise technologies and application development, operations and support.

Hired on to bring new technologies and techniques into the company. I left a very profitable 9 year position for this opportunity because of the technology opportunities involved. Soon after being hired, they fired my boss, and many others thereafter. Short story, internal politics so another could have the job of which they have not a single IT bone in their body. Leadership is lacking in many areas.

They have the worst culture I've ever been in!

Was let go for the following reason and I quote "you're experience and knowledge supersedes that of this department and we don't want you here!" This all happen right in front of HR who's reply was they have no power over the hiring processes. WHAT! really? First time I've heard that! My former colleagues told me first hand they were told I just left and would no longer be with them. Interesting......no?

Bottom line is, there was jockeying in the background based on social status.

I'm happy to be gone and moved on to the next adventure as I personally don't enjoy having "the tail wag the dog" so to speak. When decisions are made from the rear, it stinks!

*** Disclaimer *** - This post is made from personal experience and no confidential information was release. It's expressed as a Freedom of speech and is in no way trying to derail potential prospects for this company.
Pros
Benefits if you can negotiate them
Cons
Environment and Culture
Workplace can be noisy, share a desk with other employees on different shifts.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 October 2015
Once you complete your training, you are on the floor taking calls trouble shooting internet connectivity issues, email issues and Xplornet home phone issues.

There is not a lot of down time, so you do not get much time to interact with your co-workers.

Hardest part of the job is how repetitive the customer's issues can be.

The most enjoyable part is
Pros
Occasional free lunches, optional overtime, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Not very flexible in terms of scheduling.
Great Company - Rough Job
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton Area, NB6 July 2015
TSS is very tough, a lot of angry people and it's very taxing. This was ultimately my reason for leaving. The company itself treated us very well.
Cons
Customers
Produtive place to work and learn technical skills
Present Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB29 December 2014
At Xplornet Communications I developed the skills to troubleshoot the internet to help people's problems with it. As well developed the skill to fix an issue with computers. Overall this job taught me those skills as well as patience with others and trying to understand what a person needs to receive help.
Pros
good pay
Cons
deal with irrate customers on the phone
If you value yourself, dont apply here!
Subject Matter Expert (Level 2 Technical Support) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 May 2014
This place was like working in a dungeon. You are not a person- you are a number. If you don't meet their stupid goals, you get a warning. They act like they are your friend when they are only out to spite you.

Management?? There is no "management" just a bunch of people who have the mind set of high school drama students.

And customer's... Don't get me started. Let's just say- they are the slums of Canada. They treat you like garbage because Xplornet treats THEM like garbage and promises them service that they will never deliver.

The whole atmosphere is depressing and you will not advance there unless you are part of the "clique" and good luck with that.

This is me being polite but also looking out for your well being- RUN! RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!

and if you didn't listen to me..... Just you wait and see.
Worst place I've ever worked in my life.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2014
Despite the decent pay checks, this place is absolutely horrible.
The day that we had the major snow storm, my car was stuck in the parking lot, no cab companies were open to drive me home, so I was stuck there until 2am (my shift ended at 7pm) for someone to help push me out. I was an hour late the next day, and got fired for it.
This was my only late occurrence, I had 0 absences, 0 lates, and my phone stats were above average.
I was told that the reason why I was late was not a good reason to miss work. (I was late before I got stuck in my own drive way once I returned home and was up until 6am trying to push my car out of the snow, so I was not fit to go to work at 10am with no sleep).

The management team there is a complete load of bologna. No one knows what they are talking about. If you ask one supervisor a question, they will tell you one thing, and then another supervisor will coach you for doing it that way, stating that it is wrong.

Nobody ever tells you when you are doing a good job, only when you do something wrong. The people who work there don't like their jobs, and the customers hate Xplornet even more, but are trapped with them because there is no other internet provider.

This company does not care about employees, or long term customers.

I do not recommend working here!
Pros
Pay
Great pay, Terrible company ethics.
Dual Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 March 2014
Found that it was fun and really enjoyed working there initially, was promoted several times within several months, however, at that point hit a ceiling as my manager was inaccessible and was never able to discuss the possibility of a plan to move forward at that time. Scheduling is kind of awful, and you learn that you're really just a number to them. Eventually, you get sick of defending their terrible products that they can't even back up. Salary and Benefits are Phenomenal, and I do miss the money, but I sleep better at night not having to con customers into staying with this company and their terrible policies. (IE: If someone's home burns down, we were responsible to tell them they then owed us $500+ for the cost of equipment and $25/month for the remainder of their contracted months.) Not so much fun.
Pros
Fun events, Great Pay, Amazing benefits
Cons
Terrible Schedules, horrible policies, burn out quickly