Position Overview: *
We are looking for a Logistics Specialist to support the development and maintenance of Xplornet’s Fixed Wireless Network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create Purchase Orders for inventoried materials and supply parts.
- Translate Field Plans for future projects into Stock Transport Orders. Work closely with RF Engineering team to determine future projects.
- Receive, store, and ship materials, using standard systems (e.g., SAP scanners, Courier interfaces, etc.) and methods (e.g., appropriate packaging and labeling).
- Process inventory movements to support tower repair & maintenance.
- Receive equipment returns from the field. Assess condition, test as applicable, and prepare RMA transactions.
- Perform cycle counts and enter count adjustments.
- Coordinate the annual count of field inventory with members of Field Operations.
- Assess inventory and prepare equipment disposals, provisions, and write-offs.
- Configure devices according to engineering specifications.
- Prepare pre-assemblies for cabinets and install equipment in cabinets.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of experience in inventory management and logistics.
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP or Oracle.
- Experience with warehouse operations, with tasks such as RF scanning, with concepts such as cycle counting and serialization.
- Experience with shipping systems and processes, in particular, with couriers and brokers.
- Familiarity with broadcast equipment such as access/backhaul radios.
- Familiarity with networking equipment such as switches and routers.
- General knowledge of construction projects and principles.
- Background or training as an electrician would be helpful.
- Training and certification to drive a forklift would be considered an asset.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Solid skills with MS Excel.
Condition of employment:
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check. Details will be supplied to applicants as they move through the selection process.
Headquartered in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Xplornet Communications Inc. (formerly Barrett Xplore Inc.) is Canada's leading rural broadband provider. We believe everyone should have access to the transformative benefits of broadband, so we make our service available everywhere in Canada, including the hard to reach places. We overcome the challenges of Canada’s vast geography through our deployment of Canada’s first national 4G network, which leverages both fixed-wireless towers on the ground and next-generation satellites in space. Our customers live in the farthest reaches of the country and just outside of major urban centres, and through our coast-to-coast network of local dealers we connect them to all that the Internet offers. Xplornet is high-speed Internet - for all of Canada.
Indeed - 7 months ago