Since 1979, Xibita has been creating and manufacturing custom and portable displays with award-winning expertise.
Whether it’s a portable banner stand or advanced custom exhibit, we take pride in the products and services that our people and solutions offer. By focusing on quality and value we foster a lifetime relationship with our clients that is the mission of each employee at Xibita and a benefit for every client.
Position Title: Shipping/Receiving Materials Coordinator
Reports To: Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Location: Richmond, BC
Start Date: August 2014
- Supports all material and logistics team members in daily processes.
- Ensures that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements.
- Negotiate with transportation providers to obtain best rates and services.
- Coordinates with Shipping & Receiving Supervisor on a daily/weekly basis that availability fulfillment manufactured finished goods are completed and ready for shipping. * Receive and process transportation requirements including freight quotes to requested clients.
- Prepares and manages all related global support shipping documentations.
- Ensures warehouse materials are stored and labeled in an efficient manner.
- Resolves customer challenges & complaints to ensure customer satisfaction. .
- Ensures safety regulations are adhered to, and housekeeping is performed on a daily basis.
- Assists with any Special Projects, (Facility Layout Planning, Storage, 5S)
- Attends daily huddles and scheduled meetings.
- Performs any other tasks directed by reporting Supervisor.
KEY INTERNAL CONTACTS
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, Print & Finishing Supervisor, CSR’s and I&D
EDCUATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.C.I.T Graduate Desirable
- 3 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding, Border Regulations, Warehousing & Inventory Management.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and constant deadlines.
- Problem-Solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions for dilemmas and problems that can occur. * Strong attention to detail with the ability to seek alternative solutions for dilemmas and problems.
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor to all internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, ERP, and Online Logistics Software.
- Forklift Experience (Counter Balance)
- Level 1 First Aid Ticket Desirable
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License MUST
Indeed - 4 months ago