Xerox Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun work place
Office Support/Supervisor of DocuCerntre (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
supervisor
• Opening and closing office (activating and deactivating alarm)
• Preparing course packs for students
• Printing Exams for professors
• Monthly inventory of : Printer, U-Safe, course packs sold, paper used or wasted
• Cashier
• Printing, faxing and scanning documents
Maintenance Engineer
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Maintenance EngineerDecember 15, 2013
Start work at 8.00
- attend the morning meeting in the office from 8.15 till 8.45 am
- discus all subject and our recommendation to our manger for improvement our work.
- go to the store to collect the required spars for my machines
- start to complete the oppened calls from yasterday and befor .
- start the new calls to visit all sites.
-collect all required spars
Productivity
Service Technician (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Pros: independence, team work
The most enjoyable part of my job is going out everyday, facing various challenges and meeting with different customers on site. Day by day I build my confidence in customer relation and services.
Great Atmophere for those suited for the position.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Xerox taught and gave me skill sets I uses in day to day life. Xerox has an amazing training program and provides a competitive work environment that helps account mangers to push more product out and establish long lasting relations with its clients.
Provided independence and sales experience
Sales, Business Developent (Current Employee), MBJuly 23, 2014
Pros: independence, meeting and helping people/businesses
Cons: worked alone 90%, cold calling
face to face meetings
cold calling in person and phone
planning for customer meetings
proposal writing and presentation

Learned sales cycles and steps involved
Worklife balance to the max
Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 3, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no free coffee
I have only ever worked at this one company full time so take my review with a grain of salt. Having said that, I worked at the Canadian HQ at Yonge & Finch and I love it!

Every single one of the management staff is super nice and most of them have been with the company 10+ years. It's a very sales & marketing focused company. Lots of money is being spent on contests for sales, but not so much for headquarter staff.

There are no all hands meetings, so sometimes it takes a while to get the big picture. However, the org structure is pretty flat despite having our own CEO in Canada which is a huge plus in terms of autonomy as company. There's also a lot of working relationship with folks from the US and other parts of the company.

People tend to skew towards the older range in terms of tenure and every single one of them I met have been very nice. Turnover is very low in HQ.

They have a lean six sigma training (free), which drives a lot of how the company do things. I particular liked this one because it is essentially a free project management course.

Benefits wise: You can leave and come whenever you want as long as you get your work done. Working from home is very common. So common that halve the office is usually empty despite recently removing one of 4 floors in the building. Maternity leave is 1 year. You can buy vacation days. Gym is heavily subsidized at GoodLife which works out to $150/yr. Compared to other companies, the benefits package I believe seems very similar.

Pay: My next job offered a 35% salary bump, so I believe the pay at Xerox was not very – more... competitive at all. – less
Graeat company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 28, 2014
Pros: awesome company to work for
Cons: low rate of pay
I've enjoyed working for Xerox and have learnt a lot but I can't afford to keep working there because I work for an Emplyment Agency and haven't had a raise in 4 years. There's nothing in sight as far as Xerox hiring us on as there's a Hiring freeze on.
Great place to combine work and fun
Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: safe work environment, good pay, good benefits.
Cons: commute through downtown
Insure Forklift truck is in safe operating conditions and complete
pre-operational safety check list.Print orders ,scan UPC labels
to transfer Hus (stock handling units) to the parts branches requesting the parts.Build parcels or pallets,label loads and affix
proper labels if loads are fragile.
I learned teamwork,problem solving methods,Good magnufacturing
practices.Consensus building.
I had a good relationship with management.it was all in a team
concept,We each did our role for the success of the company.
I always treat my co-workers cordially and with respects
The hardest part of the job was to insure the remotest branches
get their parts delivered on time.
Learning many useful skills,good rapport with co-workers,
working in team getting the job done is satisfying.
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches or pot lucks....the people...
Cons: temp work
typical day......productive but relaxing
learned....computer skills
Management.....great
Co-workers.....great group of people
hardest part of job....being a temp for 5 years instead of full time
most enjoyable part....not a whole lotta stress
Office Temp: Dispatch for Xerox
Office temp- Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto,ONNovember 22, 2012
Pros: busy - ness
Cons: screamers
I sat at a desk with a set of address cards on a rotary and I took calls for distraught customers about their broken or malfunctioning Xerox machines.

At the time I was quite a young woman, and I enjoyed being on the phone all day (I wore a headset). Sometimes I was screamed at, and I di try to stay patient. The answer to all this is to drink coffee all day. if you stay speedy the day whizzes by.

Seriously, the manager at the time was really nice, and she wished to promote me to management in Xerox. I declined because I wished to stick to my arts career.

I took part time temp work mainly because in the arts one receives contract opportunities or individual sales. I was a sole support parent and I often had to take more than one job.

I am guessing at the date when I worked for Xerox. Human Resources have you alter your CV so many times I can hardly remember some of these gigs at my age!
Productive and fun place to work for.
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 14, 2012
Daily work consisted of working on production line, assembling photocopy parts.
Great people to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the production line, while maintaing quality and quantity.
Most enjoyable part of the job; achieving daily quata and quality.
No Comment
Courier Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
Pros: corus staff were very helpful
Cons: no comment!
The staff at Corus were very helpful and friendly. My co-workers were very helpful and selfless. I've learned to always cover my end. The most enjoyable part of the job was the problem solving I did for accounting. The hardest part of the job was staying.
Excellent opportunity to learn about sales!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2012
My position was sales associate and my day consisted of calling on businesses to initiate a sales process. I was sent on a 3 week course to study a specific program.
The job was enjoyable; it was also really competitive. The company had a strong team philosophy.
Great learning environment
Coordonnatrice d'installation à distance (Former Employee), ville st laurentSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: with new manager high turnover rate
Xerox is a great place to work but unfortunately with the new manager the atmosphere has changed dramatically for the worse.
not a bad place to work
Facilities / Real Estate Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Not a bad place to work but the pay rate can be better. no advancement if you wish to obtain in the future. People are good to work with but there is no sense of any security if hired on as contract, which will cause many to move on. works best for students IMO.
This company becomes worse and worse on everything.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits excluding salary
Cons: too much pressure
sometimes it is unfair for employee, the highest working pressure and requiremnts in same industry, but offer lower payment compare to its competitors.
Fun atmosphere with a great manager
Account Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2013
Pros: relaxes atmosphere
Cons: long hours during busy season
Peers are happy to see you, there is a lot of fun happening in the shop, as well as the ability to get a lot of work done. Very productive process in place, as well as a manager that is hands on and very personable.
100% commission business to business sales
Account Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 30, 2013
Great fun position, only draw back being 100% commissioned sales. Can be great in sales but entire living is at the mercy of board meetings and hoping they have time to discuss new acquisitions so you don't get bumped to the next meeting
Busy place to work
Printer/Mailroom clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: good hours of work
Cons: no benefits or raises because i was a temp
Good people at this job site, unfortunatley I was a temp and they were not willing to let me advance nor did they want anybody too, Xerox that is, too bad as many customer were very happy with my work!
busy enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), dartmouth,nova scotiaAugust 22, 2012
a days work at xerox, consists of answering phones from companys, that could not get their xerox machines to work, or had to have supplies ordered. It was a small enviorment, got to make alot of good friends. the management wasnt the best
Headquarters