Xerox Employee Reviews in Canada

Having to go straight on the phones
Inside Sales and Marketing Graphic Communications (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 25, 2014
Once at work and setup my station I was off and going on the phones. I was taught many different databases to use in only a two week training. The management was very professional. My co-workers were always there to assist if I had a problem. The hardest part of the job was just trying to adapt all the information with the software provided until I became used to it. Leaving with a smile on my face knowing I had succeeded for that day. And everyone told me.
Pros
working for a very well know corporation
Cons
trying to hard sometimes
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 24, 2014
typical day......productive but relaxing
learned....computer skills
Management.....great
Co-workers.....great group of people
hardest part of job....being a temp for 5 years instead of full time
most enjoyable part....not a whole lotta stress
Pros
free lunches or pot lucks....the people...
Cons
temp work
They call it a sales center, but it was really a call center.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 8, 2014
It was an good place to start when you just finish university. However in the SJ center, you could bounce around laterally, but no many truly different roles. There have been many lay off, so don't think that you will retire with this company.
Personally, I don't buy into the "RA RA woo!" company cultures, but if you like that, you will enjoy Xerox.
Pros
regular schedule, encourage self improvement
Cons
no cost of living increases, call center, it's just not that exciting
HR Managment
HR Consultant/Executive Coach (Former Employee) –  New York Bay, NLApril 8, 2014
My typrical day at work used to start
Recruited by the president of an energy services company to effect behavior changes in the management team
Resulting in increased performance/productivity and to provide staffing and employee relations leadership.
Coached staff members individually, helping them to identify and overcome barriers to their success.
Devised and established HR policies and procedures.
Advised managers on employee relations matters as well as staffing and candidate selection.
Implemented annual climate survey that became an integral part of the company culture. Survey feedback
resulted in actionable plans that contributed to the overall growth and success of the company.Created a highly effective/responsive staffing function during rapid growth; devised comprehensive
leadership development program and succession plan.
Re-engineered and integrated back office functions to create a single, highly efficient order fulfillment
Customer interface. Cross-trained employees on multiple functions to facilitate a single point for problem resolution.
The most thing I loved about this job was had a great team that I worked with.
I didnt find anything hard about this job.
Pros
finished work by 5 pm
Great Experience
Records Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2014
Was a great starter position and I learned a great deal from the office manager.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
LEAD HAND IN MAIL ROOM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 1, 2014
I TRULY ENJOYED GOING TO WORK EACH AND EVERY DAY
PEOPLE THAT ALONG SIDE OF ME WERE FRIENDS AND THE PEOPLE AT THE FORD BUILDING BECAME FRIENDS

A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WAS SORTING 3 BAGS OF MAIL EACH MORNING TO DELIVER TO THE FORD BUILDING WHICH IS 6 FLOORS, SORT AND WRITE UP ALL INCOMING PACKAGES
SORT DEALER MAIL TO OVER 560 DEALERS ACROSS CANADA
POST MAIL, ANSWER PHONES, SEND OUT PUROLATOR PACKAGES . ENJOYING MY HOUR LUNCH BREAK WITH FRIENDS UPSTAIRS AND THAN FINISHING MY DAY IN THE MAIL ROOM .
Pros
meeting people and having a job to go to each day
Cons
long hard days sometimes but got through them
Graeat company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 28, 2014
I've enjoyed working for Xerox and have learnt a lot but I can't afford to keep working there because I work for an Emplyment Agency and haven't had a raise in 4 years. There's nothing in sight as far as Xerox hiring us on as there's a Hiring freeze on.
Pros
awesome company to work for
Cons
low rate of pay
Good working environment
Managed Print Specialist - NAAO (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 14, 2014
Team Playing
Coaching
Problem Solving
Drive Revenue
Support customers (internal / external)
Status Award as Preferred Contractor
Private Contractor (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 4, 2014
Awarded XEROX Status Award of Preferred Contractor for Front/Back-end I T Services
Must be self driven and dedicated.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2014
When working in the sales field you must be available for the clients at anytime. This required long hours and sometimes on weekends. You must be self driven and dedicated as this career is very commissioned based. Xerox was a great company to work for as it has reputable products and a great history. The training was very thorough, however when I got into the field I felt as though I was kind of on my own and not prepared. It was hard to communicate the help I needed to the management team, as a lot of the issues we just being new to the industry.
Pros
training expenses paid for, great experiences
Cons
often alone most of the time
great enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time working here and wish it wasn't just a contract position.
Gained beneficial experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 14, 2014
I love that I face new challenges every day and I come into work not knowing what the day will hold. Unfortunately, they're downsizing and my job isn't secure any longer.
My role is challenging because I have to manage 42 sales reps virtually. I do so by mentoring, coaching, training, sales support, driving revenue through marketing initiatives and different programs that I manage to inspire the reps to sell harder. I prospect for new business to increase market share. I am the sales manager because many agent owners don't have one on staff and are too busy to take on the responsibility.
I use many systems and software on a daily basis, such as: Salesforce, WebEx, Microsoft Outlook, MS Dos, Internet, CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, iOS7, and MS Windows 7/8.
Pros
free parking
Cons
downsizing drastically
Hectic work but very enjoyable
Account associate (Former Employee) –  Home depot - ellesmere and wardenFebruary 7, 2014
Arrive at 7.30am. sort out mail and packages . prpare print work dopped off from ay before. sevices xerox machines. take customer requests and work. avise customer on print work. send off items vis courier or mail. recieve items at the door. i learned not to second guess yourself that you can do things requested fo you, find a way to do them.My management team were very hands-on. Ale and willing to go the second milewith you. My coworkers were a gregarious and hard working bunch. The hardest part was letting printing job s sit till the next day as there wasnt time in the day to finish them. The most enjoyable part was the variety and commaraderie between the peopkle iI worked with.
Pros
happy work atmosphere
Cons
not enough time in the day tofinish some work
Very Strict, and organized.
Document Outsourcing Agent. (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 29, 2014
Typical Call Center environment, very strict but fair management.
Most enjoyable time at work was connecting and talking to the customers.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Fun productive great place to work.
SOLUTIONS PROCESS COACH (Former Employee) –  DartmouthJanuary 22, 2014
Enjoyed my time working with Xerox. I learned a lot about coaching, support and being a team player.
Excellent experience.
Co-op term (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 15, 2014
Excellent experience. Worked with actual lab equipment, SEMS, TEMS, x-ray diffraction. Analyzed data, etc. Nice place
Pros
nice place, excellent supervisor
Cons
too short.
Was a good organization to work for
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  WinnipegJanuary 10, 2014
Strong organizational structure and culture.
Provided excellent training and leadership skills development
not a bad place to work
Facilities / Real Estate Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Not a bad place to work but the pay rate can be better. no advancement if you wish to obtain in the future. People are good to work with but there is no sense of any security if hired on as contract, which will cause many to move on. works best for students IMO.
You won't make much money......
Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2013
Take the experience and move on.
Have worked with some really fantastic folks and others I've wondered how they got to the position they were in.
Maintenance Engineer
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maintenance EngineerDecember 15, 2013
Start work at 8.00
- attend the morning meeting in the office from 8.15 till 8.45 am
- discus all subject and our recommendation to our manger for improvement our work.
- go to the store to collect the required spars for my machines
- start to complete the oppened calls from yasterday and befor .
- start the new calls to visit all sites.
-collect all required spars