Xerox Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
LEAD HAND IN MAIL ROOM (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting people and having a job to go to each day
Cons: long hard days sometimes but got through them
I TRULY ENJOYED GOING TO WORK EACH AND EVERY DAY
PEOPLE THAT ALONG SIDE OF ME WERE FRIENDS AND THE PEOPLE AT THE FORD BUILDING BECAME FRIENDS

A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WAS SORTING 3 BAGS OF MAIL EACH MORNING TO DELIVER TO THE FORD BUILDING WHICH IS 6 FLOORS, SORT AND WRITE UP ALL INCOMING PACKAGES
SORT DEALER MAIL TO OVER 560 DEALERS ACROSS CANADA
POST MAIL, ANSWER PHONES, SEND OUT PUROLATOR PACKAGES . ENJOYING MY HOUR LUNCH BREAK WITH FRIENDS UPSTAIRS AND THAN FINISHING MY DAY IN THE MAIL ROOM .
Graeat company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 28, 2014
Pros: awesome company to work for
Cons: low rate of pay
I've enjoyed working for Xerox and have learnt a lot but I can't afford to keep working there because I work for an Emplyment Agency and haven't had a raise in 4 years. There's nothing in sight as far as Xerox hiring us on as there's a Hiring freeze on.
Good working environment
Managed Print Specialist - NAAO (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 14, 2014
Team Playing
Coaching
Problem Solving
Drive Revenue
Support customers (internal / external)
Status Award as Preferred Contractor
Private Contractor (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 4, 2014
Awarded XEROX Status Award of Preferred Contractor for Front/Back-end I T Services
Must be self driven and dedicated.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: training expenses paid for, great experiences
Cons: often alone most of the time
When working in the sales field you must be available for the clients at anytime. This required long hours and sometimes on weekends. You must be self driven and dedicated as this career is very commissioned based. Xerox was a great company to work for as it has reputable products and a great history. The training was very thorough, however when I got into the field I felt as though I was kind of on my own and not prepared. It was hard to communicate the help I needed to the management team, as a lot of the issues we just being new to the industry.
great enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time working here and wish it wasn't just a contract position.
Gained beneficial experience
Program Manager (Current Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: downsizing drastically
I love that I face new challenges every day and I come into work not knowing what the day will hold. Unfortunately, they're downsizing and my job isn't secure any longer.
My role is challenging because I have to manage 42 sales reps virtually. I do so by mentoring, coaching, training, sales support, driving revenue through marketing initiatives and different programs that I manage to inspire the reps to sell harder. I prospect for new business to increase market share. I am the sales manager because many agent owners don't have one on staff and are too busy to take on the responsibility.
I use many systems and software on a daily basis, such as: Salesforce, WebEx, Microsoft Outlook, MS Dos, Internet, CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, iOS7, and MS Windows 7/8.
Hectic work but very enjoyable
Account associate (Former Employee), Home depot - ellesmere and wardenFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: happy work atmosphere
Cons: not enough time in the day tofinish some work
Arrive at 7.30am. sort out mail and packages . prpare print work dopped off from ay before. sevices xerox machines. take customer requests and work. avise customer on print work. send off items vis courier or mail. recieve items at the door. i learned not to second guess yourself that you can do things requested fo you, find a way to do them.My management team were very hands-on. Ale and willing to go the second milewith you. My coworkers were a gregarious and hard working bunch. The hardest part was letting printing job s sit till the next day as there wasnt time in the day to finish them. The most enjoyable part was the variety and commaraderie between the peopkle iI worked with.
Very Strict, and organized.
Document Outsourcing Agent. (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers.
Typical Call Center environment, very strict but fair management.
Most enjoyable time at work was connecting and talking to the customers.
Fun productive great place to work.
SOLUTIONS PROCESS COACH (Former Employee), DartmouthJanuary 22, 2014
Enjoyed my time working with Xerox. I learned a lot about coaching, support and being a team player.
Excellent experience.
Co-op term (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: nice place, excellent supervisor
Cons: too short.
Excellent experience. Worked with actual lab equipment, SEMS, TEMS, x-ray diffraction. Analyzed data, etc. Nice place
Was a good organization to work for
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), WinnipegJanuary 10, 2014
Strong organizational structure and culture.
Provided excellent training and leadership skills development
not a bad place to work
Facilities / Real Estate Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Not a bad place to work but the pay rate can be better. no advancement if you wish to obtain in the future. People are good to work with but there is no sense of any security if hired on as contract, which will cause many to move on. works best for students IMO.
You won't make much money......
Sales (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 30, 2013
Take the experience and move on.
Have worked with some really fantastic folks and others I've wondered how they got to the position they were in.
Maintenance Engineer
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Maintenance EngineerDecember 15, 2013
Start work at 8.00
- attend the morning meeting in the office from 8.15 till 8.45 am
- discus all subject and our recommendation to our manger for improvement our work.
- go to the store to collect the required spars for my machines
- start to complete the oppened calls from yasterday and befor .
- start the new calls to visit all sites.
-collect all required spars
Great place to combine work and fun
Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: safe work environment, good pay, good benefits.
Cons: commute through downtown
Insure Forklift truck is in safe operating conditions and complete
pre-operational safety check list.Print orders ,scan UPC labels
to transfer Hus (stock handling units) to the parts branches requesting the parts.Build parcels or pallets,label loads and affix
proper labels if loads are fragile.
I learned teamwork,problem solving methods,Good magnufacturing
practices.Consensus building.
I had a good relationship with management.it was all in a team
concept,We each did our role for the success of the company.
I always treat my co-workers cordially and with respects
The hardest part of the job was to insure the remotest branches
get their parts delivered on time.
Learning many useful skills,good rapport with co-workers,
working in team getting the job done is satisfying.
All good
Graphic Communications Representative (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 2, 2013
Hard working individual. Great place to work always fair to 8 hours per day Great experience
Not what I expected
Clerical/Data entry (Current Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 27, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: commucation issues.
Xerox it self is a good company. They agency that hired me on the other hand isn't what I expected. Bad commutation, procrastination and not able to be honest.
Co workers are amazing, Management for the most part are nice.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changing processes daily. The most enjoyable is the laughs shared.
Very demanding
Xerox Consultant (Former Employee), UBCNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
Check jobs due for the day, and make sure staff is aware. Check voice mail that come in during the evening; assign to proper departments. Reply to clients request; stat on job, billing inquiries, equipment issues. Reply to Head office; financial forecasting, billing issues, sales figures. Reply to vendors; billing, supplies. Ordering supplies for Office use or production use. Schedule temps in production area, and front office. Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable. Training of staff in production and front office. Help with sales input from production and equipment sales.
The hardest part of the job, was that there was not enough time in the day to complete everything. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and staff. Learnt how to manage my time very wisely.
Great place to build long standing relationships and learn new skills
GDO SOLUTIONS ACCOUNT LEAD (Account Management) (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 2, 2013
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: being laid off
Over 10 years at Xerox enabled me to learn and accomplish many things however my job was affected due to a company restructure. Xerox was a great place to work and my co-workers were among some of the best. Personal development was top priority there. I will miss working there.
Headquarters