Xerox Employee Reviews

Primarily contract work
Commercial Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
This company unfortunately primarily hires contract workers who often remain on contract for at least 1-2 years before getting full time. It's unfortunate because seems like a great company to be a part of.
Really good place to work, the people and the work were made the days go by quickly.
Outbound and Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Nova Scotia9 November 2015
I really enjoyed working for Xerox the only reson I left was they moved my job and many others back to the States. Xerox is a very large company, but it took good care of it's people.
Pros
Greta place to work
Cons
Long hours and demanding managers.
Xerox
Xerox Customer Accont Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 September 2015
No Comment about this company, I was a long term employee for 20 years with no advancement over the last 9 years. The direction of the company changes each day and it is only focused on the numbers. Its about the employees! this is not true. A company all about politics not what makes sense to do for the customer.
Pros
Talk a good Talk
Cons
No Follow up
Results driven sales environment
OWNER / GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 December 2015
The Island Business Solutions team has an extensive background in all facets of the printing and imaging industry. Our commitment to doing what’s right for our clients and our passion have contributed to Island’s growth and overall success. Our personalized approach has guided the company to consistent year-over-year growth and firmly established Island as a premier office technology and IT services solutions provider for Vancouver Island, surrounding islands and Powell River B.C.
HR Managment
HR Consultant/Executive Coach (Former Employee) –  New York Bay, NL8 April 2014
My typrical day at work used to start
Recruited by the president of an energy services company to effect behavior changes in the management team
Resulting in increased performance/productivity and to provide staffing and employee relations leadership.
Coached staff members individually, helping them to identify and overcome barriers to their success.
Devised and established HR policies and procedures.
Advised managers on employee relations matters as well as staffing and candidate selection.
Implemented annual climate survey that became an integral part of the company culture. Survey feedback
resulted in actionable plans that contributed to the overall growth and success of the company.Created a highly effective/responsive staffing function during rapid growth; devised comprehensive
leadership development program and succession plan.
Re-engineered and integrated back office functions to create a single, highly efficient order fulfillment
Customer interface. Cross-trained employees on multiple functions to facilitate a single point for problem resolution.
The most thing I loved about this job was had a great team that I worked with.
I didnt find anything hard about this job.
Pros
finished work by 5 pm
Very demanding
Xerox Consultant (Former Employee) –  UBC14 November 2013
Check jobs due for the day, and make sure staff is aware. Check voice mail that come in during the evening; assign to proper departments. Reply to clients request; stat on job, billing inquiries, equipment issues. Reply to Head office; financial forecasting, billing issues, sales figures. Reply to vendors; billing, supplies. Ordering supplies for Office use or production use. Schedule temps in production area, and front office. Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable. Training of staff in production and front office. Help with sales input from production and equipment sales.
The hardest part of the job, was that there was not enough time in the day to complete everything. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and staff. Learnt how to manage my time very wisely.
Pros
Free parking
Profile
Fiels Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
While I thoroughly enjoy working with computers and printers in the office and in the field, I also enjoy the challenge of trouble shooting and problem solving over the phone. I enjoy and welcome all opportunities to train other technicians in the servicing and operations of specialised equipment, as well as opportunities to expand my own knowledge and abilities. I am career orientated and work well as a team player, or on my own without supervision
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John16 April 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management
Great workplace, amazing company
Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2016
A typical work day consists of recovering data off of encrypted machines, creating and closing work orders using BMC Remedy, cleaning, formatting, testing and configuring machines for redeployment back into the field and sometimes providing tech support to users.
High Shool Co-op
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  2660 Speakman Drive30 July 2012
As I worked here as a high school co-op student, I received no wages, but had a fun experience.

People there are quite friendly and mostly helpful, and the management that I came in contact with were kind. The work was systematic in my area, but it was interesting, as we constantly analyzed and extrapolated data from samples.

The XRCC commonly uses university co-op students, which work temporarily and then leave.

The work culture there was relaxed and laid-back. They people there also wished to continuously learn more.
Pros
interesting seminars every week (with desert!), good workplace, polite people
Cons
may end up sitting in a chair for hours
Worked from home on some days and in office on others very slow building customer relationships. Running a programme that monitors devices.
XPPS Service and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  newcastel12 January 2016
Great job love the freedom to work from anywhere home or office some days on the road cold calling customers to try and build new customer relationships.
Excellent opportunity for personal growth based on challenges!
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  North East New Brunswick12 April 2013
I created and managed a sales territory in Northern New Brunswick. I was extremely well trained and supported by both my sales manager and my sales team members. The management at XEROX was exceptionally positive and supportive. My co-workers were outstanding and creative. I loved my job at XEROX as I received extremely good monetary remuneration based on my performance. I was promoted to the highest level I could reach which was Senior Sales Executive. There was a very fast paced competitive work environment in which I thrived and succeeded. I believe the only true downside of the position was the size of the travelling geography as in the winter time travelling was extremely hazardous. I loved the job and highly respected the people with whom I worked. The employees at XEROX as well as the company philosophy was right in line with my beliefs.
Pros
great management, training and remuneration.
Cons
change in management and deviation from previous business model.
The nice Research Centre
Assistant Microscopist / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2013
Nice place. Interesting, despite the fact I was cooped up in the basement for most the time.

My typical day at work was working as a microscopist to analyze results. It was a valuable learning experience. The management was nice, as well as most of my co-workers. All of it was enjoyable for me.
Pros
Free food, awesome Friday lectures, awesome work, cool tools
Cons
Some long hours
cool
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2016
its a world of new things always come up. we have to work like a team and to be very flexible with schedule. nice team and management.
no comment
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2016
no comment for this job, work there and make your own decision. It has it's ups and downs like all businesses. ....... ........ ....... ......
Hectic work but very enjoyable
Account associate (Former Employee) –  Home depot - ellesmere and warden7 February 2014
Arrive at 7.30am. sort out mail and packages . prpare print work dopped off from ay before. sevices xerox machines. take customer requests and work. avise customer on print work. send off items vis courier or mail. recieve items at the door. i learned not to second guess yourself that you can do things requested fo you, find a way to do them.My management team were very hands-on. Ale and willing to go the second milewith you. My coworkers were a gregarious and hard working bunch. The hardest part was letting printing job s sit till the next day as there wasnt time in the day to finish them. The most enjoyable part was the variety and commaraderie between the peopkle iI worked with.
Pros
happy work atmosphere
Cons
Not enough time in the day tofinish some work
excellent communication with management, very open environment
Graphic Designer/Print Production (Former Employee) –  UBC25 September 2012
-Created design/edited based on job docket summary.
-production room duties included running digital printers, scanned and cleaned documents, shipping n receiving.
-Management always instructed with clarity.
Pros
open environment, music was aloud, free lunches
Cons
no job security, hours were not always full time, no room for advancement
zellers
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  toronto, ont13 October 2012
My shift varies, it could be a 12noon-9:30pm or a 10:00-7:30pm shift. Cashing customer through a fast past checkout. Processing Returns/Refunds. setting up Merchandise of new products. balancing cash floats and making deposit. Employees, were fun and outgoing, they were of all different ethic background, however i did not fine the management team easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job, was not getting enough hours, the pay rate was not good, and there was no growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is, is that i have acquired great knowledge on the job, that has help me in all work environment, and developing great relationship with employees .
Pros
knowledge
Cons
no room for growth
A company that allowed independent growth for anyone
SENIOR TECHNECIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill to Newmarket to Vaughan20 April 2015
Best company that I ever worked for. Resigned and opened the print shop. Did 25 - 20 hours overtime weekly with new project upgrades. Enjoyed management and others that I worked with. Was always driven for best results in job.
Pros
Advancement in whatever your goals are
Xerox Services - Chatham, Ontario
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 February 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. I keep track of all of my work in progress on my production board. With multiple client requests, it is a great way to keep on track with all of my work to be done.

I have learned great time management over the past few years and I have become a leader at the Site Level.

I work closely with our management team to ensure that our Key Clients are satisfied with our services. I also send in weekly and monthly reports to our Client Delivery Manager.

My coworkers are great to work with and not afraid to ask for help when needed. We have team building days which has helped us become a great team!

The hardest part of my job is the commute. I have been driving into Chatham, 4 days a week for over 5 years. This makes for very long and stressful days.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the client satisfaction, when a project is complete! I also enjoy having the creative freedom to help meet the needs of our clients as well as our internal business.
Pros
Creative Freedom, Great Team, Great Clients
Cons
Long Commute, Long Work Days

2.9