Xerox Employee Reviews

Good job, not much loyalty to employees
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2016
Good job, but the company was downsizing all off-shore people, Canada for them is off-shore. Career wise not a clear development plan.
Very professional work place.
Customer Support, Translator (Former Employee) –  North York, Ontario16 January 2013
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Lots of learning opportunities.
The workday could be explained as a complex series of activities, where what you have planned to do may not end up being the agenda during the day and
Bilingual , Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  downtown Toronto2 September 2015
A career at Xerox?
You work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. People are encouraged to know the company products, services, customers and grow professionally and reach their dream job.
Pros
Environment, culture, locations, flexibility
Cons
transformation of the business related to reduced portofolio and job fulfilment
awful environment
Field Maintenance Technician Montreal (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC28 May 2014
Extremely lire managers

just awful people with awful minimum salary
Working at Xerox
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Iqaluit nunavut29 February 2016
Xerox is a highly professional employer. I was responsible for fixing and installing copier equipment Xerox taught me to be highly disciplined in reports and follow up. My boss and co workers were always available for support .The hardest part of the job was walking form customer to costumer in sub zero weather The most enjoyable part of the job was making my boss and customers happy with my work
Pros
Fun job
Cons
part time
Office Temp: Dispatch for Xerox
Office temp- Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON22 November 2012
I sat at a desk with a set of address cards on a rotary and I took calls for distraught customers about their broken or malfunctioning Xerox machines.

At the time I was quite a young woman, and I enjoyed being on the phone all day (I wore a headset). Sometimes I was screamed at, and I di try to stay patient. The answer to all this is to drink coffee all day. if you stay speedy the day whizzes by.

Seriously, the manager at the time was really nice, and she wished to promote me to management in Xerox. I declined because I wished to stick to my arts career.

I took part time temp work mainly because in the arts one receives contract opportunities or individual sales. I was a sole support parent and I often had to take more than one job.

I am guessing at the date when I worked for Xerox. Human Resources have you alter your CV so many times I can hardly remember some of these gigs at my age!
Pros
busy - ness
Cons
screamers
A typical day at work
Assist clientele (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2014
A typical day at work starts off by coming a 5mins early to get a jump start to the day. What I've learn on a day to day basis to be a team player and always extend my help whenever I can. Management is okay I feel that there's not any room for advancement within the company.My co-workers are easier to get along with. The hardest part of this job is the fact they merge the mailroom and the print room together and I have to work with what I've got. I've brought my concerns with management but they don't seem to concerned about it. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with clientele on a day to day basis. That's pretty much an average day.
It was a small office but I got along well with everyone
Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  West Georgia Street, Vancouver4 May 2016
I would help customers in person and on the phone. As the only girl in the office, I did all the typing filing, A/R, A/P, invoicing, payroll and collections
HR Managment
HR Consultant/Executive Coach (Former Employee) –  New York Bay, NL8 April 2014
My typrical day at work used to start
Recruited by the president of an energy services company to effect behavior changes in the management team
Resulting in increased performance/productivity and to provide staffing and employee relations leadership.
Coached staff members individually, helping them to identify and overcome barriers to their success.
Devised and established HR policies and procedures.
Advised managers on employee relations matters as well as staffing and candidate selection.
Implemented annual climate survey that became an integral part of the company culture. Survey feedback
resulted in actionable plans that contributed to the overall growth and success of the company.Created a highly effective/responsive staffing function during rapid growth; devised comprehensive
leadership development program and succession plan.
Re-engineered and integrated back office functions to create a single, highly efficient order fulfillment
Customer interface. Cross-trained employees on multiple functions to facilitate a single point for problem resolution.
The most thing I loved about this job was had a great team that I worked with.
I didnt find anything hard about this job.
Pros
finished work by 5 pm
Cons
Great company to work for
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 February 2016
Friendly and professional staff.
Feels like one big family.
You enjoy going to work and meeting staff and customers.
Hardest part of the job was to meet all customer's expectation as you wanted to serve your customers as best as possible.
Most enjoyable part of the day was to leave your customer's office and their machines were working. That made your customer happy.
Very demanding
Xerox Consultant (Former Employee) –  UBC14 November 2013
Check jobs due for the day, and make sure staff is aware. Check voice mail that come in during the evening; assign to proper departments. Reply to clients request; stat on job, billing inquiries, equipment issues. Reply to Head office; financial forecasting, billing issues, sales figures. Reply to vendors; billing, supplies. Ordering supplies for Office use or production use. Schedule temps in production area, and front office. Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable. Training of staff in production and front office. Help with sales input from production and equipment sales.
The hardest part of the job, was that there was not enough time in the day to complete everything. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and staff. Learnt how to manage my time very wisely.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Really good place to work, the people and the work were made the days go by quickly.
Outbound and Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Nova Scotia9 November 2015
I really enjoyed working for Xerox the only reson I left was they moved my job and many others back to the States. Xerox is a very large company, but it took good care of it's people.
Pros
Greta place to work
Cons
Long hours and demanding managers.
Summary
Services and Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
Xerox - Services and Solutions Executive

IT, Work Flow Solutions, Equipment, Software, Data Records Management, Consulting
Xerox
Xerox Customer Accont Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 September 2015
No Comment about this company, I was a long term employee for 20 years with no advancement over the last 9 years. The direction of the company changes each day and it is only focused on the numbers. Its about the employees! this is not true. A company all about politics not what makes sense to do for the customer.
Pros
Talk a good Talk
Cons
No Follow up
High Shool Co-op
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  2660 Speakman Drive30 July 2012
As I worked here as a high school co-op student, I received no wages, but had a fun experience.

People there are quite friendly and mostly helpful, and the management that I came in contact with were kind. The work was systematic in my area, but it was interesting, as we constantly analyzed and extrapolated data from samples.

The XRCC commonly uses university co-op students, which work temporarily and then leave.

The work culture there was relaxed and laid-back. They people there also wished to continuously learn more.
Pros
interesting seminars every week (with desert!), good workplace, polite people
Cons
may end up sitting in a chair for hours
Primarily contract work
Commercial Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
This company unfortunately primarily hires contract workers who often remain on contract for at least 1-2 years before getting full time. It's unfortunate because seems like a great company to be a part of.
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John16 April 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management
Excellent opportunity for personal growth based on challenges!
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  North East New Brunswick12 April 2013
I created and managed a sales territory in Northern New Brunswick. I was extremely well trained and supported by both my sales manager and my sales team members. The management at XEROX was exceptionally positive and supportive. My co-workers were outstanding and creative. I loved my job at XEROX as I received extremely good monetary remuneration based on my performance. I was promoted to the highest level I could reach which was Senior Sales Executive. There was a very fast paced competitive work environment in which I thrived and succeeded. I believe the only true downside of the position was the size of the travelling geography as in the winter time travelling was extremely hazardous. I loved the job and highly respected the people with whom I worked. The employees at XEROX as well as the company philosophy was right in line with my beliefs.
Pros
great management, training and remuneration.
Cons
change in management and deviation from previous business model.
Results driven sales environment
OWNER / GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 December 2015
The Island Business Solutions team has an extensive background in all facets of the printing and imaging industry. Our commitment to doing what’s right for our clients and our passion have contributed to Island’s growth and overall success. Our personalized approach has guided the company to consistent year-over-year growth and firmly established Island as a premier office technology and IT services solutions provider for Vancouver Island, surrounding islands and Powell River B.C.
The nice Research Centre
Assistant Microscopist / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2013
Nice place. Interesting, despite the fact I was cooped up in the basement for most the time.

My typical day at work was working as a microscopist to analyze results. It was a valuable learning experience. The management was nice, as well as most of my co-workers. All of it was enjoyable for me.
Pros
Free food, awesome Friday lectures, awesome work, cool tools
Cons
Some long hours

2.9