Xerox Employee Reviews

Very demanding
Xerox Consultant (Former Employee) –  UBC14 November 2013
Check jobs due for the day, and make sure staff is aware. Check voice mail that come in during the evening; assign to proper departments. Reply to clients request; stat on job, billing inquiries, equipment issues. Reply to Head office; financial forecasting, billing issues, sales figures. Reply to vendors; billing, supplies. Ordering supplies for Office use or production use. Schedule temps in production area, and front office. Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable. Training of staff in production and front office. Help with sales input from production and equipment sales.
The hardest part of the job, was that there was not enough time in the day to complete everything. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and staff. Learnt how to manage my time very wisely.
Pros
Free parking
Xerox Services - Chatham, Ontario
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 February 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. I keep track of all of my work in progress on my production board. With multiple client requests, it is a great way to keep on track with all of my work to be done.

I have learned great time management over the past few years and I have become a leader at the Site Level.

I work closely with our management team to ensure that our Key Clients are satisfied with our services. I also send in weekly and monthly reports to our Client Delivery Manager.

My coworkers are great to work with and not afraid to ask for help when needed. We have team building days which has helped us become a great team!

The hardest part of my job is the commute. I have been driving into Chatham, 4 days a week for over 5 years. This makes for very long and stressful days.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the client satisfaction, when a project is complete! I also enjoy having the creative freedom to help meet the needs of our clients as well as our internal business.
Pros
Creative Freedom, Great Team, Great Clients
Cons
Long Commute, Long Work Days
Hectic work but very enjoyable
Account associate (Former Employee) –  Home depot - ellesmere and warden7 February 2014
Arrive at 7.30am. sort out mail and packages . prpare print work dopped off from ay before. sevices xerox machines. take customer requests and work. avise customer on print work. send off items vis courier or mail. recieve items at the door. i learned not to second guess yourself that you can do things requested fo you, find a way to do them.My management team were very hands-on. Ale and willing to go the second milewith you. My coworkers were a gregarious and hard working bunch. The hardest part was letting printing job s sit till the next day as there wasnt time in the day to finish them. The most enjoyable part was the variety and commaraderie between the peopkle iI worked with.
Pros
happy work atmosphere
Cons
Not enough time in the day tofinish some work
Great Company if you love to work hard!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Somewhere27 August 2015
If you work hard you get great results. Not a business or company to be taken lightly. Lots to learn and you grow at your own pace.
Pros
You can make great money!
Cons
Its tough to get started
ok place over all
level 2 support EOOD (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 January 2016
trouble shooting network issues such as email fax scanning to
pc or file
first line support for north america
in coming call out going call and email follow up
Busy place to work
Printer/Mailroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2012
Good people at this job site, unfortunatley I was a temp and they were not willing to let me advance nor did they want anybody too, Xerox that is, too bad as many customer were very happy with my work!
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
no benefits or raises because i was a temp
zellers
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  toronto, ont13 October 2012
My shift varies, it could be a 12noon-9:30pm or a 10:00-7:30pm shift. Cashing customer through a fast past checkout. Processing Returns/Refunds. setting up Merchandise of new products. balancing cash floats and making deposit. Employees, were fun and outgoing, they were of all different ethic background, however i did not fine the management team easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job, was not getting enough hours, the pay rate was not good, and there was no growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is, is that i have acquired great knowledge on the job, that has help me in all work environment, and developing great relationship with employees .
Pros
knowledge
Cons
no room for growth
fair company, enables work life balance for every employee
IT service analyst II (Current Employee) –  Philippines4 December 2014
Fuji Xerox allows employee to excel in everything.
Management is very good, they listen to our ideas and things we can contribute to the job.

It pictures a fun environment,especially with colleagues who's willing to share their ideas to you.

Our main goal is to support internal employee from Australia/asia sites with their IT issue.We encounter new issue almost everyday and I think that's the most challenging part of it.

You'll get to learn new things everyday.
Great training provided with great mentorship
Office Assessment Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2012
The initial position I was hired for did you have enough work to support the position, so I was redirected to Xerox Global Services to manage at one of their Partnership Print Shop Sites.

I learned the operations and management of operating an Internal Print Shop. The management is more than anyone can ask for. The environment resembles a family-ran company. The hardest part of this job is that this is not challenging enough for me as I used to manage larger operations; hence, I am now seeking for a new employment with more ongoing challenges.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not challenging enough
Worked with a great bunch of people who thought of one another all the time.
Material clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 May 2014
I had a scheduled run that I did from building to building and if time pending any other little deliveries I could squeeze in. I learned no matter how hard you work and how happy you made the clientele your job is not safe. Management thought of them selves and not of the workers unfortunately. There was no hard part of my job I always enjoyed what I was doing everyday. Being able see that the clients had smiles on there faces at the end of the day.
Pros
in the past we had certain lunchens
Cons
no respect from management
Travel from site to site servicing equipment for clients
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2015
Enjoyable to learn the different problems for an office equipment. Clients are thankful and appreciative on the quick response we provide. Every day is a new one and each client has their different needs met. The downside is the 2 year wait as a contractor before switching over as direct hire with all the benefits and salary increase.
Pros
Working office hours only and appreciative clients
Cons
2 year contractor term
Contracts are never fun but the environment was at least professional which is nice for a call centre
SSS Service Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John NB28 May 2015
While Xerox can be strict and yes I wont dent cliques run the show in Xerox SJ. I was blessed with a high rate of pay coming in the door. Now this was only due to a new program being launched. I began at 14.50 where normally it would only be 11.00.

At the end of my contact term as i had moved to overnight and getting a premium I was under contract but making 17.10 an hour by the time i left. However, despite I help train the overnight team where my position could be refilled with another contractor for only 13.10 under the normal premiums based upon only 11.50 as the base, they had no way to keep me one despite I offered them to cut my pay (as I enjoyed the program itself and the technicians I worked with in dispatching where friendly and working, so to was the support staff on site)

The only downside is the wait time on contract. My agency didnt just not re-hire me, Ceridian Staffing I believe they where, claimed bankruptcy and informed me a week early my term was finished. the did pay me out the last week but of course that left me slightly bitter despite it wasn't xerox's choice technically.

In the end overall it was a great learning experience where i got to use my training experience to in a sense train a few of the overnight agents. Only downside is ive heard of people being there 5 yrs and still stuck at 11.50 without being converted due to wage freezes.

My room mate at the time worked there for ten yrs and only had gotten to 14.00 even right after i left just before her 11th year.
Pros
great rate of pay for the time i applied. professional which is so rare in call centre in SJ
Cons
Contracts, long wait for conversions and raises.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
The Job it is something not hard to learn and everybody at work is easy going.

Part of the job is when we do our delivery or receiving or even printing job we use the computer, Which technically involve us staring and looking into the monitor screen, Sometimes some people always assumed we were using the Internet distracting ourselves from our job.
Pros
Productive and Fun
Cons
After summer time is Slow Season
Productive work place
Chemical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
Great workplace to learn new skill set and apply knowledge to improve productivity and efficiency of products being generated.
Having to go straight on the phones
Inside Sales and Marketing Graphic Communications (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 April 2014
Once at work and setup my station I was off and going on the phones. I was taught many different databases to use in only a two week training. The management was very professional. My co-workers were always there to assist if I had a problem. The hardest part of the job was just trying to adapt all the information with the software provided until I became used to it. Leaving with a smile on my face knowing I had succeeded for that day. And everyone told me.
Pros
Working for a very well know Corporation
Cons
Trying to hard sometimes
They call it a sales center, but it was really a call center.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John8 April 2014
It was an good place to start when you just finish university. However in the SJ center, you could bounce around laterally, but no many truly different roles. There have been many lay off, so don't think that you will retire with this company.
Personally, I don't buy into the "RA RA woo!" company cultures, but if you like that, you will enjoy Xerox.
Pros
Regular schedule, encourage self improvement
Cons
No cost of living increases, call center, it's just not that exciting
Technical work environment
Photocopier Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 November 2014
A high tempo job, where I was given my own space. Traveling around inner city limits to 5-7 calls per day, fixing photocopiers. There was always a new problem you had never seen before, which was great because you were constantly learning.

Management had a very close relationship with us. My co-workers were all great guys and we all helped each other out when needed.
Pros
Own space, new enviroment every day
Cons
Trying to obtain quality with quanity can be difficult at times.
Wonderful place to be
Customer Service Manager (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2013
Always happy to go into work. Very casual and free work environment. Ability to learn about anything to do with publishing, editing, and programming machinery. Management is superb, friendly, and very approachable. Co-workers are very ambitious, happy, and well educated on their roles and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job, can't say, the most enjoyable; all of it.
Pros
Group lunch, friendly staff
Cons
Parking at certain locations, on feet all day, contract positions
Xerox Life
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  etobicoke1 August 2013
Work hard play hard. Face real life business problems. Constantly changing, very competitive environment.
fortune 500 company
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth NS22 May 2015
working at all levels with fellow Xerox employees from all over North America. great work / home life balance. great benefits as well

2.9