Xerox Employee Reviews in Canada

They call it a sales center, but it was really a call center.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 8, 2014
It was an good place to start when you just finish university. However in the SJ center, you could bounce around laterally, but no many truly different roles. There have been many lay off, so don't think that you will retire with this company.
Personally, I don't buy into the "RA RA woo!" company cultures, but if you like that, you will enjoy Xerox.
Pros
regular schedule, encourage self improvement
Cons
no cost of living increases, call center, it's just not that exciting
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
LEAD HAND IN MAIL ROOM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 1, 2014
I TRULY ENJOYED GOING TO WORK EACH AND EVERY DAY
PEOPLE THAT ALONG SIDE OF ME WERE FRIENDS AND THE PEOPLE AT THE FORD BUILDING BECAME FRIENDS

A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WAS SORTING 3 BAGS OF MAIL EACH MORNING TO DELIVER TO THE FORD BUILDING WHICH IS 6 FLOORS, SORT AND WRITE UP ALL INCOMING PACKAGES
SORT DEALER MAIL TO OVER 560 DEALERS ACROSS CANADA
POST MAIL, ANSWER PHONES, SEND OUT PUROLATOR PACKAGES . ENJOYING MY HOUR LUNCH BREAK WITH FRIENDS UPSTAIRS AND THAN FINISHING MY DAY IN THE MAIL ROOM .
Pros
meeting people and having a job to go to each day
Cons
long hard days sometimes but got through them
Must be self driven and dedicated.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2014
When working in the sales field you must be available for the clients at anytime. This required long hours and sometimes on weekends. You must be self driven and dedicated as this career is very commissioned based. Xerox was a great company to work for as it has reputable products and a great history. The training was very thorough, however when I got into the field I felt as though I was kind of on my own and not prepared. It was hard to communicate the help I needed to the management team, as a lot of the issues we just being new to the industry.
Pros
training expenses paid for, great experiences
Cons
often alone most of the time
Wonderful place to be
Customer Service Manager (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2013
Always happy to go into work. Very casual and free work environment. Ability to learn about anything to do with publishing, editing, and programming machinery. Management is superb, friendly, and very approachable. Co-workers are very ambitious, happy, and well educated on their roles and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job, can't say, the most enjoyable; all of it.
Pros
group lunch, friendly staff
Cons
parking at certain locations, on feet all day, contract positions
Great place to work!
Fleet Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2013
As a fleet analyst, I had to prioritize my schedule. Meetings with clients, upper management and make sure the contract is running at optimal expectation. Also made sure client needs were met.

Ive learned on how to meet tight deadlines, and having to have staff work for you.

Management were great. They were there when needed, and paid close attention to your work.

Co-workers were terrific as they helped each other.

Hardest part of the job is long hours, making sure client needs were met. Very time consuming job!

Most enjoyable is having the end result of having happy clients, making sure everything ran great!
Pros
great work experience
Cons
salary ( salary freeze )
zellers
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontOctober 13, 2012
My shift varies, it could be a 12noon-9:30pm or a 10:00-7:30pm shift. Cashing customer through a fast past checkout. Processing Returns/Refunds. setting up Merchandise of new products. balancing cash floats and making deposit. Employees, were fun and outgoing, they were of all different ethic background, however i did not fine the management team easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job, was not getting enough hours, the pay rate was not good, and there was no growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is, is that i have acquired great knowledge on the job, that has help me in all work environment, and developing great relationship with employees .
Pros
knowledge
Cons
no room for growth
High standards, lots of fun and support from colleagues & company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Agency, MississaugaJune 27, 2012
If you're self-driven, enjoy meeting new people and like challenging yourself to try new things and push harder for greater successes, then Xerox is the place for you. They have an intense training program for their Account Managers and the investment they make in you doesn't stop once the job begins. Cold calling can be hard at first but there's always an open door if you need some extra support. They have all the supports in place to ensure you can keep promises, as long as you know not to over-promise...they guarantee customer service because they've invested in it.
Pros
training and support
Cons
commission
Great training provided with great mentorship
Office Assessment Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2012
The initial position I was hired for did you have enough work to support the position, so I was redirected to Xerox Global Services to manage at one of their Partnership Print Shop Sites.

I learned the operations and management of operating an Internal Print Shop. The management is more than anyone can ask for. The environment resembles a family-ran company. The hardest part of this job is that this is not challenging enough for me as I used to manage larger operations; hence, I am now seeking for a new employment with more ongoing challenges.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not challenging enough
New organization with some growing pains
Service Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 14, 2013
Job tasks are clearly outlined of what is expected. Change in those expectations change often as this organization is still fairly new and trying to establish itself.

Two scheduling teams managed by two very different managers' attitudes.

Hardest part of job is trying to keep up your metrics with the changes and reassuring your field partners we have it all under control.

Most enjoyable part of the job is contact with field technicians.
Pros
working directly with the field technicians and their managers.
Cons
not much room for growth within the organization.
High Shool Co-op
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  2660 Speakman DriveJuly 30, 2012
As I worked here as a high school co-op student, I received no wages, but had a fun experience.

People there are quite friendly and mostly helpful, and the management that I came in contact with were kind. The work was systematic in my area, but it was interesting, as we constantly analyzed and extrapolated data from samples.

The XRCC commonly uses university co-op students, which work temporarily and then leave.

The work culture there was relaxed and laid-back. They people there also wished to continuously learn more.
Pros
interesting seminars every week (with desert!), good workplace, polite people
Cons
may end up sitting in a chair for hours
Sales, jewellers assistant
Office temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 21, 2012
I worked for an actual jeweller and I not only sold gold of his manufacture in Houghens Department store in WHitehorse, but also worked in the jewellers' studio soldering things like gold nuggets into tourist bracelets!
I enjoyed my job and I really like the jeweller for whom I worked.
Whitehorse culture itself was a bit primitif, and I did have a little trouble with my health.
Ther was no difficulty with any part of this occupation.
Pros
my own element
Cons
extreme weather
Hectic work but very enjoyable
Account associate (Former Employee) –  Home depot - ellesmere and wardenFebruary 7, 2014
Arrive at 7.30am. sort out mail and packages . prpare print work dopped off from ay before. sevices xerox machines. take customer requests and work. avise customer on print work. send off items vis courier or mail. recieve items at the door. i learned not to second guess yourself that you can do things requested fo you, find a way to do them.My management team were very hands-on. Ale and willing to go the second milewith you. My coworkers were a gregarious and hard working bunch. The hardest part was letting printing job s sit till the next day as there wasnt time in the day to finish them. The most enjoyable part was the variety and commaraderie between the peopkle iI worked with.
Pros
happy work atmosphere
Cons
not enough time in the day tofinish some work
Productive Good Place To Work
Switchboard Operator/Reception/Administration (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 25, 2013
Main job was switchboard and covering reception with doing mail out in between calls. Checking cheque list, helping out with data entry. Keeping up with phone books on line under Telephone Reception Information Management. This job was very enjoyable and in a quiet space room for answering calls and completing the call to the finish. To satisfy the customer needs. Paying very close to details. I enjoyed working days, and gave me a good work life balance. Every day was a new day on the phones as you never know what questions will be asked of me and yet the confidence to follow through with the delivery of calls. Very busy call volume, yet enough to help out in other departments.
Pros
very busy office
Amazing culture promoting collaboration, ingenuity, and scientific development
Process Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2012
Management gave both the support and freedom to progress on assigned projects. Employees were challenged to solve problems creatively and independently or collaboratively with co-workers. Management was also open and available for further problem solving if it was required.
Pros
excellent cafeteria, friendly coworkers
Great place to build long standing relationships and learn new skills
GDO SOLUTIONS ACCOUNT LEAD (Account Management) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSNovember 2, 2013
Over 10 years at Xerox enabled me to learn and accomplish many things however my job was affected due to a company restructure. Xerox was a great place to work and my co-workers were among some of the best. Personal development was top priority there. I will miss working there.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
being laid off
excellent communication with management, very open environment
Graphic Designer/Print Production (Former Employee) –  UBCSeptember 25, 2012
-Created design/edited based on job docket summary.
-production room duties included running digital printers, scanned and cleaned documents, shipping n receiving.
-Management always instructed with clarity.
Pros
open environment, music was aloud, free lunches
Cons
no job security, hours were not always full time, no room for advancement
The nice Research Centre
Assistant Microscopist / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2013
Nice place. Interesting, despite the fact I was cooped up in the basement for most the time.

My typical day at work was working as a microscopist to analyze results. It was a valuable learning experience. The management was nice, as well as most of my co-workers. All of it was enjoyable for me.
Pros
free food, awesome friday lectures, awesome work, cool tools
Cons
some long hours
Xerox
Solutions Account Lead (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 17, 2013
Reporting to Helpdesk Manager and Account Teams; responsible for account management, reporting to account teams with month-end results and providing floor support to agents.
Accomplishments
Trained new hire classes for the GDO help desk
2010 Esprit Award nominee
2010 Service Excellence Award winner
2012 credit note from UTC team for exceptional performance
Pros
great hours
Cons
no security
Very demanding
Xerox Consultant (Former Employee) –  UBCNovember 14, 2013
Check jobs due for the day, and make sure staff is aware. Check voice mail that come in during the evening; assign to proper departments. Reply to clients request; stat on job, billing inquiries, equipment issues. Reply to Head office; financial forecasting, billing issues, sales figures. Reply to vendors; billing, supplies. Ordering supplies for Office use or production use. Schedule temps in production area, and front office. Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable. Training of staff in production and front office. Help with sales input from production and equipment sales.
The hardest part of the job, was that there was not enough time in the day to complete everything. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and staff. Learnt how to manage my time very wisely.
Pros
free parking
Gained beneficial experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 14, 2014
I love that I face new challenges every day and I come into work not knowing what the day will hold. Unfortunately, they're downsizing and my job isn't secure any longer.
My role is challenging because I have to manage 42 sales reps virtually. I do so by mentoring, coaching, training, sales support, driving revenue through marketing initiatives and different programs that I manage to inspire the reps to sell harder. I prospect for new business to increase market share. I am the sales manager because many agent owners don't have one on staff and are too busy to take on the responsibility.
I use many systems and software on a daily basis, such as: Salesforce, WebEx, Microsoft Outlook, MS Dos, Internet, CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, iOS7, and MS Windows 7/8.
Pros
free parking
Cons
downsizing drastically

2.9