Xerox Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
The Job it is something not hard to learn and everybody at work is easy going.

Part of the job is when we do our delivery or receiving or even printing job we use the computer, Which technically involve us staring and looking into the monitor screen, Sometimes some people always assumed we were using the Internet distracting ourselves from our job.
Pros
Productive and Fun
Cons
After summer time is Slow Season
Waking up everyday and knowing that you are walking into a fun environment is the best and that's exactly how my place of work is.
Receptionist and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa,ON8 October 2015
Everyone brings something different do the table therefore I learn something new everyday. The management team is awesome always there to listen and to come up with a solution. My co-workers are so different from one another other which makes it easier to blend in with everyone.The hardest part of the the job is pleasing the customers and live up to there standards but at the same time it is the most enjoyable part of my job because I get to challenge myself to find a way to please everyone.Happy customers means good business.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
not enough parking
Worklife balance to the max
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto3 October 2015
I have only ever worked at this one company full time so take my review with a grain of salt. Having said that, I worked at the Canadian HQ at Yonge & Finch and I love it!

Every single one of the management staff is super nice and most of them have been with the company 10+ years. It's a very sales & marketing focused company. Lots of money is being spent on contests for sales, but not so much for headquarter staff.

There are no all hands meetings, so sometimes it takes a while to get the big picture. However, the org structure is pretty flat despite having our own CEO in Canada which is a huge plus in terms of autonomy as company. There's also a lot of working relationship with folks from the US and other parts of the company.

People tend to skew towards the older range in terms of tenure and every single one of them I met have been very nice. Turnover is very low in HQ.

They have a lean six sigma training (free), which drives a lot of how the company do things. I particular liked this one because it is essentially a free project management course.

Benefits wise: You can leave and come whenever you want as long as you get your work done. Working from home is very common. So common that halve the office is usually empty despite recently removing one of 4 floors in the building. Maternity leave is 1 year. You can buy vacation days. Gym is heavily subsidized at GoodLife which works out to $150/yr. Compared to other companies, the benefits package I believe seems very similar.

Pay: My next job offered a 35% salary bump, so I believe the pay at Xerox was not very
  more... competitive at all.  less
Pros
work from home
Cons
no free coffee
A great company that helps improve ones skills and encourages learning
Technical customer support (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON24 September 2015
A typical day in the company always is always centered around our customer. Whatever position u hold the customer is the main focus.
Great place to work with lots of great training
Pricing and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 September 2015
A great company to work for I really enjoy the experience and training I received . Great people and very professional workplace.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Off shoring of jobs
Xerox
Xerox Customer Accont Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 September 2015
No Comment about this company, I was a long term employee for 20 years with no advancement over the last 9 years. The direction of the company changes each day and it is only focused on the numbers. Its about the employees! this is not true. A company all about politics not what makes sense to do for the customer.
Pros
Talk a good Talk
Cons
No Follow up
a typical day at work.
Xerox Associate/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 September 2015
A by the book place to work. Staff friendly but focused mainly on their work. Usual amount of red tape and politics which is expected at a large company.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Very strict
Learn a lot.
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga On11 September 2015
Xerox Canada, is the place that can be described in one word, Bee nest. Everybody knows their part, but everyone works to help each other and build a magnificent product.
The workday could be explained as a complex series of activities, where what you have planned to do may not end up being the agenda during the day and
Bilingual , Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  downtown Toronto2 September 2015
A career at Xerox?
You work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. People are encouraged to know the company products, services, customers and grow professionally and reach their dream job.
Pros
Environment, culture, locations, flexibility
Cons
transformation of the business related to reduced portofolio and job fulfilment
Profile
Fiels Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
While I thoroughly enjoy working with computers and printers in the office and in the field, I also enjoy the challenge of trouble shooting and problem solving over the phone. I enjoy and welcome all opportunities to train other technicians in the servicing and operations of specialised equipment, as well as opportunities to expand my own knowledge and abilities. I am career orientated and work well as a team player, or on my own without supervision
Great Company if you love to work hard!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Somewhere27 August 2015
If you work hard you get great results. Not a business or company to be taken lightly. Lots to learn and you grow at your own pace.
Pros
You can make great money!
Cons
Its tough to get started
A day at work
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto23 July 2015
The hardest part of the job is to carry paper boxes from the loading dock to the storage without any tools to help.
Tipical day, is to prepare orders and send them to customers at three different locations.
Most enjoyable part is when a customer provides a good comment about my the product.
First step in my job life
sales and marketing (Former Employee) –  Egypt23 June 2015
starting at 9 with determine the clients to follow
the most important learn how to deal in job community
the hardest part the wether out side the office from site visit of the clients
Contracts are never fun but the environment was at least professional which is nice for a call centre
SSS Service Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John NB28 May 2015
While Xerox can be strict and yes I wont dent cliques run the show in Xerox SJ. I was blessed with a high rate of pay coming in the door. Now this was only due to a new program being launched. I began at 14.50 where normally it would only be 11.00.

At the end of my contact term as i had moved to overnight and getting a premium I was under contract but making 17.10 an hour by the time i left. However, despite I help train the overnight team where my position could be refilled with another contractor for only 13.10 under the normal premiums based upon only 11.50 as the base, they had no way to keep me one despite I offered them to cut my pay (as I enjoyed the program itself and the technicians I worked with in dispatching where friendly and working, so to was the support staff on site)

The only downside is the wait time on contract. My agency didnt just not re-hire me, Ceridian Staffing I believe they where, claimed bankruptcy and informed me a week early my term was finished. the did pay me out the last week but of course that left me slightly bitter despite it wasn't xerox's choice technically.

In the end overall it was a great learning experience where i got to use my training experience to in a sense train a few of the overnight agents. Only downside is ive heard of people being there 5 yrs and still stuck at 11.50 without being converted due to wage freezes.

My room mate at the time worked there for ten yrs and only had gotten to 14.00 even right after i left just before her 11th year.
Pros
great rate of pay for the time i applied. professional which is so rare in call centre in SJ
Cons
Contracts, long wait for conversions and raises.
Great Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 May 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. Co workers and staff are always friendly and approachable. I really enjoyed the data entry work. I would definitely recommend this company
fortune 500 company
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth NS22 May 2015
working at all levels with fellow Xerox employees from all over North America. great work / home life balance. great benefits as well
Positive working Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough on.13 May 2015
The most enjoyable working place and very positive work environment where each candidates prefer to work

They Provided Free lunch when there is overtime
A company that allowed independent growth for anyone
SENIOR TECHNECIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill to Newmarket to Vaughan20 April 2015
Best company that I ever worked for. Resigned and opened the print shop. Did 25 - 20 hours overtime weekly with new project upgrades. Enjoyed management and others that I worked with. Was always driven for best results in job.
Pros
Advancement in whatever your goals are
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John16 April 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management
great co-workers horrible management
Accounts Receivable and Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2015
Xerox is a great company to work for if you like to be overworked and underpaid. Some of the staff are wonderful however upper management not so much. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
8-4
Cons
low pay

2.9