Xerox Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
The Job it is something not hard to learn and everybody at work is easy going.

Part of the job is when we do our delivery or receiving or even printing job we use the computer, Which technically involve us staring and looking into the monitor screen, Sometimes some people always assumed we were using the Internet distracting ourselves from our job.
Pros
Productive and Fun
Cons
After summer time is Slow Season
Must be self driven and dedicated.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2014
When working in the sales field you must be available for the clients at anytime. This required long hours and sometimes on weekends. You must be self driven and dedicated as this career is very commissioned based. Xerox was a great company to work for as it has reputable products and a great history. The training was very thorough, however when I got into the field I felt as though I was kind of on my own and not prepared. It was hard to communicate the help I needed to the management team, as a lot of the issues we just being new to the industry.
Pros
training expenses paid for, great experiences
Cons
often alone most of the time
Busy place to work
Printer/Mailroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2012
Good people at this job site, unfortunatley I was a temp and they were not willing to let me advance nor did they want anybody too, Xerox that is, too bad as many customer were very happy with my work!
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
no benefits or raises because i was a temp
growth and advancement
Account Receivable Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
Support management, growth and education fee was welcome. was able to learn a lot form management staff and colleagues in different department
Productive work place
Chemical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great workplace to learn new skill set and apply knowledge to improve productivity and efficiency of products being generated.
Great Company if you love to work hard!
Worker (Former Employee) –  SomewhereAugust 27, 2015
If you work hard you get great results. Not a business or company to be taken lightly. Lots to learn and you grow at your own pace.
Pros
You can make great money!
Cons
Its tough to get started
This company becomes worse and worse on everything.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
sometimes it is unfair for employee, the highest working pressure and requiremnts in same industry, but offer lower payment compare to its competitors.
Pros
good benefits excluding salary
Cons
too much pressure
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 16, 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management
good people but low benefits
Financial Analyst(BGU) (Current Employee) –  North york, onMay 9, 2013
the company is great when it comes to the quality of people who work with you, and the opportunities you are given, but benefits are lower compared to most other companies
Productive Good Place To Work
Switchboard Operator/Reception/Administration (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 25, 2013
Main job was switchboard and covering reception with doing mail out in between calls. Checking cheque list, helping out with data entry. Keeping up with phone books on line under Telephone Reception Information Management. This job was very enjoyable and in a quiet space room for answering calls and completing the call to the finish. To satisfy the customer needs. Paying very close to details. I enjoyed working days, and gave me a good work life balance. Every day was a new day on the phones as you never know what questions will be asked of me and yet the confidence to follow through with the delivery of calls. Very busy call volume, yet enough to help out in other departments.
Pros
very busy office
a typical day at work.
Xerox Associate/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 14, 2015
A by the book place to work. Staff friendly but focused mainly on their work. Usual amount of red tape and politics which is expected at a large company.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Very strict
Very professional work place.
Customer Support, Translator (Former Employee) –  North York, OntarioJanuary 16, 2013
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Lots of learning opportunities.
awful environment
Field Maintenance Technician Montreal (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QCMay 28, 2014
Extremely lire managers

just awful people with awful minimum salary
A typical day at work
Assist clientele (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
A typical day at work starts off by coming a 5mins early to get a jump start to the day. What I've learn on a day to day basis to be a team player and always extend my help whenever I can. Management is okay I feel that there's not any room for advancement within the company.My co-workers are easier to get along with. The hardest part of this job is the fact they merge the mailroom and the print room together and I have to work with what I've got. I've brought my concerns with management but they don't seem to concerned about it. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with clientele on a day to day basis. That's pretty much an average day.
A company that allowed independent growth for anyone
SENIOR TECHNECIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill to Newmarket to VaughanApril 20, 2015
Best company that I ever worked for. Resigned and opened the print shop. Did 25 - 20 hours overtime weekly with new project upgrades. Enjoyed management and others that I worked with. Was always driven for best results in job.
Pros
Advancement in whatever your goals are
Great place to work with lots of great training
Pricing and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 22, 2015
A great company to work for I really enjoy the experience and training I received . Great people and very professional workplace.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Off shoring of jobs
Office Temp: Dispatch for Xerox
Office temp- Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 22, 2012
I sat at a desk with a set of address cards on a rotary and I took calls for distraught customers about their broken or malfunctioning Xerox machines.

At the time I was quite a young woman, and I enjoyed being on the phone all day (I wore a headset). Sometimes I was screamed at, and I di try to stay patient. The answer to all this is to drink coffee all day. if you stay speedy the day whizzes by.

Seriously, the manager at the time was really nice, and she wished to promote me to management in Xerox. I declined because I wished to stick to my arts career.

I took part time temp work mainly because in the arts one receives contract opportunities or individual sales. I was a sole support parent and I often had to take more than one job.

I am guessing at the date when I worked for Xerox. Human Resources have you alter your CV so many times I can hardly remember some of these gigs at my age!
Pros
busy - ness
Cons
screamers
A great company that helps improve ones skills and encourages learning
Technical customer support (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONSeptember 24, 2015
A typical day in the company always is always centered around our customer. Whatever position u hold the customer is the main focus.
HR Managment
HR Consultant/Executive Coach (Former Employee) –  New York Bay, NLApril 8, 2014
My typrical day at work used to start
Recruited by the president of an energy services company to effect behavior changes in the management team
Resulting in increased performance/productivity and to provide staffing and employee relations leadership.
Coached staff members individually, helping them to identify and overcome barriers to their success.
Devised and established HR policies and procedures.
Advised managers on employee relations matters as well as staffing and candidate selection.
Implemented annual climate survey that became an integral part of the company culture. Survey feedback
resulted in actionable plans that contributed to the overall growth and success of the company.Created a highly effective/responsive staffing function during rapid growth; devised comprehensive
leadership development program and succession plan.
Re-engineered and integrated back office functions to create a single, highly efficient order fulfillment
Customer interface. Cross-trained employees on multiple functions to facilitate a single point for problem resolution.
The most thing I loved about this job was had a great team that I worked with.
I didnt find anything hard about this job.
Pros
finished work by 5 pm
Xerox Services - Chatham, Ontario
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced. I keep track of all of my work in progress on my production board. With multiple client requests, it is a great way to keep on track with all of my work to be done.

I have learned great time management over the past few years and I have become a leader at the Site Level.

I work closely with our management team to ensure that our Key Clients are satisfied with our services. I also send in weekly and monthly reports to our Client Delivery Manager.

My coworkers are great to work with and not afraid to ask for help when needed. We have team building days which has helped us become a great team!

The hardest part of my job is the commute. I have been driving into Chatham, 4 days a week for over 5 years. This makes for very long and stressful days.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the client satisfaction, when a project is complete! I also enjoy having the creative freedom to help meet the needs of our clients as well as our internal business.
Pros
creative freedom, great team, great clients
Cons
long commute, long work days

2.9