Xerox Employee Reviews in Canada

Worked from home on some days and in office on others very slow building customer relationships. Running a programme that monitors devices.
XPPS Service and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  newcastelJanuary 12, 2016
Great job love the freedom to work from anywhere home or office some days on the road cold calling customers to try and build new customer relationships.
Great workplace, amazing company
Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical work day consists of recovering data off of encrypted machines, creating and closing work orders using BMC Remedy, cleaning, formatting, testing and configuring machines for redeployment back into the field and sometimes providing tech support to users.
It was a small office but I got along well with everyone
Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  West Georgia Street, VancouverMay 4, 2016
I would help customers in person and on the phone. As the only girl in the office, I did all the typing filing, A/R, A/P, invoicing, payroll and collections
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 16, 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management
Horrible place to work
ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 3, 2016
NO RAISES, Work load of 3 people. No benefits, No job security.
Everyone is from a temp agency and never hired, Only management is from Xerox
no comment
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
no comment for this job, work there and make your own decision. It has it's ups and downs like all businesses. ....... ........ ....... ......
a typical day at work.
Xerox Associate/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 14, 2015
A by the book place to work. Staff friendly but focused mainly on their work. Usual amount of red tape and politics which is expected at a large company.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Very strict
Great Company if you love to work hard!
Worker (Former Employee) –  SomewhereAugust 27, 2015
If you work hard you get great results. Not a business or company to be taken lightly. Lots to learn and you grow at your own pace.
Pros
You can make great money!
Cons
Its tough to get started
A company that allowed independent growth for anyone
SENIOR TECHNECIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill to Newmarket to VaughanApril 20, 2015
Best company that I ever worked for. Resigned and opened the print shop. Did 25 - 20 hours overtime weekly with new project upgrades. Enjoyed management and others that I worked with. Was always driven for best results in job.
Pros
Advancement in whatever your goals are
ok place over all
level 2 support EOOD (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 9, 2016
trouble shooting network issues such as email fax scanning to
pc or file
first line support for north america
in coming call out going call and email follow up
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
The Job it is something not hard to learn and everybody at work is easy going.

Part of the job is when we do our delivery or receiving or even printing job we use the computer, Which technically involve us staring and looking into the monitor screen, Sometimes some people always assumed we were using the Internet distracting ourselves from our job.
Pros
Productive and Fun
Cons
After summer time is Slow Season
Productive work place
Chemical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great workplace to learn new skill set and apply knowledge to improve productivity and efficiency of products being generated.
Must be self driven and dedicated.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2014
When working in the sales field you must be available for the clients at anytime. This required long hours and sometimes on weekends. You must be self driven and dedicated as this career is very commissioned based. Xerox was a great company to work for as it has reputable products and a great history. The training was very thorough, however when I got into the field I felt as though I was kind of on my own and not prepared. It was hard to communicate the help I needed to the management team, as a lot of the issues we just being new to the industry.
Pros
training expenses paid for, great experiences
Cons
often alone most of the time
Great place to work!
Fleet Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2013
As a fleet analyst, I had to prioritize my schedule. Meetings with clients, upper management and make sure the contract is running at optimal expectation. Also made sure client needs were met.

Ive learned on how to meet tight deadlines, and having to have staff work for you.

Management were great. They were there when needed, and paid close attention to your work.

Co-workers were terrific as they helped each other.

Hardest part of the job is long hours, making sure client needs were met. Very time consuming job!

Most enjoyable is having the end result of having happy clients, making sure everything ran great!
Pros
great work experience
Cons
salary ( salary freeze )
Contracts are never fun but the environment was at least professional which is nice for a call centre
SSS Service Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBMay 28, 2015
While Xerox can be strict and yes I wont dent cliques run the show in Xerox SJ. I was blessed with a high rate of pay coming in the door. Now this was only due to a new program being launched. I began at 14.50 where normally it would only be 11.00.

At the end of my contact term as i had moved to overnight and getting a premium I was under contract but making 17.10 an hour by the time i left. However, despite I help train the overnight team where my position could be refilled with another contractor for only 13.10 under the normal premiums based upon only 11.50 as the base, they had no way to keep me one despite I offered them to cut my pay (as I enjoyed the program itself and the technicians I worked with in dispatching where friendly and working, so to was the support staff on site)

The only downside is the wait time on contract. My agency didnt just not re-hire me, Ceridian Staffing I believe they where, claimed bankruptcy and informed me a week early my term was finished. the did pay me out the last week but of course that left me slightly bitter despite it wasn't xerox's choice technically.

In the end overall it was a great learning experience where i got to use my training experience to in a sense train a few of the overnight agents. Only downside is ive heard of people being there 5 yrs and still stuck at 11.50 without being converted due to wage freezes.

My room mate at the time worked there for ten yrs and only had gotten to 14.00 even right after i left just before her 11th year.
Pros
great rate of pay for the time i applied. professional which is so rare in call centre in SJ
Cons
Contracts, long wait for conversions and raises.
A typical day at work
Assist clientele (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
A typical day at work starts off by coming a 5mins early to get a jump start to the day. What I've learn on a day to day basis to be a team player and always extend my help whenever I can. Management is okay I feel that there's not any room for advancement within the company.My co-workers are easier to get along with. The hardest part of this job is the fact they merge the mailroom and the print room together and I have to work with what I've got. I've brought my concerns with management but they don't seem to concerned about it. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with clientele on a day to day basis. That's pretty much an average day.
Great place to work with lots of great training
Pricing and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 22, 2015
A great company to work for I really enjoy the experience and training I received . Great people and very professional workplace.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Off shoring of jobs
Great place to combine work and fun
Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2013
Insure Forklift truck is in safe operating conditions and complete
pre-operational safety check list.Print orders ,scan UPC labels
to transfer Hus (stock handling units) to the parts branches requesting the parts.Build parcels or pallets,label loads and affix
proper labels if loads are fragile.
I learned teamwork,problem solving methods,Good magnufacturing
practices.Consensus building.
I had a good relationship with management.it was all in a team
concept,We each did our role for the success of the company.
I always treat my co-workers cordially and with respects
The hardest part of the job was to insure the remotest branches
get their parts delivered on time.
Learning many useful skills,good rapport with co-workers,
working in team getting the job done is satisfying.
Pros
safe work environment, good pay, good benefits.
Cons
commute through downtown
Productive Good Place To Work
Switchboard Operator/Reception/Administration (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 25, 2013
Main job was switchboard and covering reception with doing mail out in between calls. Checking cheque list, helping out with data entry. Keeping up with phone books on line under Telephone Reception Information Management. This job was very enjoyable and in a quiet space room for answering calls and completing the call to the finish. To satisfy the customer needs. Paying very close to details. I enjoyed working days, and gave me a good work life balance. Every day was a new day on the phones as you never know what questions will be asked of me and yet the confidence to follow through with the delivery of calls. Very busy call volume, yet enough to help out in other departments.
Pros
very busy office
Office Temp: Dispatch for Xerox
Office temp- Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 22, 2012
I sat at a desk with a set of address cards on a rotary and I took calls for distraught customers about their broken or malfunctioning Xerox machines.

At the time I was quite a young woman, and I enjoyed being on the phone all day (I wore a headset). Sometimes I was screamed at, and I di try to stay patient. The answer to all this is to drink coffee all day. if you stay speedy the day whizzes by.

Seriously, the manager at the time was really nice, and she wished to promote me to management in Xerox. I declined because I wished to stick to my arts career.

I took part time temp work mainly because in the arts one receives contract opportunities or individual sales. I was a sole support parent and I often had to take more than one job.

I am guessing at the date when I worked for Xerox. Human Resources have you alter your CV so many times I can hardly remember some of these gigs at my age!
Pros
busy - ness
Cons
screamers