Xerox Employee Reviews

Reputable company with great co-workers
On-Site Deployment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 14, 2016
Over the past 6 years I've had a very enjoyable time working for Xerox, I got to re located, experience different work ethics and try my skills out with different groups of people. I was lucky to be hired on fresh out of Collage (Work Term) which was good because I didn't really have to hunt for a job.

In the spring of 2015, our site had lost the contract with the Provincial Gov and was forced to lay off 4 employees. I however was lucky enough to stay on with the Xerox team but through a Contract Agency. I am currently on a term that ends March 31, 2016 but have been contacted by my previous Manager to be re located if willing.

I really enjoy working for the Xerox team but have to keep my options open and find permanent/full-time job.
Pros
team outtings, great managers & reputable company
Cons
Lost ful- time status, hired back but as contractor
Primarily contract work
Commercial Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
This company unfortunately primarily hires contract workers who often remain on contract for at least 1-2 years before getting full time. It's unfortunate because seems like a great company to be a part of.
Working at Xerox
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Iqaluit nunavutFebruary 29, 2016
Xerox is a highly professional employer. I was responsible for fixing and installing copier equipment Xerox taught me to be highly disciplined in reports and follow up. My boss and co workers were always available for support .The hardest part of the job was walking form customer to costumer in sub zero weather The most enjoyable part of the job was making my boss and customers happy with my work
Pros
Fun job
Cons
part time
Summary
Services and Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Xerox - Services and Solutions Executive

IT, Work Flow Solutions, Equipment, Software, Data Records Management, Consulting
Great company to work for
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Friendly and professional staff.
Feels like one big family.
You enjoy going to work and meeting staff and customers.
Hardest part of the job was to meet all customer's expectation as you wanted to serve your customers as best as possible.
Most enjoyable part of the day was to leave your customer's office and their machines were working. That made your customer happy.
no comment
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
no comment for this job, work there and make your own decision. It has it's ups and downs like all businesses. ....... ........ ....... ......
Great workplace, amazing company
Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical work day consists of recovering data off of encrypted machines, creating and closing work orders using BMC Remedy, cleaning, formatting, testing and configuring machines for redeployment back into the field and sometimes providing tech support to users.
Worked from home on some days and in office on others very slow building customer relationships. Running a programme that monitors devices.
XPPS Service and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  newcastelJanuary 12, 2016
Great job love the freedom to work from anywhere home or office some days on the road cold calling customers to try and build new customer relationships.
ok place over all
level 2 support EOOD (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 9, 2016
trouble shooting network issues such as email fax scanning to
pc or file
first line support for north america
in coming call out going call and email follow up
cool
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2016
its a world of new things always come up. we have to work like a team and to be very flexible with schedule. nice team and management.
Results driven sales environment
OWNER / GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 3, 2015
The Island Business Solutions team has an extensive background in all facets of the printing and imaging industry. Our commitment to doing what’s right for our clients and our passion have contributed to Island’s growth and overall success. Our personalized approach has guided the company to consistent year-over-year growth and firmly established Island as a premier office technology and IT services solutions provider for Vancouver Island, surrounding islands and Powell River B.C.
Productive work place
Chemical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great workplace to learn new skill set and apply knowledge to improve productivity and efficiency of products being generated.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 16, 2015
Good company to work to, good management and colleage. Good technician support and training. I was rewarded the President Club Member.
Really good place to work, the people and the work were made the days go by quickly.
Outbound and Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Nova ScotiaNovember 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Xerox the only reson I left was they moved my job and many others back to the States. Xerox is a very large company, but it took good care of it's people.
Pros
Greta place to work
Cons
Long hours and demanding managers.
growth and advancement
Account Receivable Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
Support management, growth and education fee was welcome. was able to learn a lot form management staff and colleagues in different department
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
The Job it is something not hard to learn and everybody at work is easy going.

Part of the job is when we do our delivery or receiving or even printing job we use the computer, Which technically involve us staring and looking into the monitor screen, Sometimes some people always assumed we were using the Internet distracting ourselves from our job.
Pros
Productive and Fun
Cons
After summer time is Slow Season
Waking up everyday and knowing that you are walking into a fun environment is the best and that's exactly how my place of work is.
Receptionist and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa,ONOctober 8, 2015
Everyone brings something different do the table therefore I learn something new everyday. The management team is awesome always there to listen and to come up with a solution. My co-workers are so different from one another other which makes it easier to blend in with everyone.The hardest part of the the job is pleasing the customers and live up to there standards but at the same time it is the most enjoyable part of my job because I get to challenge myself to find a way to please everyone.Happy customers means good business.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
not enough parking
Worklife balance to the max
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 3, 2015
I have only ever worked at this one company full time so take my review with a grain of salt. Having said that, I worked at the Canadian HQ at Yonge & Finch and I love it!

Every single one of the management staff is super nice and most of them have been with the company 10+ years. It's a very sales & marketing focused company. Lots of money is being spent on contests for sales, but not so much for headquarter staff.

There are no all hands meetings, so sometimes it takes a while to get the big picture. However, the org structure is pretty flat despite having our own CEO in Canada which is a huge plus in terms of autonomy as company. There's also a lot of working relationship with folks from the US and other parts of the company.

People tend to skew towards the older range in terms of tenure and every single one of them I met have been very nice. Turnover is very low in HQ.

They have a lean six sigma training (free), which drives a lot of how the company do things. I particular liked this one because it is essentially a free project management course.

Benefits wise: You can leave and come whenever you want as long as you get your work done. Working from home is very common. So common that halve the office is usually empty despite recently removing one of 4 floors in the building. Maternity leave is 1 year. You can buy vacation days. Gym is heavily subsidized at GoodLife which works out to $150/yr. Compared to other companies, the benefits package I believe seems very similar.

Pay: My next job offered a 35% salary bump, so I believe the pay at Xerox was not very
  more... competitive at all.  less
Pros
work from home
Cons
no free coffee
A great company that helps improve ones skills and encourages learning
Technical customer support (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONSeptember 24, 2015
A typical day in the company always is always centered around our customer. Whatever position u hold the customer is the main focus.
Great place to work with lots of great training
Pricing and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 22, 2015
A great company to work for I really enjoy the experience and training I received . Great people and very professional workplace.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Off shoring of jobs

2.9